AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 12 (End) Rating
Perfect 10 30 28.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 36.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 7.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.83%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-03-29, 22:05   Link #121
animeloversincebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto Yuki View Post
True dat!

I am really sad for her. hope all the hate will go away.

When i'm watching S1, all I think about Yozora's mean attitude is for the comdey sake of this series.. and I was really shock that most of the fans take it seriously.. (GOD, why is there so many dumb people that they forgot that anime is just an anime and not reality.. and the author decide why a certain character is like that?)

Let's not forget that Sena was more bad than Yozora.. and it was just toned down for some reason, idkw. (from S1, stepping-on-guy attitude/crybaby to S2, a total crybaby)
hmmm... I have to agree with this one..

I understand that if you love a certain character, she doesnt deserved to be bullied(Sena) but there is also no reason to hate Yozora. i also view it as just for comedy sake.
animeloversincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 22:14   Link #122
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Yuki will be Yuki. She is just the most awesome, maniliest character in the show.
Yukimura should ask Rika to make her a futa so she can plunge Kodaka's yaoi hole like the fist of an angry god
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 22:22   Link #123
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto Yuki View Post
^^ Total dumb. Proven! ... and please don't hate Yozora.
You shouldn't call him dumb. Yozora is the "Kirino" of this series and while Sena haters do exit (I saw ONE hater so far), they are likely less vocal for obvious reasons or are hopefully smart enough not to get into mindless arguments over a character that has secured a majority of the fan base.
Now for the Yozora ending scene, I'd like to pose a question since the series has ended. What if the reason that Yozora left wasn't to wallow in self pity, but because she realized how pathetic she was and desired to change herself hence the going on a journey. Now to be blunt, I'm interested in this development because as shown by the author of Honey and Clover, a journey can give a character incredible development.
The gap between Sena and Yozora in terms of fans is similar to the gap between Kuroneko and Kirino. Despite having roughly similar personalities, one is more well liked than the other. It all comes down to portrayal my guess, coupled with certain character traits and personality traits. Because one character was portrayed in a better light than the other, that character ended up gaining a strong fan base at the expense of the other.
As a lesson I learned from the anime "Kotoura san", even with mind reading abilities, you can't know enough about a person to make judgments about them because the reasons you may use to judge them may not be correct.
So, to sum it all up there's no logical point in you calling him dumb. If you have a problem with his opinion, state why you think his reasons are incorrect and give facts to support them. There's no need to have people dislike Yozora and her fans more than they already do.
You're welcome to disregard this message entirely if you want tho.
Edit: Nevermind the Yozora hate will continue to escalate. There's honestly no point in even caring anymore. Waits to see when the Yozora death threats will become mainstream.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-03-29 at 22:32.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 22:43   Link #124
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

yet how it ended sure we had

RISE OF RIKA (really even since glasses got to go she bit turned into clare http://degrassi.wikia.com/wiki/Clare_Edwards & with still usual doing & bit mix combine trying to channel eli http://degrassi.wikia.com/wiki/Eli_Goldsworthy i know add degrassi feel on it) now likely 3rd option for kodaka.

FALL OF YOZORA give she seen keep thing like in the past trying to get kodaka til meat & rika want kodaka with how it stand right & to move on to future indded yea she is like LOST in ways going like on a soul searching/journey to find something.

cause this so lead maybe s3 might channel a degrassi drama feel on it?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 23:11   Link #125
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
You shouldn't call him dumb. Yozora is the "Kirino" of this series and while Sena haters do exit (I saw ONE hater so far), they are likely less vocal for obvious reasons or are hopefully smart enough not to into mindless arguments over a character that has secured a majority of the fan base.
Now for the Yozora ending scene, I'd like to pose a question since the series has ended. What if the reason that Yozora left wasn't to wallow in self pity, but because she realized how pathetic she was and desired to change herself hence the going on a journey. Now to be blunt, I'm interested in this development because as shown by the author of Honey and Clover, a journey can give a character incredible development.
The gap between Sena and Yozora in terms of fans is similar to the gap between Kuroneko and Kirino. Despite having roughly similar personalities, one is more well liked than the other. It all comes down to portrayal my guess, coupled with certain character traits and personality traits. Because one character was portrayed in a better light than the other, that character ended up gaining a strong fan base at the expense of the other.
As a lesson I learned from the anime "Kotoura san", even with mind reading abilities, you can't know enough about a person to make judgments about them because the reasons you may use to judge them may not be correct.
So, to sum it all up there's no logical point in you calling him dumb. If you have a problem with his opinion, state why you think his reasons are incorrect and give facts to support them. There's no need to have people dislike Yozora and her fans more than they already do.
You're welcome to disregard this message entirely if you want tho.
I too find it very difficult to explain why certain characters become popular and others don't, even when said characters are very similar. Heck, I can't even fully explain why I like certain characters and not others, much less what the community would think. Some of my preferences have been (community preferences in brackets if different) Sena, Kuroneko, Subaru, Lingyin (Charlotte), Silica (Asuna), Nanami (Mashiro), Miyabi (Konoe).

Everyone here has almost definitely been in the position where we supported a character that was unfairly hated by the community, or was at least part of the minority in terms of support. Many of us will know how it feels to be trolled and flamed for supporting that character, and the taunting that occurs if our characters ultimately lose, or the raging in the unlikely event that our characters win. Haters will always hate, and these people will never be convinced otherwise. Joining in will only be counter-productive and lead nowhere, but rational arguments will generally convince the middle ground that there is another side to the story perpetuated by the ones who do nothing but hate.

/rant

Now, with regard to Yozora's departure, my interpretation of the novels was that she left because she was saddened about losing her place as Kodaka's closest friend. The entire scene was actually quite short, and what happens next is anyone's guess.

Spoiler:

OreImo had a slightly similar plot point, in which Kyousuke chose to follow after a certain someone to bring her back. I think this is also a more likely outcome here than Yozora leaving for a journey on her own, especially since the title of the next novel, IIRC, is "Yozora's Revenge".
Old 2013-03-29, 23:43   Link #126
supermegasonic

well that was an interesting way to end the season, hopefully there's a third season, the characters are all likable to some extent, and i would like to see more yusa aoi and the council prez.
Old 2013-03-30, 00:00   Link #127
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I too find it very difficult to explain why certain characters become popular and others don't, even when said characters are very similar. Heck, I can't even fully explain why I like certain characters and not others, much less what the community would think. Some of my preferences have been (community preferences in brackets if different) Sena, Kuroneko, Subaru, Lingyin (Charlotte), Silica (Asuna), Nanami (Mashiro), Miyabi (Konoe).

Everyone here has almost definitely been in the position where we supported a character that was unfairly hated by the community, or was at least part of the minority in terms of support. Many of us will know how it feels to be trolled and flamed for supporting that character, and the taunting that occurs if our characters ultimately lose, or the raging in the unlikely event that our characters win. Haters will always hate, and these people will never be convinced otherwise. Joining in will only be counter-productive and lead nowhere, but rational arguments will generally convince the middle ground that there is another side to the story perpetuated by the ones who do nothing but hate.

/rant

Now, with regard to Yozora's departure, my interpretation of the novels was that she left because she was saddened about losing her place as Kodaka's closest friend. The entire scene was actually quite short, and what happens next is anyone's guess.

Spoiler:

OreImo had a slightly similar plot point, in which Kyousuke chose to follow after a certain someone to bring her back. I think this is also a more likely outcome here than Yozora leaving for a journey on her own, especially since the title of the next novel, IIRC, is "Yozora's Revenge".
Now that I see that the translation, I can understand your interpretation and I agree with it as well. Good point on the fanbase reactions. The reason I said what I did at the end was because I know many people will be angry if Yozora manages to get Kodaka at the end or shaft Sena in anyway, hence the hate continuing to escalate. It's interesting to note that we like the same characters in most of the series you posted minus 2.
Oreimo shares a lot of similarities to this series but one seems to flow better than the other.
For Mayo Chiki, I'll admit that twin tails determined my favorite character. For Haganai, I'm a Hinata fan as of today. Overall tho, I'm a Rika/Yozora fan. I like character's that people don't know much about. I'm also a Kuroneko convert since I was originally a Kirino fan. Also can anyone explain to me why Rika had a different reaction towards Sena and Yozora about her otome game when they both clearly insulted her (Episode 5 btw)? Wasn't mentioned in the thread.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-03-30 at 00:21.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 01:00   Link #128
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I think this is also a more likely outcome here than Yozora leaving for a journey on her own, especially since the title of the next novel, IIRC, is "Yozora's Revenge".
That's very foreboding. Yozora already schemes a lot, and now she is going to have her revenge? I do hope they improve her character, not make her even more spiteful than before. Well, let's hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Also can anyone explain to me why Rika had a different reaction towards Sena and Yozora about her otome game when they both clearly insulted her (Episode 5 btw)? Wasn't mentioned in the thread.
I guess it would for selfish reasons. Rika wanted another person to like what she likes, in this case otome games. In this case, she wanted Yozora to like/have the same interests as she does, so she was willing to tolerate insults from her. However, when Sena got in the way and possibly push Yozora away from said game, Rika got upset. Rika's goal was for another person to have her same interest; hence, her reaction to each person depending on how much it affected her goal.
Old 2013-03-30, 08:35   Link #129
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Yukimura should ask Rika to make her a futa so she can plunge Kodaka's yaoi hole like the fist of an angry god
Well there goes my coffee. Should've known better than to browse forums while drinking.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 09:55   Link #130
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well the fight scene was interesting. I'll take it as symbolic.

I thought it obvious that the Student Council President is supposed to evoke Yozora. Essentially the SC President is what Yozora would be if Yozora wasn't broken. Hence why Yozora hates her so passionately, she's a reminder of what Yozora ought to be.

Also fits in with Kodaka being attracted to the SC President. Yozora really is his "type."

As for why Yozora deserves Kodaka despite being a loser and running away, and for that matter why does Kodaka deserve these girls that care for him - I thought Yukimura had the best lines of the entire show.

Yukimura pointed out the ugly truth that none of them deserve friendship. They just are friends. Yukimura likes Kodaka because she does, despite him being so pathetic.

The harsh truth of life is that all human beings are flawed and undeserving of happiness. That doesn't mean we can't love each other, or that we ought to give up on being happy. Just stop thinking that somehow good things (or bad) happen because we deserve it, (and vice versa).

As for why Yozora ran away, it's the usual with her. Everyone else wants "friends," but Yozora is different. Yozora wants "one friend." To her Kodaka accepting Rika as a friend meant she no longer has a role, because Kodaka choose Rika over her.

Sure it's something Yozora needs to get over, but for her she wants an exclusive friendship in which she is loyal to one person and that one person is loyal to her. Taka is the only person she sees for that role.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 10:32   Link #131
erdii

well as viewer of the series ı am a Sena fan. find her character funny and interesting but as for who deserve Kodaka. that should be definitely Rika.whether it is Yozora or Sena, both of them are selfish. they just selfishly want Kodaka to be with them while Rika wants Kodaka to be happy. she worries about Kodaka's happiness rather than herself. well Kodaka doesn't much fans so no care about him even if he had shared his life either with yozora or Sena, most probably he would be unhappy one day. those girls are selfishness would just ruin him. only possible way for him to be happy is through Rika. if Rika who cares about others more than herself doesn't get Kodaka than none of the girls would deserve him.

ı personanlly think Yozora is selfishness incarnate. Sena coming after that. well Sena's having great popularity despite that is a success in a way
Old 2013-03-30, 11:52   Link #132
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
well as viewer of the series ı am a Sena fan. find her character funny and interesting but as for who deserve Kodaka. that should be definitely Rika.whether it is Yozora or Sena, both of them are selfish. they just selfishly want Kodaka to be with them while Rika wants Kodaka to be happy. she worries about Kodaka's happiness rather than herself. well Kodaka doesn't much fans so no care about him even if he had shared his life either with yozora or Sena, most probably he would be unhappy one day. those girls are selfishness would just ruin him. only possible way for him to be happy is through Rika. if Rika who cares about others more than herself doesn't get Kodaka than none of the girls would deserve him.

ı personanlly think Yozora is selfishness incarnate. Sena coming after that. well Sena's having great popularity despite that is a success in a way
Long story short, Yozora and Sena's priorities go like this:

Get Kodaka>Everything else

Rika on the other hand:

Friends>Get Kodaka>Everything Else

It seems so glaringly simple and yet the two "main girls" can't seem to wrap their heads around it. I think Rika's way of approaching the situation in the club really highlights how socially awkward Sena and Yozora are .
Raviel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 12:26   Link #133
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Long story short, Yozora and Sena's priorities go like this:

Get Kodaka>Everything else

Rika on the other hand:

Friends>Get Kodaka>Everything Else

It seems so glaringly simple and yet the two "main girls" can't seem to wrap their heads around it. I think Rika's way of approaching the situation in the club really highlights how socially awkward Sena and Yozora are .
in sena side your are overseeing the things while yozora aways make clear who she only want kodaka and no other person, sena make clear who she want kodaka but also others peoples, like kobato and even yozora, sena is not totally selfish like yozora uf you remember from the first episode from the first season was clear who sena entered in the club to learn how to make friends not because kodaka, while yozora made the club to have a place to stay alone with kodaka.

indeed rika have a much better aproach about make "friends" than sena and yozora but sena also want friends, a good proof was who even after kodaka leave the club she continued going to him, if her goal was only aiming for kodaka she stopped to go like yozora, sena want kodaka but this doents means who she only want him like yozora.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:26   Link #134
Haak
Forever Alone...

Sena has priorities? It's hard to tell if she's even considered it that far, but as far as I'm aware of she just wants everything she wants. I don't think there's anything to suggest she wants Kodaka above everything else.

As for Yozora, trying to lay down her feelings in such superlative black and white terms will result in an oversimplification. One could make the case that Yozora cares about getting Kodaka first but that could also be another way of her wanting friends manifesting itself. And there are plenty of hints to suggest she cares about the other club members deeply so I think a much more reasonable conclusion is that those two priorities are in a constant battle with one another so moments where it seems her priorities are "Get Kodaka>Everything else" are just Yozora at her worst moments and not representative of her character as a whole. I mean Kodaka said it himself: "Human feelings can be complicated".
Old 2013-03-30, 15:59   Link #135
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I thought it obvious that the Student Council President is supposed to evoke Yozora. Essentially the SC President is what Yozora would be if Yozora wasn't broken. Hence why Yozora hates her so passionately, she's a reminder of what Yozora ought to be.

Also fits in with Kodaka being attracted to the SC President. Yozora really is his "type."
I'm not seeing this. Could you please explain how you see this? As far as I can tell, the SC President has the complete opposite personality and traits that Yozora has. The only thing they have in common is intelligence in studies. Hinata, the SC President, does not judge a book by its cover. Yozora does. Hinata is sociable. Yozora isn't. Hinata helps people whenever she cans. Yozora schemes against them. Hinata is good at sports. Yozora can't do sports. Hinata is accepting of others. Yozora thinks the world is her enemy.

To me, what you are saying is that if Yozora is the complete opposite of what she is, then she would really be Kodaka's type.

However, if you want a hint in appearance, then we can go with this. Kodaka has always stated that Rika is attractive. Then, in the ending credits of the episode, we see young Yozora reaching her hand out to Kodaka but suddenly turning into present day Rika. It could be considered symbolic in friendship, but the similarities in their appearance is striking. Hence, in this argument, you could say that Kodaka might be attracted to Yozora's looks as she is similar to Rika.
Old 2013-03-30, 16:13   Link #136
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Then, in the ending credits of the episode, we see young Yozora reaching her hand out to Kodaka but suddenly turning into present day Rika. It could be considered symbolic in friendship, but the similarities in their appearance is striking. Hence, in this argument, you could say that Kodaka might be attracted to Yozora's looks as she is similar to Rika.
This has nothing to do with appearance (anime faces are rather generic, differentiated mostly by cloths/hair), it is a clear message that Rika has become Kodaka's best friend, a position Sora had with Taka.

So now Yozora is angry that she lost all her chances to rebuild the past and no doubt has decided to go out in a blaze of glory taking revenge. I doubt she will take any revenge on the members of the neighbor's club, my bet she will hunt down the boys that probably made her into the recluse afraid of crowds she is nowadays.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 16:19   Link #137
Dr. Casey

drakkon - What Sackett means is that Yozora might be similar to the Student Council president were she not emotionally damaged, presumably thanks to a combination of loneliness and bullying. Yozora possessed none of the traits you correctly ascribed to her present day self when she was a child, and under better circumstances might have grown up somewhat similar to the president (since Yozora was pretty friendly, outgoing, and spirited as a kid).
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 16:36   Link #138
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
This has nothing to do with appearance (anime faces are rather generic, differentiated mostly by cloths/hair), it is a clear message that Rika has become Kodaka's best friend, a position Sora had with Taka.
It was just something I put it, but I understand what you are getting at. The replacement as a friend is most likely symbol of that seem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
drakkon - What Sackett means is that Yozora might be similar to the Student Council president were she not emotionally damaged, presumably thanks to a combination of loneliness and bullying. Yozora possessed none of the traits you correctly ascribed to her present day self when she was a child, and under better circumstances might have grown up somewhat similar to the president (since Yozora was pretty friendly, outgoing, and spirited as a kid).
Still, that is very optimistic perspective on Yozora. She is who she is from her past experiences, and people change accordingly. She was a tomboy when she was a kid, but I'm not sure about the social aspect or outgoing. It is really hard to see, at least for me, that Yozora has similar traits to Hinata.
Old 2013-03-30, 16:45   Link #139
mironicus

Quote:
To me, what you are saying is that if Yozora is the complete opposite of what she is, then she would really be Kodaka's type.

However, if you want a hint in appearance, then we can go with this. Kodaka has always stated that Rika is attractive. Then, in the ending credits of the episode, we see young Yozora reaching her hand out to Kodaka but suddenly turning into present day Rika. It could be considered symbolic in friendship, but the similarities in their appearance is striking. Hence, in this argument, you could say that Kodaka might be attracted to Yozora's looks as she is similar to Rika.
If you read the novel and just focus on everything Kodaka likes you can figure out what type of girl/person he prefers. It's all written in the book, he is the narrator after all.

Last edited by mironicus; 2013-03-30 at 16:59.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 17:02   Link #140
erdii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
If you read the novel and just focus on everything Kodaka likes you can figure out what type of girl/person he prefers. It's all written in the book, he is the narrator after all.
and that would be Rika