AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-30, 23:04   Link #721
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
That's my point. I don't ship Touma and Misaka so i don't want those moments.
i understand that touma has a few railgun haters but please don't start a argument, i also don't understand why you despise him so much seeing as how hes done noting but saved lives and putting his own at risk i mean i know hes a little preachy which caused him to be somewhat infamous with the fandom (another way of putting it is he is disliked by some of the fandom but note: he is extremely popular so it doesn't seem to affect his popularity much) i support kurokoxmikoto too but it annoys me that fans tend to go all out war against other characters that they don't like shipping with or despise for incredibly lame reasons but its not that surprising if you search around the website you see a few railgun touma haters but lets not forget some people watches railgun because of the lack of touma(though im pretty sure they are mostly yuri fans who ship mikoto and i notice kuroko fans don't take a liking to touma and a number of mikoto fans as well).

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-03-31 at 00:42.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 00:14   Link #722
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i understand that touma has a few railgun haters but please don't start a argument, i also don't understand why you despise him so much seeing as how hes done noting but saved lives and putting his own at risk i mean i know hes a little preachy which caused him to be somewhat infamous with the fandom (another way of putting it is he is disliked by some of the fandom) i support kurokoxmikoto too but it annoys me that fans tend to go all out war against other characters that they don't like shipping with or despise for incredibly lame reasons but its not that surprising if you search around the website you see a few railgun touma haters but lets not forget some people watches railgun because of the lack of touma(though im pretty sure they are mostly yuri fans who ship mikoto and i notice kuroko fans don't take a liking to touma and a number of mikoto fans as well).
I admit I'm a Kuroko fan but I don't dislike Touma for that reason. I dislike Harem genre protagonists in general except for Hayate and Keima and Touma especially is...
nevermind, as you said I don't want to start an argument.
My only point is that Railgun is supposed to be the side adventures. Touma's busy with other stuff while it's happening and forcing his presence in there just for shippy moments is silly. This is the only time Saten and Uiharu and Kuroko get some limelight and I enjoy that.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 00:36   Link #723
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
I admit I'm a Kuroko fan but I don't dislike Touma for that reason. I dislike Harem genre protagonists in general except for Hayate and Keima and Touma especially is...
nevermind, as you said I don't want to start an argument.
My only point is that Railgun is supposed to be the side adventures. Touma's busy with other stuff while it's happening and forcing his presence in there just for shippy moments is silly. This is the only time Saten and Uiharu and Kuroko get some limelight and I enjoy that.
well im just glad you are not gonna start an argument with me either i can tell your pretty much friendly but i can see why you dislike kamijou because he is a harem lead protagonist and especially since he has the biggest harem and does noting with it note: he is completely busy saving the world constantly everyday which is the problem why he doesn't notice their affection for him which is one of the problem but i have to admit thats the creator fault but personally i just ignore the harem because i enjoy kamijou allot even in the anime version but it be difficult to want touma out of railgun seeing as how allot if not most railgun fans like, respect, enjoy, or a fan of touma, and his camoa are only their for comic reliefs and those who ship toumaxmisaka and lol to tell you the truth toumaxsaten has quite a popularity in shipping too which i been told not sure but stated in tv trope as well so people would love him to meet saten as well but i think that be somewhat bad if she had an affection for him with all the uhiaruxsaten shippers but overall try to give touma a second try and just rewatch index and ignore the harem you well see hes a pretty enjoyable character to watch so just take that into consideration. and thanks again for not starting an agruement.

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-05-20 at 18:59.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 00:44   Link #724
julioalqae
the pragma
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: bandoeng
Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
well im just glad you are not gonna start an argument with me either i can tell your pretty much friendly but i can see why you dislike kamijou because he is a harem lead protagonist and especially since he has the biggest harem and does noting with it note: he is completely busy saving the world constantly everyday which is the problem why he doesn't notice their affection for him which is one of the problem but i have to admit thats the creator fault but personally i just ignore the harem because i enjoy kamijou allot even in the anime version but it be difficult to want touma out of railgun seeing as how allot if not most railgun fans like, respect, enjoy, or a fan of touma, and his camoa are only their for comic reliefs and those who ship toumaxmisaka and lol to tell you the truth toumaxsaten has quite a popularity in shipping too which i been told not sure but stated in tv trope as well so people would love him to meet saten as well but i think that be somewhat bad if she had an affection for him with all the uhiaruxsaten shippers but overall try to give touma a second try and just rewatch index and ignore the harem you well see hes a pretty enjoyable character to watch so just take that into consideration. and thanks again for not starting an agruement i had a same situation with someone else and not only did he outright said stuff that were inappropriate he even stated he wanted touma to die horribly in a chemical fire as slowly and painfully as possible and when i asked him why..... he said he was a kuroko fan.
your comment is pretty thrown out of order.....,
i hardly grasp the meaning for a while
__________________
julioalqae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 00:45   Link #725
Julio C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Yare yare. looks like we're gonna get more anime exclusive episodes/arcs. Oh well, hopefully they give more information on the science side that the manga doesn't. Also hope there aren't too much/any pointless filler episodes.
Filler episodes is what made the series better since it brought a lot more character development.
__________________
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 00:46   Link #726
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Quote:
Touma especially is...
What? What makes you think that Touma's "that"?

Quote:
That's my point. I don't ship Touma and Misaka so i don't want those moments.
If you're really indifferent of the ToumaxMisaka moments, you'd be alright with those moments. You don't need to be a shipper to enjoy those moments.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:04   Link #727
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I also don't ship for Touma and Mikoto. heck I don't ship Touma to anyone at all. Though the only girl I will probably accept is Index because Index know Touma more than anyone but I also don't ship her for romance purpose because romance between Touma and Index are way past that point. They act naturally together.

I don't ship anyone in 3 heroes of index franchise because romance here would ruin the adventure (for me) that's why there are fan fics for those though the fics for index are lacking.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:12   Link #728
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I also don't ship for Touma and Mikoto. heck I don't ship Touma to anyone at all. Though the only girl I will probably accept is Index because Index know Touma more than anyone but I also don't ship her for romance purpose because romance between Touma and Index are way past that point. They act naturally together.

I don't ship anyone in 3 heroes of index franchise because romance here would ruin the adventure (for me) that's why there are fan fics for those though the fics for index are lacking.
index the character or index the anime because pretty much all tamni fan fiction are toumaxmisaka and there are quite a number of them but overall i never really cared to much for shippings anyway either but only toumaxmisaka and kurokoxmisaka and maybe toumaxitsuwa seems to be the only characters i ship with in all anime,LN, and manga but don't get me wrong even though i ship them even i don't care much for the shippings becuase i just enjoy touma presence in anywhere.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:13   Link #729
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Filler episodes is what made the series better since it brought a lot more character development.
No no no no no.

Filler episodes destroyed half the show. They somehow made Kuroko even more annoying than in the manga and light novels. That's quite an achievement.

Stick to the manga, and we're golden. Judging by that PV though, I am not so sure that's what is going to happen though...

Index is definitely better than railgun, but I hope railgun S2 can avoid the mistakes of the previous anime which dragged it down considerably.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:15   Link #730
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
No no no no no.

Filler episodes destroyed half the show. They somehow made Kuroko even more annoying than in the manga and light novels. That's quite an achievement.

Stick to the manga, and we're golden. Judging by that PV though, I am not so sure that's what is going to happen though...

Index is definitely better than railgun, but I hope railgun S2 can avoid the mistakes of the previous anime which dragged it down considerably.
well i believe it depends on matter of taste i think probably half the fans in railgun enjoy the fillers while the other half prefer the canon version more but overall its down to a matter of personal taste but i do have to admit one thing only thing that bugs me with kuroko is her constant one-sama needs which kinda pisses me of even though i ship them.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:23   Link #731
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
No no no no no.

Filler episodes destroyed half the show. They somehow made Kuroko even more annoying than in the manga and light novels. That's quite an achievement.

Stick to the manga, and we're golden. Judging by that PV though, I am not so sure that's what is going to happen though...

Index is definitely better than railgun, but I hope railgun S2 can avoid the mistakes of the previous anime which dragged it down considerably.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm super suprise to hear you say that
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:24   Link #732
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
index the character or index the anime because pretty much all tamni fan fiction are toumaxmisaka and there are quite a number of them but overall i never really cared to much for shippings anyway either but only toumaxmisaka and kurokoxmisaka and maybe toumaxitsuwa seems to be the only characters i ship with in all anime,LN, and manga but don't get me wrong even though i ship them even i don't care much for the shippings becuase i just enjoy touma presence in anywhere.
I'm talking about Index and Touma's relationship so of course I'm talking about Index librorium prohibitorium. Index and Touma's relationship can't be called lovers at all because its way past that relationship and its a different type or relationship at all.

Though I don't understand why people had problems with railgun S2 having anime fillers. Its like a given fact already because railgun anime is a slice of life anime
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:27   Link #733
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm talking about Index and Touma's relationship so of course I'm talking about Index librorium prohibitorium. Index and Touma's relationship can't be called lovers at all because its way past that relationship and its a different type or relationship at all.

Though I don't understand why people had problems with railgun S2 having anime fillers. Its like a given fact already because railgun anime is a slice of life anime
lol i don't mind with the fillers too much as long as it can show touma dominate accelerator(im a huge fan of accelerator so don't get the wrong idea) im just worried they be taking away more of touma screen time like how they did it in railgun season 1 when they reduce it as much as possible and i can tell some were complaining about that too as well but personally i bet those who are complaining just want the main plot instead of fillers.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:32   Link #734
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
well for fillers there are many side stories that can be used from ss rather than anime original content, russia, and studio just some of the example, if they want more chara appearance..saten, kuroko, and others have nice role in those
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:40   Link #735
Julio C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
No no no no no.

Filler episodes destroyed half the show. They somehow made Kuroko even more annoying than in the manga and light novels. That's quite an achievement.

Stick to the manga, and we're golden. Judging by that PV though, I am not so sure that's what is going to happen though...

Index is definitely better than railgun, but I hope railgun S2 can avoid the mistakes of the previous anime which dragged it down considerably.
I prefer railgun over index. While I did enjoy the action more, index just had too many things going on sometimes. Railgun focused more on the character development which strengthen the storyline and resolve. This made the action sequences a lot more meaningful than just having Touma giving a rant and punching the bad guy at end, then rinse and repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
lol i don't mind with the fillers too much as long as it can show touma dominate accelerator(im a huge fan of accelerator so don't get the wrong idea) im just worried they be taking away more of touma screen time like how they did it in railgun season 1 when they reduce it as much as possible and i can tell some were complaining about that too as well but personally i bet those who are complaining just want the main plot instead of fillers.
If we get the scenes with Touma and Accelarator fighting against each other, would they be exactly like how it happened in Index II? It wouldn't make sense if the fight was completely different from Index II. I'm not asking if it's going to be the same animation sequence being re-used or shot at different angles, I'm asking if the fight scenes would be just like how they happened in Index II.

The cool thing is that we will see from Misaka's perspective.
__________________
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 02:06   Link #736
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I prefer railgun over index. While I did enjoy the action more, index just had too many things going on sometimes. Railgun focused more on the character development which strengthen the storyline and resolve. This made the action sequences a lot more meaningful than just having Touma giving a rant and punching the bad guy at end, then rinse and repeat.



If we get the scenes with Touma and Accelarator fighting against each other, would they be exactly like how it happened in Index II? It wouldn't make sense if the fight was completely different from Index II. I'm not asking if it's going to be the same animation sequence being re-used or shot at different angles, I'm asking if the fight scenes would be just like how they happened in Index II.

The cool thing is that we will see from Misaka's perspective.
you mean index 1 right? well i just hope they re edited some of the scenes afterall in railgun manga version was more epic then the way it happened in the index anime version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
The fact the guy at the end is only shown with is right hand, wouldn't that logically point to it just being Toma? I'd have expected either Toma or Accelerator to show in a PV, given how big both of them are to the upcoming series.

Oh, and if the series sells 20k+ units again, I imagine we'll get a season 3 in a few years. I highly doubt the production company hates making money.
i forgotten how much did the index series sell again was it 20k+ in both series im not sure but if anyone can tell me i hope they at least sold almost as well as railgun.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-01 at 00:41.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 02:17   Link #737
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Filler episodes is what made the series better since it brought a lot more character development.
To be honest that's the only good thing fillers do, if done right. Maybe a filler episode after a serious arc ends to lighten the mood a little would be good once in a while. I just hope they don't put any unnecessary filler content in the episodes to extend an arc longer than it should be. Like with what they're doing with Naruto Shippuden anime.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 02:23   Link #738
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i forgotten how much did the index series sell again was it 20k+ in both series im not sure but if anyone can tell me i hope they at least sold almost as well as railgun.
Index 1 : 10~12k
Index II : 16k
Railgun : 24k

Even though it's already awesome, I won't be satisfied with it selling just 20k+ though, after what happened last year I mean.
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 02:29   Link #739
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Exceptions aside, second seasons tend to sell less, so 20k sounds about right...

Oh and Index II averages around 17k+.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-03-31 at 02:40.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 02:31   Link #740
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
It's Railgun. I expect 20,000+.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, despair, drama, school life, sci-fi, sequel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.