AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-22, 14:30   Link #681
Matts
Nyan Nyan Waitress
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nyan Nyan's
No, it was Naoko. I only read one Kunihiko interview where he spoke about Sailor Moon, and only recently. The Naoko comment I remember was from way, way back.

And R.I.P Chieko Honda, sad to see another talent go.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic214006_4.gif
Matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 18:45   Link #682
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Natal-RN, Brazil
Age: 18
Strangely enough, Chieko passed away on the same day as Hisako Kyouda's (Zirconia's VA) was born. o_O
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 22:01   Link #683
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Oh jeez, it looks like Chieko Honda just passed away. She only had a small role in Sailor Moon as Tellu, but I'll always remember her for Meroko from Full Moon o Sagashite.
I know....I made a tribute to her here: http://my.deviantart.com/art/Meroko-Memorial-355811571



Quote:
For anyone wondering why the Sailor Moon R total is so high, most of those are from Chibiusa in her original blue uniform.
Oh yeah....that's right.
Talk about fan disservice!.

I also forgot there is a true one of Haruna-sensei in episode 2 of season one. Umino gets possessed and flips up her skirt. There's even a smiley face on them!

As for true panties/nudity in the manga.....holy crap
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 18:05   Link #684
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home


Welp, from the looks of it the reboot might be delayed, which in part explains why there's been no news even though the Summer season is fast approaching. Someone said it's because Toei is still trying to decide which audience to target the show for (i.e. teens/young adults or young children). I'm hoping for the former, but the point of a reboot is to attract a new audience, so I hope whatever the delay is it will serve to make the show better in the end.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 18:21   Link #685
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
They are probably looking into the more recent (successful) remakes to see what works and what doesn't. Though their only problem is deciding how far they want to go with it ahead of time (so they don't convolud it too much later on if it is successful) and to see if they want to condense the first season down to 13-26 episodes rather than that, what was it, 49 episodes?

And figure out what they want to do with Sailor V in story before Venus joins the rest of them.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 19:38   Link #686
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Welp, from the looks of it the reboot might be delayed, which in part explains why there's been no news even though the Summer season is fast approaching. Someone said it's because Toei is still trying to decide which audience to target the show for (i.e. teens/young adults or young children). I'm hoping for the former, but the point of a reboot is to attract a new audience, so I hope whatever the delay is it will serve to make the show better in the end.
good old Toei, as competent as ever
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 19:54   Link #687
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I'm hoping for the former, but the point of a reboot is to attract a new audience, so I hope whatever the delay is it will serve to make the show better in the end.
I hope for the general audience.... and not for fanservice!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 20:05   Link #688
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Always get a bit uneasy when I hear stuff like that... I hope this doesn't become anime vaporware.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 33.0: 101st Airborne Division [Air Assault]. The "Screaming Eagles" Division.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 20:16   Link #689
T-6000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Always get a bit uneasy when I hear stuff like that... I hope this doesn't become anime vaporware.
I'm with you on this one, especially since we have absolutely no information on the new series (as to whether it'll be closer to the manga or it'll go off in it's own direction like the Sailor Moon live action series). I hope this means that they are carefully evaluating their plans on the new Sailor Moon anime, and if that is what this delay means then so be it. I'd rather it be delayed to help pan out things better than to rush into things. I just hope the delay doesn't knock the series into next year.
__________________
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 20:16   Link #690
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Always get a bit uneasy when I hear stuff like that... I hope this doesn't become anime vaporware.
There is no chance that it will become vaporware, but there have been other reboots with disastrous ratings that had to be shelved earlier than expected. So this can be a mere 12 episodes if the productions costs are higher than the revenue they get from the show (be it trough publicity or BD sales).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 22:52   Link #691
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Always get a bit uneasy when I hear stuff like that... I hope this doesn't become anime vaporware.
I donno, they did make a big deal about it last year at the 20th anniversary event, so it would be kind of embarrassing for Toei to end up shelving the project.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 22:57   Link #692
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
This suddenly sounds like the Persona 3 Movie where they announced it too early and have no updates to show.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 11:35   Link #693
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Welp, from the looks of it the reboot might be delayed, which in part explains why there's been no news even though the Summer season is fast approaching. Someone said it's because Toei is still trying to decide which audience to target the show for (i.e. teens/young adults or young children). I'm hoping for the former, but the point of a reboot is to attract a new audience, so I hope whatever the delay is it will serve to make the show better in the end.
I don't know if there's any sign of delays at all. Most anime get revealed only a couple of months before they air - Dokidoki Precure, for example was announced at the end of November 2012, and it premiered at the beginning of February. If we assume that Sailor Moon 2013 is supposed to air in early July, the same schedule woud mean we would start getting more news about it in late April. By the way, has Toei been confirmed as the production studio yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
And figure out what they want to do with Sailor V in story before Venus joins the rest of them.
Outside of flashbacks and Usagi's fangirlism, they'll probably ignore Sailor V. Its story fits into a really weird spot where there's no good way of making any anime about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
There is no chance that it will become vaporware, but there have been other reboots with disastrous ratings that had to be shelved earlier than expected. So this can be a mere 12 episodes if the productions costs are higher than the revenue they get from the show (be it trough publicity or BD sales).
Sailor Moon is one of Kodansha's most important properties, so they're not going to be shy about showering it with money. In terms of resources, it should be getting the same kind of treatment that Saint Seiya Omega gets. A one-cour Sailor Moon remake isn't in the books at all. Also, ratings and BD sales aren't going to be nearly as important as for other shows because Kodansha is looking for worldwide exposure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This suddenly sounds like the Persona 3 Movie where they announced it too early and have no updates to show.
Isn't that completely normal for movies though?
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 11:53   Link #694
totoum
Backstop
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
I just think if we get nothing at the end of the week at Anime Content Expo it might indeed be delayed since those type of events are used in part to promote upcoming titles.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 18:01   Link #695
hinode
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I don't know if there's any sign of delays at all. Most anime get revealed only a couple of months before they air - Dokidoki Precure, for example was announced at the end of November 2012, and it premiered at the beginning of February. If we assume that Sailor Moon 2013 is supposed to air in early July, the same schedule woud mean we would start getting more news about it in late April. By the way, has Toei been confirmed as the production studio yet?
Takeuchi's longtime editor Fumio Osano recently tweeted "not decided.delaying" a few days back in response to a fan who asked if the anime was on track for a June/July release. This is the tweet that was referenced earlier in the thread.

I don't see any follow-up tweets from him on the subject, so take that as you will.
hinode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 19:26   Link #696
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
In terms of resources, it should be getting the same kind of treatment that Saint Seiya Omega gets.
Omega doesn't get any resources. The budget they're working with is minimal and it shows. Expect for a few selected episode (usually those directed by Umakoshi), that series generally looks like shit.


I really really hope they're going invest a little more money on Sailor Moon, otherwise it's probably better not to do this reboot at all.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 22:06   Link #697
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinode View Post
Takeuchi's longtime editor Fumio Osano recently tweeted "not decided.delaying" a few days back in response to a fan who asked if the anime was on track for a June/July release. This is the tweet that was referenced earlier in the thread.

I don't see any follow-up tweets from him on the subject, so take that as you will.
That does make it look like they're fairly close to meeting their planned schedule. If it were a huge delay, they wouldn't be so cavalier about it. So it looks like either a Summer or Fall release. Too bad there isn't any more information since I'd like to know who's working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Omega doesn't get any resources. The budget they're working with is minimal and it shows. Expect for a few selected episode (usually those directed by Umakoshi), that series generally looks like shit.


I really really hope they're going invest a little more money on Sailor Moon, otherwise it's probably better not to do this reboot at all.
I don't watch Saint Seiya, but it's gotten four cours already, and I'm not sure how many more cours they're planning to make. This production does not seem like it was lacking in resources. Sure the production might be uneven, but that's only to be expected of any long-running TV anime.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 12:43   Link #698
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 25
Finished Sailor Moon today ...
6 AM in anime and afternoon for the manga.
It's sad i'm not that good in english to explain why i loved this anime/manga and i wait for the new anime ...
I can just show my love with Sailor Galaxia. ^^'
__________________
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 00:36   Link #699
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States
Age: 27
So does anyone know whether or not Sailor Moon was a show at the Anime Contents Expo this year?

I've been looking around but I haven't come across anything yet :/
Rosalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 10:20   Link #700
xizro345
King's Justice
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
AFAIK, they didn't show anything at ACE (otherwise it would be all over the place).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
remake, shoujo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.