AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-27, 04:15   Link #1261
danielevo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
excuse me,, i want to ask how to set picture in my profile picture ??
so if i post something the picture will show under my name.. how to do it ?? thx
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 11:04   Link #1262
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
excuse me,, i want to ask how to set picture in my profile picture ??
so if i post something the picture will show under my name.. how to do it ?? thx
i don't know if this is a serious question or not...
but u go to "USER CP" up top then go to "edit avatar"
__________________
khoa1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 22:41   Link #1263
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Who were the yonkou during Rogers' time or did that only happen after he died?
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 16:19   Link #1264
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So... here's a question that is in general hard to answer in any manga, but do we have an estimate of how long the crew was out at seas pre-timeskip? Granted, this series was going on for 10+ years before the timeskip, which may be a reason why two years can seem relatively small (and said timeskip only took a month reality-wise), but it seems to me that the timeskips were longer than the time actual spent out adventuring.

My personal guess is somewhere between 3-6 months storytime-wise before they hit the 2 year timeskip. Is there any other source/anyone else have an accurate guess?
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 20:02   Link #1265
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
does any one now how many more people will luffy recruit
because i think luffy needs someone with a logia/mythical zoan ability and someone like Jinbei
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 20:22   Link #1266
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
does any one now how many more people will luffy recruit
because i think luffy needs someone with a logia/mythical zoan ability and someone like Jinbei
Well... Luffy HAD said he wanted atleast 10 crew members... it COULD be Jinbei.... but personally... I'd like another female...v
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 15:23   Link #1267
Tetsu Aero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Well, most fans believe that Zoro just met the future tenth Straw Hat member on Dressrosa.
This assumption is based on an early sketch that Oda made in the early stages
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 06:30   Link #1268
Monster0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rochester NY
Why do One Piece fans keep telling me i have to read 500 chapters before i can form an opinion?I can't get passed 50 and had an opinion since the first page.I don't think it would be a good thing to skip to a better point in the Manga,unless there really is nothing to be missed?My opinion now is that if it takes this long to get into it i'm not a fan.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 09:51   Link #1269
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Chances are, those fans are the ones that I like to label as "elitist", and believe that unless you've read the majority of the story you're not allowed to have an opinion. However, it also turns out that there are tons of twists and turns throughout the story, and some arcs are a lot better than others, and it's usually better to have read most of the series before drawing any final conclusions- for instance, the arc just before the current one felt like it was a re-do of a much earlier previous arc, and it was also far far better than that early arc as well.
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 10:05   Link #1270
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
Why do One Piece fans keep telling me i have to read 500 chapters before i can form an opinion?I can't get passed 50 and had an opinion since the first page.I don't think it would be a good thing to skip to a better point in the Manga,unless there really is nothing to be missed?My opinion now is that if it takes this long to get into it i'm not a fan.
An appropriate reasoning would be because One Piece is a manga that is 15 years old and since you've just picked it up, you are judging it with a contemporary perspective and it would be unfair to the manga. Sure anyone can have an opinion but it doesn't mean what you say is justified.

And those who suggest you read 500 chapters are underestimating One Piece, I reckon anyone who can't continue after 50 just aren't ready for the greatest adventure of their life yet. You can come back to read One Piece any other time when you are ready.

One Piece also isn't really starving for fans since its the greatest selling manga in history, so its ok if you aren't a fan.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 17:24   Link #1271
Monster0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rochester NY
Hey it's cool.But i never thought i had a contemporary perspective,my last Manga i read before recently was The Guyver.

Another thing that seems to be a cliche' about One Piece,and from those whom deem to hate it,is that they don't like the art. For me it was the original art style that got me to ask about it,oh well .
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 11:48   Link #1272
solidguy
I'm not a tumor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the dreams of beautiful women
Age: 22
would eneru and admiral kizaru's devil fruits have a similar relationship to ace and akainu's...and which one would be stronger?
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 06:13   Link #1273
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I don't expect anyone to answers this but if you can that would be great: Does anyone know what episodes Boa Hancock appears in as a child?
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 09:19   Link #1274
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
Was it ever mentioned, what will happen when Brook is exposed to Seastone?
He is living solely because of his DF. If this power were nullified, shouldn't he die immediately?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 11:22   Link #1275
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Was it ever mentioned, what will happen when Brook is exposed to Seastone?
He is living solely because of his DF. If this power were nullified, shouldn't he die immediately?
Probably nothing, as his fruit gave him the ability to return to life once, which already happened. Furthermore, he was knee-deep in seawater, which did nothing to him.
But he will lose his soul derived abilities most likely...

Last edited by ri0; 2013-11-22 at 11:36.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 04:18   Link #1276
solidguy
I'm not a tumor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the dreams of beautiful women
Age: 22
Spoiler:
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 20:59   Link #1277
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I would appreciate a quick reminder. Jimbei said that he can't join the straw hats just yet, because there's something he still has to take care of first. I feel like we already know what that is, or that it's been at least hinted at, but I seem to have forgotten. Could anyone help me out?
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 06:29   Link #1278
Hidfe
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I would appreciate a quick reminder. Jimbei said that he can't join the straw hats just yet, because there's something he still has to take care of first. I feel like we already know what that is, or that it's been at least hinted at, but I seem to have forgotten. Could anyone help me out?
Jimbei(and his crew) joined the crew of Big Mom in order to keep Fishman Island safe. So Jimbei cannot join the Strawhats as long as Big Mom isn't defeated.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 11:53   Link #1279
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post
Jimbei(and his crew) joined the crew of Big Mom in order to keep Fishman Island safe. So Jimbei cannot join the Strawhats as long as Big Mom isn't defeated.
What? I seriously must have missed somthing. Jinbei seems to be quite honorful so this would seem a bit out of character. Is this just speculation, or was this actually in the manga?
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 13:46   Link #1280
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I figured he would do something related to Big Mom, but join her? Are you sure?
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.