AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-06, 10:38   Link #21
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Spoiler for ch13:
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 02:10   Link #22
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Spoiler for c14:
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 23:31   Link #23
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Spoiler for ch15:
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 13:55   Link #24
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Spoiler for c16:
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 14:59   Link #25
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I wish it would also focus more on the students,especially the trap
I think people have to be careful in this regard, otherwise it could devolve into almost filler-ish content. There has to be a balance of using the main storyline as a means of character development, like say with the second prince recently, rather then focusing solely on the students. A good example would be the new rail-way president, versus a bad example of say frauleins chapter in 14 which I thought was rather weak and side-offish
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 15:40   Link #26
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I think people have to be careful in this regard, otherwise it could devolve into almost filler-ish content. There has to be a balance of using the main storyline as a means of character development, like say with the second prince recently, rather then focusing solely on the students. A good example would be the new rail-way president, versus a bad example of say frauleins chapter in 14 which I thought was rather weak and side-offish
I wouldn't want them to have full-focus, Baltzar and his political troubles are interesting. Maybe some little extras with them.

I hope the translators release a new chapter... I miss the manga.
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 10:06   Link #27
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Hm, wow, I just discovered this manga -- and I LOVE it!
__________________
Nyaaaan~~
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 10:10   Link #28
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
And new chapter came out today, it doesn't realy looks good. Enemy has BOTH great numbers and skilled commander.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-02-07 at 10:26.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 10:16   Link #29
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
No kidding. Looks like Holbeck has Naval support, a larger number of troops and cavalry.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 19:41   Link #30
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
No kidding. Looks like Holbeck has Naval support, a larger number of troops and cavalry.
Not surprising.Holbeck=Denmark and Holstein. Weissen=Prussia. Prussia doesn't really have a proper navy until the German reunification.Difference is that Holbeck seems to be much more powerful than Denmark ever was in real life.
Moe Connection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 20:03   Link #31
reashot
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jakarta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Not surprising.Holbeck=Denmark and Holstein. Weissen=Prussia. Prussia doesn't really have a proper navy until the German reunification.Difference is that Holbeck seems to be much more powerful than Denmark ever was in real life.
I though Holbeck's Swedish. Cause 7 years ago Weissen just acquire a country that is located eerily similar as the one located on the Juttland Peninsula.
reashot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 20:10   Link #32
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by reashot View Post
I though Holbeck's Swedish. Cause 7 years ago Weissen just acquire a country that is located eerily similar as the one located on the Juttland Peninsula.
Historically, the country that Prussia fought against and had trouble with it's navy was Denmark.Besides that, the country that Prussia took territory from was Denmark. Prussia took Holstein,Schleswig and some other parts of the Jutland Peninsula I think.Furthermore, the entirety of Jutland belonged to Denmark back then.
Moe Connection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 20:46   Link #33
reashot
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jakarta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Historically, the country that Prussia fought against and had trouble with it's navy was Denmark.Besides that, the country that Prussia took territory from was Denmark. Prussia took Holstein,Schleswig and some other parts of the Jutland Peninsula I think.Furthermore, the entirety of Jutland belonged to Denmark back then.
Denmark's portrayed as the Norden-Trade principality in the manga. Before the war they were part of the Swedish/Holbeck empire in there. Then there's a civil war for independence, Weissen intervene & Norden-Trade got their "independence." Weissen gain access to the northern sea trade route.
reashot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 20:57   Link #34
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by reashot View Post
Denmark's portrayed as the Norden-Trade principality in the manga. Before the war they were part of the Swedish/Holbeck empire in there. Then there's a civil war for independence, Weissen intervene & Norden-Trade got their "independence." Weissen gain access to the northern sea trade route.
I imagined Norden-Trade would be Holstein-Schleswig here then. Holstein-Schleswig was a mostly German area ruled by Denmark.In real life, Holstein-Schleswig pretty much declared independence against Denmark and received Prussian intervention, but they lost the first war anyone.
Moe Connection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 02:40   Link #35
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Guys, we have told you plenty of times that linking to any scanlation site is not allowed here. Likewise, hotlinking to said sites is also not allowed.

I must also ask you not to upload a manga page each time you post. This is not an image thread, nor is there a need to post a manga page to get your point across each time.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 13:32   Link #36
reashot
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jakarta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Guys, we have told you plenty of times that linking to any scanlation site is not allowed here. Likewise, hotlinking to said sites is also not allowed.

I must also ask you not to upload a manga page each time you post. This is not an image thread, nor is there a need to post a manga page to get your point across each time.
Will do. I will be more mindful in the future. One problem is this manga genre almost requires the need of some sort of a "Visual aid" in order to truly understand some of the stuffs in it. It's not like other genre where they play footloose with reality this manga is grounded in reality.

Can I still post some other pictures from other site or alter any image in the manga in someway?


Like using pictures of this Coastal cannon to be used as comparison as the one in the manga?

Last edited by reashot; 2014-02-09 at 13:47.
reashot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 01:02   Link #37
cupumanager
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
MrTerrorist,
Isn't Gunka no Baltzar is more of an Fantastic Counterpart of The German Reunification in Mid-19th century than Napoleonic Early 19th century? So its more Victorian rather than Napoleonic...
Baltzar himself, when he saw Baselland's Napoleonic Tactics, pretty much comments that Its something like his Grandfather would use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reashot View Post
Can I alter any image in the manga in someway?
Yeah, I'm wondering about his as well... we need something from the manga itself to compare with. Is it permitted?

Well, have we seen the Kanzler of Weißen yet? Maybe there is some kind of Bismarck character in the government... or will the Chief of Staff fill that position?

Now, about the 20th chapter:
This ...Hauptmann Nielsen of Holbeck Cuirassiers seems have no problems whatsoever at sacrificing Holbeck Marines and Infantry...First he uses The Marines simply as a bait to goad the Weißen Garrison to the cliffs, where Holbeck Navy ships can get clear, unobstructed Line of Fire for an accurate pinpoint bombardment rather than area bombardment. But again, the Weißen Hauptmann isn't too bright to let his men into open ground when there are dozens of Holbeck Warships on the waters...

Looks like the Holbeck army itself are still entrenched in old antiquated mentality, even if it seems that their technology are quite advanced, looking at their Infantry Rifles...Nielsen himself is a Cavalryman that seems enjoying more of Charging home into the enemy, he even seems doing all of this just to set a stage for some Cavalry action ; but this is not isolated to him alone, as even ordinary Holbeck Infantryman are Bayonet-Happy.

Last edited by cupumanager; 2014-02-18 at 01:54.
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 11:57   Link #38
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
^At the time i made this thread, i assume the manga was set during the Napoleon era until someone told me what was the correct era the manga is set.

Anyway, the thread title has been changed to reflect that.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 13:09   Link #39
Greenish Growth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Technologically speaking, what would their world be the rough equivalent of?

Around our 1850's time period?

What technology are they using that's the oldest and the most advanced if they were in our world?
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 07:35   Link #40
cupumanager
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Yes, about 1850s-1860s.

As shown on the manga itself, they already has things like Railroads, Steam Engine, Telegraph, Steamships, Penny Farthing Bicycles, Mass Steel Production, Machined Tools, Replaceable Parts, Photographic Camera...

The Advanced Weaponry of the age were:
-Bolt-Action Breechloader Rifle
The newest Weißen Rifles. However, the rifles depicted in-manga were Mauser 1898(5 shot magazine, Smokeless Powder Brass Cartridge) rather than Dreyse M1841 (Single Shot, Black Powder Paper Cartridge) that real-life Preußen Army should use.
-Revolver Pistol
Baltzar himself have atleast 2, used when rescuing in the cellar. The Weißen Commander in the village also use one.
-Breechloader Rifled Cannon
The cannon inside the railway yard; The Cannon inside Prince Reiner secret room; Weißen Coastal Defense Cannons.
-Lever-Action Breechloader Rifle
Used by Weißen Chief of Staff when hunting boar.
-Mitrailleuse Volley Gun
The Gun that Baltzar said, the technology stolen from a certain neighboring country (In real life, France)

And the weaponry that considered old and antiquated are mostly what we see used by Baselland...
-Flintlock Musket
Baselland Standard Infantry weapon in the early part of the manga.
-Smoothbore Cannon
The Cannon used by Baselland Artillery Corps.

Last edited by cupumanager; 2014-02-19 at 08:03.
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
historical, military, military school

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.