AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-04-06, 15:53   Link #13201
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You should apply for a job at the CIA or NSA. You will make a great spy in North Korea; and you can call yourself the MiniBond after deposing the ruling elite with an engineered subprime crisis.
I will apply for it after grad school, I actually would love to get a job from those agency.
Old 2013-04-06, 15:53   Link #13202
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:

Plastic surgery?

And go to bed already. It is 4.30am - keep it up and the abovementioned can't even remedy your looks.
Worry about yourself, I had four hours of sleep already and this was my toilet break before two hours more...

Yet, you're still in the same place as where I had left you (=_=)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 15:57   Link #13203
Sumeragi
Banned

*Wipes her nosebleed using the shirts of S-chan and C-Kun*

Oreimo will probably be the death of me at this rate.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 16:00   Link #13204
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*Wipes her nosebleed using the shirts of S-chan and C-Kun*

Oreimo will probably be the death of me at this rate.
did i miss a context
Old 2013-04-06, 16:11   Link #13205
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
did i miss a context
I still have mine on if that's what you're wondering... only now it has essence of Hime all over it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 16:25   Link #13206
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I still have mine on if that's what you're wondering... only now it has essence of Hime all over it.
so she teleport for canada to SG to see you guy sniff yours cloths

okay
Old 2013-04-06, 22:36   Link #13207
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Sumeragi's pretty tall.

Filipinos are pretty short, so I'm probably doomed.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 06:12   Link #13208
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire

I was prone to staying up late and being a juvenile shithead in general so I barely made it to 170cm :<
Old 2013-04-07, 10:30   Link #13209
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
I was prone to staying up late and being a juvenile shithead in general so I barely made it to 170cm :<
I'm basically there as well .. my whole family isn't tall so there was little hope for me. Then again I had the same habits as you as well as visiting the gym frequently during highschool so who knows if that stunts your growth.. Being able to bench 225lb when weighing 140lbs at the age of 16 is kinda ..
Old 2013-04-07, 11:12   Link #13210
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
I'm basically there as well .. my whole family isn't tall so there was little hope for me. Then again I had the same habits as you as well as visiting the gym frequently during highschool so who knows if that stunts your growth.. Being able to bench 225lb when weighing 140lbs at the age of 16 is kinda ..
It doesn't, my best friend from school and I lifted all the time since we were 14 and he's 6'6. (we also used to stay up till 4 AM playing Guild Wars, Counter Strike, and WoW... I think I'm still catching up on lost sleep 6-8 years later...)

Nice bench for your size, though. Probably around proportional to my strength at that age. I put up 325 lbs at 16, but that was in a competition and I weighed 210 at the time (slimmed down to 175 now, but still make time to lift at least three times a week despite my work schedule... My favorite is deadlifts.) I'm 5'9 myself, so not particularly tall either, though not really short.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 11:14   Link #13211
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire

I wasn't into gym. I've been more of a martial arts/sports guy.
Old 2013-04-07, 11:36   Link #13212
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
I wasn't into gym. I've been more of a martial arts/sports guy.
I actually started it to prepare for other sports (and cuz I wanted to be a Super Saiyajin , don't judge me I was like 13-14 when I had this mentality ), but fell in love with lifting for its own sake along the way. Though I've been saying to my brother, I'd like to do some kind of amateur wrestling (Grecco-Roman) league on weekends, if such a thing exists. That was one of my favorites in high school.
Old 2013-04-07, 11:48   Link #13213
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I actually started it to prepare for other sports (and cuz I wanted to be a Super Saiyajin , don't judge me I was like 13-14 when I had this mentality ), but fell in love with lifting for its own sake along the way. Though I've been saying to my brother, I'd like to do some kind of amateur wrestling (Grecco-Roman) league on weekends, if such a thing exists. That was one of my favorites in high school.
How about you try this ?
Old 2013-04-07, 12:48   Link #13214
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Actually I still don't get the idea of going to the gym. I still prefer the outdoors walking everywhere I want with a heavy bag.

I always thought a good body is one that is adapted to the elements, not trained to adapt to any element. There is a joke a cousin of mine once told me : a schoolmate trying to date her, an avid gym goer, was a victim of snatch theft and couldn't catch the thief. Simply because he has too much muscle mass and was not agile enough while the thief was almost a parkour enthusiast. THe schoolmate trained in every aspect of strength and agility but is still no match for a streetwise ruffian.

Though if he caught the thief the latter would have been nothing more than a sack of crushed bones.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 12:54   Link #13215
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
You know... I feel kind of bad I've been here for so long, yet have never posted a photo. I know at some point someone here has thought "what does he look like?" If everyone keeps posting one I might implode and give in. So stop posting pics so I won't feel bad
Quote:
Actually I still don't get the idea of going to the gym. I still prefer the outdoors walking everywhere I want with a heavy bag.

I always thought a good body is one that is adapted to the elements, not trained to adapt to any element. There is a joke a cousin of mine once told me : a schoolmate trying to date her, an avid gym goer, was a victim of snatch theft and couldn't catch the thief. Simply because he has too much muscle mass and was not agile enough while the thief was almost a parkour enthusiast. THe schoolmate trained in every aspect of strength and agility but is still no match for a streetwise ruffian.

Though if he caught the thief the latter would have been nothing more than a sack of crushed bones.
lol, if that avid gym goer was smart, he'd have thrown a rock at the thief. Seriously, if speed isn't one's finer points, might as well adapt

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 18:22   Link #13216
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
How about you try this ?
Haha, never heard of that before. How interesting. I don't know how popular that is around here.

Quote:

There's such a thing called 'functional training,' to be the strongest, to use the most power, etc, that is completely different from bodybuilding just to have big muscles. There's a reason olympic athletes do weight training nowadays. Assuming equal skill, the stronger athlete usually prevails, especially in an event like sprinting. Suffices to say, hypertrophy training (making yourself "bigger") isn't the only way one can weight train.
Old 2013-04-07, 18:39   Link #13217
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

When I use to live in Korea, I did lot of hiking. I didn't exercise much as a kid, so this was my only mean and favorite method of exercising. I can't run a treadmill since there is no visible goal, but mountain hiking has a clear objective. Going to the top, or at least near the top, is always so nice. Eating ramen up there was one of my best memory. God I miss mountains...
Old 2013-04-07, 19:28   Link #13218
DorkingtonPugsly

I got a weird tea bag. It's not amazing, it's not anything but I took a photo of it regardless.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I also started drawing beards on pictures of myself. Just because I'll never be able to grow one, but I like to imagine having my ideal beard.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-07, 19:56   Link #13219
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I tower over all you guys. Chibis.
I bet I'm taller than you. I'm 6"5
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 23:00   Link #13220
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
When I use to live in Korea, I did lot of hiking. I didn't exercise much as a kid, so this was my only mean and favorite method of exercising. I can't run a treadmill since there is no visible goal, but mountain hiking has a clear objective. Going to the top, or at least near the top, is always so nice. Eating ramen up there was one of my best memory. God I miss mountains...
Same. I love hiking mountains, although the ones here are very short.

I wanted to go Kota Kinabalu someday for that.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photo