AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Old 2013-04-05, 13:11   Link #141
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Probabilities
I would agree with you if there were not so many powerful individuals in the area. Hopefully he brought another Black Beard Crew with him. That would have be smart especially for going after the fruit.
You're assuming that many of these guys will be powerful players when that's really unknown at the moment. Let's wait and see their capabilities as fighters.
Old 2013-04-05, 13:27   Link #142
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drriton View Post
than Luffy will decide to do the same
...You want Luffy to try to eat the mera mera fruit and explode? It's been established that's what happens when you eat a second devil fruit.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:17   Link #143
marvelB

Quote:
Probabilities
I would agree with you if there were not so many powerful individuals in the area. Hopefully he brought another Black Beard Crew with him. That would have be smart especially for going after the fruit.

Yeah sorry Grey, but I'm with BDK on this one. While I agree that there could be a lot of monsters this arc, there's no way the plot is going to escalate to Marineford levels so soon. If anything, I'd say the Sabaody comparison I made earlier is much more legit (introduction of a bunch of powerful new pirates, they raise hell, eventually have an admiral (Fujitora) coming down on their asses, etc.). I mean, it's not even guaranteed that Blackbeard is at Dressrosa. The whole separate ship/division thing could imply that Burgess entered the tournament of his own volition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
...You want Luffy to try to eat the mera mera fruit and explode? It's been established that's what happens when you eat a second devil fruit.

Forget it, Dengar..... reasoning won't work on the delusional ones. Lord knows I've tried to make similar arguments myself, but a fat lot of good THAT did. You'll just be met with echoes of "But that's conjecture!! It hasn't been proven onscreen that 2 DFs have that effect on people!!!".....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 15:05   Link #144
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Forget it, Dengar..... reasoning won't work on the delusional ones. Lord knows I've tried to make similar arguments myself, but a fat lot of good THAT did. You'll just be met with echoes of "But that's conjecture!! It hasn't been proven onscreen that 2 DFs have that effect on people!!!".....
I suppose... Even though the author said so, even though no one has ever eaten a second devil fruit on screen, people will always want to break the world's rules.
Old 2013-04-05, 16:09   Link #145
Drriton
Naruto D. Uchia

I always asked myself why Luffy was covered in flames in Madam Sharleys previson and since the moment i saw ace's fruit in Donflamingos hand i can't think anything other than Luffy having that fruit and one of Burgess roles here could be telling Luffy that his captain has the power of two DF and than the real party starts and Donflamingo is predicting Luffy to be the one in the end fighting Diamante .
Drriton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 16:19   Link #146
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

His haki-enhanced Gear 2nd attacks already sometimes make him catch on fire.

Not to mention, how would Luffy have a second DF power? He doesn't have Teach's hax powers.

Besides, why would Luffy not know about his two powers? This is common knowledge. Also, he was there.
Old 2013-04-05, 16:32   Link #147
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Since BB has been collecting rare DFs it wouldn't be a stretch to say Jesus probs ate one. Also, im sure the armour on his arm weighs way more than Luffy's full body armour
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 17:11   Link #148
Tsukou

Quote:
But it hasn't been proven onscreen, the example we have is what Jabra said, where it showed actual little devils fight then explode in the stomach, lol. And then we also have the only example of someone trying to get two, Blackbeard, who somehow managed to control two, and we have no idea how, aside from his body is "different".

I'm not saying Luffy's going to be eating the Mera Mera, but it would be kind of cool, we've all ready seen he has his fire fist homage tho, so if by some miracle he managed to absorb the Mera Mera as well, I'm not going to lie, would make me kind of giddy.

And honestly, I don't think Burgess is stronger than Luffy. But I guess we'll see how this plays out.
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 17:13   Link #149
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Besides, why would Luffy not know about his two powers? This is common knowledge. Also, he was there.
Luffy was unconscious when BB took WB's DF.

I'm thinking there will be a connection to Kinemon and the Mera Mer no mi somehow.
Since he can cut fire and all.
Which could maybe lead him to teaching Zoro how to cut fire, which could lead to a BB crew getting their hands on the DF after all.

Cavendish looks like he'll be fun watch, can honestly say can't wait to see him show up in the anime

And ofc Rebecca
Old 2013-04-05, 17:21   Link #150
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

.... Okay, let me state this for the record.

Teach does not have two fruits. He has two abilities. They are not synonymous.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:22   Link #151
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
But it hasn't been proven onscreen, the example we have is what Jabra said, where it showed actual little devils fight then explode in the stomach, lol.

Yes, but remember that Blueno told him shortly afterwards that WG scientists studied the effects of two fruit powers in a single body (which yes, would cause the user to explode). And seeing as the people who had the fruit conversation were top-secret government agents, I think I'd put more faith in the author's words here, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
And then we also have the only example of someone trying to get two, Blackbeard, who somehow managed to control two, and we have no idea how, aside from his body is "different".

But Blackbeard's "unique" body is EXACTLY what makes him the exception to the rule. Plus, we've actually had prior foreshadowing of his abnormal body during his fight with Ace, where he points out that Teach was living "double the life of a person" (a line which many of us misinterpreted (myself included) at the time, thinking that Ace was referring to Teach's age). However, Aohige clarified the issue behind this line a while back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I have said this again and again.

When Ace said that sentence, it was not structured normally.
It was oddly strengthend "living double the life of a person", and not "me".

Again, I stress, it was NOT WORDED NORMALLY, strongly implying something abnormal.
This has been a long speculation in Japanese community of what it meant, and furthermore, One Piece Green book confirmed truth about Teach's abnormality lies in this phrase.

I have been saying this for years, arguing that translators, who do not catch the small nuances of Japanese laguage, have mistranslated this line making assumption like yours.
In a few years, you will all come back to me and I will cry yet another "I TOLD YOU SO" rant. Again.

Suffice to say, unless the New World is crawling with Blackbeard clones, I very much doubt we'll be seeing many other people who have more than one DF ability.
Old 2013-04-05, 20:48   Link #152
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

doubt Rebecca will join SHP, she gave the same vibes as Vivi

she might tag along during Dofla related arc/saga (I hope Cavendish too since he is such a lol and couldn't wait for him to meet Sanji, Robin and Nami)

but I couldn't see anything beyond that...at least for now
Old 2013-04-05, 23:15   Link #153
james0246

I still think Luffy's Strawhat shoukd get the fruit. Combining one memento with another sounds fun, especially if the hat can gain a personality...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 23:20   Link #154
grey_1960
Detective Kate Beckett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You're assuming that many of these guys will be powerful players when that's really unknown at the moment. Let's wait and see their capabilities as fighters.
Players
My assumption is also based on the ones we know has well. Daflamingo and his gang, Luffy, Zoro, and Fujitori are pretty good start. They are in the area.

Quote:
Yeah sorry Grey, but I'm with BDK on this one. While I agree that there could be a lot of monsters this arc, there's no way the plot is going to escalate to Marineford levels so soon. If anything, I'd say the Sabaody comparison I made earlier is much more legit (introduction of a bunch of powerful new pirates, they raise hell, eventually have an admiral (Fujitora) coming down on their asses, etc.). I mean, it's not even guaranteed that Blackbeard is at Dressrosa. The whole separate ship/division thing could imply that Burgess entered the tournament of his own volition.
History repeating?
Right now the ingredients for a repeat in history is here. Ace being brought in by Black Beard is what started Marine Ford between White Beard and the Marines. Right now the same is here too(If Black Beard cares about his crew). Jesus Burgess is First Fleet Captain in Black Beards crew, Black Beard is a Yonkou. If Luffy or someone defeats Jesus Burgess, will someone collect on him? Fujitori is in the stands listening. It could happen.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-04-05 at 23:30.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 00:52   Link #155
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Players
My assumption is also based on the ones we know has well. Daflamingo and his gang, Luffy, Zoro, and Fujitori are pretty good start. They are in the area.

History repeating?
Right now the ingredients for a repeat in history is here. Ace being brought in by Black Beard is what started Marine Ford between White Beard and the Marines. Right now the same is here too(If Black Beard cares about his crew). Jesus Burgess is First Fleet Captain in Black Beards crew, Black Beard is a Yonkou. If Luffy or someone defeats Jesus Burgess, will someone collect on him? Fujitori is in the stands listening. It could happen.
We don't even know if the blind guy is Fujitora or even related to the marines.
I don't see Oda making a repeat of the Marinford War arc using Jesus and BB...the plot has moved from there and just repeating this kinda of plot is kind of weak and uninteresting writing which I don't see Oda doing.

Plus...after the whole mess with WB, the marines would probably handle things differently. They "won" the war but it was incredibly costly...and the world didn't blow up from WB rage because BB showed up and messed things up a bit.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 07:37   Link #156
grey_1960
Detective Kate Beckett

^
We may not know who the Blind Man is, but we do know he is strong. Second Fleet Admiral Akainu did send someone to handle the issue, so the marines are involved. Third, you would be amazed how often history repeats itself. It can still be interesting. White Beard had the support of Shanks when he went to War. How would Black Beard handle it if he had to? Also Akainu is the one in charge, what would he do if he had one of Black Beards men? Besides Black Beard the war with White Beard was considered a success for the Marines. Why not try it again and lure Black Beard out. Kaidou tried attacking White Beard before the war. Maybe they can get another Yonkou to do the job for them. Ultimately confrontation with a Yonkou will be unavoidable. The question is, when is the right time?

After Math
The mess with White Beard does not seem to affect them much, they moved their HQ into the New World. That is right in the Yonkou's back yard.

To everyone
Hey sorry for the long responses I am right now traveling for work, so internet connection will depend on the hotel itself and the time. If i don't respond it not because I am ignoring anybody. I will be doing this for the next four months.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 02:08   Link #157
The Small One

I think it's interessting, that a lot of you are expecting a lot of strong fighters.
Personally I think that nearly all of the characters are fodder, except for maybe the fighters Doflamingo set up and BB's man.

It's actually surprising in the first place, that one of BB's crew is there to take part in the tournament: The whole thing, and its price was just set up in the morning, and it's probably only about noon (maybe afternoon). So basically everyone who is there to participate, was on the island anyways.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 05:00   Link #158
JoaoDias571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drriton View Post
I always asked myself why Luffy was covered in flames in Madam Sharleys previson and since the moment i saw ace's fruit in Donflamingos hand i can't think anything other than Luffy having that fruit and one of Burgess roles here could be telling Luffy that his captain has the power of two DF and than the real party starts and Donflamingo is predicting Luffy to be the one in the end fighting Diamante .
Luffy was covered in flames in Madam Sharley's prevision because of the Red Hawk not because of the mera mera fruit.
I think the more probably situation is the joining of a new nakama, maybe Rebecca.
JoaoDias571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 21:32   Link #159
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think it's interessting, that a lot of you are expecting a lot of strong fighters.
Personally I think that nearly all of the characters are fodder, except for maybe the fighters Doflamingo set up and BB's man.

On normal circumstances I'd probably agree with you on this, but it's definitely implied that some of the new players introduced here will have some more relevance to this arc beyond being tourney fodder. For instance, I very much doubt that Cavendish would have gotten as much screentime as he did if he were a small fry (unlike most of the other guys, who only got a panel or two for THEIR intros). Same goes for Rebecca, of course (and even if she's weak, she'll probably end up becoming Luffy's friend anyways).

Like I said before, this could potentially be like the New World's take on the Sabaody arc, though admittedly I doubt we'll be introduced to as many new pirates this time around (and I sure as heck don't see this arc becoming the next Marineford. Not THIS soon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It's actually surprising in the first place, that one of BB's crew is there to take part in the tournament: The whole thing, and its price was just set up in the morning, and it's probably only about noon (maybe afternoon). So basically everyone who is there to participate, was on the island anyways.

Well, I think it was pretty clear that tournaments were a regular thing at Dressrosa in the first place. That being said, it just so happened that the right people participated at the right time for the chance to win the right prize.
Old 2013-04-08, 06:53   Link #160
Drriton
Naruto D. Uchia

How can he have two abilities without eating the second fruit why did he wait Whitebeard to die or when he can use the abilities of other DF users why didn't he use Ace's ability and if he didn't eat Whitebeards DF do you think that someone will find that Fruit and eat it and than we see 2 people with Whitebeards ability ?
Drriton is offline   Reply With Quote