AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-07, 16:31   Link #2141
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Why the need to extend this with more questions? Am I not clear enough for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
Where did the assumption about 4 episode per novel come from?
Pages ago when talking about original ending for the anime. Most anime adaptations from novels use 4 episodes as the minimal for a volume and those who use 3 or below end being rushed or horribly adaptated or changing facts from the original source like Campione's final for the anime.

Quote:
Why are you assuming that the pacing will stay consistent?
Why not? The anime is consistent so far.

Quote:
Also, what was up with your statement up there regarding "ending with 3 volumes as planned"? I think you're getting yourself confused with your own assumptions, to be honest.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 16:54   Link #2142
Marly
>AS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Why the need to extend this with more questions? Am I not clear enough for you?
Yes, you're not making much sense. The entirety of your argument comes from an assumption that's based on your previous experiences with works from completely different directors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Pages ago when talking about original ending for the anime. Most anime adaptations from novels use 4 episodes as the minimal for a volume and those who use 3 or below end being rushed or horribly adaptated or changing facts from the original source like Campione's final for the anime.
I was asking for a concrete proof, not for anecdotal generalizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Why not? The anime is consistent so far.
You're judging the pacing of the series from 2 episodes, (possibly 1 if you didn't watch the stream) and it's not even the entirety of volume 1.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 17:16   Link #2143
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
Yes, you're not making much sense. The entirety of your argument comes from an assumption that's based on your previous experiences with works from completely different directors.
Experience has a value on itself. And the director is part of team which just happens to have the scriptwriter who worked on Hidan no Aria, a series I painfully watched on anime version.

Quote:
I was asking for a concrete proof, not for anecdotal generalizations.
The scripwriter, there you have. 3 novels for one season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
You're judging the pacing of the series from 2 episodes, (possibly 1 if you didn't watch the stream) and it's not even the entirety of volume 1.
You can find the second episode anywhere to watch if you want. The anime left the second episode at the start of chapter 4.

Still the third episode decides if the anime will keep its pace or it will adapt Chapter 4, 5 and prologue in one episode.

If the do, they'll have to cut some dialogues and the pacing will feel very fast.

Imo, it'll be good if next episode ends with Shidou being shot that would be good cliffhanger for next week episode(the 4th).
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 17:27   Link #2144
Marly
>AS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Experience has a value on itself. And the director is part of team which just happens to have the scriptwriter who worked on Hidan no Aria, a series I painfully watched on anime version.
Hidan no Aria was garbage, yes- Though pacing was only one of many, many problems present in that series. Also, I wasn't aware that a director and a scriptwriter worked in teams. How do you know this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You can find the second episode anywhere to watch it you want. The anime left the second episode at the start of chapter 4. Still the third episode decides it the anime will keep its pace or it will adapt Chapter 4, 5 and prologue in one episode.
If the do, they'll have to cut some dialogues and the pacing will feel very fast.
I'd rather not watch the show in a Nico stream quality because that's not very kind to my eyes, but I'll take your word for it. I'm of the opinion that the first volume would actually be less rushed than the following volumes due to world building and all, so I wouldn't judge the pacing of the series just from the very first arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Imo, it'll be good if next episode ends with Shidou being shot that would be good cliffhanger for next week episode(the 4th).
The problem with that is that the resolution after that little segment is quite short and doesn't really warrant an episode all by itself. (And it would be awkward to include parts of volume 2 in the same episode)
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 20:17   Link #2145
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
Hidan no Aria was garbage, yes- Though pacing was only one of many, many problems present in that series. Also, I wasn't aware that a director and a scriptwriter worked in teams. How do you know this?



I'd rather not watch the show in a Nico stream quality because that's not very kind to my eyes, but I'll take your word for it. I'm of the opinion that the first volume would actually be less rushed than the following volumes due to world building and all, so I wouldn't judge the pacing of the series just from the very first arc.



The problem with that is that the resolution after that little segment is quite short and doesn't really warrant an episode all by itself. (And it would be awkward to include parts of volume 2 in the same episode)
maybe they can extend the duration of Tohka's date
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 22:43   Link #2146
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I think they can finish Tohka's arc with the next episode. You do see part of the moment right before their kiss in the preview shown in the nico broadcast. And they certainly can: it's just the date, the brief battle, and then the resolution. It feels like it'll fit nicely into one anime episode. Draw out the date and the episode might feel too long.

It's like how they omitted all those little dialogue moments, such as when Tohka almost shoots a student, or she thinks those old ladies are out to kill her---and instead just went with Shidou asking her to change her clothes. Those small moments aren't important, and if you imagine the scene with those jokes kept then the whole thing feels uncomfortable stretched out.

That sort of normal scene progression -> JOKE -> Tsukkomi -> back to nor -> Boke -> Tsukkomi sort of rapid-fire gag delivery belongs to a series that's focused on that kind of humor, like Seizon. Date A Live is not that kind of story, so that sort of joke scene might feel unnatural when animated, where viewer attention can be measured in seconds.
__________________
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 04:22   Link #2147
endarion88
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gensokio
Age: 26
i think is possible for the anime to end at initial chapters of vol 4 ending whit kotori sayng:

“Then, we just have to reseal it again.”

“R, reseal......? How?”

“It’s simple.”

Saying that, Kotori took out the Chupa Chups from her mouth, pointing it at Shidou.

“——Please, make me fall for you.”

then you have your happy ending theme
__________________

if you love jrpg support progect phoenix! http://projectphoenix.info/
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 04:25   Link #2148
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
I just thought about it seeing episode 2 and Tohka talking about how she comes on earth but ...

The first spacequake was done there's 30 years, weirdly when I thought about the spirit that did it, the image that popped was the one of a teenage girl, but if it happened 30years ago, she would be quite older now so ... Do spirit age anyway?
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 06:55   Link #2149
Algester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I just thought about it seeing episode 2 and Tohka talking about how she comes on earth but ...

The first spacequake was done there's 30 years, weirdly when I thought about the spirit that did it, the image that popped was the one of a teenage girl, but if it happened 30years ago, she would be quite older now so ... Do spirit age anyway?
Spirits dont age... if we consider Kurumi still looked the same way back then?...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 09:01   Link #2150
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I think they can finish Tohka's arc with the next episode. You do see part of the moment right before their kiss in the preview shown in the nico broadcast. And they certainly can: it's just the date, the brief battle, and then the resolution. It feels like it'll fit nicely into one anime episode. Draw out the date and the episode might feel too long.

It's like how they omitted all those little dialogue moments, such as when Tohka almost shoots a student, or she thinks those old ladies are out to kill her---and instead just went with Shidou asking her to change her clothes. Those small moments aren't important, and if you imagine the scene with those jokes kept then the whole thing feels uncomfortable stretched out.

That sort of normal scene progression -> JOKE -> Tsukkomi -> back to nor -> Boke -> Tsukkomi sort of rapid-fire gag delivery belongs to a series that's focused on that kind of humor, like Seizon. Date A Live is not that kind of story, so that sort of joke scene might feel unnatural when animated, where viewer attention can be measured in seconds.
They change all that from those to Shidou showing a picture of Origami in a school uniform and Tohka reaping it in half. However they didn't shorten the duration of changing (it feels like it was extended for fan service (damn pervs))
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 11:06   Link #2151
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 23
I wish rest of the Volume 4 is translated soon...
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 11:29   Link #2152
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
I wish rest of the Volume 4 is translated soon...
I think the anime will end in volume 3 or after the fight with Kurumi. and they will release the rest of volume 4 in a OVA format or special BR episode.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 11:41   Link #2153
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I think the anime will end in volume 3 or after the fight with Kurumi. and they will release the rest of volume 4 in a OVA format or special BR episode.
I agree with you.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 11:46   Link #2154
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I agree with you.
I can already picture it you know
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 12:12   Link #2155
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I can already picture it you know
Yeah... I don't really think they can fit in 4 volumes in 12 episodes unless they make it like Campione...
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 12:22   Link #2156
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Yeah... I don't really think they can fit in 4 volumes in 12 episodes unless they make it like Campione...
OH PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!
And it is 5 volumes + anime original end
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 12:31   Link #2157
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
OH PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!
And it is 5 volumes + anime original end
Practically saying, Campione's quality as an anime sucked...

I will choke myself if Date A Live is rushed in terms of story progress...
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 13:08   Link #2158
Fenrisulfr
The Hobo Swordsman
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia
random question but what if shidou was actually that spirit who killed millions in the past, sry if it was already brought up, I just read someone suggest it and at first lol'd but then stuff starting making sense, it'd make an interesting plot twist xD
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 13:12   Link #2159
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
random question but what if shidou was actually that spirit who killed millions in the past, sry if it was already brought up, I just read someone suggest it and at first lol'd but then stuff starting making sense, it'd make an interesting plot twist xD
If I remember correctly, I am sure that was the 1st Spirit to appear.

And I think this is unconfirmed but the voice who talked to Shidou on Vol 1 is the 1st Spirit and I think she is also the one who who gave Shidou the power to seal Spirits' powers.

Also the fact it seems DEM has captured her or something.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 14:04   Link #2160
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
They're going to use four volumes. Or am I the only one that paid attention to the OP. Whether or not they come with a original end or not depends on several factors. Is the series popular enough? Do fans actually want to see more of DAL? How far has the adapted formated progressed? Fan input and how well the first set of BD sales will dictate what will happen to DAL. Storywise its really up to the scriptwriter. If the scriptwriter has habit of doing a crappy job than you can expect DAL to end up as a train-wreck. They can always tease a second season. But it doesn't mean it'll happen.

DxD didn't intend to get a second season it happened because it was so insanely popular.

Total eclipse was suppose to be 12 eps... fans wanted more so the last half of the series was rushed and felt subpar. I mean seriously... how often do you see someone do a recap ep and release the new OP/ED with three episodes left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Practically saying, Campione's quality as an anime sucked...

I will choke myself if Date A Live is rushed in terms of story progress...
Campione did suck so did Nobuna in that matter. Story progression was freaking horrible. And Campione had a final last boss that didn't exist. Campione would of worked better if they made Ena the antagonist. Would of ended way better. The only benefit i saw in watching Nobuna was the animation.

If they do it well DAL won't be horrible. Each volume focuses on a different girl. So they can practically do 2-3 eps per girl. Bummer. I wanted to see the twins animated. Novel progression isn't far enough to make a second season anyway.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.