AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-04-06, 22:17   Link #2841
Hunter6VI6
AVC818

Talking Blood ties aren't the only way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
... Heck, Ichigo is already a human, a shinigami, a hollow, a Visored, a Fullbringer, a Quincy, and a Shiba, he might as well be part Kuchiki as well.
Well if he plays his cards right with Rukia, he could be.
Old 2013-04-07, 00:56   Link #2842
Langus
Optimus Prime

@quigonkenny - I see what you're sayin'. It just seems "White" has been shown to be pretty damn powerful which suggests he's gotta be based off more than a run of the mill nameless shinigami. Isn't there one Kenpachi still unaccounted for? It could also have been a VC or Captain from the Pendulum Arc that we haven't come across yet.

Not that I necessarily think the two are related, but it also hasn't been shown yet what exactly Aizen "stole" from Matsumoto in her pre-shinigami days. Could be important later. That is, if Kubo hasn't forgotten about it entirely...
Old 2013-04-07, 02:24   Link #2843
The Small One

I don't think it was a high ranking Shinigami. The sudden disappearance of a powerful and well known Shinigami should have led to investigations and I don't think Aizen would take this risk for his first experiment.
And if the person wasn't volunteering in the first place, Aizen and his crew must have fought him first, which is easier with weaker opponents.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 02:59   Link #2844
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

You do remember that he got away with screwing over Hirako and co earlier right? I doubt he feels the risk of one more.
Old 2013-04-07, 11:59   Link #2845
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Logic would suggest it's just the soul of some nameless shinigami unlucky enough to have fallen victim to one of the various "shinigami traps" we know Aizen set up throughout the decades to aid in his experiments. Kaname stated this was the first one made using a shinigami soul, so why waste such a valuable, limited-quantity item as the soul of a high-level shinigami—much less a hougyoku-ed off piece of Aizen's own soul (Voldemort much?)—on what is likely to be an initial throwaway in a quest to perfect the process?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't think it was a high ranking Shinigami. The sudden disappearance of a powerful and well known Shinigami should have led to investigations and I don't think Aizen would take this risk for his first experiment.
And if the person wasn't volunteering in the first place, Aizen and his crew must have fought him first, which is easier with weaker opponents.
guys. this happened after the vizored incident where many captains and vice-captains were hollowified. there is literally no chance that aizen would be experimenting on run-of-the-mill nameless shinigami at this point after already experimenting on captain-class. also, like Langus said, using a nameless shinigami wouldn't result in such a powerful monster

as an aside, check out manga ch 23, pg 18. ichigo does nearly the same thing as masaki and lets the grand fisher pierce him in order to beat him. kind of interesting foreshadowing there
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 14:07   Link #2846
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

For the first time in years, I'm actually looking forward to Bleach again for the plot!
Old 2013-04-07, 14:10   Link #2847
Casshern

I'm gonna guess Kaien despite the plotholes.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 14:47   Link #2848
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I'm gonna guess Kaien despite the plotholes.
you know what, you may be onto something about disregarding the plotholes. i'll go ahead and guess that it's gin's soul. it'd give kubo a reason to bring him back at some point
Old 2013-04-07, 15:30   Link #2849
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
so basically the hollow bit masaki which will turn her into a quincy/vizard which would explain how ichigo gets it. Maybe ishida's family will freak out when she hollofies.
Not quite...IIRC, survivors of Hollow attacks end up passing the DNA down to their unborn children.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 16:51   Link #2850
itachi-san314

^actually i think having a parent being attacked by a hollow is the criteria for being a fullbringer. of course more is going on with ichigo than just that, but it's one of his things' things...
Old 2013-04-07, 18:09   Link #2851
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Rather than DNA, I think it's probably something more like 'life energy' or Reishi. Which would explain his hollow form rather than say horns coming out of his head regularly.
Old 2013-04-07, 23:49   Link #2852
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
^actually i think having a parent being attacked by a hollow is the criteria for being a fullbringer. of course more is going on with ichigo than just that, but it's one of his things' things...
But wasn't this only valid in case the mother got attacked during pregnancy?
I don't really want to re-read the fullbring arc, but I think it was like this. If it really is, then we will probably see another flashback with another hollow-attack on Masaki. Poor girl.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 23:59   Link #2853
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Considering the resemblance between this hollow and Ichigo's hollowfication, I don't think it's likely to be a different one.
Old 2013-04-08, 05:40   Link #2854
Kozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But wasn't this only valid in case the mother got attacked during pregnancy?
I don't really want to re-read the fullbring arc, but I think it was like this. If it really is, then we will probably see another flashback with another hollow-attack on Masaki. Poor girl.
There are no mention of pregnancy anywhere in Ginjo's explanation.. Just parents got attacked by hollow before they (the fullbringer) are born. Why do people keep bringing that up?
Kozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 16:56   Link #2855
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Rather than DNA, I think it's probably something more like 'life energy' or Reishi. Which would explain his hollow form rather than say horns coming out of his head regularly.
eh, I'm simplifying what would be considered a mutation
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 18:09   Link #2856
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

But...nevermind, my Biology degree sometimes dissects the hell out of these terms.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:49   Link #2857
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 kelvin View Post
In the last chapters seems that Aizen experiments ended up creating Ichigo. So what if Ichigo sees Aizen as his "father"?
No... No... That's not true... That's impossible!!
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 01:03   Link #2858
itachi-san314

noo0o0o00o00o!
Old 2013-04-10, 06:49   Link #2859
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So....Kubo playing hooky again or something? I see nothing is out yet
Old 2013-04-10, 08:29   Link #2860
haegar
mangaviking

oh but it is

hm. so aizen didn't plan shit but shit just happend by itself. great way to get around explanations in hindsight that make no sense

not too bad a chap I guess

Tags
bleach, chapter