AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-11, 02:39   Link #2541
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Is Code Geass: Renya of Darkness still ongoing? I haven't seen anyone talking about the series for almost a year. I have yet to see it they will make an anime for this series. What are the chances of that happening?
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 05:55   Link #2542
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In your Dreams. And Nightmares
It's still ongoing, but I think most people lost interest in it (or at least talking it), since the scanlated chapters are intermittent. Chances of an anime? Very low, considering how different it is from the regular code geass plot. Many people have discussed the idea in the past, but that's mostly wishful thinking, I think.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 05:14   Link #2543
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
It's still ongoing, but I think most people lost interest in it (or at least talking it), since the scanlated chapters are intermittent. Chances of an anime? Very low, considering how different it is from the regular code geass plot. Many people have discussed the idea in the past, but that's mostly wishful thinking, I think.
I think that when Tanaguchi received the opportunity to write a Code Geass Manga, he should have either had done a prequel that would have centered around Charles and V.V. during the time he becomes Emperior of Britannia; or he could have done Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion manga that would have been in his own words by providing a story that would have provided greater depth to the story and characters in which he could not do with the anime. In other words a Code Geass Manga that would have serve as the perfect version to Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion with CLAMP doing the artwork.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 23:42   Link #2544
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Please no more Lelouch stuff that's set in the past.... It would be too painful for the fanbase to bear as they know what happens in the end for him.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 19:59   Link #2545
Lost Cause
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 36
Oh I don't know, I'd love to see where Geass actually came from, and the World of C.
__________________

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 18:24   Link #2546
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
This month's HJ: OZ 1 year anniversary and some interviews








If this is the only content than this was a waste of space...
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 09:29   Link #2547
Kreion
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Please no more Lelouch stuff that's set in the past.... It would be too painful for the fanbase to bear as they know what happens in the end for him.
I agree, but would amend that for me both Lelouch's and C.C's story is over. Regardless of what you think happened to Lelouch at the end of R2 (given you the variables in play); his story of recreating the world and her story of rediscovering humanity is over. The reason I also don't want anymore C.C stuff really is that we know full well that she has little to no good experiences between becoming a 'witch' and the start of R1. The best thing that seems to happen to her is Mao and look how that turns out.

If they did something post-R2 I would want C.C to be a cameo at best. Same with Lelouch if you want him to be around. But even then I don't know that I'd want something that kinda screws over the peace which everyone suffers for in the first series.

If they did anything more in this series I would want something in the past but not using any of the characters which we already know. The problem I have with Akito the Exile is that Akito seems way to much like Lelouch, I was looking forward to a more original character.
Kreion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 17:52   Link #2548
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreion View Post
I agree, but would amend that for me both Lelouch's and C.C's story is over. Regardless of what you think happened to Lelouch at the end of R2 (given you the variables in play); his story of recreating the world and her story of rediscovering humanity is over. The reason I also don't want anymore C.C stuff really is that we know full well that she has little to no good experiences between becoming a 'witch' and the start of R1. The best thing that seems to happen to her is Mao and look how that turns out.

If they did something post-R2 I would want C.C to be a cameo at best. Same with Lelouch if you want him to be around. But even then I don't know that I'd want something that kinda screws over the peace which everyone suffers for in the first series.

If they did anything more in this series I would want something in the past but not using any of the characters which we already know. The problem I have with Akito the Exile is that Akito seems way to much like Lelouch, I was looking forward to a more original character.
Everyone suffers for? Haha, right.

Not to mention Lelouch's sacrifice was a needless one.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 20:23   Link #2549
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In your Dreams. And Nightmares
Here's this month's photo story summary:

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 11 Summary (Extended):


Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 12 Summary:
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 03:33   Link #2550
Chibiloli
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Is this still being translated? Because I've been waiting since march for an update: http://ozthephotostory.yolasite.com/
__________________
Chibiloli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 06:24   Link #2551
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In your Dreams. And Nightmares
Sorry, there was some delays because of IRL issues, but the photo story translation will be resuming very soon. I'm going to try to catch up as many chapters as possible by the end of May.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 07:50   Link #2552
Chibiloli
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Okay, I'll be looking forward to it till then.
__________________
Chibiloli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 12:30   Link #2553
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In your Dreams. And Nightmares
Here are the scans for the latest Oz photo story chapter. For the interview at the end, I'll probably translate it sometime in May for those who are interested.

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 12 Scans:
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 20:29   Link #2554
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Do they mention a possible OZ anime in the interview?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 22:09   Link #2555
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In your Dreams. And Nightmares
Well, at the very least, they do say they "would like" to animate Oz the Reflection at the end of the interview. (No real plans for yet it seems, though.)
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 07:41   Link #2556
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In your Dreams. And Nightmares
Alright, here's this month's manga chapter summary. (Also note that the translation is a little rougher then usual, since the meaning is a bit vague in some parts.)

Spoiler for Oz Manga Ch 12 Summary (Extended):


Spoiler for Oz Manga Ch 13 Summary:
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 08:50   Link #2557
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Nta

1:トトが捕まって人質にされました
2:それをレオンハルトがカッコよく助けました
3:ソキアの元にサザーランド・アイが届きました
4:意味深な女の子
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 18:05   Link #2558
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
【双貌のオズ】ちなみにROBOT魂白炎受注締切間近です!白炎もグレイル同様他ナイトメアとの連動がある かも?連動する未発表のナイトメアをチラリ sun_コウジロウ #geassp


New KMF to appear in OZ?? Ze or the new gladiator guy?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:16   Link #2559
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In your Dreams. And Nightmares
Hmm, hard to tell. It looks like a Gekka variant based on the shoulder design, but I get the impression the face isn't a mono-eye type. Guess we'll have to wait for the next issue to come out.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:38   Link #2560
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Hmm, hard to tell. It looks like a Gekka variant based on the shoulder design, but I get the impression the face isn't a mono-eye type. Guess we'll have to wait for the next issue to come out.
It must be for the gladiator guy who'll join Peacemaker. This thing is a melee god: 2 large knives on left hip, 2 swords stored on forearms, brass knuckles on the knees, nunchaku on right hip, daggers on chest and a large thing on the back.
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.