AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 7 9.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-04-10, 15:48   Link #141
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Honestly, in this case, I think they were sort of proven right by some of the reactions to Kirino's attitude towards Kyousuke (forgetting what just happened previously in Episode 15 and the awkwardness that logically would follow that). It didn't help that it was following the Blu-Ray/DVD ending and not the TV ending, so some people didn't follow for that reason.

So in this case I think it's more complicated than most, and setting people back into the timeframe where we last left off may actually have been helpful (even if I don't disagree that it's also a bit jarring if you think about the mechanics of it).
Those who complain about Kirino's "reset" may not understand women either, as some WILL do things like that. Yet, in the back of their minds, they'll remember... stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris
Kuroneko, her O////O reaction to the subject of the kiss was just priceless.
The same parallel can be said of Kuroneko, with a different reason.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 16:20   Link #142
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Those who complain about Kirino's "reset" may not understand women either, as some WILL do things like that. Yet, in the back of their minds, they'll remember... stuff.
Well, Kirino is far from a woman, she is a girl, but it is very true that people remember happy moments that hit them big time but do not like to show that.
I'm sure that as the story will continue, it will be shown in the end or close to an end just how much it meant to Kirino that Kyousuke came for her.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 16:25   Link #143
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

I've literally spent the last two days marathoning Oreimo to get to this point.

Perhaps that's why everything just felt like a natural progression from the True End to this episode. I know some of you guys felt like it was disjointed in a bid to introduce the major players again, but to me it felt like it flowed quite nicely - any areas where they brought back characters (Saori for example, with her conversation with Kuroneko..Ruri...uh, damnit which one do I use?! ) kept with the vibes of the previous scene.

I will admit, however, having just picked this up, I almost expect Ruri to start yelling out "ku-ku-ku!" (Kobato-chan you are a bad influence >>) and for Kyousuke to moan about using too much energy and to start solving mysteries (Houtarou Oreki, not such a bad influence...)...oh wait, he's not far off doing that anyway

In terms of pairings...well...uh...hm. The childhood friend thing works for me and (as Manami Tamura's grandparents so eloquently put it in the first season) Kyousuke and Manami should get married already - the two seem to have that dynamic that would suit married life . However, since the True End...yeah, you probably guess - Ruri is way too cute (and that nekomaid outfit from S1 seals the deal).

...yeah, I think I'm enjoying this.
viperdk1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 17:51   Link #144
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
To tell the truth, unless both Kyousuke and Kirino had parents/grand parents with similar issues, their chance of getting a mutant childrent is not that much different from other couples.
That might be true, but I'm pretty confident that they will stay in the brother-sister relationship, but that relationship might just get really intense and powerful.
They are both awesome. <3
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 18:37   Link #145
Qikz

That was a pretty cool nice re-introduction episode.

Kuroneko and Manami once again showing how amazingly cute they are. Also Kirino may be a huge bitch but I couldn't hate her.

I'm really hoping Saori gets focused on a bit more this season though, her route was cool in the game.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 00:55   Link #146
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Well this episode just reminded me that Kirino was really a jerk most of the time.

I don't know why I had thought that she was in fact a cute little kitten. So I hereby have handed my kirino fan credentials.

Kuroneko, her O////O reaction to the subject of the kiss was just priceless. I'll be rooting for her. Kirino can go rot for all I care.

Arty
Ah, Kuroneko. The real reason why people love this series (riiiight? ). I didn't expect them to throw interference like that in the first episode, and I got pretty mad when they did. "DAMNIT I WANTED TO HEAR WHAT SHE HAD TO SAY!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
Kanako parts were good.

Spoiler for spoiler :
Ah. So priceless. So hilarious.

Strangely, I really appreciate that it starts off in a "business as usual" sort of way. That's not to say that nothing has changed from the end of the first season, but rather the presentation really remains the same. That's especially nice when there's been a bit of a gap since the last Oreimo. Things are different, but the people are still the same. I think it works.
Old 2013-04-12, 00:30   Link #147
PsychicDave

If the first part of the flashback/dream really did happen, then it gives us some interesting background information when related to established facts.
In the flashback, Kyousuke lists Kirino being slow as one of the reasons why he doesn't want to hang arround with her anymore. In S1E12, Kirino stated when looking at old report cards that she started tracks because she used to be slow (and Kyousuke commented that he probably couldn't beat her in a race anymore). So maybe she decided to join the tracks and field team shortly after Kyousuke "grew out" of their close sibling relationship in order to get his attention back since she wouldn't be slow anymore. Maybe it was a similar motivation that drove her to excel in all the other fields too and become the "perfect" girl she is today (smart/beautiful/athletic). Which is why when her personality changes in the dream she proves him wrong on every point he made in his argument and stated that he instead should be grateful to have such an amazing little sister. But it looks like they both at least partially forgot about that time (which would be why Kirino doesn't really understand why she like imouto eroge, she doesn't know she misses something she forgot about).
Let's hope for more revelations about the past in the near future!
PsychicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 05:03   Link #148
BoyTitan

The main character still a total bitch I hope some hard life lessons happen this season to little miss perfect like some one else gets a modeling job over her some type of reality check.

Kuroneko no just no you are way to cool for that spineless loser.
Old 2013-04-12, 09:47   Link #149
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
Spoiler for spoiler :

Seeing Ayase still very intolerant, it looks to me, that Kanako is somewhat ok with Kirino beeing an Otaku. That is a true friend.
Old 2013-04-12, 11:03   Link #150
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Seeing Ayase still very intolerant, it looks to me, that Kanako is somewhat ok with Kirino beeing an Otaku. That is a true friend.
Spoiler for big episode 1 screenshot:

"What did you just call me" *scowls*
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 11:17   Link #151
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
who ever made the 3rd season of Meruru literaly hates the world on the scale of Evangelion...... OMG
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 14:33   Link #152
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
What are you talking about? Kanako is still unaware of Kirino being an Otaku.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 15:10   Link #153
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
The main character still a total bitch I hope some hard life lessons happen this season to little miss perfect like some one else gets a modeling job over her some type of reality check.
I know it's not really worth responding to this sort of thing, but just pointing out that this whole episode (following the last one) was pretty much entirely about her having a "hard life lesson" and a "reality check" after she failed to perform to expectation at the International Track & Field training school she went to. Now she came back with her tail between her legs apologizing to everyone for letting them down, and trying to re-establish friendships she neglected due to her stubbornness. And then she "drowned out" her lingering feeling of failure by going on a giant shopping spree with the money she earned from a past success.

She may still be "bitchy" towards Kyousuke, and I totally get why that's annoying and not-at-all endearing to a lot of people, but I'm not sure it's because she needs to be "taken down another peg".
Old 2013-04-12, 19:34   Link #154
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

She's just easing back into and trying to reestablish status quo after her terrible America experience.

Which, unfortunately, means Kyousuke's in her gun sights. :<
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 22:43   Link #155
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Kyousuke fanboying over Kuro=WIN.
But

HOLY SHOPPING, KIRINO.

Man, I thought I had problems....that girl is going to turn into a hoarder if she's not careful! I can see it now: mountains of bishoujo games and figures and anime all around her, even atop her bed...slowly makes their way into the halls of the house...and now nobody can walk unless they put their back against the wall...*cue cheesy drama reality show music*
Kyousuke: It...it started only when she got interested in games....and I supported it as her big brother but now she's out of control...I can't take it anymore!
Dad: I am ashamed this would happen to our family...
Mom: *sobs* We thought she was such a good girl...
Shrink: Don't worry, Kirino-chan, we can help you get through this. I know you can do it.
Kirino: I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

Old 2013-04-13, 12:21   Link #156
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Where is Kirino even going to hide all the stuff she bought? It's never going to fit in her closet.
Old 2013-04-13, 12:26   Link #157
Sumeragi
Banned

Her hobby is out in the open within the family now. She just needs to hide the R-18 stuff.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 12:38   Link #158
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was under the impression she bought quite a bit of eroge. She still needs to store all of that somewhere anyway, or a room will look like a mess.
Old 2013-04-13, 13:32   Link #159
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Closets can actually store a remarkable amount of things if your packing skills are good. Otherwise, there are always boxes... (my room is full of boxes... )
Old 2013-04-13, 13:33   Link #160
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Her closet did look pretty packed by episode 12 last season, though.