AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-04-13, 04:50   Link #3181
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Both. But then again, the character attached to the magic seems to coincide with the foggy memory in my head.
Well I don't know about the character except his personality is a direct rip from the text example of how a wood element person should be.

This magic might seem familiar because I base it off an existing spell used in the series; the Catholic church planned to use it to impale all the unconscious citizens of Academy city during Vento's invasion.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 06:36   Link #3182
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Name: Giwa Shinkaku
Epithet: "On the edge of divinity"; "the strongest level 1"
Race: Japanese
ESPer ability: Imaginary Mass AKA God Maker
Level: 1
history: Considered a puzzle by Academy City scientists. He has a prominent AIM that is easily detectable but he has shown little to nothing about his powers. This is due to the Imaginary Mass' unique property of existing physically outside of human logic and concept. One can come in contact with it, can be injured or hurt by it but will never recognize it as existing, a logical paradox. Despite showing the capability to use the Imaginary mass as if it were shaped metal and readings of something existing despite the scientists' incapability to actually tell if something really is there, they are forced to write it off as a weaker ability. They are incapable to knowing what it truly is capable of or what it's true nature is. They cannot even imagine what it may possibly look like. This leaves Shinkaku with the label of Level 1. Due to the fact no one has been able to know the nature of his power but knowing that it definitely exists.

Shinkaku was a normal boy until he decided to enroll in academy city. He tried to prove himself as having an amazing power but the researchers incapable of finding anything about his abilities labeled him level 1. He has been stuck ever since for years. Due to his level 1 status, he has been a target of many a higher level for bullying. He gets no sympathy from skill-out either as they regularly beat him up. But one day Shinkaku had snapped and used his powers to kill them all. All the rage and hatred that had been bottled up suddenly transformed him into a monster. Years of killing has rendered him numb to the sensation and guilt. Shinkaku has never even been linked to any of the murders due to the fact that his powers cause a logical paradox within human beings.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 08:50   Link #3183
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Name: Giwa Shinkaku
Epithet: "On the edge of divinity"; "the strongest level 1"
Race: Japanese
ESPer ability: Imaginary Mass AKA God Maker
Level: 1
history: Considered a puzzle by Academy City scientists. He has a prominent AIM that is easily detectable but he has shown little to nothing about his powers. This is due to the Imaginary Mass' unique property of existing physically outside of human logic and concept. One can come in contact with it, can be injured or hurt by it but will never recognize it as existing, a logical paradox. Despite showing the capability to use the Imaginary mass as if it were shaped metal and readings of something existing despite the scientists' incapability to actually tell if something really is there, they are forced to write it off as a weaker ability. They are incapable to knowing what it truly is capable of or what it's true nature is. They cannot even imagine what it may possibly look like. This leaves Shinkaku with the label of Level 1. Due to the fact no one has been able to know the nature of his power but knowing that it definitely exists.

Shinkaku was a normal boy until he decided to enroll in academy city. He tried to prove himself as having an amazing power but the researchers incapable of finding anything about his abilities labeled him level 1. He has been stuck ever since for years. Due to his level 1 status, he has been a target of many a higher level for bullying. He gets no sympathy from skill-out either as they regularly beat him up. But one day Shinkaku had snapped and used his powers to kill them all. All the rage and hatred that had been bottled up suddenly transformed him into a monster. Years of killing has rendered him numb to the sensation and guilt. Shinkaku has never even been linked to any of the murders due to the fact that his powers cause a logical paradox within human beings.
Sounds like a gemstone ability .
=

I probably would do an Epithet for all my characters... But I am still working on their name. =_=|||

Thousand Power is the easiest so far: Sentou Ikki. (千戦 一騎)

Rearrange the name, you get Ikkitousen (being a match for a thousand). Also referencing certain pervy anime with martial art fighting. .

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-04-13 at 09:17.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 09:02   Link #3184
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I wanted it to be but I thought better of it. He's the level 1 version of accelerator. Crazy demented by society all because of his powers. Oddly enough he can also fight accelerator.
Old 2013-04-13, 09:30   Link #3185
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I wanted it to be but I thought better of it. He's the level 1 version of accelerator. Crazy demented by society all because of his powers. Oddly enough he can also fight accelerator.
Equal footing or straight up pwnage?

==

Kosuke's Epithet: "Wild Card"/ "Dices of Fate" (Both by Arcana)

Phantasm Mirage: "The Dragon who will devour Reality" (by Code of God)
Old 2013-04-13, 09:37   Link #3186
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Equal footing. Since accelerator is dealing with weapons which he cannot see nor detect and cannot deflect with his Vector ability.
Old 2013-04-13, 10:19   Link #3187
tsunade666

-_- even if Accelerator can't see a thing.

Once it enters his AIM field. HE will KNOW.

Unless you can circumnavigate the AIM field. Its like a still water. If you put your finger in it or even a needle. A ripple will happen.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 10:25   Link #3188
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but his AIM is linked to his personal reality, which is linked to his logic. His logic dictates that there is nothing there. The matter does not register as existing in his personal reality. His AIM will register something moving there but it runs counter to his AIM so the most likely scenario if not slipping under the radar, Accelerator will freeze up.

The only way he'd vector it off is either deflect EVERYTHING or he deflects something that doesn't exist. With the latter still going to screw him up as he grasps this fact. At least with Kakine he has some form of confirmation that dark matter exists. With Imaginary Mass, there is absolutely nothing.
Old 2013-04-13, 10:31   Link #3189
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Spoiler for Thousand Power:

Spoiler for Insect Command:

Spoiler for Level 4 AIM Attack:

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-04-13 at 13:53.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:28   Link #3190
Dyingbreath

The next arc in my story features the Knights Templar but I'm having a little trouble with it. I'm trying to make them similar to the Knights of England or the 13 Knights of the Roman Catholic Church but I'm not sure what kind of spells and abilities they had. The wiki article on them isn't very detailed.
If someone can tell me more about their abilities or if someone has any ideas for them in lieu of information I'd be happy to receive the feedback.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 12:13   Link #3191
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
The next arc in my story features the Knights Templar but I'm having a little trouble with it. I'm trying to make them similar to the Knights of England or the 13 Knights of the Roman Catholic Church but I'm not sure what kind of spells and abilities they had. The wiki article on them isn't very detailed.
If someone can tell me more about their abilities or if someone has any ideas for them in lieu of information I'd be happy to receive the feedback.
Try wiki the actual entry on Knight Templar and figure out spell from that?

Can't go wrong with that.

==
Old 2013-04-14, 15:21   Link #3192
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Try wiki the actual entry on Knight Templar and figure out spell from that?

Can't go wrong with that.

==
The toaru wiki doesn't have an entry on them. If you mean wikipedia... well it's still a little confusing what kind of powers the knight groups have.
Old 2013-04-14, 15:31   Link #3193
Haigon

There isn't the myth of the Templars finding treasures in the Solomon's Temple? IIRC there is the Holy Grail and the Holy Ark.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 15:55   Link #3194
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
There isn't the myth of the Templars finding treasures in the Solomon's Temple? IIRC there is the Holy Grail and the Holy Ark.
well yeah that might be their ultimate weapon but not every person would have access to that. I'm just looking for some spell ideas for the general population of the knights similar to the Knights of England or the 13 Knights of the Roman Catholic Church.
Old 2013-04-14, 16:54   Link #3195
Chaos2Frozen

Don't try to treat them as Magicians, instead remember that they are Warriors- That means no tricks, no misdirection, just straight up brutal combat.

For them, doing anything more advance than slash and smash requires group effort... In fact, since they're a military branch, you should keep teamwork in mind...
Old 2013-04-14, 18:07   Link #3196
tsunade666

Look at Aqua's way of fighting. Their spells are augmented spells. It makes them stronger and more dangerous or for protection of the royal family. Look at the spells of the knight leader for example.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 19:01   Link #3197
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't try to treat them as Magicians, instead remember that they are Warriors- That means no tricks, no misdirection, just straight up brutal combat.

For them, doing anything more advance than slash and smash requires group effort... In fact, since they're a military branch, you should keep teamwork in mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Look at Aqua's way of fighting. Their spells are augmented spells. It makes them stronger and more dangerous or for protection of the royal family. Look at the spells of the knight leader for example.
Thanks, that helps.
Old 2013-04-14, 19:06   Link #3198
Chaos2Frozen

Tsunade brought up another good point that I overlooked- what is there purpose? Their objective? What do they believe in? They should have some kind of magic that is geared towards achieving it.
Old 2013-04-14, 20:34   Link #3199
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Tsunade brought up another good point that I overlooked- what is there purpose? Their objective? What do they believe in? They should have some kind of magic that is geared towards achieving it.
It's... complicated. It'll be up in a couple of weeks if you want to read, but that's assuming you've read my work until now. If not you'd have a couple 300,000+ words to go through before you reach the current point.
Old 2013-04-14, 20:40   Link #3200
Chaos2Frozen

No its fine, as long as you have these points in mind it should be fine.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction