AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-14, 20:22   Link #781
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
I think I will avoid the anime thread, since people are keep asking about stuffs that are all spoilers and it's really hard to keep myself from answering them by accident.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 21:17   Link #782
Allium
I say FRY-Y
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The pale blue dot...
Good episode. I liked how the refugees' situation was shown - these people really have it tough.

I thought that Eren just had a nightmare, but then I remembered the thing about the key. So somewhere along the way he and his father did come across each other then.
Spoiler for speculation:


I like Mikasa. She's like a 'neutralizing force' between Eren and Armin, and always watching out for them.

Anyway, looking forward to their military training sessions!
__________________
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 22:10   Link #783
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I really hope they maintain this level of quality in the next few episodes. The cardboardy outlines only really work because of how amazing everything looks.

Seriously, this episode was amazing. I mean I've already read the manga but I still got emotionally affected watching this. Seriously Eren, I'm with you. Kill all those fucking giants.

I can't wait for the next few episodes because we finally get to have Legit Badass Mikasa (not that she wasn't cool already as a kid).
__________________
Traveler on Revenge / Ahelo Sigs / Saimoe Report! Signature by ganbaru
ahelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 22:19   Link #784
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
I really hope they maintain this level of quality in the next few episodes. The cardboardy outlines only really work because of how amazing everything looks.
I think the backgrounds are easily the best part of art:

Spoiler for shamelessly stolen from Random Curosity:
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 22:21   Link #785
molitar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Ok so far from what I checked out in the manga and the anime this looks like a Stephen King type of flick.. pretty much everyone dies.. They have nothing that can fight these things which makes it seem like a show I do not want to watch it if follows anything like the twisted mind of Stephen King I only like shows with good endings and this one looks to be nothing but a BAD END!

Formula bad ending. make the enemy numerous and pretty much neigh impossible to kill and you got a formula for what I call a sucky show or novel as I hate bad ends.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 22:32   Link #786
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Ok so far from what I checked out in the manga and the anime this looks like a Stephen King type of flick.. pretty much everyone dies.. They have nothing that can fight these things which makes it seem like a show I do not want to watch it if follows anything like the twisted mind of Stephen King I only like shows with good endings and this one looks to be nothing but a BAD END!

Formula bad ending. make the enemy numerous and pretty much neigh impossible to kill and you got a formula for what I call a sucky show or novel as I hate bad ends.
Now, now, lets be more patient and see which direction this story will take. At this point making any judgement about the ending is more than premature.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 22:34   Link #787
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
hope the BD editions are more uncut, and we get to see the eating in full glory.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 22:52   Link #788
Elestia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California


There's only one man who can save humanity now.
__________________
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 22:53   Link #789
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Confused about one point in episode 2:

Flashback of Eren and his father. I think it's a flashback given that he woke up with the key. My only issue with saying it's a flashback is how much time has passed for Eren to say something along the lines of "You've been acting strange ever since mom died"?

I'm confused as to how much time has passed since the end of the boat scene (I"M GOING TO KILL THEM GIANTZZZ) to the flashback scene because when he wakes up, he's shocked that they're all begging for food/waiting to get food. It's like that's the first time he has gotten food since he got off the boat.

In other words, it would appear that not much time has passed since he got off the boat. If anything, it feels like only a day has passed. But that would mean his dad would have had to find him (while riding on the horse/carriage) amidst all those people, go crazy on him, give him the key, and bail. But it doesn't make too much sense either given how Mikasa says they didn't see the dad.

Anyway, very very confused about that scene.

p.s.
How do giants reproduce? I don't see any male genitalia.

p.p.s
I don't know the reference made in these poster-like images you guys keep quoting. Who is the dude with the sword? Which anime is that from?
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 23:16   Link #790
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Hmm... It's strange... Eren had a dream where the giants appeared and started eating, and killing. This was back in the first episode right after the opening. Now he has a dream where his father seems to have injected him with something after the death of their mother. With Mikasa giving the firm answer of them not meeting with their father. I can only assume that they met their father prior to Eren and Mikasa being in the training camp on the last scene.

Yet they show no signs, or the anime giving any clues of them actually meeting their father. Even though he was racing straight back to check up on them.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 23:39   Link #791
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I must say Misaka's character design in the anime is quite beautiful. Especially all grown up.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 23:51   Link #792
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Hmm... It's strange... Eren had a dream where the giants appeared and started eating, and killing. This was back in the first episode right after the opening. Now he has a dream where his father seems to have injected him with something after the death of their mother. With Mikasa giving the firm answer of them not meeting with their father. I can only assume that they met their father prior to Eren and Mikasa being in the training camp on the last scene.

Yet they show no signs, or the anime giving any clues of them actually meeting their father. Even though he was racing straight back to check up on them.
Actually there's a huge one: The key around Eren's neck. Recall from the first episode that his father left with it but after the flashback/nightmare Eren wakes up to find it around his neck, even though he had nothing around it at first.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 00:54   Link #793
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
That's really strange though. I thought the key was with him all this time.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 01:00   Link #794
TheEroKing
On a Break
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
__________________
TheEroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 01:15   Link #795
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Got my boss hook on this show now too! I couldn't get him into the manga, cause he has his hands full with me

Episode 2 was super awesome with his wide flat screen TV and the awesome surround-sound + base!

Regarding episode 2, the armor titan being animated looks so awesome. He did things that a manga panel cannot make-up! and OMG, Annie, I love her so much! The designs by the animator stay true to the manga! Is this the first type of production that follow the manga nearly 100%? To the manga readers, did Armin grandpa exist? The darkest part of the episode was the government sending the civilians of the outer walls to reclaim was the "Trojan Horse", they just wanted to kill them off to save supplies... my boss dislike Eren character for being an arrogant asshole and he stated he lost all his confident. I told him in return, Eren just lost his mother and was raise in a society different from ours. They're like cage animals and of course, humans are curious about what ahead of them. All this conversation was only halfway of episode 2. At the end my boss change his opinion on Eren character, after Eren sworn to take revenge. Woot, I hope no extra paper work on Monday
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 01:45   Link #796
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Started on the manga years ago but totally forgotten about it until now. Didn't fully get the scenario then and didn't get it now. Still i think its pretty interesting.

Eren and gang lived in one of the bait protrusion city outside the first wall? And the gate to it and the gate into the first wall is broken? So the titans are currently free to roam inside the first wall? How big is the area within the first wall?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 01:46   Link #797
Tranhieu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
I suppose there's a small bit lost in the English translation, which somehow gives the impression that it's been awhile since his mom's death even though that wasn't actually mentioned in the Japanese script. But I have to admit the director didn't do very well with the pacing of this part. That flashback doesn't occur until 3 years later in the manga.

It's not told yet in the manga how come there're many Titans around even though they have no reproduction organ, but there are several hints left here and there. You can either wait a few more weeks or go spoil yourself in the manga thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Confused about one point in episode 2:

Flashback of Eren and his father. I think it's a flashback given that he woke up with the key. My only issue with saying it's a flashback is how much time has passed for Eren to say something along the lines of "You've been acting strange ever since mom died"?

I'm confused as to how much time has passed since the end of the boat scene (I"M GOING TO KILL THEM GIANTZZZ) to the flashback scene because when he wakes up, he's shocked that they're all begging for food/waiting to get food. It's like that's the first time he has gotten food since he got off the boat.

In other words, it would appear that not much time has passed since he got off the boat. If anything, it feels like only a day has passed. But that would mean his dad would have had to find him (while riding on the horse/carriage) amidst all those people, go crazy on him, give him the key, and bail. But it doesn't make too much sense either given how Mikasa says they didn't see the dad.

Anyway, very very confused about that scene.

p.s.
How do giants reproduce? I don't see any male genitalia.

p.p.s
I don't know the reference made in these poster-like images you guys keep quoting. Who is the dude with the sword? Which anime is that from?
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 01:55   Link #798
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
If it really is just the 'quickest way', then there must have been other ways to get to the next area. Makes me wonder then why people didn't just walk to the next area if the boats are full. Kinda cheapens the moment where one parent said "at least take my child!" when these people should be high-tailing their butts out of there now that those ships are at capacity and it would be a while for their return trip.... but noo, you got stupid people trying to jump on the boats when they could've used that energy to walk to their destination.
It can be many reasons. One, people can hardly be rational in a time of crisis. They set their eyes on one immediate solution, they just can't let it go.

Two, they may have no idea how to walk to next area. These people may not take one step outside their town for their entire life.

Three, the next area may be very far away. Without airplanes, trains, cars, or even horses, moving from one town to the next is not easy, especially with little ones on your back.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Which begs the question, if metal bars are enough to stop the Titans, then why aren't the walls made of them? Surely they must be easier on the upkeep/maintenance than what looks like 20m thick walls.
I seriously doubt a wall of metal bars is easier to upkeep/maintenance than stone walls. I know quite a lot stone buildings have lasted thousands of years with little to nothing maintenance (like pyramids and stonehenge); on the other hand, I heard that less-than-200-year-old Eiffel tower needing over 50 tons of paint every 7 years to prevent rust.

Also, stone is cheaper and more plentiful than metals. We are not talking about a fancy gate, we are talking about a wall may stretch a few hundred miles (or should I say 3 walls?).
__________________
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 02:00   Link #799
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
Quote:
Got my boss hook on this show now too! I couldn't get him into the manga, cause he has his hands full with me
Sounds like a chill boss you've got there.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 02:40   Link #800
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Images
Cosplay
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Army Corps Jacket
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoilers
Spoiler for Cards
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Creepy Mikasa
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?




Last edited by Cirno; 2013-04-15 at 04:36.
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, dystopian, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, shounen, terror, tragedy, violence

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.