AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-23, 23:03   Link #1761
Freeter
i see baka people

Just saw the movie, and it did not disappoint. Loved how they mocked Warner Bros. in the beginning and how it took them three tries just to start the thing

Gintama in widescreen is gorgeous, and those fight scenes were incredible. Everything from Kagura's acrobatics to Gintoki's awesome sword skills was given the full movie treatment, and that final battle sequence is absolutely exhilarating.

And don't worry, they managed to cram literally every character who wasn't in the film at the end for a brief cameo. But the real big surprise was...

Spoiler for tease:

Can't wait for Gintama's return. I've missed this crazy bunch.

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 18:53   Link #1762
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
I made more avi for Gintama, so today i post all of them here

Next time return the batch of sig, so in while enjoy this:

Spoiler for cause i like cover them:

Last edited by Tjaard; 2011-01-30 at 19:12.
Tjaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 23:21   Link #1763
akire_and_atem

can someone please tell me if Sorachi Hideaki-san has been found yet?! TT^TT

please please let him be ok :'(
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 07:24   Link #1764
Toddler Naruto
Playful Explorer

When is the new series airing again?
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 10:07   Link #1765
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou Emiya View Post
When is the new series airing again?
April 4th.

Second season thread.
Old 2011-03-20, 11:22   Link #1766
Toddler Naruto
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Ah, and sorry didnt know about the new thread.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 09:22   Link #1767
blewin

just found this gem. Can anyone tell me how closely did the old anime series follow the manga?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 14:49   Link #1768
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
just found this gem. Can anyone tell me how closely did the old anime series follow the manga?
One of the best manga to anime adaptation you'll ever find.
Old 2011-04-04, 08:14   Link #1769
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Haha hilarious right from the first episode in a while (202). OP and ED both are great, and it's really nice to watch Gintama finally in 16:9. Can't wait for more.
Old 2011-04-04, 10:30   Link #1770
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Haha hilarious right from the first episode in a while (202). OP and ED both are great, and it's really nice to watch Gintama finally in 16:9. Can't wait for more.
You should be posting in the second season thread.
Old 2011-04-04, 15:37   Link #1771
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

It maybe useful to add some emphasis:

Gintama (2011) discussion continues here

This thread is only for discussion of the first ~200 episodes, which aired before 2011. For the new episodes, see link above.
GHDpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 23:35   Link #1772
Ghostoo666

Wink

woopsy lol
Ghostoo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 07:32   Link #1773
ronin myael
lost ronin

i love this series! i first saw this years ago back when it was a relatively new anime. but i only saw a few episodes and then stopped. but not because i didn't like it rather i didn't relish the thought of having to wait for new episodes each week. i wanted to read the manga but just didn't have the time. recently, i started watching the series again and it's hilarious, clever and creative. i fell in love with gin right off the bat. and sadaharu just stole my heart the moment i saw him. i'll definitely watch this series more closely from now on.
Old 2011-06-01, 19:15   Link #1774
Soliloquy
Secret Schemer

I watched up to ep 9 and so far it wasn't too bad. I think I'm watching it with a high expectation since it's such a popular series. I'm just wondering does it get even better or does it just remain consistent?

I will just say most jokes are great but some of them are hit or miss, as it seems quite forced.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 04:49   Link #1775
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Don't worry, it gets INFINITELY better. Gintama truly started at episode 25 for me, and since then, it's just kept getting better.
Old 2013-04-15, 02:49   Link #1776
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I've been looking like crazy for this thread, why doesn't it have its own sub forum? I know its not as popular as the big 3 or maybe even Fairy Tail?? Its still got a pretty big fan base. I love this series, it can make you laugh a lot and when it gets serious man can it be good. I hope this up coming flick really isn't the end of the series, its got so much more that it needs to cover, we've still got the big villains that Gintoki needs to fight, the manga doesn't look like will be getting to that any time soon. Gintoki is my favorite out of the bunch, his past is so intresting and fun to learn about, makes me happy that the second film seems to be about that like the first film promised us, hurray! Also, he can make you laugh and you don't want to tick him off, cuz when he gets pissed you really see some thing.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 05:42   Link #1777
Avaricia
My Lord

Awesome Movie!! and the ending was perfect
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 11:34   Link #1778
erdii

in gintama a serious scene can instantly become a funny scene. gintoki stabs his former self but his former self turns out to be Madao. everyone gathering at the end seems a bit forced to be but it was way to cooooool. especially it was really nice to see sakamoto and takasugi in action. these guys were badasses when they were young.
Old 2013-12-24, 23:08   Link #1779
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
I've been looking like crazy for this thread, why doesn't it have its own sub forum? I know its not as popular as the big 3 or maybe even Fairy Tail?? Its still got a pretty big fan base. I love this series, it can make you laugh a lot and when it gets serious man can it be good. I hope this up coming flick really isn't the end of the series, its got so much more that it needs to cover, we've still got the big villains that Gintoki needs to fight, the manga doesn't look like will be getting to that any time soon. Gintoki is my favorite out of the bunch, his past is so intresting and fun to learn about, makes me happy that the second film seems to be about that like the first film promised us, hurray! Also, he can make you laugh and you don't want to tick him off, cuz when he gets pissed you really see some thing.
its pretty much big in japan while in the west its not
Old 2013-12-25, 08:09   Link #1780
Freeter
i see baka people

Second film was pretty much the best movie I've seen all year. The seamless transition between drama and comedy mixed with insane degrees of awesome is something only Sorachi can pull off (take notes Oda, this is how you do a JUMP film right).

It's a shame we're not getting any more Gintama anime, but they went out on a high note. I'm seriously wondering how Sorachi is going to top this when the manga eventually ends, but he'll find a way.

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen