AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-14, 18:56   Link #2261
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Yeah that's why the main characters became stronger and faster when they put their gold cloths on in the fight against thanatos and even more so with there divine cloths.
I don't know about the god cloth but I remember that when Seiya used the gold cloth for the first time Aiolia kicked his ass pretty easily anyway. Seiya only landed one blow when he burned his cosmos to the max since he was protecting Athena and whatnot.

The point is moot so, since the explanation given about how Kouga's cloth fixed itself doesn't make any sense.
Old 2013-04-14, 20:15   Link #2262
ShiroiRyu

Saw on SSP from hadesama :

They look really better than Martians.
Old 2013-04-14, 20:17   Link #2263
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
After all, Kouga neglected his training too
He didn't. He was seen training last week, even though he had barely recovered, as Tatsumi said.

Quote:
I don't know about the god cloth but I remember that when Seiya used the gold cloth for the first time Aiolia kicked his ass pretty easily anyway. Seiya only landed one blow when he burned his cosmos to the max since he was protecting Athena and whatnot.
One blow that would have been impossible at that point if not for the Saigttarius cloth appearing to back him up.
It's been pretty well established that clothes are power ups too.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 20:44   Link #2264
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I like how the new opening is like "Eden is one of the good guys. Do you think he will really be a bad guy again?"
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 23:51   Link #2265
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I like how the new opening is like "Eden is one of the good guys. Do you think he will really be a bad guy again?"
Btw, wonder what's that thing on his back earlier in the opening (01:05)?
Old 2013-04-15, 00:15   Link #2266
j008

Quote:

The point is moot so, since the explanation given about how Kouga's cloth fixed itself doesn't make any sense.
Actually, every time any of original characters put on a gold cloth or a divine cloth they did become stronger & faster. Aiolia even told the 3 silver saints to run b/c seiya is in the gold cloth & they were killed instantly by the gold cloth of Sagittarius. But Aiolia is also known as one of the strongest of the original SS gold saints so even though seiya got stronger he wasnt strong enough yet. And in the Hades Arc, the main characters were finally able to fight thatanos, Hypnos & Hades only after they wore the Divine clothes except Ikki. He was the only one that was able to hurt Thatanos in his phoenix cloth.

As for Koga's upgrade... It makes total sense. In SS, After the 12 houses they received blood from the gold saints & they're bronze wouldn't turn to gold until they reached the max of their cosmos during poseidon arc. And then Pegasus, cygnus, andromeda, y dragon all received Athena's blood in the Hades Arc. So it should be able to transform & repair because of Athena's blood as a goddess just like it happened in hades arc when Pegasus all of a sudden got wings after passing the wailing wall.

Now what I want to know is if the Dragon cloth will also be repaired since it too got Athena's blood back when Shiyru was using it
j008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 04:43   Link #2267
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 53:
Now where have I seen that before...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Eh, wearing the Gold Cloth alone made Seiya from being 'utterly helpless' to being able to evade a light-speed attack, and retaliate against a Gold.

Sure, he was still much much weaker (no 7th Sense), but Cloths have always amplified the wearer's Cosmo and combat ability significantly.

Quote:
Explanation that makes sense? Are we watching the same series?

We're talking about Saint Seiya here. It always had those kind of plot elements.

In fact, the notion that the Pegasus Cloth is special due to having being slayed Gods since the age of mythology is so... Saint Seiya that it's exactly something I can see Kurumada using.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 05:13   Link #2268
Key Board
Carbon

Seeing Seiya in this new big brother/dad/Athena's pet role is interesting

I wonder if he misses being a Bronze saint

@nightingale

my theory about this Subaru is that he's like a certain other female Subaru that we know about.

I'm starting to wonder if this Subaru has gears and widgets inside him.

why stop at steel cloths when you can go deeper? for SCIENCE!
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 05:29   Link #2269
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It was fine for the other series, but that in Saint Seiya?

I'd sooner midichrolians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Part of me feels that if either Saga or Kanon is alive, this is exactly the role he would've been in.

Becoming Saga in the sequel after being Aiolos in S1 feels like such a weird karma for Seiya.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 14:32   Link #2270
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler:

From Aldebaran from SSP. *_*
Yes, marvelous bis !
Old 2013-04-15, 14:32   Link #2271
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
In fact, the notion that the Pegasus Cloth is special due to having being slayed Gods since the age of mythology is so... Saint Seiya that it's exactly something I can see Kurumada using.
If the Pegasus cloth had the ability to fix itself and whatnot, it would have had it since the beginning of the show. Why this ability appears now then?

The only explanation would be that fighting Abs or whatever he's called was what made the cloth change, except that can't be because Kouga used the Sagittarius cloth to fight him.

This is all way too nonsensical. It's like the new writer didn't even took the time to watch the first season, let alone the old series.
Old 2013-04-15, 15:44   Link #2272
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

I wonder if he misses being a Bronze saint

@nightingale

my theory about this Subaru is that he's like a certain other female Subaru that we know about.

I'm starting to wonder if this Subaru has gears and widgets inside him.

why stop at steel cloths when you can go deeper? for SCIENCE!
Well, He us not using rollerblade to move around and there is no "White Devil" to smack him around really good.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 19:00   Link #2273
belxebu

Quote:
All poor Soma got to do in his re-introductory episode was getting his ass kicked.
Curiously it happened just what I expected of him

Quote:
Welp, I hope Yuna will fare better but she most likely won't. Sucks to be Yuna, or anyone that isn't Kouga actually.
In case you didn't noticed in the preview she has her new Cloth (and Souma too) what obviously will means good things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well what, you really think Haruto and Ryuho's moves could have done it?
well, unlike to Souma, Ryuho and Haruto defeated Gold Saints.

Quote:
If the Pegasus cloth had the ability to fix itself and whatnot, it would have had it since the beginning of the show. Why this ability appears now then?
That is easy, because the cloth was alive during all the the first season, simple like that.

Quote:
The only explanation would be that fighting Abs or whatever he's called was what made the cloth change, except that can't be because Kouga used the Sagittarius cloth to fight him.
No

Quote:
This is all way too nonsensical. It's like the new writer didn't even took the time to watch the first season, let alone the old series.
It seems that YOU need to watch again the first season and ALL the old Series.

Even Ikki's Cloth only repaired itself after it died.

Just like Jesus, to resurrect you need to die first
belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 14:39   Link #2274
j008

That's very true about Ikki's cloth. The Pheonix resurrects from its ashes just like the mythology behind the mythical bird
j008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 12:56   Link #2275
Divino

Spoiler for i think:
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:23   Link #2276
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
That is easy, because the cloth was alive during all the the first season, simple like that.
No, it died at the end before the last fight. Why didn't come back to life then? Besides, going by the explanation given, this cloth should have had the ability to resurrect since the old series, but I as far as I can remember this isn't the case, so....
Old 2013-04-17, 17:46   Link #2277
Parry999

It did repair itself when it went god cloth. So basically all Kouga needed to do was burn his cosmos strong enough for it to work.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 18:13   Link #2278
Goty

Quote:
No, it died at the end before the last fight. Why didn't come back to life then?
That's painfully obvious. Simply because Kouga didn't try to put it again. Maybe you're not paying attention, but he didn't even know he could wear it until Tatsumi told him so, he thought it was gone.

And in the old series, it only received Athena's blood at the end. After that, the Bronze clothes healed, evolved and somehow even downgraded by itself. Does that make sense for you?
Old 2013-04-17, 19:03   Link #2279
Ozuma

@Goty

DUDE..In the sequel to the Hades saga Next Dimension their cloths are no longer in their ultimate stages. So yeah, Saint cloths are unpredictable.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 19:32   Link #2280
Laevatein

Episode 53: all I have to say is...

"A deadly bee weapon. Bees. My god."
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen