AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-06, 18:18   Link #2381
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_Steele View Post
Where should I start? First the unlikeable heroine who just there of sake of being there, probably equivalent to loser, lonely geek for no reasons all pretty girls attracted to him in male-oriented harem shows. Second it's just a pure fanservice show for girls, proving that it just as shallow as male oriented ones. Hell even male-oriented harem shows are evolving and no longer centered on loser geek got pretty chicks theme like we saw in Live Hina days anymore.
People don't care that much about the show to criticize it
Old 2013-04-06, 18:46   Link #2382
Joyce_Steele
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
People don't care that much about the show to criticize it
Yeah and that's why it often got away with it. In fact there are awfully lots of bad shoujo shows got away with it just because nobody besides hardcore shoujo fans see them.
Old 2013-04-06, 18:49   Link #2383
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Yeah and that's why it often got away with it. In fact there are awfully lots of bad shoujo shows got away with it just because nobody besides hardcore shoujo fans see them.
It seems that lots of people don't seem to notice "but everyone seems to like" part of the title...
Old 2013-04-07, 12:01   Link #2384
Shyni

Well, there isn't really any show that you can define as "everyone seems to like", without specifying that "everyone" means "everyone who's seen it".

Then again, most of us on this thread probably weren't thinking of stuff that isn't hated simply because almost nobody saw it.
Old 2013-04-08, 00:23   Link #2385
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
Well, there isn't really any show that you can define as "everyone seems to like", without specifying that "everyone" means "everyone who's seen it".

Then again, most of us on this thread probably weren't thinking of stuff that isn't hated simply because almost nobody saw it.
The subject pertains to things like my rant about my disliking of Bleach. That's the sort of thing we're looking for. Popular stuff that you know people like because they keep making it or people wont stop talking about it.

I'd say anything with a subforum applies as well.
Old 2013-04-08, 01:00   Link #2386
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I'd say anything with a subforum applies as well.
Especially School Days. It is quite fortunate its subforum already retired. I have no idea how people loves it save for its controversies. Even its controversies are overplayed and overhyped to begin with. Glad to see people are stopped talking about it, I mean little bit less than they used to.

No more rants for this time as this is my FINAL post in this thread(I believe I made too posts in this thread since I joined this forum three years ago). Just a list of what popular anime that I hate or at least dislike yet still many people seems to love them. Enjoy...

1. Angel Beats
2. High School of the Dead
3. Bleach
4. Ouran High School Host Club
5. Lovely Complex
6. Death Note
7. One Piece
8. Mirai Nikki
9. Higurashi series
10. K

There still lots of them but there's the top 10(besides School Days), not in correct order which one I hate more than others. I can see the mods are going to close this thread for good(of their own).
Old 2013-04-08, 02:11   Link #2387
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

1. Death Note {Too dark for my taste}
2. Naruto Shippuden {In my opinion the series is getting worse thats just me}

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2013-04-08, 04:15   Link #2388
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
There still needs to be an impression that many people seem to like it in order to call it "everyone". Otherwise it is nothing more than "an anime that you hate" thread
Old 2013-04-09, 22:38   Link #2389
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
In fact there are awfully lots of bad shoujo shows got away with it just because nobody besides hardcore shoujo fans see them.
"Lots"? Such as....?
Old 2013-04-10, 14:49   Link #2390
qb_cakes

Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, shounen in general
Old 2013-04-10, 18:00   Link #2391
backbone
Banned

I particularly hate the long running titles on Jump magazine such as Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, and Gintama. Not because they suck or anything like that (even i fully understand their appeal for their fanbases), but because of general idea that they've been running for too long
Old 2013-04-10, 19:23   Link #2392
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
I particularly hate the long running titles on Jump magazine such as Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, and Gintama. Not because they suck or anything like that (even i fully understand their appeal for their fanbases), but because of general idea that they've been running for too long
If only for the fact that trying to get into the show and keeping up would be a formidable challenge.
Old 2013-04-10, 21:01   Link #2393
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
I personally hate and despise every anime with annoying, overly violent, overly self-important, tsundere main heroines that spend 99% of their screentime kicking the protagonists' ass, being ungrateful despite the fact that they're completely dependant and being hindrance rather than help for their pals, completely in self denial with their own feelingsand hindering any nice and kind girls that try to get close with the male protagonists although they themselves are not their girlfriends.

Perfect examples :

Zero no Tsukaima : This one is trash
Toradora : Stinking pile of garbage
Ore no Imouto : Complete dung
Old 2013-04-13, 21:22   Link #2394
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
I personally hate and despise every anime with annoying, overly violent, overly self-important, tsundere main heroines that spend 99% of their screentime kicking the protagonists' ass, being ungrateful despite the fact that they're completely dependant and being hindrance rather than help for their pals, completely in self denial with their own feelingsand hindering any nice and kind girls that try to get close with the male protagonists although they themselves are not their girlfriends.

Perfect examples :

Nicely put! I agree with you completely.
You could also add that most of these shows try to make the actions of these main heroines look right by making other characters taking their side in an argument and by that making the protagonist look like some kind of jerk. And the worst thing is, that they make the protagonist admit later on that it "really was his fault and the tsundere girl was 100% right".

It is also worth mentioning that in a lot of "harem" animes, instead of the harem-members fighting each other over the loved one, they for some absolutely inexplicable reason attack the loved one when they feel jealous.
Old 2013-04-14, 11:50   Link #2395
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Hyouka because it felt like it dragged on for me.
Old 2013-04-14, 12:20   Link #2396
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post

Perfect examples :

I know that feel bro.
Old 2013-04-15, 03:49   Link #2397
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Strawberry Panic... I just don't know why....
Old 2013-04-15, 05:53   Link #2398
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Strawberry Panic... I just don't know why....
Coming from you, I'd guess it's because of the yuri atmosphere, or were you being sarcastic?
Old 2013-04-15, 06:48   Link #2399
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Coming from you, I'd guess it's because of the yuri atmosphere,......
atmosphere? It's a Armageddon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
......were you being sarcastic?
Noh, I mean it... I really meant it.... *points to thread title
Old 2013-06-22, 21:35   Link #2400
Lyocol
Banned

One Piece. While "hate" is not an accurate word but I really disliked it. It just too repetitive even as a shounen. I admit I actually liked it but after the Arlong Arc, everything went downhill fast which actually a drop-off for me. The Alabasta arc is just Arlong Arc with longer plot and slower pace. I also hate Drum Arc for introducing most annoying character of all time, Tony Tony Chopper.

The reason I really liked Arlong Arc is Nami in the spotlight than any other characters beside Luffy. I believe she's the anti-hero character in the show but right after that arc, just another walking sex appeal of the show with her breasts getting bigger and bigger. Yes she did got more important roles in later arcs but Arlong Arc is the only time where we got to see her human side.

More importantly people start watching One Piece when Naruto hits its dark age(filler arcs before Shippuden) and this comment is from someone who read(not watch) One Piece long before if hits the English-speaking anime communities.
Closed Thread