AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kashimashi

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-31, 12:58   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Kashimashi - Requests for new threads

Since the Kashimashi forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Kashimashi thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.

Catgirls is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 14:39   Link #2
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
a thread about how Hazumu and the world is reacting to the fact that Hazumu became a she ... (pretty much covers from Tomari's and Asuta's respective problems with it, over Yasuna's happiness about to the medias fuss about it)
Sian is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 14:50   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwisher
a thread about how Hazumu and the world is reacting to the fact that Hazumu became a she ... (pretty much covers from Tomari's and Asuta's respective problems with it, over Yasuna's happiness about to the medias fuss about it)
Can you be a bit more precise as to what it is you want to discuss. Also a thread title would help because that's what gives the thread (and discussion) a focus.

I think I know what you mean since there has been some discussion about it in the old generic discussion thread but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what such a thread could be called. There is also a danger it will ramble off-topic as well if it's not well defined. I'll leave it up to Catgirls to decide if such a thread should be created
xris is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 14:52   Link #4
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
I think I know what you mean since there has been some discussion about it in the old generic discussion thread but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what such a thread could be called. There is also a danger it will ramble off-topic as well if it's not well defined. I'll leave it up to Catgirls to decide if such a thread should be created
in fact i got the same reason not to write a topic name ... a bit of a loss about it
Sian is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 15:11   Link #5
Kyaa the Catlord
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
How about Kashimashi Gender Role Discussion?
__________________
Kyaa the Catlord
Kyaa the Catlord is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 15:12   Link #6
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
I second the suggestion above, since it was the main element who brought the former topic up to 400+ posts ... a name for it would be tough.. Kyaa's suggestion seems to be fair enough.

I'd also like to suggest a thread about general music/song in Kashimashi
This anime does feature really good themes, songs and bgms so the subjects won't be missing, imho.
__________________
Pellissier is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 16:21   Link #7
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaa the Catlord
How about Kashimashi Gender Role Discussion?
Yep. This is an excellent idea. I need to think of a good title. My inital thought is to go with The Role of Gender in Kashimashi or just Kashimashi Gender Discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
I'd also like to suggest a thread about general music/song in Kashimashi This anime does feature really good themes, songs and bgms so the subjects won't be missing, imho.
Good suggestion. I'll create an OP/ED thread tonight.
Catgirls is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 16:59   Link #8
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwisher
a thread about how Hazumu and the world is reacting to the fact that Hazumu became a she ... (pretty much covers from Tomari's and Asuta's respective problems with it, over Yasuna's happiness about to the medias fuss about it)
Hmmmm....tell me if I understand you correctly....basically, discussion about how Hazumus' relationships will or have changed since he became a girl. Is that about right? In other words: Hazumu's relationship with:

- his local town/city
- his parents
- Yasuna, Tomari, Asuta
- his other class mates
- himself

If that's correct, maybe we can add that to the "Gender" discussion thread. Maybe something like: The Role Of Gender In Kashimashi and How It Affects Relationships. That sounds like it might be interesting to me. The thread would encompass gender and how gender change impacts both the person that changed and the people around them.

Not to mention their clothing bill.
Catgirls is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 17:03   Link #9
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
pretty much something like that yeah ... sucks at putting thoughts into words

even though i'm affaid of that the gender thread then would have a to big area to cover and get confusing
Sian is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 17:12   Link #10
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Is this a new setup for all forums? If its just for this one why? Weird setup imo. :S Not that it affects me much , because I dont make threads. o.O

There arent that many brainless threads. I know that you mods clean most of it up, is it really that much work? Or is this temporary?
2H-Dragon is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 17:17   Link #11
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
@Catgirls: imho that title is good, and covers pretty much of the Kashimashi issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwisher
even though i'm affaid of that the gender thread then would have a to big area to cover and get confusing
I, instead, think it will be enough. While it may have a big impact on people on the first moment (thus lot of posts) I'm pretty sure the whole thing will calm down a little, later.

Since for now we're still a lot on the "why did they choose to do so, instead to do so" : it's still referred on how the series was thought and how it was given a birth to it. This couldn't last forever, imho.
I think this matter should dilute, later on the series, since people should supposedly focus more on the development of the events, and the series itself won't be having the "new factor" anymore.

The "Affectioning Relationship" matter, instead, may keep a substance throughout the whole series (it may always be interesting to compare events whether in a case, whether in the case) but still one thread is enough.

I'm also counting people who didn't like the series and while they posted on the former Kashimashi thread, they should post here a bit less (I assume that not liking a series for many episodes will bring to drop it). Meaning this less complainings and less discussions.
__________________
Pellissier is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 17:17   Link #12
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon
Is this a new setup for all forums? If its just for this one why? Weird setup imo. :S Not that it affects me much , because I dont make threads. o.O

There arent that many brainless threads. I know that you mods clean most of it up, is it really that much work? Or is this temporary?
Seems a strange place to be asking this, in a thread about making new Kashimashi threads.

It's not the only one, have a look at the Fate/stay night forum. And as I stated there
Quote:
The reason is that in the future we want to make more series specific forums to allow greater discussion for popular series. For example, with series such as Fate/stay night we hope that a new forum will help the current problems concerning the posting of game spoilers in the anime discussion threads. Similar problems have arisen in other series discussion threads due to "raw" watchers and "fansub" watchers getting out of step. With new forums we can create discussion threads for many different topics (such as a thread for each episode), which should remove a lot of the problems with spoilers since everyone will be discussing the same topic / episode.

But to help us manage and moderate these new forums we wish to limit the creation of new threads. It doesn't mean new threads can't be created, it's just that only threads approved by the Mods will be created in these forums. It will also help maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (no more pointless threads cluttering up the place).
xris is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 17:50   Link #13
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Its just this is the first time I saw this. I thought might as well ask here, because I havent seen any similar threads.

Anyways thanks for the info.
2H-Dragon is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 05:52   Link #14
Kyaa the Catlord
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Hmmmm....tell me if I understand you correctly....basically, discussion about how Hazumus' relationships will or have changed since he became a girl. Is that about right? In other words: Hazumu's relationship with:

- his local town/city
- his parents
- Yasuna, Tomari, Asuta
- his other class mates
- himself

If that's correct, maybe we can add that to the "Gender" discussion thread. Maybe something like: The Role Of Gender In Kashimashi and How It Affects Relationships. That sounds like it might be interesting to me. The thread would encompass gender and how gender change impacts both the person that changed and the people around them.

Not to mention their clothing bill.
Its kinda wordy but good.

Thanks!
__________________
Kyaa the Catlord
Kyaa the Catlord is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 15:02   Link #15
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
I was looking for somewhere to post the information that a rough little video of Yamato Nadeshiko (Horie Yui and Tamura Yukari's singing duo) has shown up on tt (I think it's just a TV clip and okay to mention).

How about a thread specifically about the voice-acting and the voice actors in this show? Something like: "Voice-acting." Or should that be posted in the general "old" thread? Or should there be a "new" general thread?
__________________
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 15:09   Link #16
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
On a slightly off-topic note...

I must say that the system of requesting new threads is a very good idea. It stops deluges of random threads... (*cough* Shuffle!)

I would suggest a thread, but there hasn't been enough episodes subbed to talk much about the series yet.
Circular Logic is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 19:04   Link #17
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I was looking for somewhere to post the information that a rough little video of Yamato Nadeshiko (Horie Yui and Tamura Yukari's singing duo) has shown up on tt (I think it's just a TV clip and okay to mention).
I think I know the file you're talking about. Is it from [seiyuus_live]?
Quote:
How about a thread specifically about the voice-acting and the voice actors in this show? Something like: "Voice-acting." Or should that be posted in the general "old" thread? Or should there be a "new" general thread?
Hmmm....a VA Appreciation & Discussion thread, eh....that's not a bad idea.

Usually VA work is discussed in the Episode threads, but it might be an interesting experiment to see how much traffic a separate VA thread generates. IMO, the thread would have to be limited to discussion about the VA's performance and not show content. Obviously, we would discuss the particular scenes, but more so from a point of view (POV) of the VA and their performance. Otherwise, it seems that we would be duplicating what could easily be discussed in the Episode threads.

Letís try it.
Catgirls is offline  
Old 2006-02-04, 07:11   Link #18
Razz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Which fansub group is the best for Kashimashi?
Razz is offline  
Old 2006-02-04, 07:29   Link #19
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz
Which fansub group is the best for Kashimashi?
Is this a request for a new thread or an actual question?

At the moment there is a discussion in the old generic Kashimashi thread but since there are a number of groups fansubbing the series (admittedly no further than ep 2 at this point in time) it might be suitable as subject for it's own.

The main problem is that all to often it just generates one-line replies based on what group people happen to be downloading, not on actual comparisons between the fansubs. And then there is the other problem in that it seems everyone has their own standard as to what element of an fansub makes it the "best", all to often people are comparing apples to oranges.

Or in other words, I'm not sure it needs to have a thread of it's own (when the generic thread would suffice). Let's see what Catgirls or any of the other Mods thinks of this.
xris is offline  
Old 2006-02-07, 12:02   Link #20
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
The main problem is that all to often it just generates one-line replies based on what group people happen to be downloading, not on actual comparisons between the fansubs. And then there is the other problem in that it seems everyone has their own standard as to what element of an fansub makes it the "best", all to often people are comparing apples to oranges.
Apologies for the late reply. I agree with xris on this. I think the generic Kashimashi thread is a fine place to ask about or discuss the quality of the various fansubs. I think a separate thread (in this case) would merely generate a small amount of interest and the old thread could handle it just fine. Cheers.
Catgirls is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.