AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's - Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-04-08, 13:20   Link #1181
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Oh wow... I totaly didn't realise that Fate's cloak was white in her Blaze Form.
Well, maybe it's a little homage to the white cloak she has in her StrikerS Impulse Form
Well they wanted to tie it to Strikers....
Old 2013-04-09, 18:03   Link #1182
leolim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Well they wanted to tie it to Strikers....
If the 3rd movie doesn't rectonned StrikerS.
leolim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 18:09   Link #1183
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

^ reflections... Plenty of things.
Old 2013-04-15, 10:07   Link #1184
novalysis

I just finished watching the movie. Well, they've certainly deliberately hidden alot of things - these movies are supposed to be TSAB propaganda flicks, right? The script was definitely written up to be that way, given that they axed the whole Graham side plot out.

I do think that while the fight scenes were awesome, character development never actually successfully reached the depth provided during the original A's anime.

It seems though that the Battle of Aces might actually been the outcome, had Hayate actually spoken to Reinforce in the actual continuity, like she did in the movie. There's a bit of fridge horror - this suggest that when Reinforce was uninstalled, much of the cast of the Battle of Aces was also uninstalled with her - this includes the Materials et all. Correct me if this theory is wrong - it might well be, since my knowledge of Battle of Aces is second hand.

As for the final scene, I have a wild, terrible speculation. The set-up scene at the very end of the movie is the very opening sequence of the doomed mission that ended with Nanoha almost crippled for life, that was alluded to in Strikers S. If the third movie is indeed an interquel between Striker S and A's, one possibility might be that it is the events leading up to the doomed mission where Nanoha's almost destroyed her Linker Core.

Then again, I wonder whether the producers would dare to go for a downer ending, or a not so happy ending where Nanoha has just begun to recover....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 11:01   Link #1185
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
As for the final scene, I have a wild, terrible speculation. The set-up scene at the very end of the movie is the very opening sequence of the doomed mission that ended with Nanoha almost crippled for life, that was alluded to in Strikers S. If the third movie is indeed an interquel between Striker S and A's, one possibility might be that it is the events leading up to the doomed mission where Nanoha's almost destroyed her Linker Core.
I'm confused with what scene you're referring to. The final scene of the movie was of Nanoha, Fate and Hayate throwing their devices into the air, and it was identical to the Nanoha a's series ending. It does nothing, to the best of my knowledge, to set-up for the doomed mission that cripples Nanoha. Do you mind clarifying?
Old 2013-04-15, 11:10   Link #1186
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Aka they are still lolis so the timeskip was shorter....

Unlike in A's where they are grown up.
Old 2013-04-15, 12:01   Link #1187
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm confused with what scene you're referring to. The final scene of the movie was of Nanoha, Fate and Hayate throwing their devices into the air, and it was identical to the Nanoha a's series ending. It does nothing, to the best of my knowledge, to set-up for the doomed mission that cripples Nanoha. Do you mind clarifying?
It is a wild speculation, in reference to an incident in Striker S, that we hear of, but never really know much off.

In Strikers S Episode 9, there's a reference to an incident where Nanoha almost got herself crippled for life for pushing her linker core beyond it's limits in a mission- this was mentioned during the early training arcs in Striker S, after the incident where Nanoha Pwned Teena Lanster. From a quick check with the Nanoha wiki, the mission occurred two years after Nanoha As.

But given that this scene seems to be when they are around 12, this suggest either Nanoha's linker core meltdown has taken place and has been resolved, or that meltdown is going to come soon. After all, Rein Zwei was created two years after the death of Reinforce. The epilogue scene of the movies is supposed to probably have occurred shortly after Rein Zwei's creation. Nanoha is well and alive in the closing scene, with no signs that her linker core meltdown has already occurred.

Which coincides with the mission where Nanoha's linker core failed, which also occurred a little over two years after Nanoha A's. I'd venture to then guess that the closing scene of the movies is between the creation of Rein Zwei, and Nanoha's linker core failure mentioned in Striker's S. Even then, I acknowledge that the closing scene of the movies may not necessarily be the beginning of the mission that led to Nanoha's linker core meltdown. And in-fact, it could have occurred after the Linker Core meltdown- but they look 12, not 14.

Let me emphasize again: this is merely wild speculation: I do not have evidence, besides the chronology, what I can remember of the anime and the manga, and the Nanoha wiki - the pages concerning Nanoha, Rein Zwei and Vita, who was with Nanoha when Nanoha's linker core failed.
Old 2013-04-15, 16:44   Link #1188
Hoki
Professor Lech

Quote:
It is a wild speculation, in reference to an incident in Striker S, that we hear of, but never really know much off.

In Strikers S Episode 9, there's a reference to an incident where Nanoha almost got herself crippled for life for pushing her linker core beyond it's limits in a mission- this was mentioned during the early training arcs in Striker S, after the incident where Nanoha Pwned Teena Lanster. From a quick check with the Nanoha wiki, the mission occurred two years after Nanoha As.

But given that this scene seems to be when they are around 12, this suggest either Nanoha's linker core meltdown has taken place and has been resolved, or that meltdown is going to come soon. After all, Rein Zwei was created two years after the death of Reinforce. The epilogue scene of the movies is supposed to probably have occurred shortly after Rein Zwei's creation. Nanoha is well and alive in the closing scene, with no signs that her linker core meltdown has already occurred.

Which coincides with the mission where Nanoha's linker core failed, which also occurred a little over two years after Nanoha A's. I'd venture to then guess that the closing scene of the movies is between the creation of Rein Zwei, and Nanoha's linker core failure mentioned in Striker's S. Even then, I acknowledge that the closing scene of the movies may not necessarily be the beginning of the mission that led to Nanoha's linker core meltdown. And in-fact, it could have occurred after the Linker Core meltdown- but they look 12, not 14.

Let me emphasize again: this is merely wild speculation: I do not have evidence, besides the chronology, what I can remember of the anime and the manga, and the Nanoha wiki - the pages concerning Nanoha, Rein Zwei and Vita, who was with Nanoha when Nanoha's linker core failed.
To clarify something here, Nanoha's near death incident was not the result of her linker core failing. It was due to the fact that she had overworked herself constantly that during that particular mission, as Shamal put it in StrikerS, her movements were slower than normal. That slight difference in speed (and I would assume also reaction time) gave her enemies the edge against her. Her injuries from that mission were so severe she had to be hospitalized for a long time, and as also shown in StrikerS (if you were paying attention), she was in great pain when she's undergoing therapy.
Old 2013-04-15, 23:39   Link #1189
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Thus the epilogue of the movie happened before Strikers.... (as the rehabilitation took a long time...)
Old 2013-04-16, 01:00   Link #1190
novalysis

Quote:
Thus the epilogue of the movie happened before Strikers.... (as the rehabilitation took a long time...)
But the question is when? The trio do not look like 14 ,but 12. Which is why I theorize that it happened in between the creation of Rein Zwei and the incident where Nanoha was sent to rehab after getting badly wounded.

And thanks for the clarification , Hoki. It has been quite a few years since I watched Striker S so my memory is quite hazy.
Old 2013-04-16, 04:13   Link #1191
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
But the question is when? The trio do not look like 14 ,but 12. Which is why I theorize that it happened in between the creation of Rein Zwei and the incident where Nanoha was sent to rehab after getting badly wounded.

And thanks for the clarification , Hoki. It has been quite a few years since I watched Striker S so my memory is quite hazy.
Before the incident. 1 year wouldn't do to her restoration.
Old 2013-04-16, 05:29   Link #1192
novalysis

Quote:
Before the incident. 1 year wouldn't do to her restoration.
But if it was before the Incident, then this scene is a little... bittersweet. For all we know, it could be the very beginning of the mission that ended with Nanoha having to be rehabilitated- and that would be quite a horrifying proposition.

Of course, even if it wasn't, there's still the fact that such a "Happy end" will soon be followed by immense suffering in the near future. Anywhere between a few weeks and few months from this scene, Nanoha would be severely wounded.

If the third movie is going to depict that mission where Nanoha ends up almost dying, I can forsee the opening scenes actually playing out eerily similar to the second movie epilogue. If indeed, the PV of the third movie shows a 12 years old Nanoha and company, as opposed to 14 or 16 or 20, that plot may well be the never fully shown tale where Nanoha almost died.

I wonder how the third third season would have been received, had it not been a ten year time skip, but a two year time skip covering the birth of Rein Zwei, the events leading up to Nanoha getting maimed..... etc, etc...

If Nanoha pumped out as many seasons with the regularity of say, PreCure, and in chronological order, methnks we would be somewhere in the events of late Strikers S... or perhaps early Vivid just about now.
Old 2013-04-16, 12:17   Link #1193
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

lol unless you want to say after, then Nanoha would be 13 by then.... in a wheelchair.
Old 2013-04-16, 21:26   Link #1194
novalysis

Quote:
lol unless you want to say after, then Nanoha would be 13 by then.... in a wheelchair.
Which detracts from the theme of : Good Ending that the end of A's was meant to convey. After, is quite improbable - the next window of opportunity to set this scene in would be when Nanoha, Fate and Hayate are 14, not 12. They look closer to their A's self in the epilogue, than their 16 year old appearance, so I'd say it happens before Nanoha ended up severely injured.

Well, there's no such thing as Happy Ever after....

How long did Nanoha took to recover, by the way?
Old 2013-04-16, 21:31   Link #1195
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Around a year, IIRC.
Old 2013-04-16, 21:44   Link #1196
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Which detracts from the theme of : Good Ending that the end of A's was meant to convey. After, is quite improbable - the next window of opportunity to set this scene in would be when Nanoha, Fate and Hayate are 14, not 12. They look closer to their A's self in the epilogue, than their 16 year old appearance, so I'd say it happens before Nanoha ended up severely injured.

Well, there's no such thing as Happy Ever after....

How long did Nanoha took to recover, by the way?
Thus it is bittersweet, not that anyone would know that she got injured.... maybeee....
Old 2013-04-17, 01:42   Link #1197
Tormenk

Manga scene of Nanoha's incident depicted her in her younger self so it's possible the movie epilogue had gone by that time period.

StrikerS' depiction of that is more reliable for sure and iirc the recollection around Teana's incident and Vita's flashback on the Cradle matches that.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 08:36   Link #1198
Amaterasu1963

Just a note: it says on the screen "2 years later"
Amaterasu1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 10:02   Link #1199
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu1963 View Post
Just a note: it says on the screen "2 years later"
Which basically means this happened probably just a few weeks to months to Nanoha's... injuries.

The epilogue might even have happened mere hours before Nanoha would be almost killed. That would be truly sadistic, ironic, and... fitting - this might have been the last time Nanoha would be recognizably her A's self in personality and out look in life. And therefore... a perfect place to end the movie.
Old 2013-04-17, 23:05   Link #1200
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
You guys are forgetting the fact that in the movie timeline, the injury might not have happened at all...

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote