AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-16, 13:18   Link #301
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Albany
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
reply

Definitely looks to be a fun ride. Title initially made me think something a bit different was about XD
__________________
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
"Come on! I don't feel like losing!" - Johnny Ridden, The Crimson Lightning
"Hatred is the root of all war! That's common sense, boy!" - Anavel Gato, The Nightmare of Solomon
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 15:56   Link #302
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
I demand moar pics of

<---

Arty
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 18:48   Link #303
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Right, after reading the first 4-5-6-7 chapters of this. The anime clearly doesn't disappoint and I'm already wanting more. Especially more of Azuki please.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 21:48   Link #304
Anime Online
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
In anime standards, hentai ouji doesn't quite live up to his name.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 00:33   Link #305
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
In anime standards, hentai ouji doesn't quite live up to his name.
I'm curious what you were expecting then.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 01:50   Link #306
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
In anime standards, hentai ouji doesn't quite live up to his name.
I assume you mean that this "hentai" contains no "hentai"? That's basically because the English anime community bastardized the meaning of the word, and made it mean "adult/sex anime". The way they use the word in the anime is the more usual usage: pervert/perverted or maybe "sicko"/"creeper". He's the "Prince of Pervs" because of things like his fetish outbursts about Azusa's flat chest and the Track Captain's "spats", and also for having and carrying around a mostly-naked dakimakura in public (among other things...). So yeah, he is living up to his name for sure in that sense.

But yeah, people who were expecting that kind of "hentai"... less so.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 04:21   Link #307
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42° 10' N (Latitude) 87° 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That's basically because the English anime community bastardized the meaning of the word,
"Anime" itself - IMO - is bastardized too. Among many other words. Therefore, English is very good at bastardizing Japanese terms.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 04:28   Link #308
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hahaha and then when you tried to explain that ecchi (H) is what they really want to say, some would say "well ecchi (H) is probably the abbreviation for hentai".

So... he definitely lives up to his name.
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 04:42   Link #309
Assort Dis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Tsukiko's voice is way too cute. I think the seiyuu did a great job with her role here.
__________________
Assort Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 05:20   Link #310
Anime Online
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I assume you mean that this "hentai" contains no "hentai"? That's basically because the English anime community bastardized the meaning of the word, and made it mean "adult/sex anime". The way they use the word in the anime is the more usual usage: pervert/perverted or maybe "sicko"/"creeper". He's the "Prince of Pervs" because of things like his fetish outbursts about Azusa's flat chest and the Track Captain's "spats", and also for having and carrying around a mostly-naked dakimakura in public (among other things...). So yeah, he is living up to his name for sure in that sense.

But yeah, people who were expecting that kind of "hentai"... less so.

His fetish outbursts seem fairly normal to me. Isn't that what adolescent males think about? Chest size and tight clothing? I'm fairly neutral on his possession of the dakimakura. Mere possession would not, in my opinion, qualify him as a hentai, but rather it is more pertinent what he does with it. I was rather surprised this is all it takes for him to obtain the title of hentai ouji.

It's like granting someone who wins a bet the title of king of gamblers.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 07:03   Link #311
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
His fetish outbursts seem fairly normal to me. Isn't that what adolescent males think about? Chest size and tight clothing? I'm fairly neutral on his possession of the dakimakura. Mere possession would not, in my opinion, qualify him as a hentai, but rather it is more pertinent what he does with it. I was rather surprised this is all it takes for him to obtain the title of hentai ouji.
Feel free to do that so-called “fairly normal fetish outburst” in front of so many Japanese middle/highschool students like the MC when you yourself is also a student . I bet they will also slap you with some kind of a “legendary pervert” nickname afterward . And there’s a difference between what adolescent males think and say out loud in front of everyone. Also, the MC is pretty much hentai himself for spending a lot of time as a peeping-tom. Plus, the episode itself shown us that he’s the only one who went that far just to peep, right? So, your argument that he’s normal among others is kinda moot imo.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 10:50   Link #312
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
His fetish outbursts seem fairly normal to me. Isn't that what adolescent males think about? Chest size and tight clothing? I'm fairly neutral on his possession of the dakimakura. Mere possession would not, in my opinion, qualify him as a hentai, but rather it is more pertinent what he does with it. I was rather surprised this is all it takes for him to obtain the title of hentai ouji.

It's like granting someone who wins a bet the title of king of gamblers.
Are saying such things and carrying such things in public what a "normal" person would do?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 11:38   Link #313
Anime Online
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Are saying such things and carrying such things in public what a "normal" person would do?
Is it not hypocrisy to accuse him of being a hentai ouji when such thoughts are entirely common and normal? Its no better than a group of shoplifters condemning a fellow shoplifter who got caught.

His only "crime", as it is, is speaking what is hidden in the mind. If he is a hentai ouji, then just about everyone else is guilty of the same "crime". And if you are already as guilty as he, why add to your shame by turning to hypocrisy?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Feel free to do that so-called “fairly normal fetish outburst” in front of so many Japanese middle/highschool students like the MC when you yourself is also a student . I bet they will also slap you with some kind of a “legendary pervert” nickname afterward . And there’s a difference between what adolescent males think and say out loud in front of everyone. Also, the MC is pretty much hentai himself for spending a lot of time as a peeping-tom. Plus, the episode itself shown us that he’s the only one who went that far just to peep, right? So, your argument that he’s normal among others is kinda moot imo.

He's looking at girls in swimsuits at a pool. Sure, he's secretive about it, but how can that be considered being a peeping tom? In fact, being a peeping tom is defined as spying on other people's private, intimate behavior. Being at a pool does not fall under such criteria.

Last edited by Anime Online; 2013-04-17 at 11:48.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 11:47   Link #314
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Albany
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
reply

The only thing not "normal" is how he (due to the spell) simply speaks the thoughts out loud without trying to hide it, and that's only due to the spell. Seeing a guy say such things out loud right to the females' face will obviously not be seen as normal. When it comes to having the thoughts in general, however, that IS perfectly normal. I mean, how many straight boys/men DON'T think about such things at least once in a while, especially if it's right in front of them? As for carrying the doll in public. We can't forget that he did so in the middle of the night, assuming that no one would see him with it, and obviously, he didn't want people to see him with it.
__________________
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
"Come on! I don't feel like losing!" - Johnny Ridden, The Crimson Lightning
"Hatred is the root of all war! That's common sense, boy!" - Anavel Gato, The Nightmare of Solomon
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 11:54   Link #315
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Middle of nowhere, center of everywhere...
Well, it IS after his outburst that he was named "hentai ouji". Such namings wouldn't make sense on someone who isn't as "open" about such subjects as he was.
__________________
Mirai from Kyoukai no Kanata
MogMoogle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 11:57   Link #316
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Is it not hypocrisy to accuse him of being a hentai ouji when such thoughts are entirely common and normal? Its no better than a group of shoplifters condemning a fellow shoplifter who got caught.

His only "crime", as it is, is speaking what is hidden in the mind. If he is a hentai ouji, then just about everyone else is guilty of the same "crime". And if you are already as guilty as he, why add to your shame by turning to hypocrisy?
Saying such things in public is the part of being a pervert. All you're doing is trying to force your apologist way of looking at the situation.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 12:08   Link #317
Anime Online
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Saying such things in public is the part of being a pervert. All you're doing is trying to force your apologist way of looking at the situation.
All I see is that it does not fall under societal norms to proclaim his preference of what turns him on. People don't normally do that, there's no argument there. My point is that his preference is so normal that I can't see how he qualifies as being a pervert.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 12:12   Link #318
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
Tsukiko's voice is way too cute. I think the seiyuu did a great job with her role here.
I agree. Her seiyuu is OGURA Yui 小倉唯, who is half of the singing duo YuiKaori ゆいかおり. She has been an idol since her early teens and is still just 17. Her dancing was digitized as the basis for Hatsune Miku's Project Diva. Her range as a seiyuu isn't wide, but she does what she does very effectively.
Images
Ogura Yui pic, 2 YuiKaori interview videos
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 12:50   Link #319
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
All I see is that it does not fall under societal norms to proclaim his preference of what turns him on. People don't normally do that, there's no argument there. My point is that his preference is so normal that I can't see how he qualifies as being a pervert.
His acting out of societal norms is why he's labelled a pervert.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:05   Link #320
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
He's looking at girls in swimsuits at a pool. Sure, he's secretive about it, but how can that be considered being a peeping tom? In fact, being a peeping tom is defined as spying on other people's private, intimate behavior. Being at a pool does not fall under such criteria.
Do understand that I was using the term “peeping tom” very loosely. The fact remains that he deliberately watching something he shouldn’t. That’s why he got nervous that he got found out doing it in the first place (so even the MC himself realized that he was at fault for it). Even if you scratch my point about peeping tom, my first three lines in my previous post already enough to counter your argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
All I see is that it does not fall under societal norms to proclaim his preference of what turns him on. People don't normally do that, there's no argument there. My point is that his preference is so normal that I can't see how he qualifies as being a pervert.
You may see what he does as normal, but the Japanese see Yokodera’s outburst as being openly pervert and that’s all that matters. You can’t force what you perceived as “normal” to the Japanese society and blaming this anime for being “not hentai enough” (according to you). Yokodera was “labelled” like that exactly because he states his lewd thoughts out loud in public. Yes, we all know that almost all boys have lewd thoughts, but once again, Yokodera was “labelled” exactly because he’s doing what others don’t and speak his perverted mind out-loud.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, harem, romantic comedy, seinen, supernatural, tsundere

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.