AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-17, 15:48   Link #25121
Rovert10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
As for Level 6, I assume that it is essentially something similar to an Angel. The stronger an esper gets the more like an angel-like they appear, I doubt that's a coincidence. Especially since this is only true for espers, not magicians who follow a different "path to power".
Accelerator in awkened form already hits the power of an Angel. He's still a level 5 though not level 6.

Level 6 is where you essentially become GOD. Level 6 is full understanding of the system and a higher plane of existence.

Magic seems to have already reached that point with Fiamma becoming an existance higher than God or the Majin Odin.
Rovert10 is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 15:57   Link #25122
Javiersansano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Accelerator in awkened form already hits the power of an Angel. He's still a level 5 though not level 6.

Level 6 is where you essentially become GOD. Level 6 is full understanding of the system and a higher plane of existence.

Magic seems to have already reached that point with Fiamma becoming an existance higher than God or the Majin Odin.
Please, stop right where you are. Fiamma did reach La persona superiore a dio, and attcked Touma when the latter had already lost his rigt arm. The Invisible Thing bysected Fiamma attack, and when Fiamma detected its presence, he almost shitted his pants out of fear.

Othinus voiced her dissappointment, mocked and crushed The Invisible Thing.

How is it that La Persona Superiore A Dio > Majin Othinus?
Javiersansano is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 16:07   Link #25123
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Magic seems to have already reached that point with Fiamma becoming an existence higher than God.
That's what he thought, but dunno about that...

Drunk with power =/= higher than god... unless it's a pun I guess.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 16:30   Link #25124
moridin84
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ireland
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Accelerator in awakened form already hits the power of an Angel. He's still a level 5 though not level 6.
He fought alongside Fuse=KAZAKIRI against Gabriel and was unable to defeat him until Acqua interfered.
__________________
Gangnam style parody done by yours truely.
Well I was involved anyway. The dude who can't dance.
moridin84 is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 16:38   Link #25125
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 22
^ He wasn't awakened at that time ... He was awakened when he stopped Fiamma's life-wiping strike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
She would be able to give someone any power she wanted at any time she wanted and she would be able to rob someone of any power she wanted at any place she wanted. If she wanted to, she could increase the number of Level 5s or she could strip any opposing esper, even the Number One known as Accelerator, of their Personal Realities and then kill them while they were defenseless.

Quoted from the Light Novel itself.

She can even affect Accelerator.
Angelerator =/= Accelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Why not? It's not like she's giving them her juice to grow.
-_- ... just like how a human engineer can't create a godlike omniscient supercomputer, just like how Aureolus can't create a vampire even though he can technically do whatever he can think of ; a simple lv5 would never be able to emulate something beyond them, something they don't even know, something they can't reach or even comprehend, something so big it's comparable to God's intelligence unless they have God's intelligence themselves.
Seriously if she can create a level 6 I'm pretty sure that person from vol 22 would have screamed it all over the place, already.
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 16:43   Link #25126
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Angelerator =/= Accelerator
Because Accelerator walks around with wings all the time now.

It's not like he turns it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
-_- ... just like how a human engineer can't create a godlike omniscient supercomputer, just like how Aureolus can't create a vampire even though he can technically do whatever he can think of ; a simple lv5 would never be able to emulate something beyond them, something they don't even know, something they can't reach or even comprehend, something so big it's comparable to God's intelligence unless they have God's intelligence themselves.
Seriously if she can create a level 6 I'm pretty sure that person from vol 22 would have screamed it all over the place, already.
But she would not be just a simple Level 5, if there is even such a thing as a simple Level 5.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 16:51   Link #25127
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because Accelerator walks around with wings all the time now.

It's not like he turns it off.
I don't understand anymore, let me sleep already ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But she would not be just a simple Level 5, if there is even such a thing as a simple Level 5.
A simple level 5 ... I'm not sure if that's a false friend or not so I'll use the term a mere level 5 instead to be more accurate. But either way, the gap between a God and something that isn't even an Angel isn't something you can fill by being a bit "special".
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 17:47   Link #25128
moridin84
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ireland
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ He wasn't awakened at that time ... He was awakened when he stopped Fiamma's life-wiping strike.
Oh right you mean then.

He was certainly much stronger at that time, that doesn't mean he measures up to an angel.
__________________
Gangnam style parody done by yours truely.
Well I was involved anyway. The dude who can't dance.
moridin84 is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 19:57   Link #25129
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
I think that if Takitsubo was capable of making level 6s than Aliester would have had a much tighter hold on her than he did. He did go ahead and let her progress get messed up by that drug. If all she can do is make a bunch of level 5s than it makes more sense for him to not control her so much (as far as we know Aliester doesn't need any other level 5s for his plans although the other higher ups do).
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 20:07   Link #25130
Rovert10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Oh right you mean then.

He was certainly much stronger at that time, that doesn't mean he measures up to an angel.
Regardless reaching level 6 is becoming something much more than an Angel.

This is noted back in volume 3.

Spoiler for Volume 3 Quote:

Even in Magic, God's place is not defined as noted by Index. That's where religion would come into play.
However Level 6 would be Science's way of reaching there.
Rovert10 is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 20:24   Link #25131
cleed
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
On the behalf of someone on /a/ can anybody here at least try to answer some of these questions? No theories please just what has been taken from the story.

Spoiler for ?:

Last edited by cleed; 2013-04-17 at 21:19.
cleed is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 20:37   Link #25132
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
I answered all the non-rude ones

Spoiler for ?:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 20:40   Link #25133
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Why not? It's not like she's giving them her juice to grow.
IMO, it's because level 6 is just a hypothesis right now. No one knows what a level 6 is. If the requirement for being a level 6 is just AIM power, why is accel not a level 6 yet even though he's way ahead of the other level 5 after his power up? Even before that, there ever been an explanation on hiw they decide on the level? For all we know, it could be that the level is something Aleister decide based on how useful an esper is to his goal. If so, maybe level 6 is something that's out of reach from all the current esper until they think outside the box(something like the mix of science and new kind of magic probably?)
kuroishinigami is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 20:41   Link #25134
Haigon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Recife
Half of those questions don't have answers yet.
Haigon is offline  
Old 2013-04-17, 22:47   Link #25135
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
I'm pretty convinced those questions are just a troll attempt; as if coming from /a/ isn't a big enough hint.


I'll answer one question though- Aleister doesn't want espers to create an army, he wants them for their AIM... Magicians don't have AIM.

EDIT:

I'll answer another on since I'm in the mood- Othnius wanted a specimen that is untouched by magic and academy city science, naturally Kakine being an esper made by the city would not be ideal.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2013-04-18, 04:26   Link #25136
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Why do you say that Angelerator isn't a god and even has to god no relation though it was declared that Angelerator- "The One Who Wields the Power of God" ??
I don't understand your logic if it isn't difficult to you, explain to me.

And the next moment. You know that Accelerator partially studies magic unlike other espers (or learns about magic). He even has abilities to it. He obviously has potential to full understanding of the world as well as to formation by god. I think he not for nothing is the №1 esper. Kamachi will still give him a chance to develop. Maybe he will be able to easily use magic as well as esper abilities.
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline  
Old 2013-04-18, 07:04   Link #25137
Javiersansano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Regardless reaching level 6 is becoming something much more than an Angel.

This is noted back in volume 3.

Spoiler for Volume 3 Quote:

Even in Magic, God's place is not defined as noted by Index. That's where religion would come into play.
However Level 6 would be Science's way of reaching there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
.

If the idea behind the Aeon of Horus is "Freedom", is is freedom from the laws? In other words, Aiwass is so strong because he is free from existencial laws, perhaps creating his.own laws, hence the quoing from The Book of the Law, and that means that Aleister also wants to attain that freedom.

Then, Accel and Kakine are the Level 6 candidates because they have the power to understand any law come in contact with, and bring to or create into this world new laws, RESPECTIVELY?

Finally, is.it.possible.to make a.parallel between the Icon theory and the scientific laws/axioms/theories, and that magicians and espers must understand and have faith one of them?
By reading the Vol. 3 quote, and checking my previous posts, I can infer that La Persona Superiore a Dio is an outdated concept; the one who attains that title can probably imitate and exceed God's miracles within the laws of the sphere/circle/level (in terms of the Sephirot) were humans live.

If the idea behind Aeon of Horus is freedom, its probably freedom from the SYSTEM or the Sephirot... what Aiwass probably achieved, ergo, he was created within the boundaries created by God, but surpassed the limits (sephirot and the laws within each level) imposed by God.

The Magic side doesn't understand what God is, and is dependant on the Icon Theory. In other words, because they don't even try to understand the laws that rule over the Sephirot, the Science side can't grasp the idea of going outside the sephirot because it draws its power from beings that exist within the sephirot

The Science side operates acording to theories humans create to try to comprehend the laws or axioms of how the universe/SYSTEM works. But unlike the Magic side, it tries to comprehend the SYSTEM and its laws, instead of just letting things work out along the parameters of the laws the rule over the levels of SYSTEM. Therefore, the sciende side has a better chance to attain "FREEDOM"

what I still don't understand is how the MAJIN destroyed the Invisible thing, if La Persona Superiore a Dio, which supposedly is superior to MAJIN, did not even try to attack The Invisible Thing.

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2013-04-18 at 12:09. Reason: missed one word
Javiersansano is offline  
Old 2013-04-18, 07:16   Link #25138
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
what I still don't understand is how the MAJIN destroyed the Invisible thing, if La Persona Superiore a Dio, which supposedly is superior to MAJIN, did not even try to attack The Invisible Thing.

Because of her infinite possibility.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2013-04-18, 07:21   Link #25139
Javiersansano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because of her infinite possibility.
I get the thing about 50-50... she got lucky, but at the time Fiamma "watched/sensed/detected" what was sealed in Touma's arm, he realized he would lose, and in at least one instance, La Persona Superiore a Dio has been stated to be superior to Majin
Javiersansano is offline  
Old 2013-04-18, 07:29   Link #25140
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
I get the thing about 50-50... she got lucky, but at the time Fiamma "watched/sensed/detected" what was sealed in Touma's arm, he realized he would lose, and in at least one instance, La Persona Superiore a Dio has been stated to be superior to Majin
Firstly, which instance? Quote for me.

Secondly, according to Crowley, Fiamma had been using an 'outdated version' ie. the Aeon of Osiris so we know it was not really the best condition.

Thirdly, Fiamma's knowledge of magic is arguably less than a Majin, after all he had to rely on Index to even use his ability without limit. And as we all know, knowledge is power here. Maybe it's less about who has the more haxx power, but rather who came more prepared.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.