AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-26, 00:09   Link #541
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
No, its more like two halves just rejoined. The Dark side well is her memories of hate, all the good and memories that Yuuko had with Teiichi is still there. The next couple of chapters will show the reaction of both Yuuko and Teiichi. Yuuko and Teiichi loves each other, now they are saying to themselves "I allowed my beloved to experience that", in general moments like these defines a couple. Sometimes lies are made to protect the person you loved, but if Yuuko and Teiichi really do love each other then need to accept the experience. Its going to be interesting, also we are only in vol 7. It still goes to volume 8 and is ongoing as well, so there are more conflicts after this.

There is generally no wait time, it just that translation are coming out slowly. Information is from Baka-Updates.
Generally it's a given that when an amnesiac recovers her memories and past self, the person becomes a mix of their current personality and their old one.

The question is which persona will have the bigger influence: the spiteful Yuuko or the Yuuko Teiichi knew? I know Yuuko isn't suddenly going to forget him, but I can't imagine her staying as the happy-go-lucky girl she usually is around him anymore either.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-03-26 at 00:36.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 00:28   Link #542
NeutralZero

^It will depend on how the male MC handle that form of revelation...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 01:09   Link #543
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The question is which persona will have the bigger influence: the spiteful Yuuko or the Yuuko Teiichi knew? I know Yuuko isn't suddenly going to forget him, but I can't imagine her staying as the happy-go-lucky girl she usually is around him anymore either.
I loved how the "new" Yuuko had a slightly different air than usual. It's obvious that she is going to choose "love" rather than "hate" in the end, but that doesn't exactly point out how she is going to act right now.

Being angry at Teichii "because he made me remember" doesn't really fit her, being more focused on Yukariko rather than Teichii "now" is actually a possibility. Teichii is probably going to empathize more with her since "he saw everything", unless regret or guilt hold him back temporarily.
Old 2013-03-26, 02:04   Link #544
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Wow. Just, WOW. I just came back from putting the manga on hold and going through the Shadow's Memories chapters made me remember most of what I liked about this series.

Especially Chapter 41. Damn, the chapter is even more powerful while listening to "Requiem".

Although some details, minor ones and significant ones alike, were changed, the story which the anime had led us ahead of the manga is still there. Would the next few chapters fully align the story with the anime's? I seriously can't wait.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 02:06   Link #545
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Wow. Just, WOW. I just came back from putting the manga on hold and going through the Shadow's Memories chapters made me remember most of what I liked about this series.

Especially Chapter 41. Damn, the chapter is even more powerful while listening to "Requiem".

Although some details, minor ones and significant ones alike, were changed, the story which the anime had led us ahead of the manga is still there. Would the next few chapters fully align the story with the anime's? I seriously can't wait.
Yea, I've been having the habit of listening to Requiem during most of the recent chapters. xD

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 02:31   Link #546
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Whoever composed that song, kudos to him. It fits both the anime and manga series so well that it's ridiculous!

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 05:19   Link #547
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

You just had to mention that song did you.......

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

As for this chapter, i don't know which is much sadder. The anime where a dying Yuko tries not to blame anyone for her death while Teiichi watches or the manga where she loses her sanity and blames everything and everyone for her demise.
Old 2013-03-26, 11:29   Link #548
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
As for this chapter, i don't know which is much sadder. The anime where a dying Yuko tries not to blame anyone for her death while Teiichi watches or the manga where she loses her sanity and blames everything and everyone for her demise.
Personally, the manga version makes her character seem more human than the anime one (mind you I loved the anime version).

Old 2013-03-26, 15:39   Link #549
yuzen003

Yuuko's always had a multi faceted personality, I don't see any contradiction with continuing to love Teiichi and hating Yukariko post merger. If there was ever a valid reason for a ghost to have a grudge having you killed is about as good a reason as I can think of, even with the integrated personality Yukariko still killed her for a superstition.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 21:45   Link #550
Okashira
Honos628

So, chapter 42 raw is out there already....

Spoiler for 42:

Last edited by Okashira; 2013-04-18 at 11:14.
Okashira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 03:20   Link #551
Okashira
Honos628

Spoiler:

42 scanlated. Can we say it's a pretty big clue on how this is going to end?
Old 2013-05-01, 03:25   Link #552
Shadow5YA

So does that mean Yuuko possessed him for the past three days for that flashback?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 03:35   Link #553
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author

Spoiler for latest chapter:
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 05:00   Link #554
Seitsuki
Onee!

Oh.. hell no. It can't end. Not like this.

I won't accept it.
Old 2013-05-01, 05:15   Link #555
ragez2010
TamingSari

raw chapter 43 already out if someone wondering if chapter 42 is the end.
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:50   Link #556
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I.........I actually want the anime ending now :|

Old 2013-05-01, 12:29   Link #557
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ I wonder how many people feel the same way now? This is exactly why we can't have nice ghost girlfriends...

Also, I have a feeling that Niiya's first child will be a girl... >.> Just sayin'
Old 2013-05-01, 12:32   Link #558
Soji

Tempest35@ I have the same feeling.
Well, will be interesting see the next ch.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 12:33   Link #559
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So... was there an "owari" (written in kana, of course) at the end of 43?

EDIT: Since I didn't see Soji's post. I'm guessing that we still have another chapter or two left?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 14:52   Link #560
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
So... was there an "owari" (written in kana, of course) at the end of 43?

EDIT: Since I didn't see Soji's post. I'm guessing that we still have another chapter or two left?
Spoiler:

Tsuzuku

Nah. When a series is going to end, it's usually announced in advance in a related magazine some time before hand (how many times have you seen "xx to end in xx" threads in baka updates some months before the series actually finishes?). In fact sometimes the very same chapters have something like "next month, the ending" in some cases.

Based on that logic, there is the possibility that there are at least more than 3 chapters before this ends (of course the square magazine could pretty much not follow that logic, buy oh well), the current flow of things made it pretty obvious that the actual focus of the ending is going to be Niiya reuniting with Yuuko, rather than Yuuko forgiving her past (notice how Yuuko left in regret, even though she was forcing herself to be satisfied with her fate. There is no way that her last moments are going to be like that (which one could argue would be technically even worse than her in-life last moments)).

In fact, I wouldn't even be surprised if after this we get a whole new, short mystery related to Yuuko's existence or disappearance now that she has moved on.

Volume 9 comes out 6/22

--------------- BTW, about 49

Spoiler:

Last edited by Okashira; 2013-05-01 at 15:24.
Okashira is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, mystery, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural