AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-17, 22:30   Link #101
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Actually, it's 12 episodes.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 23:44   Link #102
melina_putri

I hope they aren't following Code: Breaker footsteps. I don't really mind rushed adaptations compared to what happened to it.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:16   Link #103
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well only 12 that wouldnt make it very far in the manga and im reading threw viz I was hoping this would replace Fairy Tail I just hope it wont be like the crap of Code Breaker
Old 2013-04-19, 15:18   Link #104
Bern-san

I was surprised to see Hiruko although that sort of confirms that no Yorunami arc (not like I was expecting with the reduced number of episodes but still...). In other times this would have gotten at least 50 episodes. I mean Fushigi Yuugi had its 18 volumes adapted with 52 episodes + 3 episode OVAs (I'm not even counting the anime-original ones where Miaka is pregnant).

Akachi had some quality faces during the episode I agree that there's something about Kotoha's seiyuu that still doesn't click.

BTW, the last chapter of Genbu Kaiden was translated and it included an interview with Yuu Watase. They ask her about Arata and the anime adaptation, it certainly gives the impression that she wasn't involved much with the anime staff.

I don't think the anime is going to portray the complexity of most of the characters, my prediction is that they're going to take certain elements from different arc and mix it with an anime-original ending.
Old 2013-04-24, 08:43   Link #105
melina_putri

A recent ANN interview confirmed this series is only 12 episodes.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ata-the-legend

I don't understand the higher ups in Japan. Magi is running in same magazine as Arata in Japan and it got 25 episodes and even a 2nd season but they only give Arata which has more manga chapters than it only 12 episodes.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 08:57   Link #106
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina_putri View Post

I don't understand the higher ups in Japan. Magi is running in same magazine as Arata in Japan and it got 25 episodes and even a 2nd season but they only give Arata which has more manga chapters than it only 12 episodes.
It's probably because of the popularity Magi is way more popular than Arata and studios doesn't want to take a risk with a 2-cour series if it doesn't sell well.
Old 2013-04-28, 16:39   Link #107
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina_putri View Post

Shoot!! Just when I was getting into the anime. It takes a while before anime gets given a second season right?

I just watched episode 2 and its starting to get good

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 18:01   Link #108
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I just hope they follow it well enough and we get a second season out of it. It did end up being a manga I really enjoyed reading so would be nice to see a lot of my favorite moments actually animated here.

All I really ask is no crazy anime original ending that kills any hope of seeing more.
Old 2013-04-29, 22:31   Link #109
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Arata = Megaman?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 23:38   Link #110
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Arata = Megaman?
Appears to be. He defeated Tsutsuga in more than one way and seemed to gain his power. I like that kind of mechanic being used. Makes the MC more adaptive and gives more options.

I will say props to Arata. While he's been betrayed himself, he doesn't want to do that to others. Wanting to respond to the trust that's been placed in him. And at the core even though he was betrayed by his friend, he still wanted to believe in him.

Certainly makes Hinohara a bit more suitable to this situation than say the other Arata. This guy having been betrayed himself (though certainly not to the deadly extreme of Tsutsuga) he could sympathize with him. Sometimes that's a bit better than simply beating the crap out of someone.
Old 2013-04-30, 03:17   Link #111
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I'm only watching this because of Kotoha.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 10:40   Link #112
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I'm only watching this because of Kotoha.
She's very lovely, isn't she? I liker her dedication and her absolute trust in Arata.

Arata's powers have fully awakened and he gained another hayagami. He's going to need it if he wants to go up against the twelve Shos. Didn't like the conclusion of the arc much, with the prisoners all turning up alive... that's pretty sappy.
Old 2013-05-01, 19:32   Link #113
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Even with Watase Yuu, someone can still say "I'm only watching it for the girl." I guess anything's possible...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 05:10   Link #114
Bern-san

I don't know if you can say it about the anime adaptation but at least the manga you can keep sticking for the ladies and Watase does include more fanservice with the female characters than with male ones (the first time we saw Kotoha she was naked).

Sad that Seo is not appearing in the anime At least next episode we'll have some Kannagi focus
Old 2013-05-02, 08:57   Link #115
Kirarakim

Actually this is a bit weird for me because in Fushigi Yuugi I mainly enjoyed it for the side characters but in this series I find the side characters all sort of cliche.

I like Arata and his character development a lot though (the one who is now in the fantasy world).

Kotoha is nice and all but my issue with her besides cheering on Arata there isn't much depth to her character. Of course that could change later on.
Old 2013-05-03, 11:09   Link #116
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Even with Watase Yuu, someone can still say "I'm only watching it for the girl." I guess anything's possible...
Once upon a time, when I was watching Fushigi Yuugi, I told one of my friends that I was only watching it because of Chiriko, then I found out that he was actually a boy.

at least this time, I'm quite sure I'm watching a Watase Yuu series "for the girl". lol.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 00:25   Link #117
CJ_Walker

Wow I'm shocked this is only going to be 12 episodes. . .oh well

as the story goes on, the quality becomes less and less and the story drags on and on. . .

not much is lost from not adapting the rest of it.

not like Magi which is ACTUALLY GOOD.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 00:29   Link #118
Irenesharda

I'm a Watase fan so I really enjoy the manga. It is silly sometimes and nowhere near her best work and yes recently it has been dragging. However I still enjoy it for Watase's signature dark moments and emotional roller-coasters.

The anime is okay, but I have no idea why it's so short. At this pace I really doubt they will even be able to get to my favorite Shinsho arcs of Sky and Earth.

I'll keep watching, but the show's nothing really special.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 00:34   Link #119
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Things are definitely moving along.

Can't exactly feel that bad for Kannagi, though do feel bad for the guys working for him. He and the rest of them decided to create this situation by attempting that assassination. So, in the end it's Kannagi's own fault for getting too distracted by Arata and forgetting that a civil war is about to break out thanks to him.
Old 2013-05-10, 11:12   Link #120
andromeda0201

Episode 5 started to hook me but knowing that only 12 episodes are planned is really quite a turn-off, seeing that this does have the potential to be a fantasy epic
It's refreshing seeing a male protagonist from Watase's works though, might look into the manga soon.
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arata, watase yuu