AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-16, 09:18   Link #6241
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
Ok I have been working on a theory as to who the king of the end might be and how the king of the end will be defeated. Let me get everyone’s opinion on it.
Spoiler for contins information from vol 13 + it's long:
Hmm!! your theory makes sense. And you explained well. I might believe the same thing!
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 09:22   Link #6242
kazzuya13

Quote:
Ok I have been working on a theory as to who the king of the end might be and how the king of the end will be defeated. Let me get everyone’s opinion on it.
Spoiler for contins information from vol 13 + it's long:

I think Godou would not kill the king of the end. I think he would let him go. just like he did with Athena
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 09:42   Link #6243
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I think Godou would not kill the king of the end. I think he would let him go. just like he did with Athena
I think I understand why you say that, since Godou is gentle. But with the King of the end, it's a different story, he will have to kill him.
Old 2013-04-16, 10:14   Link #6244
Nihgthawk

Quote:
I would have to disagree with you strongly here. If Godou beat the king of the end and let him get away the king of the end would just go and attack one of the other campione. While Godou could careless about the likes of Voban, he would be very upset with himself if the king of the end went and attacked John Pluto Smith or Lu Hao and killed them.
Plus he has attacked other gods in the past and killed them, thou he does show some regret killing the female goddess (Lancelot and Circe). But ultimately the king of the end will be a god that does not allow for any other outcome but for one of them to die.
Spoiler for Spoiler?:

Last edited by Nihgthawk; 2013-04-16 at 10:28.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 10:31   Link #6245
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Fa.. Fast... how fast..
just a hour ago I just find V14C2 just 60%, and just now it's already 80%....

well thanks a lot for translating...
Old 2013-04-16, 10:57   Link #6246
kazzuya13

Quote:
I would have to disagree with you strongly here. If Godou beat the king of the end and let him get away the king of the end would just go and attack one of the other campione. While Godou could careless about the likes of Voban, he would be very upset with himself if the king of the end went and attacked John Pluto Smith or Lu Hao and killed them.
Plus he has attacked other gods in the past and killed them, thou he does show some regret killing the female goddess (Lancelot and Circe). But ultimately the king of the end will be a god that does not allow for any other outcome but for one of them to die.
Spoiler for Spoiler?:
Remember in the maid story in Godou's dream he saw the king of the end and he looks like he doesn't want to fight and has already grown tired of battle. That is the reason why he sleep in someplace that those who seek him will not see.
Old 2013-04-16, 11:49   Link #6247
Yye1
Wide Right

Just read vol 13, the hime mikos' reaction to Godou was hilarious

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 11:51   Link #6248
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Remember in the maid story in Godou's dream he saw the king of the end and he looks like he doesn't want to fight and has already grown tired of battle. That is the reason why he sleep in someplace that those who seek him will not see.
No if anything that solidifies it for me that Godou will deal a finishing blow to the king of the end.

"I, have long sought defeat." These were the words never spoken but always yearned for by the heretic god Verethragna. Always striving for victory no matter the opponent and giving his all seeking the one thing he yearned for but could never obtain on his own, defeat.

Thus I think what the king of the end yearns for is what all true soldiers and heroes yearn for, peace. This is why the king of the end went into a state of hibernation and did not wish to be reawakened by the divine ancestors. He had found peace in his slumber.

But what he has obtained is only a temporary rest and all rest eventually will lead to an awakening. Thus as a soldier his place is on the the battlefield forever fighting, forever at war. That's why Godou will fight the king of the end with all he has to kill him. For as the adage goes "Only the dead have seen the end of war."

Last edited by Nihgthawk; 2013-04-16 at 12:06.
Old 2013-04-16, 12:03   Link #6249
kazzuya13

By the way most of the "Steel" always end up as hero. So that means that the king of the end is also a hero.
Old 2013-04-16, 17:48   Link #6250
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I always think that the fact that Godou never seem to get any new authority is because that he's fated to be one broken campione because he'll be able to get the authority of king of the end.

Quote:
I have a problem at fist considering that Mars is supposed to be a war-frenzy god since the king of the end seem to be someone who hates war based on what I've read so far... but then I remember that heretic god tends to have different personality than the myth.

So maybe you're right?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 21:09   Link #6251
Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
That would mean Jesus is a campione that he defeated
I am more thinking that what if king of the end was originally campione that become one after killing real god that is not heretic and later he become heretic god.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 00:40   Link #6252
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I have a problem at fist considering that Mars is supposed to be a war-frenzy god since the king of the end seem to be someone who hates war based on what I've read so far... but then I remember that heretic god tends to have different personality than the myth.

So maybe you're right?
You are thinking of Ares if you are thinking of a war-frenzy god. Mars was a more military like war god that focused on power.
Old 2013-04-17, 10:09   Link #6253
XFire
150% done

I'm imagining the confrontation between Godou and the King of the End.

Setting: KOE wakes up and descends, but instead of doing anything just wanders around Japan. He meets Godou working at the bar mentioned in vol 8.

Spoiler for conversation:
Old 2013-04-17, 23:58   Link #6254
chrono25

the king of the end is mentioned by Susanoo 'Hold your temper. Regarding that brat, this seems to say the king is young in looks and dont forget the king is supposed to be king arthur of myth so mars can be a possible choice but there is probably another gods name besides that one since he transcends cultures and it is mentioned that the gods of steel or at least some of them have imperfect versions of the king of the end's powers so he might be someone whose origins go back way further then the roman god of war but since a lot of the gods seen so far are greek at least in part of their origin we could be dealing with a titan who has steel qualities.
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:55   Link #6255
golem517

my guess the king of the end is Gilgamesh
golem517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 03:35   Link #6256
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
the king of the end is mentioned by Susanoo 'Hold your temper. Regarding that brat, this seems to say the king is young in looks and dont forget the king is supposed to be king arthur of myth so mars can be a possible choice but there is probably another gods name besides that one since he transcends cultures and it is mentioned that the gods of steel or at least some of them have imperfect versions of the king of the end's powers so he might be someone whose origins go back way further then the roman god of war but since a lot of the gods seen so far are greek at least in part of their origin we could be dealing with a titan who has steel qualities.
Concerning this part: "dont forget the king is supposed to be king arthur of myth", I think it is said that, but the King of the end is not King Arthur as Lancelot was not the "Lancelot du Lac" in the myth of King Arthur.
So to find the identity of the King of the end, search on the side of "Lancelot" that Godou defeated, not Lancelot of the round table in King Arthur's myth.
While searching on this, the only conclusion is that the King of the end might be Mars.
Old 2013-04-18, 09:24   Link #6257
Nihgthawk

So I have a request. Can anyone translate this 八人目の神殺し it's the title of the 14 volume as listed on baka-tsuki and its been bugging me for a awhile now. Google translates it as "God killing of eight human eye" if that helps at all.
Old 2013-04-18, 09:34   Link #6258
zzhk
Summary Machine

Florza already did:
Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post
Pardon the interruption to your daily banter on this thread—I bring breaking news.

The title of Campione V14 is "The 8th Godslayer".

Edit: For the guy below
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/schedule/
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 09:43   Link #6259
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Florza already did:
thanks must have missed the post.
Old 2013-04-18, 10:03   Link #6260
Fwarlord

I just reread older volumes and found out something: They said there was a rumor that Michael Jackson will come back to life and become the savior of the world. Will that make him a heretic god? It would be very funny to have him magnify as one.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem