AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-17, 00:10   Link #241
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The top of the world.
Age: 25
We don't know that for sure. There is a greater chance he stayed until he could to see if Obito will fail/betray him.
__________________
My Twitter account! Thanks to Godlike1889 for the sig!
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 01:04   Link #242
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Still wondering where the heck they stashed Anko...

Seems like Anko, like Sakura, has been forgotten.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 03:24   Link #243
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
We don't know that for sure. There is a greater chance he stayed until he could to see if Obito will fail/betray him.
No. Just no... he clearly died at the end of ch 606. The second Obito returned after the Rin manipulation, Madara knew he had him on his side and that he could die knowing Obito would follow his lead. Then he died and let Obito become the new 'Madara'
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 05:00   Link #244
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The top of the world.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
No. Just no... he clearly died at the end of ch 606. The second Obito returned after the Rin manipulation, Madara knew he had him on his side and that he could die knowing Obito would follow his lead. Then he died and let Obito become the new 'Madara'
Maybe, but we do not actually have facts that is what happen. Tho it probably is.
__________________
My Twitter account! Thanks to Godlike1889 for the sig!
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 10:15   Link #245
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Still wondering where the heck they stashed Anko...

Seems like Anko, like Sakura, has been forgotten.
She was in the cave where they fought Kabuto. Since she wasn't with them when they left, one can assume she's still in said cave.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:04   Link #246
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
So...

They left her in a cave with Kabuto.

...When has ever leaving a defenseless Anko with a crazy Kabuto ever ended well? Sure he lost a lot of power but Anko has been beaten up for quite awhile.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 20:54   Link #247
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
I hope so as the worst case scenario is he forgets completely about her or kills her off off panel.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 23:26   Link #248
JustRob
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I really hope we don't see Kabuto again. I hate the character. He's always been an overconfident prick, even against opponents who clearly outmatch him. Not to mention his twisted (almost gay) obsession with Orochimaru makes me barf.

His backstory has been told, he played his part in the war, we know everything there is to know about him, now please let him die.
__________________
The betrayal you can see is trivial. What is truly fearsome, is the betrayal you don't see.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:04   Link #249
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I hope so as the worst case scenario is he forgets completely about her or kills her off off panel.
He got his flashback and there were people waiting him coming back to the orphanage, so there's a possibility he will become a good guy and lead the orphanage. Near the end of the manga the theme will probably be if people can accept others despite they did bad things in the past, that is can you forgive someone, or otherwise there won't be peace and all the stuff that Jiraiya talked about to Naruto. And if not only Sasuke gets to be forgiven for whatever he did but it works also between villages and kages and others then it can work in case of Kabuto too. Kabuto being stuck in a loop like that seems to be an extreme method to mentally change someone, that is he either becomes crazy or becomes a good guy, an extreme method fitting Itachi's way of dealing with people So i think that the flashback and Itachi's jutsu are a hint that Kabuto may become a good guy in the end despite he was a bad guy from the beginning. Also don't forget that Kabuto also rarely did good things, for example he healed both Sakura and Hinata. Also in the flashback he seems to forced by fate to do things, he is forced by Danzou to become a spy then he falls under Orochimaru's influence, and in this chapter even Orochimaru tells that Kabuto only tried to imitate him. So the story seems to suggest that we can think of Kabuto as another victim like Itachi, he was even compared to the good guy Itachi when fighting him. Also Orochimaru didn't kill him off, neither did Sasuke or Suigetsu, which means the author has a purpose with him, and it would be pointless to let him live just to be killed or thrown in jail by some random alliance ninja. Also Orochi removed his snake chakra from Kabuto, so he's a human again, that is another hint.

So i think he will save Anko and others he can, and if later these others who he even saved in the end turn against him it will be only to have Naruto another scene where he has a speech to these people to let Kabuto go.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:33   Link #250
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Wasn't Anko squeezed of her chakra?
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 15:43   Link #251
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
given what we know to this point how likely is it that Madara used Izanagi against hashirama and the eyes given to nagato were his real original eyes?

also im thinking, that sasuke having EMS is pretty much telling us that he will also get the rinnegan...guaranteed
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 17:30   Link #252
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
given what we know to this point how likely is it that Madara used Izanagi against hashirama and the eyes given to nagato were his real original eyes?

also im thinking, that sasuke having EMS is pretty much telling us that he will also get the rinnegan...guaranteed
it's probable given hashirama's strong belief that he killed madara, but the eye timeline is funky. he must have kept his original eyes regardless since he gave them to nagato later, but he also must have had them in his own head after VotE because he still needed to develop rinnegan with hashirama's cells. also when obito met him he only had 1 eye, so i assume he used izanagi for something between VotE and the time obito showed up with his replacement set after giving his original set to nagato. i dont know really, but i hope it adds up... madara using a fission technique to escape hashirama seems like the less convoluted option
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 19:38   Link #253
Sasukemaru
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
That one sharingan Madara had as a old man was not his original eye tho...He had already given his eyes to Nagato at that point. He could of had 1 eye for a number of reasons...Maybe that's all he could salvage off the unfortunate Uchiha he stole it from? Who knows, as of right now it's not anymore relevant then wondering why orochimaru didn't just implant a sharingan and save himself a lot of trouble.

I doubt he used izanagi fighting hashirama, because both of his eyes were still functional for Nagato...one of them would have been useless otherwise.

I think it's more likely Madara "died" in that fight much in the same way Jiraiya did against Pain, only to will himself back up.

I don't think he used some method to outsmart hashi, i think he was more or less left for dead before the real final blow could be delivered.

And old Madara died when he took himself off gedo life support, kishi really didn't leave that to imagination...That topic is just the result of naruto being on a break this week and ppl having nothing new to talk about.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 19:54   Link #254
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
it's not anymore relevant then wondering why orochimaru didn't just implant a sharingan and save himself a lot of trouble.
transplanting eyes was never a 'new' idea into the story though. kakashi always had one, so it's not like kishi didn't think of that for orochimaru. it was always explained (even recently with kabuto) that they want the uchiha 'body'. it's much gayer that way... but apparently the body is what is needed to achieve snake sage mode
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 20:02   Link #255
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
I don't think he used some method to outsmart hashi, i think he was more or less left for dead before the real final blow could be delivered.
He had to use it because it was his plan. His plan was to make infinite tsukiyomi, for that he needed the rinnegan which also allowed him to fully read the stone tablet that talks about the 10-tails and the Gedo Mazo, and he knew well that the rinnegan is not possible without the cells of hashirama, so he had to take them. We didn't see how he took those cells but we know that Hashirama had an amazing healing ability, so we can assume that at one point he managed to hit Hashirama and then i guess Hashirama healed his wound but Madara took the opportunity to take a sample from the wound. It's more interesting how he managed to survive, if it were a genjutsu than later Hashirama and others would have discovered that it's a fake body, since he didn't have Zetsu yet. Or maybe he pulled something similar to Danzou, a seal that destroys the body, however it was not the real body, so the seal conveniently destroyed the evidence. Or the whole evidence destroying seal could be a genjutsu. Madara had the time to make a plan and the ability to execute it, the only thing he would not be able to do is to beat Hashirama.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 20:51   Link #256
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
He had to use it because it was his plan. His plan was to make infinite tsukiyomi, for that he needed the rinnegan which also allowed him to fully read the stone tablet that talks about the 10-tails and the Gedo Mazo, and he knew well that the rinnegan is not possible without the cells of hashirama, so he had to take them. We didn't see how he took those cells but we know that Hashirama had an amazing healing ability, so we can assume that at one point he managed to hit Hashirama and then i guess Hashirama healed his wound but Madara took the opportunity to take a sample from the wound. It's more interesting how he managed to survive, if it were a genjutsu than later Hashirama and others would have discovered that it's a fake body, since he didn't have Zetsu yet. Or maybe he pulled something similar to Danzou, a seal that destroys the body, however it was not the real body, so the seal conveniently destroyed the evidence. Or the whole evidence destroying seal could be a genjutsu. Madara had the time to make a plan and the ability to execute it, the only thing he would not be able to do is to beat Hashirama.
as for taking hashirama cells, hash is conveniently missing clothing and armor on the left side of his body with what looks like a substantial gash/bruise...idk maybe from there.

madara mentioned during his fight with the kages (when he made the wood clones) that he was the only one who could see this technique when hashirama used it...im not buying the whole: "wood clone! but when did you?!?!" act...the panel isolating his EMS then no longer seeing it is meaningful IMO...i think he manipulated the last fight series to appear that he took a mortal wound when he actually moved a liiiitttttle bit to the right lol...idk speculating...
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 21:26   Link #257
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Madara could have hire Kakuzu or other ninjas to obtain the cells needed as it's not like he knew stright away that he needed Hashirama cells to make the zetsu tree. Or his battles with Hashirama that he had with him could be another way he obtained his cell seeing how he could have swolled his blood with out noticing infusing their genes together until the Rinnegan activated. As for him dying it could be he did in fact used Izanagi or Rinnegan kept him alive for a while just until he connected him self to the Gedo Mazo.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 21:58   Link #258
Sasukemaru
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Just because his plan was to do the infinite tsukiyomi doesn't mean his plan was to lose that fight...

Im sure madara went into that fight with every intention of killing hashirama, not getting his ass kicked and faking his death.

So no...he didn't need no elaborate plan, he could have just been mistaken for dead like Jiraiya was, that seems far more logical.

Btw...Madara was never after the Rinnegan, old madara said he just injected hashiramas cells in his wounds so he wouldn't die. Then he was surprised when he awakened the rinnegan later in life. So the rinnegan was never on his mind during that fight...

In fact, i doubt the infinite tsukiyomi was his mission during that fight, from all the manga has put out that plan seems like a after thought for madara really.

Last edited by Sasukemaru; 2013-04-19 at 10:59.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 11:15   Link #259
Cookie-Monster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
One of my favourite parts of the entire naruto manga was when sasuke tried to kill sakura, and it prompted the premonition that Naruto gave him "if we fight again, we will both die"

I found it to be a really mature/intriguing idea that the the manga could close out with Hokage Naruto protecting Konoha in a animus fight against his old childhood rival, and both of them dying at the end of it.

I dont like happy endings (unless they involve lotion). Some of the best stories involve a bittersweet or outright tragic ending.

Somehow I get the feeling (sarcasm) that Kishimoto was just using that attempted sakura murder and "well both die" line to lend weight to the pointless sasuke/naruto fights

Naruto: "ILL SAVE YOU"
Sasuke: "I DONT WANT TO BE SAVED"
Naruto: "THEN LETS FIGHT!"
Sasuke: "THATS STUPID! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE"
Naruto: "NO! WE MUST FIGHT! KAGEBUNSHIN ....."
------ Kishimoto : "hmmm this logic is fail ..........wait! ... I have an idea!" (silly convoluted sasuke-itachi-revenge logic ensues)

But now i'm not sure if a fight to the death will ever happen. Unless the uchiha hatred is deeper than imagined, and sasuke will flip-flop like Madara did after he made peace with Harishama.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 13:18   Link #260
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
as for taking hashirama cells, hash is conveniently missing clothing and armor on the left side of his body with what looks like a substantial gash/bruise...idk maybe from there.
Yeah, Hashirama can probably grow back his arm or part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
madara mentioned during his fight with the kages (when he made the wood clones) that he was the only one who could see this technique when hashirama used it...im not buying the whole: "wood clone! but when did you?!?!" act...the panel isolating his EMS then no longer seeing it is meaningful IMO...i think he manipulated the last fight series to appear that he took a mortal wound when he actually moved a liiiitttttle bit to the right lol...idk speculating...
Now that mention it, it seems quite clear that Madara not seeing the wood clone is impossible. However i think that simply moving a little bit would not work, so it had to be something else.

But now i wonder where did Kabuto find some of Madara's cells to make the edo tensei
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.