AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-01-23, 02:00   Link #1
cyberdemon

Arata Kangatari

took to reading Yuu Watase's new manga recently and i got to say i like it. Can't wait to see how the romance in it turns out since,

Spoiler for romance:

anyone know how often the chapters are released though?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 04:02   Link #2
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
took to reading Yuu Watase's new manga recently and i got to say i like it. Can't wait to see how the romance in it turns out since,

Spoiler for romance:

anyone know how often the chapters are released though?
I believe this is a weekly release.

I have to say, though, that this is as much a shoujo work as it is a shounen one. Disregarding the artwork, the story's blood-boiling pep talk and companionship seems quite different from that of the latter genre's. There is also a lack of mano-a-mano showdowns.

I love the world that Yuu Watase created. I am always a sucker for fantastic world filled with magic and medieval-esk technology. I am, however, not so fond of melodrama, in particular with something as mundane as bullying. How an athletic and good looking (implicitly) boy such as Sonohara suffer from self confidence and live in irrational fear is beyond me.

Altogether, I have mixed feelings about this story. It's good sometimes, and not so much on others. I'm quite intrigued to where to plot will take us.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 10:09   Link #3
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
I believe this is a weekly release.

I have to say, though, that this is as much a shoujo work as it is a shounen one. Disregarding the artwork, the story's blood-boiling pep talk and companionship seems quite different from that of the latter genre's. There is also a lack of mano-a-mano showdowns.

I love the world that Yuu Watase created. I am always a sucker for fantastic world filled with magic and medieval-esk technology. I am, however, not so fond of melodrama, in particular with something as mundane as bullying. How an athletic and good looking (implicitly) boy such as Sonohara suffer from self confidence and live in irrational fear is beyond me.

Altogether, I have mixed feelings about this story. It's good sometimes, and not so much on others. I'm quite intrigued to where to plot will take us.
yeah, although i heard about it being a different genre, i couldn't help but feel that it seemed to be the same genre as all the rest of Yuu Watase's works. Not that i think that is bad. Just proves that she is too used to that genre.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 20:34   Link #4
blade82

i personaly like more recent chapter she's putting more gags
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 02:48   Link #5
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

If anyone's being following the manga, it has gotten really good lately. I find it interesting how the six shou are from our world

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 02:58   Link #6
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not looking forward to the douchebag Kadowaki acting all high and mighty with his instant power-up. Bad enough he was the same without power and now that he has it I can only imagine how worse he'll become. Hoping Arata would smoke his ass in a flash and show him who has real power, but that's probably wishful thinking and he has this blind spot for Kadowaki anyways...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 13:54   Link #7
Bern-san

Taking this from the anime thread to avoid spoilers there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Spoiler for Events in the manga and what will apply to the anime:
Spoiler for spoilers for volume 18, not sure if it's said before this vol:

Quote:
I wasn't surprised that they left out the children's arc since it's kind of filler for the most part, and doesn't even come back again until way later in Kitkutsune's arc. Which unless this show gets multiple seasons, will never be animated. However, they keep showing Hirako, so I'm wondering if they will try to do his arc too before we hit Yorunami's? And in that case, we will never get to the other elemental Shinshos, despite the fact that they keep showing that Akachi's arc will be shown.
Isn't Hirako's arc technically Yorunami's arc? I count them as one.

Is someone keeping up with the raws?
Spoiler for raws:

Last edited by Bern-san; 2013-06-10 at 14:21.
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 17:08   Link #8
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post

Spoiler for spoilers for volume 18, not sure if it's said before this vol:
I don't know, I have a feeling that those "original" missions Watase thought up later on once she got a handle on Oribe's character. But the first mission he was doing was haunting Arata and killing people to try to delay Hinohara, so I think that they will keep to that in the anime. Especially since they've axed Oribe (and along with her, probably Mikusa). Why they decide to ax the best female characters in this story, I have no idea.

Quote:
Isn't Hirako's arc technically Yorunami's arc? I count them as one.
I break them up into Hirako arc and then Yorunami arc, I count it as a mini-arc since they technically don't meet Yorunami until later and they spend a few chapters in Hirako's domain and that actually has it's own inner plot.

I only read the scanalations, so I'm up to chapter 185. I wish they could translate raws faster, but I'll take it as I get it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 19:06   Link #9
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

The new chapter 200 is fantastic. I want to see where this new thing between Hinohara and Arata goes.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen