AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-19, 08:41   Link #221
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
That's the only MGS game he made a mistake with. The others are fine as long as it's Snake.
I disagree with this. MGS2 is a gaming masterpiece that was ahead of its time. The problem is that it went over a lot of people's heads (they just didn't get the premise and concept Kojima was conveying). Another thing is that people are afraid/don't like change, hence at least one of the reasons they didn't like Raiden (the others I find to be shallow).

Anyways, Kojima always delivers a great final product. I was a bit disappointed with MGS4, but it's still an awesome game.

And back to my previous question of preference between Liquid and Solidus, Solidus all the way. Badass president with a noble cause but immoral actions. He came across as a lot more confident, strategic, and assertive, that Liquid did. Liquid was always whining and complaining about being an inferior product, when in fact he was ignorant the whole time and was actually the dominant clone. He came across as foolish in that sense, and placed way too much emphasis on the importance of genes. Solidus was a real boss.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 10:25   Link #222
Haigon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Recife
If they are going to port Twin Snakes they should put the original audio and turn off first-person aim on Ocelot's battle. Seriously, they ruined Gray Fox IMO.

I'm okay with all the Matrix effects (IIRC the artist was from matrix's crew)
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 19:48   Link #223
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I disagree with this. MGS2 is a gaming masterpiece that was ahead of its time. The problem is that it went over a lot of people's heads (they just didn't get the premise and concept Kojima was conveying). Another thing is that people are afraid/don't like change, hence at least one of the reasons they didn't like Raiden (the others I find to be shallow).

Anyways, Kojima always delivers a great final product. I was a bit disappointed with MGS4, but it's still an awesome game.

And back to my previous question of preference between Liquid and Solidus, Solidus all the way. Badass president with a noble cause but immoral actions. He came across as a lot more confident, strategic, and assertive, that Liquid did. Liquid was always whining and complaining about being an inferior product, when in fact he was ignorant the whole time and was actually the dominant clone. He came across as foolish in that sense, and placed way too much emphasis on the importance of genes. Solidus was a real boss.
The main reason is the character change without prior notice, it's like a WTF?!
It's not shallow it's a you're going into a Batman movie or gonna read a Batman comic then you get Superman. That weighted more than anything else.

As for the story it's great, it's the character change that affected it all.

Anyways another Tweet.
Seems it's a done Deal. MGS1/Twin Snakes/MGS2/MGS3/MGS Peace Walker(Portable Ops?)/MGS4

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/sta.../photo/1/large

__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:27   Link #224
Tong
Now, come at me
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 2014 World cup hoster
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Why makes you conclude that Twin Snakes is in? This hi-res render of MGS1 Snake?
HD Collection also had one for Raiden, but didn't mean anything special in the end. But fine by me...

I also hope they revamp Peace Walker to make it look like less of a port.
__________________
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:51   Link #225
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Hi-Res Snake will probably be or not be Twin Snakes, but Iam really hoping for it to be Twin Snakes.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 06:59   Link #226
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
The main reason is the character change without prior notice, it's like a WTF?!
It's not shallow it's a you're going into a Batman movie or gonna read a Batman comic then you get Superman. That weighted more than anything else.
It's called a "surprise". Why would Kojima want to spoil something huge like that before the game's release or at any other point throughout playing the game in the beginning? Your Batman example doesn't exactly work because we actually get to play as Solid Snake in MGS2 during the tanker portion. Again, it was a radical change Kojima wanted to experiment with, but the fans (particularly the westerners) just didn't like that (hence my previous point about change).

To reiterate, I disagree the character change was a mess up. I'm glad Kojima had the balls to try something different.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 21:40   Link #227
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
this fan made parody of certain third person and first person shooter games

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 02:06   Link #228
Tong
Now, come at me
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 2014 World cup hoster
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Looool
THAT was amazing.

Loved all the references/parodies.
__________________
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 12:21   Link #229
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
this fan made parody of certain third person and first person shooter games

Spoiler for video:
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 17:51   Link #230
cj_iwakura
The Rhythm Rogue
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Send a message via AIM to cj_iwakura
Phew, MGS4 finished. Amazing game, spent like half an hour scouring the database.

Bring on V!

Biggest revelation from 4 for me:

Spoiler:
__________________
cj_iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 18:36   Link #231
Tong
Now, come at me
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 2014 World cup hoster
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Actually
Spoiler:
__________________
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 21:16   Link #232
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It's called a "surprise". Why would Kojima want to spoil something huge like that before the game's release or at any other point throughout playing the game in the beginning? Your Batman example doesn't exactly work because we actually get to play as Solid Snake in MGS2 during the tanker portion. Again, it was a radical change Kojima wanted to experiment with, but the fans (particularly the westerners) just didn't like that (hence my previous point about change).

To reiterate, I disagree the character change was a mess up. I'm glad Kojima had the balls to try something different.
Which the surprise didn't work for the many. Only one portion that leaves you hanging that leaves you yearning to place as Snake.
He did something different which many didn't like, but adjusted too in time, thanks to new mgs games.

Anyways this is the new "Matal Gear BIGBOSS"

__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 21:00   Link #233
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
It's either Keither Sutherland or David Hayter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDP1x8tX5jY

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 15:56   Link #234
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It's either Keither Sutherland or David Hayter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDP1x8tX5jY

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I hope it's David and they're just messing with us (but I'm not very hopeful).
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:41   Link #235
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
I hope it's Kiefer. It would be a welcome change. Hayter is no good at voicing aging characters. He has to force his voice too much, and lately he's got a tendency to overact. His performance in Peace Walker was downright grating. It's time to get rid of him.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 20:02   Link #236
cj_iwakura
The Rhythm Rogue
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Send a message via AIM to cj_iwakura
I think he has a fantastic voice as Young Snake, but I agree that Old's grated on me.
__________________
cj_iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:42   Link #237
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Hayter is fine for Solid Snake, but Big Boss should have a different voice.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 23:58   Link #238
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Analysis

David Hayter confirmed? and him not being involved is just an April Fools Joke? Hmm....look closer detectives

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 02:43   Link #239
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
I'll be honest, the more I think about Keifer Sutherland voicing Big Boss, the more I like it. Not that I was against it in the first place, Sutherland has a good voice for Big Boss. Doesn't mean I wouldn't be buckets worth of happy if Hayter comes though.

To me, it's a win-win. Both Hatyer and Sutherland have what it takes to voice Big Boss, so if either of them are doing it, I'm all set.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 11:35   Link #240
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 30
I swear, I so enjoy the MGSV marketing campain... it's just such a big troll fest. I'm more excited about this marketing than the actual game itself!
__________________
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.