AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-21, 03:30   Link #361
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
^ Nah, don't sweat it. I've been waiting for updates all this time, since nobody else seems to like any female sports anime except maybe Princess Nine (baseball) and the ones about kendo and volleyball.

Apparently, people still think that basketball is a male-dominated sport. I do think so, though, but it's nice to see women's basketball after a while since I see a lot of male basketball players being too greedy with the ball, and I don't like that. BASKETBALL IS A TEAM SPORT, NOT AN INDIVIDUAL SPORT.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 23:11   Link #362
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Uh.... I wanted to know how the author describes on his novels the game of the girls.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 22:08   Link #363
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Well, there's a concept called "Show, Don't Tell", but I think Keishin's game is a variant of the Dribble Drive Motion offense. This particular variant is a 4-out, 1-in offense where the aim is to draw double teams to one player, usually Airi the Center player, so one of her teammates gets freed up for a wide open shot (jump shot or a drive to the basket).

In case anyone didn't notice, the Keishin uniform's color scheme looks similar to that of the University of Memphis men's basketball team, from which the name "Memphis Offense", also a variant of the DDM, aka "Princeton offense on steroids", was coined from.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 06:27   Link #364
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Uh.... I wanted to know how the author describes on his novels the game of the girls.
The novel is written from the POV of Subaru - ie Subaru is the narrator of the novel. So the games are seen through the eyes of Subaru.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 00:26   Link #365
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
So any updates on the next volume?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:33   Link #366
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Anyone interested to help me out in updating the RKB Wiki?

I just need help updating it with the latest Light Novel information, like how they did it with the To Aru Majutsu no Index Wiki.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-05-20 at 08:10.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 14:50   Link #367
Totsuka
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
7月10日発売

ロウきゅーぶ(13)
著/蒼山サグ イラスト/てぃんくる
Can anyone confirm this?
Totsuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 05:41   Link #368
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Hmm, Vol 13 on July 10th, huh?

Looking forward to it.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 08:42   Link #369
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I found the synopsis for vol 13:
◆ロウきゅーぶ(13)
著/蒼山サグ イラスト/てぃんくる
いよいよ始まった因縁の硯谷女学園との公式試合。一進一退の白熱する展開の中、真帆に
アクシデントが発生。はたして試合の行方は──!? いよいよ物語も佳境!

It says the story reaches the climax so this could mean it's almost over in about 1 or 2 volumes after this. I don't see how the story will finish with the girls winning the national tournament. My guess is even if they win the preliminaries the series will probably end with the girls about to begin their match in the national tournament.

If it ends at vol 14 or 15, then a third season anime is possible. Second season can cover vol 6-10 and third season can cover from vol 11 until the end. The anime got a second season because how well the first season's BD/DVDs were sold, so hopefully the second season will do as well too. Or maybe the second season will be a 2-cour to coincide the anime's ending with the LN's ending.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 17:19   Link #370
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ So the LN is going to end soon, aye.
Personally I see the former being more likely to happen than the latter.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 18:49   Link #371
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
It well could be talking about the climax of a match between schools and not about the series.

If that was the last volume the synopsis and the website would say its final volume like Oreimo did confirm months ago.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 06:41   Link #372
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I found the synopsis for vol 13:
◆ロウきゅーぶ(13)
著/蒼山サグ イラスト/てぃんくる
いよいよ始まった因縁の硯谷女学園との公式試合。一進一退の白熱する展開の中、真帆に
アクシデントが発生。はたして試合の行方は──!? いよいよ物語も佳境!

It says the story reaches the climax so this could mean it's almost over in about 1 or 2 volumes after this. I don't see how the story will finish with the girls winning the national tournament. My guess is even if they win the preliminaries the series will probably end with the girls about to begin their match in the national tournament.

If it ends at vol 14 or 15, then a third season anime is possible. Second season can cover vol 6-10 and third season can cover from vol 11 until the end. The anime got a second season because how well the first season's BD/DVDs were sold, so hopefully the second season will do as well too. Or maybe the second season will be a 2-cour to coincide the anime's ending with the LN's ending.
Too bad, then. I guess we won't be seeing the team from Tomo's former school. But I'm still rooting for Keishin to win vs Suzuritani, though I'm open to the possibility that they will lose to them once again. Although Keishin is currently in the lead, ST is a strong team, and they can and will come back into the game.

So the second season would be a Toradora/Sakurasou type of ending, huh?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 08:41   Link #373
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Kakyou can just be used to mean "exciting". Also when the story is going to finish they usually use different words such as "story entering final phase". I wouldn't be so sure they are going to finish this series so soon.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:38   Link #374
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Some new visuals from the upcoming second season

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 10:47   Link #375
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Looking forward to them.

Q: How do you differentiate Tsubahi from each other?
A: Tsubaki's hairpin is tied to her left side, Hiiragi has hers to her right side.
And if you want to be more specific, Tsubaki's is yellow, Hiiragi's is pink.
And they are both named after flowers (namely, the camellia and the holly flowers).

Comments about the other new characters:

- I like Tsubahi. Masami's pretty good too.
- So that's Subaru's dad? He's cute. I guess he got the skin from staying in Hawaii for so long.
- Banri looks pretty badass there. Sure, he's not as huge as Shaq, but he's the kind of guy you don't wanna mess with on and off the court.
- Why does Ryuichi look like a blonde version of Accelerator to me? He and Nana look like the typical sports anime "rival" characters.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 13:54   Link #376
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Looking forward to them.

Q: How do you differentiate Tsubahi from each other?
A: Tsubaki's hairpin is tied to her left side, Hiiragi has hers to her right side.
And if you want to be more specific, Tsubaki's is yellow, Hiiragi's is pink.
And they are both named after flowers (namely, the camellia and the holly flowers).

Comments about the other new characters:

- I like Tsubahi. Masami's pretty good too.
- So that's Subaru's dad? He's cute. I guess he got the skin from staying in Hawaii for so long.
- Banri looks pretty badass there. Sure, he's not as huge as Shaq, but he's the kind of guy you don't wanna mess with on and off the court.
- Why does Ryuichi look like a blonde version of Accelerator to me? He and Nana look like the typical sports anime "rival" characters.
An Accelerator without his power to redirect. Because of that he became blond and tanned.
__________________
My Heart is Pocky
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 06:07   Link #377
kantou
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I am disappointed the next PSP is a simple game to steal panties.the match and training of the first episode have disappeared
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 06:15   Link #378
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantou View Post
I am disappointed the next PSP is a simple game to steal panties.the match and training of the first episode have disappeared
WTH? Are you serious?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:52   Link #379
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
How do you know, there is not even a release nor trailers about the game settings.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:54   Link #380
Totsuka
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
How do you know, there is not even a release nor trailers about the game settings.
Ro-Kyu-Bu! Himitsu no Otoshimono
Totsuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.