AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-22, 14:02   Link #741
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
If this is indeed true, it'll be more disappointing than hearing Cliffy B telling interviewers that the rest of the Gears of War series are not coming to the PC (and mouthing off PC Gamers, to boot).
Old 2013-04-22, 15:10   Link #742
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Considering that PNP was estabilished solely for this purpose of bitching about brand integrity to partners, surprised I am not. But it does make me wonder just what in the world Toei was thinking that PNP shot them down like that.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:05   Link #743
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
My... I never cared for Mamoru, he was lame, cheesy and obnoxious in the anime and boring in the manga, shipping him off in the last arc was possibly one of the best decisions ever made x__x
Worst male love interest ever, even by magical girl standards.
That said, it was obvious that Seiya didn't stand a chance, which kind of ruined the actually fun and entertaining interactions between him and Usagi. Now that I think about it, if Seiya had been the love interest throughout, I might have actually cared for the romance plots in Sailor Moon. As it was, I just remember trying my hardest to ignore that part xD
No offence, Mamoru fans... just my opinion.

Ehm that said... curse it, I was so hyped for this show airing soon... nooo! Why this!? (insert madoka and suffering reference here)
Eh, I agree with this... I've never cared for Mamoru. I'm not usually one to ship characters together, but Mamoru was such a dull and boring character to me... he had no spark, no life, no personality, so his scenes with Usagi (my favorite character) were just as dull and lifeless as he's always been to me. Seiya on the other hand was like the complete opposite, his scenes with Usagi were among my favorite scenes in the anime and he actually had personality.

I don't really know how things happened in the manga, but I don't really care. I haven't read anything stating that Mamoru doesn't have this problem in the manga either, he's always seemed more like a static satellite character who's more befitting of a much less frequently appearing supporting/minor role than an actual character who could help carry the series... hell, I doubt he could even carry half an episode without making it boring...

Old 2013-04-22, 17:24   Link #744
Matts
Nyan Nyan Waitress

He was anything but boring in the live. And I hope they don't make him like that in a new anime, he had his moments but by the Wedding episode I wanted to strangle him for his attitude. No, he was not in the right. It was a wedding, Usagi's wedding, and yes, that's a big deal, dude.

I think he was more of fairy prince in the manga, I found he had more personality in the anime because he could be funny at times (the dentist episode). But I like both pairings for different reasons, and both Mamoru and Seiya as characters, so yeah.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:44   Link #745
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Are you really questioning Tohru Furuya's abilities?
Nah, I'm of the opinion that a lot of the current active VAs are the ones who grew up watching the series, and so I find it somewhat endearing that these people get to voice some of their favourite classic characters would be a chance of the lifetime. Heck, some of them aspired to be seiyuus BECAUSE of Sailor Moon (ex. Hikasa Youko). While I don't doubt the veteran will do a good job, I'm more interested in seeing the current roster of active VAs step up their game to bring Sailor Moon to this generation, just like the same has been done to them in the past.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-04-22, 18:39   Link #746
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Only thing I'm happy for is Tuxedo mask's VA not yet confirmed for the role. I'm of the opinion that if they're remaking the entire series, they should remake EVERYTHING, including the VAs. And it's not as if we're hurting from good VAs at this moment either, so with proper casting I'd say they'll be as good or even better than the original cast.
It'd be a hard task for an updated cast to match the original cast. The original senshi featured two legendary voice actors, with Furuya Tohru making it three. The rest of the cast was highly accomplished as well (if not at the time, then later). Out of those who debuted the last decade, who can match them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
Eh, I agree with this... I've never cared for Mamoru. I'm not usually one to ship characters together, but Mamoru was such a dull and boring character to me... he had no spark, no life, no personality, so his scenes with Usagi (my favorite character) were just as dull and lifeless as he's always been to me. Seiya on the other hand was like the complete opposite, his scenes with Usagi were among my favorite scenes in the anime and he actually had personality.
I think that a major difference is that Seiya was much more goal-oriented, and was thus a lot easier to fit into the rest of the story. Mamoru works a lot better when the creators have a concrete idea of what to do with him. However, they (i.e. Ikuhara) didn't really know what to do with him without having his relationship with Usagi dominating the story, so he became a lot more ineffective.

Quote:
I don't really know how things happened in the manga, but I don't really care. I haven't read anything stating that Mamoru doesn't have this problem in the manga either, he's always seemed more like a static satellite character who's more befitting of a much less frequently appearing supporting/minor role than an actual character who could help carry the series... hell, I doubt he could even carry half an episode without making it boring...
Mamoru was good in the Snow Queen arc and in the Sailor Moon R movie. He also played a really cool role by being absent during most of Stars.
Old 2013-04-22, 19:10   Link #747
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Crossing my fingers and hoping these rumors are not true!
Old 2013-04-22, 21:20   Link #748
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
We heard absolutely no new information ever since they announced it, and it's now near the end of April. Even I'm starting to be skeptical of the new series coming this summer.

Old 2013-04-22, 21:30   Link #749
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Crossing my fingers and hoping these rumors are not true!
At this point, I think there are good chances that this rumor is true. We're close to summer, and we know nearly nothing of this new series. In fact, since last summer all we know is that the Sailor Moon anime is getting a reboot. No additional info (or rather, no info at all!), no single piece of media, it's as if they've gone into "Area 51" mode.

I've been thinking these past few weeks of one possible reason for the delay. I'm thinking the studio's staff (the studio doing the sailor moon series) may be having a disagreement with how they want to do the series. Maybe some want to base it close to the original anime, the original manga itself, or go off into a different direction. Or it could be that they are having a disagreement with how mature or tame they want the overall tone. This is speculation on my part, but I can't think of any other reason for the delay (and with nearly no information).

I'm also starting to half wonder if they may pull the plug on the series. Remember "Stellvia of the Universe"? Well, there were plans for a followup on the Anime, but the director Tatsuo Sato stated "that plans for the Stellvia sequel are now impossible due to 'inner difficulties'."
Old 2013-04-22, 22:35   Link #750
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I'm also starting to half wonder if they may pull the plug on the series. Remember "Stellvia of the Universe"? Well, there were plans for a followup on the Anime, but the director Tatsuo Sato stated "that plans for the Stellvia sequel are now impossible due to 'inner difficulties'."
Ugh. Don't even think that.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2013-04-23, 05:23   Link #751
sky black swordman

Quote:
At this point, I think there are good chances that this rumor is true. We're close to summer, and we know nearly nothing of this new series. In fact, since last summer all we know is that the Sailor Moon anime is getting a reboot. No additional info (or rather, no info at all!), no single piece of media, it's as if they've gone into "Area 51" mode.

I've been thinking these past few weeks of one possible reason for the delay. I'm thinking the studio's staff (the studio doing the sailor moon series) may be having a disagreement with how they want to do the series. Maybe some want to base it close to the original anime, the original manga itself, or go off into a different direction. Or it could be that they are having a disagreement with how mature or tame they want the overall tone. This is speculation on my part, but I can't think of any other reason for the delay (and with nearly no information).

Hmm, I see. What's the likelihood that we even get the anime in 2013 ? And what are the chances it gets postpone until 2014 ?
Old 2013-04-23, 07:27   Link #752
totoum
Gamer

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
A I'm thinking the studio's staff (the studio doing the sailor moon series) may be having a disagreement with how they want to do the series
Well looking at the sources crunchy linked to that seems to be the case

Quote:
They (TOEI) have a dialogue with the creator which causes the delay.
Old 2013-04-23, 11:22   Link #753
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Duh? I'm not shipping, LOLS Mamoru x Usagi are official.

It's the Seiya fans that should accept the reality ad give up the shipping.
We do accept the reality but we can ship whomever we please.
But I don't like Seiya because he can change sexes. (I like him in SPITE of that XD) I like his interaction with Usagi better than Mamoru's interaction with her.

In the anime.

Quote:
Mamoru?
Oh hell, no. Aoyama from Tokyo Mew Mew wins that one. His Gary Stu power is over 9000. Male characters from Disney movies have more personality than HIM.
*gags*

Last edited by Chiibi; 2013-04-23 at 11:38.
Old 2013-04-24, 00:23   Link #754
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Eh, I agree with this... I've never cared for Mamoru. I'm not usually one to ship characters together, but Mamoru was such a dull and boring character to me... he had no spark, no life, no personality, so his scenes with Usagi (my favorite character) were just as dull and lifeless as he's always been to me.
Do you like Mamoru more in the first season? He does have much more spark and personality during the early series whenever he's Usagi's bully rather than her boyfriend, even if that personality is 'total douchebag.' Just curious. :3
Old 2013-04-24, 06:35   Link #755
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Only either a Mamoru hater or a Seiya fan will say this....

Quote:
Do you like Mamoru more in the first season? He does have much more spark and personality during the early series whenever he's Usagi's bully rather than her boyfriend, even if that personality is 'total douchebag.' Just curious. :3
I loved waiting for Tuxedo's appearances in the early season's of Sailor. I like it when Usagi's Prince comes from nowhere then motivates her to stay strong and not some later guy who just keep on drooling over Usagi like she's an easy girl... well I'm not saying its Mamoru....

I find Mamoru a tsundere whom I admired.
Old 2013-04-24, 08:51   Link #756
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Yes.
I never thought he went too far with the bully act. It was mostly playful verbal teasing.

Why he lost his personality later is beyond me....but if the director hates him like it was discussed earlier, it makes sense.
Old 2013-04-24, 15:06   Link #757
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I never thought he went too far with the bully act. It was mostly playful verbal teasing.
It was probably because of this exchange, but I actually had a dream last night that I was watching Sailor Moon Classic. In Dream!Sailor Moon, Mamoru went to greater and greater lengths throughout the series to annoy Usagi. The only part of the dream that I remember was that Mamoru broke into NASA, stole one of their spaceships (somehow he was able to pilot it perfectly), went all the way to outer space to build up momentum, then he piloted the spaceship downwards to Earth and crashed about three feet away from Usagi. All that work for no other reason than to scare her. Mamoru then jumped out of the cockpit, smirked at the frightened Usagi, and said "Yo, odango! Did I scare you?"
Yeah... that's one determined bully. ^^;

But yeah, despite calling Season 1 Mamoru a total douchebag (I mean that in the most loving sense of the word He's a magnificent bastard during the old days), I never considered him anything but a good source of hilarity. One of the moments that always stood out to me amongst all 200 episodes was Usagi making fun of Mamoru for riding by himself on a kid's ride, that slow-moving train. (Usagi has a little bit of a mean streak at the very beginning when she's less mature that disappears by Sailor Moon R.) I loved their relationship in Sailor Moon Classic. I didn't care for their relationship much in S or SuperS whenever it was stable, but I thought Stars breathed some life back into it with the plot of Usagi slowly breaking down over Mamoru's absence. The scene where Seiya gets her hopes up by throwing a rose, and Usagi completely melts down afterwards, was another one that's always stood out in my memory.
Old 2013-04-24, 15:38   Link #758
Shyni

Is this going to be closer to the manga than the older Sailor Moon anime? I vaguely recall hearing it was supposed to be like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
My... I never cared for Mamoru, he was lame, cheesy and obnoxious in the anime and boring in the manga, shipping him off in the last arc was possibly one of the best decisions ever made x__x
What, even worse than
Spoiler for name of other magical girl anime:
Old 2013-04-24, 17:25   Link #759
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
You know... I forgot all about that.

... But no, I don't think I liked him when he teased Usagi either... I really like playful banter but he always seemed more 'mean' than 'playful' to me...

Old 2013-04-24, 17:38   Link #760
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo