AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-24, 16:05   Link #25441
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Expect the novel to be translated fully in a week or even less.

js06 is our God.
Again, depends on the size of the book.

The only way he can translate it in one week is if it's super thin.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2013-04-24, 16:22   Link #25442
Rovert10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Okay I overexagerate but he's still really damn fast.
Rovert10 is offline  
Old 2013-04-24, 16:26   Link #25443
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 23
Can't wait for NT7 lolz XD
Shinhwa is offline  
Old 2013-04-24, 16:27   Link #25444
Javiersansano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ No, because we have an Angel level translator with us.
Then, what would a DRAGON-Level translator be capable of?
Javiersansano is offline  
Old 2013-04-24, 16:53   Link #25445
desrtsku
Hold this for me.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: TwintailsVille
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Then, what would a DRAGON-Level translator be capable of?
I was kind of assaulted by slumber when I wrote that and ... I still am (so I'm not really sure what the hell has gone through my mind when I wrote that).
But I'll use my remaining processing ability to say : there was a 16 year old guy who was arrested for uploading a french translation of Harry Potter's last volume before the official one actually came out. He had a few friends to help him + English-to-french is easier but ... it's was still amazing since their translation was pro level quality and came out super fast ... and also Harry Potter is pretty thick.
And by DRAGON, I hope you meant Aiwass and not the one in the Bible ...
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 05:02   Link #25446
Javiersansano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I was kind of assaulted by slumber when I wrote that and ... I still am (so I'm not really sure what the hell has gone through my mind when I wrote that).
But I'll use my remaining processing ability to say : there was a 16 year old guy who was arrested for uploading a french translation of Harry Potter's last volume before the official one actually came out. He had a few friends to help him + English-to-french is easier but ... it's was still amazing since their translation was pro level quality and came out super fast ... and also Harry Potter is pretty thick.
And by DRAGON, I hope you meant Aiwass and not the one in the Bible ...
I applaud that 16 years old (atthe time) dude.

About DRAGON, yes, I'm refering to Aiwass, although I still believe that The Invisible Thing is in fact the DRAGON from the bible (and at the same time the fallen one) and its appearance is some sort of corruption.
Javiersansano is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 05:33   Link #25447
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
^I don't think so because if its the dragon in the bible then Fiamma won't have problem defeating it. With his holy right. There is no devil or evil that he can't vanquish.

For me the invinsible thing is not evil yet not good too.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 08:26   Link #25448
ProvidenceBreaker
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 32
So we know Academy City actively regulates esper levels. Is it possible they are also actively suppressing those that might be deemed too dangerous to reach higher levels? I never really considered it until I saw people speculating on how insane Uiharu's ability would be if developed further. Also Tsuchimikado's auto-rebirth would obviously make him a problem if it were stabilized at any level above zero. Assuming those actually are their abilities. Motoharu is a liar and who knows if Kamachi signed off on thermal hand. When people bring up the Parameter List stuff they never seem to look at it from this kind of angle.
ProvidenceBreaker is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 08:27   Link #25449
FiveOVER
Daydreamer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: in the windowless building
Age: 21
I'd say it's Kamachi.exe level, or maybe js06.exe?
__________________
FiveOVER is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 08:46   Link #25450
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
So we know Academy City actively regulates esper levels. Is it possible they are also actively suppressing those that might be deemed too dangerous to reach higher levels? I never really considered it until I saw people speculating on how insane Uiharu's ability would be if developed further. Also Tsuchimikado's auto-rebirth would obviously make him a problem if it were stabilized at any level above zero. Assuming those actually are their abilities. Motoharu is a liar and who knows if Kamachi signed off on thermal hand. When people bring up the Parameter List stuff they never seem to look at it from this kind of angle.
There are a lot of people with crazy abilities, just look at Accelerator or Misaki.
Magicians are even more crazier. So I don't think they really care if it is dangerous or not.
Maybe, but really maybe, abilities like radiation would be too dangerous, because they would always emit it.

I am more interested if it is possible for espers to actually get a better score at the parameter list the NORMAL WAY.
In a sense that AC would continue their curriculum.
Because they always get stuck at some level and unless AC helps them with some crazy stuff, that's it for them.
zaeraal is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 12:56   Link #25451
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
So we know Academy City actively regulates esper levels. Is it possible they are also actively suppressing those that might be deemed too dangerous to reach higher levels? I never really considered it until I saw people speculating on how insane Uiharu's ability would be if developed further. Also Tsuchimikado's auto-rebirth would obviously make him a problem if it were stabilized at any level above zero. Assuming those actually are their abilities. Motoharu is a liar and who knows if Kamachi signed off on thermal hand. When people bring up the Parameter List stuff they never seem to look at it from this kind of angle.
I honestly doubt it. Just consider the nature of the "Kiharas", do you think those mad scientists would pass on a chance to develop crazy powers just cause it could be dangerous?

Also remember that, putting whatever Aleister is planning aside, AC develops espers in order to study them and create technology based on their abilities. Barring them from developing those abilities would be counterproductive for this core objective.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 15:48   Link #25452
moridin84
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ireland
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
So we know Academy City actively regulates esper levels. Is it possible they are also actively suppressing those that might be deemed too dangerous to reach higher levels? I never really considered it until I saw people speculating on how insane Uiharu's ability would be if developed further. Also Tsuchimikado's auto-rebirth would obviously make him a problem if it were stabilized at any level above zero. Assuming those actually are their abilities. Motoharu is a liar and who knows if Kamachi signed off on thermal hand. When people bring up the Parameter List stuff they never seem to look at it from this kind of angle.
Suppress people who are too dangerous? Nah, I'm pretty sure that Alesiter wants as many strong espers as he can.

Look at the current level 5s. They only think of these selves and of people close to them, they are dangerous, unpredictable and have unstable personalities.
__________________
Gangnam style parody done by yours truely.
Well I was involved anyway. The dude who can't dance.
moridin84 is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 16:17   Link #25453
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Suppress people who are too dangerous? Nah, I'm pretty sure that Alesiter wants as many strong espers as he can.

Look at the current level 5s. They only think of these selves and of people close to them, they are dangerous, unpredictable and have unstable personalities.
Unstable maybe but not unpredictable. They are the more controlled espers within Aleister's expectations.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 21:22   Link #25454
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Not sure if it was posted or not, but j06 mentioned there are several Parody SS, that weren't scanned nor translated yet.
somehow I find the idea great that it will take 201 novels to get to Toma's graduation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I honestly doubt it. Just consider the nature of the "Kiharas", do you think those mad scientists would pass on a chance to develop crazy powers just cause it could be dangerous?

Also remember that, putting whatever Aleister is planning aside, AC develops espers in order to study them and create technology based on their abilities. Barring them from developing those abilities would be counterproductive for this core objective.
Random Kihara 1 : Want to help me develop some dangerous powers?

Random Kihara 2 : No, for I am already developing some dangerous and stupid powers that could be turn against me, muhahaha.

Random Kihara 3 : fools I have already developed some one with dangerous and stupid powers made them as unstable as I could and dropped them off downtown with a kick me sign taped to their back, only $2 in Philippine pesos, and told him to buy me a can of starbucks coffee.

Random Kiharas 1&2 : Ohh. good one.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.


Last edited by kagato3; 2013-04-25 at 21:44.
kagato3 is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 21:48   Link #25455
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Aiwass i think is a manifestation of Akashic records http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records and the the invisible thing is connected one way or another.

as for IB [ Imagine breaker ] and why it's only limited to Touma's right hand many speculate because the rest of IB abilities are used to seal/ containment the [invisible thing] which is something that above the aeon of osiris
kaizerknight01 is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 21:50   Link #25456
Haigon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Recife
Aiwass is a deity on Aleister's Thelema
Haigon is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 22:01   Link #25457
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
basically Aiwass is an entity likes to troll alesister which in turn like to troll everyone it a cycle thought the LN
kaizerknight01 is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 22:30   Link #25458
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Oh, we're back to discussing trolling, nice.

Actually, since Aiwass apparently doesn't like to be summoned, it's more like Aleister trolls him, then Aiwass trolls back.
Requiem-x is offline  
Old 2013-04-25, 22:51   Link #25459
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
honesty Kimachi .exe the undefeated troll of east is aiming to be the undefeated troll of the multi verse [ just check railgun raws ] and NT 7 is around the corner .... MASSIVE TROLL ALERT [ it a became a MEME of it own]
kaizerknight01 is offline  
Old 2013-04-26, 03:39   Link #25460
desrtsku
Hold this for me.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: TwintailsVille
Age: 22
Nah, the undefeated troll of the east is Kubo.
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.