AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-14, 11:27   Link #21
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
The two girls seemed genuinely friendly to me, and we've seen them stick around Izumiko consistently throughout the two episodes, not just a scene or two, so I think it's more than pity/sympathy. If their relationship with Izumiko isn't as deep as with each other, might it not in part be due to Izumiko not opening up to them and having little opportunity to interact with them outside of school?
I don't think the girls are unfriendly or faking it, since that would take a lot of effort on their parts. I think it's just one of those relationships where you might hang out with one another in school, but part ways after the day is done with little thought. A friendly, but shallow relationship. And, yes, part of that is Izumiko's fault.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 19:08   Link #22
Mubyoshi

Judging from the second episode, I'm assuming the god possessing Izumiko is gonna be the final boss of this anime and not those black demons.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 22:47   Link #23
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
The two girls seemed genuinely friendly to me, and we've seen them stick around Izumiko consistently throughout the two episodes, not just a scene or two, so I think it's more than pity/sympathy. If their relationship with Izumiko isn't as deep as with each other, might it not in part be due to Izumiko not opening up to them and having little opportunity to interact with them outside of school?
They are genuinely friendly. But I think it says more about them, than it does about the strength of their bond with Izumiko.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting Izumiko's two friends. Quite the contrary, in fact. I think it's pretty sweet and admirable how they pick up for her and are trying to help her even though their connection with her isn't as well-developed as their connection with each other is.

Izumiko and her two friends aren't like, say, Honoka/Umi/Kotori in Love Live! or Tamako/Midori/Kanna in Tamako Market. It doesn't feel to me like three close female friends that are all on the "same wavelength" if you will.

I admittedly have a tendency to overuse Madoka Magica analogies, but this one strangely fits for me - Izumiko's two friends make me think of Madoka/Sayaka (Sayaka being the taller/more tomboyish one) being friendly towards a third girl because they realize that third girl is a nice person beneath the shyness and so they want to help her out. I think Izumiko's two friends see potential in her, and would love to see her come out of her shell a bit more, and for all three of them to hence be on the same wavelength. But they're not there yet, and Izumiko's two friends realize that. This is why Izumiko's two friends are gently pushing her to be more like a normal, modern, sociable girl. It's also why they're closer to one another than either is with Izumiko.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-04-14 at 23:07.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 17:14   Link #24
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Note: Thank you to the mods for the consideration of this thread .

2:

So I just got around to seeing the second episode. This might be the oddest show I have seen from PA works yet, and despite its lack of critical/commercial appraisal, I honestly think it has potential to also be their best work yet.

Unlike a lot of people I find our two leads here very interesting and their interactions are pretty entertaining. I understand why people don't seem to be keen on their personalities, but I always find flawed characters much more interesting than your perfect mary sue's/gary stu's.

The atmosphere and sense of mystery is quite excellent so far. I really don't trust Sagara myself so far, and Wakimiya has something creepy going on .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 18:51   Link #25
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

It's a bit early to get overly bullish on RDG, but I have to say that I'm really looking forward to more, and have more than once had to resist peeking ahead of the broadcasts. The art style is really appealing, and I especially like the designs of the two leads. The detail is nice on both of them. I'm still having trouble grasping everyone's relationships outside of Izumiko and Miyuki, but I've only seen the first two episodes once each, and I may need to revisit them.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 17:29   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 3 was just as good as the second. I like the direction the show is taking.

Wamiya was as much of a creep as we suspected. He revealed his identity sooner than I expected. It turns out he wasn't even real. He was a lesser god who became Izumiko's imaginary yandere friend because she subconsciously wished for it (and because of her dance workout, apparently). This goes to show how dangerous Izumiko's powers are and that she needs to learn how to control them. This could have ended very badly.

Miyuki and Izumiko's relationship is progressing smoothly, and perhaps a little too fast. As a result, Miyuki's change of heart is not very believable but I'm not going to complain since he's a lot more likable when he isn't berating Izumiko and being generally angsty. Izumiko is also starting to change for the better. She's becoming more assertive already. I was impressed with the way she handled the whole Wamiya situation. Didn't think she had it in her.

Next week is the start of a new arc, and a whole new life for Izumiko. Let's see if she'll fit in at Honjou.

I feel like I should also mention the ceremony Izumiko performed to dismiss Wamiya was beautiful.
Old 2013-04-17, 18:58   Link #27
HandofFate

Can't tell if I like izumiko's singing and dance or not.
Old 2013-04-18, 00:11   Link #28
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oooh. I can understand why Wamiya influenced Izumiko to stay in the city, but why Houjou of all places now? Because her father recommended it? Nah, it must be because Miyuki wanted to go there. XD

Yeah, Wamiya basically was a placeholder for Miyuki pretty much. Created because Izumiko wanted someone to truly understand her? Well, Miyuki is starting to get there, plus he was able to change her mind with relative ease as to which high school she should go to. As someone created because of her wish to have friends, I guess once the REAL childhood friend came along, Wamiya is no match even with him trying to influence Izumiko's mind.

/shipppingglasses

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 01:32   Link #29
Triple_R
Center Attraction

The third episode was pretty good, very tight. The first three episodes collectively create a nice opening arc to setup everything that follows.

Miyuki and Izumiko's character growth did feel a bit rushed to me, but given that a significant time-jump was involved, and given that I like them much more now than I did in the first episode, I'll gladly take it. An Izumiko with more backbone, and a Miyuki who's less prone to harsh criticism and angst, is definitely an improvement for both characters, imo.

Wamiya made a good antagonist in this episode. He reminded me a bit of Nomi from Accel World. Like Nomi, he provided a good, creepy challenge for the protagonists.

The visuals continue to be stunning, and at times breath-taking. P.A. Works is certainly bringing their A game here, and it's great to see!

My quick first impression of Izumiko's new roommate is good. The main cast needs a lively and energetic character like that to round things out, imo. So I guess the question now is how good the rest of the new and actual major cast will be. In a sense, Episode 4 represents the real beginning of this anime, so I'm looking forward to watching it.
Old 2013-04-18, 01:52   Link #30
TimeSkip

In ep. 2, the goddess said she came because she felt something stir (in Izumiko's mind) and she was looking at Miyuki.

After watching ep. 3, it's time to put on my shipping glasses.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 04:24   Link #31
ookamigirl

Wamiya was acting very weird.
Almost like he was possessed by something.
Izumiko is like a magnet for bad things.
The way things are now, she'd be better off staying at the temple.
That girl is so powerful and she doesn't have a clue.
Nice episode with a beautiful dance in the end.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 08:58   Link #32
blewin

and the guy got "killed" just like that? I'm disappointed that the story introduced him as someone suspicious and just took him out so quickly.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 09:03   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

In the OP, he's standing next to another person who looks a lot like him, so chances are this isn't the last we'll hear of him. Even if he never appears again, he could still influence the story.
Old 2013-04-18, 10:05   Link #34
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Well, Wamiya was a mountain god to begin with, he shouldn't hold much authority outside of his homeland. Though I wouldn't mind it if Izumiko summoned him, if weaker, in a future pinch.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 14:16   Link #35
Haak
Forever Alone...

To be honest i didn't feel that episode 3 was as good as the previous two. The life threatening situations kinda lacked tension because they were just happening too fast and because of the characters themselves who didn't feel convincingly threatened. At first I was intrigued by the mystery but the lack of context is starting to hurt some scenes and it's difficult to feel for characters when you don't even know how much they know about the events that are unfolding around them. I can't even tell if it's actually supposed to be a mystery or if the exposition is just lacking. Wamiya turned out to be interesting though which is why I hope he comes back.
Old 2013-04-24, 17:17   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 4

New setting, new troubles for Izumiko. She didn't even have time to settle in. The pace was pretty fast once again. They wasted no time revealing the Wamiya look-a-like is a baddie and what his identity is (an onmyouji). Same goes for Izumiko's roommate. I take it this is no normal school and most people here are involved with the supernatural to some extent.

Izumiko finally got rid of her horrid glasses. She looks a lot cuter without them. I was slightly disappointed she want back to acting like a scaredy-cat in this episode, but it's not like I expected her personality to change overnight. She was at least brave enough to meet the shikigami, so that's good. She can do it if she tries.

The Sudou twins (triplets?) are likable characters. When Mayura revealed herself to be... whatever it is she is, I feared the worst but she remained a genuinely nice girl. I was relieved she didn't fake her friendliness. I'm sure she'll get along well with Izumiko.
Old 2013-04-24, 21:35   Link #37
Triple_R
Center Attraction

I actually kind of like how fast-paced this show is. With each episode so far, I feel like I'm jumping right into the plot, like a person jumping into the deep end of a pool. It makes the viewing experience so much more rich and fulfilling, imo.

Like Kanon, I think that Izumiko looks better without the glasses than with. She does indeed look rather cute without the glasses. Not quite as cute as her new roommate, but very cute nonetheless.

The new characters are a lot of fun, definitely including the roommate and the antagonist.
Old 2013-04-24, 22:14   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly Izumiko looks cuter without the glasses, but can't help think they are going back on soon. If they do influence her ability to shut out things she's sensitive to, it'd probably be easier to keep them on. Nothing makes learning more complicated than suddenly being overcome by the pressure of sensing some weird black mass around someone.

Did like the new characters and hopefully the roommate's eye isn't permanently damaged. Pretty insane that the website had a curse that almost got them killed. That is someone they do need to take care of and fast.
Old 2013-04-25, 00:49   Link #39
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

Guess I'm part of the minority who actually likes her with those glasses on, but I'm just biased towards girls with glasses.
Old 2013-04-25, 08:28   Link #40
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well.... I just want to say... how many good anime are going to appear in this season?!?!

Red Data Girl is actually my last priority anime... but when I watched it, I just can't stop and entered this in my watching list

great episode so far
although I think it's little too slow

ep 1 : I never expect PA Works will make such gloomy setting for their protagonist. What a strong introduction and truly make us want to know more what's actually happen here

ep 2 : everything started to get clearer. Miyuki showed up his manly side by protecting Suzuhara during their time in Tokyo. Although I'm little disappointed because they don't meet the mother but it's paid off when I see Himegami's true form... beautiful!

ep 3 : Wamiya's arc is actually boring... but to think Suzuhara will be the one who get rid of him is good (and Miyuki just showed some his coward side). I'm glad they don't show the old school anymore... Suzuhara's old school is horrible

ep 4 : this episode is like the beginning of everything.. Meeting a villain and allies are covered well. And of course I like the new school's situation...
Suzuhara without megane is perfect! now let's wait until she let off her braids

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote