AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-27, 11:27   Link #41
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Highly doubt it, I think Armin was just playing the "Comrades" card...but who knows, guess we can find out if she's ever unfrozen or whatever she is in.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 14:06   Link #42
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Bit disappointed in all the scenes they cut out from the latest anime episode. It left out things explanation of Titan biology (important imo), and Misaka carrying off Eren like a sack of potatoes (funny), as well as the class rankings.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 15:29   Link #43
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Bit disappointed in all the scenes they cut out from the latest anime episode. It left out things explanation of Titan biology (important imo), and Misaka carrying off Eren like a sack of potatoes (funny), as well as the class rankings.
Maybe they'll slip in some info about the titans in the upcoming eyecatches,I never liked the Misaka carries Eren scene to begin with and the class rankings were just a way to introduce the characters in the manga there's no need for it here.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 16:53   Link #44
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Maybe they'll slip in some info about the titans in the upcoming eyecatches,I never liked the Misaka carries Eren scene to begin with and the class rankings were just a way to introduce the characters in the manga there's no need for it here.
Actually there's a hint in the rankings about something odd about Annie and the rest (well, you only really get it after finding out the truth about them) but notice how Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt got the top spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively) aside from Mikasa and Eren.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 21:22   Link #45
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
unless totoum is referring to the top 10

I don't really remember much of the so called class ranking
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 21:39   Link #46
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
What other rankings other than the class rankings were there? xD

If I remember correctly it went like:
Mikasa
Reiner
Bertholdt
Annie
Eren
Jean
Marco
Conny
Sasha
Christa
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 01:13   Link #47
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orange Road
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
What other rankings other than the class rankings were there? xD
popularity ranking

1 Rivaille 3952 votes
2 Eren Jaeger 2244 votes
3 Mikasa Ackerman 2232 votes
4 Sasha Braus 818 votes
5 Christa Renz 664 votes
6 Annie Leonhardt 452 votes
7 Hanji Zoe 388 votes
8 Reiner Braun 348 votes
9 Jean Kirschtein 310 votes
10 Armin Arlelt 290 votes
11 Ymir N/A
12 Irvin Smith N/A
13 Petra Ral N/A
14 Bertholdt Fubar N/A
15 Nanaba N/A
16 Mike Zakarius N/A
17 Conny Springer N/A
18 Auruo Bossard N/A
19 Dot Pixis N/A
20 Marco Bodt N/A
__________________
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 06:18   Link #48
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Bit disappointed in all the scenes they cut out from the latest anime episode. It left out things explanation of Titan biology (important imo), and Misaka carrying off Eren like a sack of potatoes (funny), as well as the class rankings.
The class ranking was in the eyecatch.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 08:27   Link #49
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
popularity ranking

1 Rivaille 3952 votes
2 Eren Jaeger 2244 votes
3 Mikasa Ackerman 2232 votes
4 Sasha Braus 818 votes
5 Christa Renz 664 votes
6 Annie Leonhardt 452 votes
7 Hanji Zoe 388 votes
8 Reiner Braun 348 votes
9 Jean Kirschtein 310 votes
10 Armin Arlelt 290 votes
11 Ymir N/A
12 Irvin Smith N/A
13 Petra Ral N/A
14 Bertholdt Fubar N/A
15 Nanaba N/A
16 Mike Zakarius N/A
17 Conny Springer N/A
18 Auruo Bossard N/A
19 Dot Pixis N/A
20 Marco Bodt N/A
Talking about plot related rankings >_>
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 09:30   Link #50
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
The confusion between "Rivaille" Levi" is really starting to bother me.

The original name in katakana is リヴァイ romanized with the hepburn system becomes: RIVAI

Now "Rivaille" isn't completely right, it does it right until "rivai" even considering the pronounce (in french) but then the last part is entirely made up.
A proper transliteration of "Rivaille" in katakana would be リヴァイユ (RIVAIYU) the same way "Versailles" is officially transliterated as ヴェルサイユ (VERUSAIYU)

However the other common transliteration is "Levi" or "Levy" which sounds even more wrong to me. The only "Levi" that I know of is the name of biblical tradition which is still used as family names by many jews.
The problem is that in every language that I know of it is pronounced as LEH-VI which in katakana is レヴィ (REVI).

I just can't wrap my mind around this assumption that if I see "Levi" I am supposed to think it as a shortening of "Leviathan". I don't think that there is any language where you would pronounce "Levi" like that, certainly not german.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 09:53   Link #51
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The confusion between "Rivaille" Levi" is really starting to bother me.

The original name in katakana is リヴァイ romanized with the hepburn system becomes: RIVAI

Now "Rivaille" isn't completely right, it does it right until "rivai" even considering the pronounce (in french) but then the last part is entirely made up.
A proper transliteration of "Rivaille" in katakana would be リヴァイユ (RIVAIYU) the same way "Versailles" is officially transliterated as ヴェルサイユ (VERUSAIYU)

However the other common transliteration is "Levi" or "Levy" which sounds even more wrong to me. The only "Levi" that I know of is the name of biblical tradition which is still used as family names by many jews.
The problem is that in every language that I know of it is pronounced as LEH-VI which in katakana is レヴィ (REVI).

I just can't wrap my mind around this assumption that if I see "Levi" I am supposed to think it as a shortening of "Leviathan". I don't think that there is any language where you would pronounce "Levi" like that, certainly not german.
Levi's Jeans. :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 10:51   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Levi seems to have become the most popular romanization. I've heard Levi is also used in the official American release, so that's as official as it gets until the mangaka finally decides to tell us how it's spelled. I'll stick with Levi from now on.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 10:56   Link #53
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
I want to ask this on Q & A thread but, I think this is a major spoiler for non manga reader... so
Spoiler for Just to be save:
__________________
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:01   Link #54
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
I want to ask this on Q & A thread but, I think this is a major spoiler for non manga reader... so
Spoiler for Just to be save:
Have you read the manga?
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:02   Link #55
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
I want to ask this on Q & A thread but, I think this is a major spoiler for non manga reader... so
Spoiler for Just to be save:
What the same in human form?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:03   Link #56
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
I want to ask this on Q & A thread but, I think this is a major spoiler for non manga reader... so
Spoiler for Just to be save:
What do you mean with "same"? It seems that you already know that a human can turn into titan and viceversa, but it seems that you don't know more than that...
That's a pretty big spoiler...

Let's just say that there is a specific human that can turn into the colossal Titan and another specific human that can turn into the armored titan. It doesn't seem so far that someone can take whatever form he wants as a titan.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:09   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
I think he was asking if there are several colossal titans or if the ones from ep 1 and 4 are one and the same. The answer is that there is only one of them as far as we know.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:14   Link #58
Raviel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
^Well.........

Spoiler for Massive spoilers about the titans:
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:16   Link #59
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think he was asking if there are several colossal titans or if the ones from ep 1 and 4 are one and the same. The answer is that there is only one of them as far as we know.
Spoiler for other major spoiler:


PS: Ninjaed
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:18   Link #60
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Okay let me get more specific here.

Spoiler for To be save again giving some name here . . .:


And yes I'm read the manga.
__________________

Last edited by n120cky; 2013-04-28 at 11:28.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.