AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-04-27, 20:59   Link #3301
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
well she does it with an axe and sword

Doti and Lise are partners in Malefic which takes contract work from Necessarius and anyone willing to pay the needed amount, which isn't really much. To speak they are cheap but very effective in what they do.

Does it fit well into the canonverse that instead of power levels, power/ability types decide who wins? well not really decide but there are decidedly good match-ups and bad ones?
Well I suppose it isn't that over-powered if you don't go into detail and stress that it was just the flunkies... but then again this is coming from someone who's planning on having a character effectively knock out the entire ROC and another who tears Othinus into several trillion pieces.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 21:16   Link #3302
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I have a character that is basically a mortal god... can't get any more OP than that

Scratch that. A mortal that's equal to gods.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-04-27 at 21:33.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 23:38   Link #3303
Dyingbreath

Quote:
I have a character that is basically a mortal god... can't get any more OP than that

Scratch that. A mortal that's equal to gods.
One of my characters is a semi-immortal who creates gods. So ha.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:17   Link #3304
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Uh that one guy also makes gods Though he prolly won't all throughout his growth since it's outside of his understanding. Different story if Aiwass could somehow get the power. Well the mortal that's equal to gods is only that ina sense in that she is immune to any higher power that is ethereal to her. concepts of fate, luck and such do not apply. She is as she is.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:18   Link #3305
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
The idea is creative but it's a bit hard to conceive of. Are you going for a "butterfly effect" kind of power where she can change her own action?

And then you'd need to take care to address any changes it causes in the story.
Sort of.

However, I don't really need to show the changes, the irony is that I need to show things which are unchanged (or rather reversed back to original state).

Why?

Because Time is a concept perceived by humans. The whole week can repeat itself without anybody knowing (even if the said person is a singularity unaffected by the time alteration).

Event happening during that day can change (even if the time is looping) due to reasons as simple as "somebody woke up feeling lazy" or "doesn't feel like it".

=

Since To-aru-verse characters are still affected by time alteration (Even Aiwass or may be Aiwass is just acting ignorant so that he can have fun watching).

Certain characters(*cough* Tokimi) can beat the crap out of the canon characters without major impact to the To-aru story. The only thing changed is that the Canon Characters will avoided certain route sub-consciously.

Example:
A fork road which Accelerator can go left or right.

But because he pick right in the previous timeline, he end up fighting Tokimi (One-sided curbstomp battle because Accelerator underestimated her). So after time reset, he will always pick left (side-effect of the Butterfly Effect).

Quote:
Speaking of the story... you talk about it a lot on here, how far along in the story are you? What's it called?
Working on finer detail on certain plot (It's Academy City, so trying to attempt a Gambit pileup ) and the causes of the weird events happening in the story.

Still have difficulty working on format of the story and which plot to start first (mostly to hide certain facts)

As for the title....still a work in progress.

Still wondering if I should use To-Aru's title format (A certain XXXX) or just go for something which represent the story.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:00   Link #3306
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Sort of.

However, I don't really need to show the changes, the irony is that I need to show things which are unchanged (or rather reversed back to original state).

Why?

Because Time is a concept perceived by humans. The whole week can repeat itself without anybody knowing (even if the said person is a singularity unaffected by the time alteration).

Event happening during that day can change (even if the time is looping) due to reasons as simple as "somebody woke up feeling lazy" or "doesn't feel like it".

=

Since To-aru-verse characters are still affected by time alteration (Even Aiwass or may be Aiwass is just acting ignorant so that he can have fun watching).

Certain characters(*cough* Tokimi) can beat the crap out of the canon characters without major impact to the To-aru story. The only thing changed is that the Canon Characters will avoided certain route sub-consciously.

Example:
A fork road which Accelerator can go left or right.

But because he pick right in the previous timeline, he end up fighting Tokimi (One-sided curbstomp battle because Accelerator underestimated her). So after time reset, he will always pick left (side-effect of the Butterfly Effect).

Working on finer detail on certain plot (It's Academy City, so trying to attempt a Gambit pileup ) and the causes of the weird events happening in the story.

Still have difficulty working on format of the story and which plot to start first (mostly to hide certain facts)

As for the title....still a work in progress.

Still wondering if I should use To-Aru's title format (A certain XXXX) or just go for something which represent the story.
I'd personally go with something easier to work with or else you'll be bogged down explaining everything and even then a lot of people won't get it (plus you're doing inexcusable things to the concept of time)
Old 2013-04-28, 01:27   Link #3307
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
I'd personally go with something easier to work with or else you'll be bogged down explaining everything and even then a lot of people won't get it (plus you're doing inexcusable things to the concept of time)
Well..... alternative I can sweep the whole aspect under the carpet and just throw a hint or two about what was actually happening.

It does simplify the whole story and focus on the event happening on hand and also make the story a little darker and depressing once you realize the truth.

=
There are some Symbolism behind the Esper ability (as in the ones whose ability doesn't exist for fun). I am running out of time to post the whole list so....

The symbolism behind Tokimi's ability/inability is actually quite obvious.
Spoiler for symbolism:
. It also represented the (hidden) Antagonist's motivation.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:47   Link #3308
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well I suppose someone who can somewhat see the future can keep up with that.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:55   Link #3309
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
In the words of a wise russian man: "I have yet to meet man who can outsmart bullet"
The Heavy obviously hasn't met the boy who was raised by a Russian that could dissolve bullet-kun by AIM field.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 02:14   Link #3310
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Tainaka versus Magneto... Where is that box of microwave popcorn?
Old 2013-04-28, 02:20   Link #3311
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Tainaka versus Magneto... Where is that box of microwave popcorn?
Done it already. Its called "Tainaka hits on Misaka and is thrown into a wall with a electromagnetic field because to Misaka, he's one dense metalhead."

Old 2013-04-28, 06:49   Link #3312
demino_hellsin
That one guy

An idea suddenly hit my brain. Saten looks at her celphone.

"When did I install this? Dae- Monu- Samo- ninggu apu?"

Peaceful days are over. Let's survive.

D:
Old 2013-04-29, 09:07   Link #3313
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:

D:
Done already by canon. Many times. Its called Civil War, the Aztec War, World War III.

Tainaka may be a detective, but by WW3 Saten is a bonafide war veteran.

But I suppose using solid holograms to fight off stuff works too... if the phone has the BATTERY to suppose such things. The cold fusion skyships of FLEET employ solid holograms for a variety of uses, including ablative armor, but full-on photonic ships and combat drones is a whole other level.

Old 2013-04-29, 09:14   Link #3314
faiz blaster

Quote:

D:
Devil Survivor? Wouldn't that fall on the Magic category?
Old 2013-04-29, 09:17   Link #3315
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Devil Survivor? Wouldn't that fall on the Magic category?
You could pull that off 2 ways:

1 - Circuit boards that correspond to magical sigils allow the phone to literally call up a demon. In other words, something up GREMLIN's alley, but this is some pretty advanced metamagic at work. The faction's gotta much older. I'd say this would actually be a Knights Templar exclusive combat technology. (Knights Templar is based on The Secret World here and my retired writings regarding that faction.)

2 - Phones with an app that activates the city's holo-emitters to project combat holograms, using Oracle computing technology to "foresee" the most likely future.

Old 2013-04-29, 12:49   Link #3316
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Spoiler for Blurring the line of Dream and Reality::

=

Spoiler for Delusion or reality?:
Old 2013-04-29, 19:16   Link #3317
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The original system used 2 versions.

Programmed magic circle that is written with romanized language of babel spell. It opens the gate to the demon world to call them over. Babel language is understood universally so even angels answer the call. Negative emotions are the material as demons feed off that as much as they do on flesh. That's why it connects to the greatest pool of despair, anger,hatred and just general negative feelings in the world. The internet. Along with demon summoning they get access to laplace mail which provides information on probable future events and seeing the deathclock which shows how many days a person has left to live.

the one implemented in the second game is directly connected to the akashic record. the phone connects to the record and sends a signal to tell it to say which demon is summoned. The record sends back the requested information which reforms with a matter known as magnetite. Akashic record also grants access to videos of all possible futures.
Old 2013-04-30, 02:57   Link #3318
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
The original system used 2 versions.

Programmed magic circle that is written with romanized language of babel spell. It opens the gate to the demon world to call them over. Babel language is understood universally so even angels answer the call. Negative emotions are the material as demons feed off that as much as they do on flesh. That's why it connects to the greatest pool of despair, anger,hatred and just general negative feelings in the world. The internet. Along with demon summoning they get access to laplace mail which provides information on probable future events and seeing the deathclock which shows how many days a person has left to live.

the one implemented in the second game is directly connected to the akashic record. the phone connects to the record and sends a signal to tell it to say which demon is summoned. The record sends back the requested information which reforms with a matter known as magnetite. Akashic record also grants access to videos of all possible futures.
In both instances, it smells of Knights Templar wizardry. Here's a little primer:

Spoiler for Knights Templar dossier executive summary:

Would you like to know more?

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2013-04-30 at 03:07.
Old 2013-04-30, 06:56   Link #3319
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Fascinating. It would be interesting to compare SMT lore with them.

Devil survivors also have their own bodies augmented by the system anyway. Though not like TAMNI does though.I think it corrects data on a conceptual scale to grant the user abilities. As well as superhuman capabilities.
Old 2013-04-30, 07:00   Link #3320
Dyingbreath

Quote:
The next arc in my story features the Knights Templar but I'm having a little trouble with it. I'm trying to make them similar to the Knights of England or the 13 Knights of the Roman Catholic Church but I'm not sure what kind of spells and abilities they had. The wiki article on them isn't very detailed.
If someone can tell me more about their abilities or if someone has any ideas for them in lieu of information I'd be happy to receive the feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
In both instances, it smells of Knights Templar wizardry. Here's a little primer:
Spoiler for Knights Templar dossier executive summary:

Would you like to know more?

Glad to see my writing is influencing people. You're expounding on it far more than I am (though I'm treating it more realistically) so I hope that works out well for you. I would be interested in hearing more though.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction