Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-04-28, 12:21   Link #701
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
But anyhow, I'll probably be seeing this film in the next few days before I say anything more.
I will wait for you reaction

*start popcorn machine*

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 12:44   Link #702
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
I wasn't aware Asuka Langley Soryu was featured in Rebuild. I do wonder how pirates got into Evangelion though.
Oh, sorry. I meant Shikinami. And if changing a character's name ruins EVERYTHING for you, regardless of any other concerns, then also, this movie is not for you.

Quote:
Rebuild Shinji has never really been TRULY the problem. It's the balance of character screen time, the pacing, the dumbing down of specific characters to the point they reflect some of the modern anime tropes they were supposed to be against in the first place (lol Rei), and stupidly thrown in random plot elements like Mari Sue.
I hear ya. They try to fit a thirteen-hour story into eight hours, and they did it in the most cliche way possible... by cutting things. Shame on them.

Quote:
But anyhow, I'll probably be seeing this film in the next few days before I say anything more.
Honestly? You've already said enough. It's the biggest joke of the decade, it's a waste, it's worse than 2.22 (which you already hated).

Myssa Rei was right. Don't watch it.

If you endorse it, you'll look like a hypocrite, since you'll be going against everything you said about it before. And if you don't like it, you'll look like a hypocrite, since everything you hated about 1.11 and 2.22 has been removed from this movie, and replaced with everything you claimed to like about the series.

It's a no-win.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:10   Link #703
zero7090

I feel like they are trying to claim the J.C staff grail of fucking things up.

p/s: 2.22 was released around May 2010, now it is April 2013 for 3.33. So Mar 2016 here we go.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 13:28   Link #704
hai_san

Don't jinx it if we go by your formula, next should be 4.44 and 04.04.2014 i pray
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 13:29   Link #705
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
At this point I'm wondering why Mari OR Asuka are even part of this series. Both of them literally only exist just to throw in extra action scenes. If this is what Khara always wanted the movies to lead to (which I don't believe in the slightest but whatever), they should have focused on their strong points and made a universe where Shinji and Rei are the only Evangelion pilots. Make the entire series be about the up and down dynamics between them, then toss in the Kaworu dilemma halfway through to mix things up. Then there would be no need to make up nonsensical plot devices that say how many Evas are allowed to be active at once, and they wouldn't be wasting their already rushed time on pointless side characters that just make shit blow up pretty.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 13:54   Link #706
matrigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
At this point I'm wondering why Mari OR Asuka are even part of this series.
pvc figures and dakimakuras
matrigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 13:55   Link #707
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrigs View Post
pvc figures and dakimakuras
+Doujin, dont forget the doujin :3

Old 2013-04-28, 14:18   Link #708
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
If you endorse it, you'll look like a hypocrite, since you'll be going against everything you said about it before. And if you don't like it, you'll look like a hypocrite, since everything you hated about 1.11 and 2.22 has been removed from this movie, and replaced with everything you claimed to like about the series.

It's a no-win.
Damn. So I can only be a hypocrite in this scenario .

That's nice and all, except I think you presented a bit of a false dilemma here.

Meanwhile Anno is laughing all the way to the bank. $$$$$
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 14:42   Link #709
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I do think it'll be kind of lame just having Shinji ...
Old 2013-04-28, 15:31   Link #710
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
At this point I'm wondering why Mari OR Asuka are even part of this series. Both of them literally only exist just to throw in extra action scenes. If this is what Khara always wanted the movies to lead to (which I don't believe in the slightest but whatever), they should have focused on their strong points and made a universe where Shinji and Rei are the only Evangelion pilots. Make the entire series be about the up and down dynamics between them, then toss in the Kaworu dilemma halfway through to mix things up. Then there would be no need to make up nonsensical plot devices that say how many Evas are allowed to be active at once, and they wouldn't be wasting their already rushed time on pointless side characters that just make shit blow up pretty.
Actually after 3 it looks like Asuka is going to be important after all, just like she was in the original series. Still don't get what Mari is for though.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 15:40   Link #711
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Actually after 3 it looks like Asuka is going to be important after all, just like she was in the original series. Still don't get what Mari is for though.
Mari basically Asuka support. she basically "asuka" when asuka not there

if Mari no here. people will complain Asuka will become Mary sue since she must do everything

Old 2013-04-28, 16:34   Link #712
hai_san

Well just consider what an outrage it will cause if there is NO Asuka in NGE...

Ps: well i was rewatching 2.22 again, and the preview... we got trolled very hard... somehow i can't trust the preiview of the 4 fouth movie anymore.

Last edited by hai_san; 2013-04-28 at 16:56.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 17:46   Link #713
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

People are talking about 2.0 & 3.0 but you do know that there are 2.2 & 3.3 right.

So we'll have to wait 2+ years for the next...

Anyway , i prefer EoE than this RoE... things are just going to be fanservice shots...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 18:13   Link #714
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Problem is in this case it's you, and people in the thread already know you hate the Rebuild movies with a passion. Yet here you are, prepping to watch something you hate, so you can hate on it more. It's pretty much a self-defeating and wasteful cycle if you ask me, as you'll end up hating it anyway, which will feed your hate for the last movie.

Save yourself the trouble.
Old 2013-04-28, 18:52   Link #715
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Just watched it, I am so confused
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 19:15   Link #716
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Just watched it, I am so confused
I think we all kinda are
Old 2013-04-28, 19:24   Link #717
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

The basic story is kinda simple thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Problem is in this case it's you, and people in the thread already know you hate the Rebuild movies with a passion. Yet here you are, prepping to watch something you hate, so you can hate on it more. It's pretty much a self-defeating and wasteful cycle if you ask me, as you'll end up hating it anyway, which will feed your hate for the last movie.

Save yourself the trouble.
Just leave him. He is masochist

Old 2013-04-28, 20:28   Link #718
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:

That's nice and all, except I think you presented a bit of a false dilemma here.
No, I know... You're thinking, "Oh, there are MANY ways I can hate this movie, not just one!"

Why bother watching it? You decided as soon as the first trailer came out that you thought it was terrible. You have started on MANY, MANY occasions that you think it's terrible. You've been, in fact, getting so repetitious about it that you might as well just copy one of your posts and keep pasting it again and again.

So why know your review. You've already written it. DESPITE the fact that this movie has basically nothing of what you criticized 1.0 and 2.0 for, and nearly everything you claim you like about the series.

You hate it. We know. Your hate is a burning passion that's been aflame for nearly four years now. And you're just not letting it go.

I can't tell you how to live your life, of course, but "waste of energy" comes to mind...
Old 2013-04-28, 20:28   Link #719
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Eh, I don't know. A lemon is a lemon. While I can make lemonade from lemons, there is nothing wrong in grumbling that I got a lemon when I wanted a sweet watermelon.

To each his own. Some people are obviously such huge fans of the franchise that, in their minds, the creators can do absolutely no wrong. Others won't hesitate to point out that the emperor is not wearing any clothes. It takes both points of view for a neutral party to come to as close as possible to an objective evaluation.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:35   Link #720
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
*snips*
Oh, I don't have any problem with criticizing valid points (and there's quite a bit to criticize with this movie!), but disliking something for the sake of disliking something, yet still watching said object of dislike just to dislike it even more is something I'm constantly baffled at.

Complaints on dropping us in the middle of the action with no explanation after what's apparently a massive timeskip (which leads to huge amounts of confusion) is the former. Professing to actively dislike the effort as a whole, then deciding to watch the thing anyway just because is the latter.

Tags
evangelion, remake