AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-24, 10:19   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Suisei no Gargantia - Spoilers & Speculation

The purpose of this thread is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation of the Suisei no Gargantia anime series, but be warned since it may contain unmarked spoilers. Having a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads.

Acceptable post topics
  • Personal theories, speculation, guesses and such. No spoiler tags required.
  • Posting magazine previews (such as from Animage). Spoiler tags required.

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 14:59   Link #2
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
According to both historical accounts Earth entered an ice age leading to a human exodus in space. Those would be Ledo's ancestors. Some were left behind they were the Gargantians and other Earth bound human ancestors.

But according to Ledo abnormalities with the Sun caused the ice age. Much to his surprise Earth became a water world. According to Amy's historical input the ice melted and her people had to live on ships ever since. Land is all but a fable. They use the Sea Galaxy, sea creatures that are bio-luminescent and discharges electricity lighning to power their ships and serve as convergence points between ships.

Meanwhile in space the Galactic Human Alliance is at war with the alien species Hideous/Hideuaze.

Speculations:

The Hideauze placed their nest near a sun. They are also shown to absorb the energy of the special nuke. Hideauze have an space flower weapon that can regenerate and and emit an energy beam resembling lightning.

The Hideauze are the reason for the abnormalities of Sol, Earth's Sun. Absorbing the energy of our sun lead to an ice age on Earth. Later through their own discovery or through historical records the humans in space determined the reason for their exile are the Hideauze. Thus a war was declared against them. Rank and file like Ledo do not know the entire story just they know humanity is at war of survival against these aliens.

At some point in time the Hideauze stopped messing with Earth's sun. This caused the ice to melt and humanity to enter a new age of sail. But they left some remnants. Harmless and beneficial to humanity, the Sea Galaxies.

Also I speculate there could be dry land somewhere as fleets like Gargantia follow the Sea Galaxies. They just haven't found them yet due to their comfort zones.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 18:13   Link #3
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Interesting, what if Hideauze's ability goes beyond that and able to control the energy of the sun. If Hiedauze are key to creating hospitable planet, the conflicts in the future is going to be interesting.

Aside from that does sees a time travel being involved?
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 18:41   Link #4
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
So far the story seems to suggest that inhabitable are practically non-existent.

Avalon seems to be the major human outpost the alliance has and it is a space colony, moreover Ledo said that finding colonizable planets is one of the alliance's main objective and even suggests that earth might become the new "hub" of mankind in spite of the fact that there's no land.

It's really very hard to believe that they never found any planet with conditions good enough to be colonized in the whole galaxy or that they don't possess the technology to terraform any despite their incredibly advanced technology (Right now, for example, the project of colonizing Mars is more plausible than traveling to the nearest star or than gravity control)

I think that it might be all the Hideauze's fault. They are probably causing every single planet they go to to become uninhabitable just like how they did with earth. This is probably why the alliance hates them so much.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:32   Link #5
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

I think that it might be all the Hideauze's fault. They are probably causing every single planet they go to to become uninhabitable just like how they did with earth. This is probably why the alliance hates them so much.
From what the first episode implied, the Hideauze seem to be some sort of planet eater to me. They don't just make a world uninhabitable, they kill it dead then move on to the next.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 23:01   Link #6
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I'm right behind you
Age: 32
Has anyone wondered if the Hideauze might be descendants of a "wandering tribe" who left Earth sometime after Ledo's people did and started competing with the Alliance for territory and resources? The "snails" could be their mechas.

Ergo, Amy and co. are Hideauze.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 23:36   Link #7
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Has anyone wondered if the Hideauze might be descendants of a "wandering tribe" who left Earth sometime after Ledo's people did and started competing with the Alliance for territory and resources? The "snails" could be their mechas.

Ergo, Amy and co. are Hideauze.
No you misunderstand. Wanderers or drifters are space colonists unaffiliated with the Human Galactic Alliance. In short independents.

Their ancestors left at same period of exodus when the Earth froze.

It is like Gargantia isn't the only fleet on Earth, Avalon is not the only fleet in space.

Gargantians and other humans on Earth are remnants of humanity that didn't leave Earth.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:00   Link #8
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Here is a thought. What if the reason why the Galactic Alliance has not picked up Ledo's distress beacon is because they have been defeated by the Hideauze? That means that Ledo will have no place to return to, and has to adapt to life on Earth.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:05   Link #9
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
That's possible. After all several months have passed and last time he was there the alliance suffered a major defeat. The Hideauze could have decided to retaliate.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:28   Link #10
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
...or it is opposite

The Galactic Alliance has defeated Hideauze while Ledo was sleeping. The reason he can't contact them is because they cut him out from the line of communication as he's no longer "needed". Other soilders like him are also put in eternal sleep.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 00:04   Link #11
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I doubt he is using a FTL distress signal. They are probably just out of reach.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 06:19   Link #12
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Another possibility is that maybe the cost (use of resources) of rescuing him outweighs his benefits as a soldier?
They may think he's immobile and drifting somewhere in space, not that he landed on a living planet.
__________________
Awrya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 07:24   Link #13
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Given that Chamber is still trying to work out their position, we can assume that Earth's coordinates have been lost to the Alliance. Which really sounds improbable given their tech level but there you have it. So he's stranded god knows where, he'd be lucky if it's in the same galaxy. Sub-lightspeed comms won't be of any use, and rescue is not forthcoming - if they don't know where Earth is, and don't know he's there, then there's no way they'd just randomly show up (except if it's convenient for the plot).

Ideally, I hope that he doesn't return to the fleet, or even have any means to do so, and just stays with Gargantia Failing that, I think he'll have to work out some way to open a wormhole or send an FTL distress call. Maybe that black tower that showed up in this episode can be of some use?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 07:45   Link #14
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Given that Chamber is still trying to work out their position, we can assume that Earth's coordinates have been lost to the Alliance. Which really sounds improbable given their tech level but there you have it. So he's stranded god knows where, he'd be lucky if it's in the same galaxy.
Unless the early Alliance destroyed all navigational data on Earth given they encountered hostile alien life.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 08:21   Link #15
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Given that Chamber is still trying to work out their position, we can assume that Earth's coordinates have been lost to the Alliance. Which really sounds improbable given their tech level but there you have it.
One possibility is that Chamber was deliberately programmed with insufficient data to locate Earth. Think about it from a commander's / Powers That Be perspective. You're sending a computer into battle against an enemy who wants to massacre your species. Are you going to program that computer -- which could be captured by the enemy -- with information on how to locate the home world? Would you let your pilot who's not even a full citizen in your culture know where to find the home world? What I'm suggesting is that Ledo may have been lied to by the Alliance and Chamber has been programmed to support that lie.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 08:58   Link #16
Raviel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
^That makes too much sense for it to not be partially true, on that note, what if the orginal plan of the humans who left Earth was to allow the planet to regenerate and then return when it was habitable again.

Of course encountering the Hideauze would put a wrench in this plan thus the leaders of the Alliance keep Earth's location a secret to prevent the Hideauze from finding it.

Although until we find out more about the time scale of the setting we can't really say anything for sure, for all we know the Alliance has simply lost information about Earth because of the Hideauze.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 10:54   Link #17
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
^That makes too much sense for it to not be partially true, on that note, what if the orginal plan of the humans who left Earth was to allow the planet to regenerate and then return when it was habitable again.

Of course encountering the Hideauze would put a wrench in this plan thus the leaders of the Alliance keep Earth's location a secret to prevent the Hideauze from finding it.
My thoughts exactly.

Right now, I distrust everything Ledo and Chamber have said about the Alliance (except for episode 4's spoiler). Not because I think Ledo and Chamber are lying, but because I suspect Ledo has been lied to and Chamber has been programmed to support those lies.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 12:34   Link #18
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Haven't seen it from that perspective, I think you're on to something. Wouldn't make sense to give so many possibilities for the enemy to discover your ancient homeworld. Especially not if you secretly hoped to return there later. Or if Ledo was lied to, as you say, and the higher ups are actually well aware that Earth is habitable again.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 14:49   Link #19
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Here's another random speculation on another topic. What if the Hidxxx aren't really a new alien species? What if the Hidxxx are really mutated plants and animals that were taken into space as part of the humans' exodus?

Right now, the image I have of the exodus from Earth is one or more generational ships carrying humans (either awake or asleep) plus a complement of plants and bugs to support the humans' future home colonization. During the journey, the plants & bugs mutated, became (semi?) sentient and rebelled against their human masters.

How's about that for a What If scenario?

I love playing What If games.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 19:13   Link #20
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Something occurred to me. Human family is phased out in the Alliance. But they have AI serving as teaching units to make their partners successful soldiers.

So who is really running the Alliance? Humans or AI that worship humans?

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2013-04-29 at 19:25.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.