AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-01, 07:06   Link #501
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Even if Youto did not see her face, it couldn't be that difficult to recognize her again. Just like someone can instantly pick out his boss in a meeting room, even if his boss' back is turned to him.
To be fair, Youto only met her like twice, in a dark night, and that was over a month ago. I'd say it's more believable that he doesn't remember her, especially since their meeting has more significance on Tsukiko.

Quote:
Anyways, based on the OP and ED song, I doubt any girl except Tsukiko has a chance. Just look at the ending parts of the OP song, Azusa is lumped together with the "other girls".
Actually, a more reliable way is going by the title, as titles of LNs pretty much 'spoil' who is going to end up with whom. Or at the very least tells you who's the 'winner'.

And "Warawanai Neko"? Can also translate to something like "unsmiling cat" or "the cat that never laughs". While at first glance it seems they are referring to the stony cat statue, it can actually refer to Tsukiko. For one, the cat actually smiled at the halfway point of episode 1. Another is that Tsukiko LITERALLY is unsmiling due to being unable to express her emotions, and she is figuratively portrayed as a cat (as opposed to Azusa who is figuratively portrayed as a dog).

So yeah, it's pretty much Tsukiko or bust, because I don't think she's gonna get cured of her condition any time soon. It's either probably would be the running gag, or at least it would be the main overarching storyline. I mean she lost a meat bun in exchange for the 24/7 poker face, so how the heck are they gonna look for the one who got her expressions? XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 08:18   Link #502
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I mean she lost a meat bun in exchange for the 24/7 poker face, so how the heck are they gonna look for the one who got her expressions? XD
Maybe there's someone who will show *too* much expressions so that the saying "your thoughts are written on your face" can be taken word by word That's to say, I wouldn't mind a Tsukiko ending. Her being/having become expressionless has so far been executed fairly well IMHO.

Though, leaving the MCs lack of memory aside, I'd like that the relationship between Azusa and him becomes more than cute misunderstandings (for the former) and pervy jokes/situations between them.
Old 2013-05-01, 10:29   Link #503
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Based on what's been said and shown it's undoubtedly the unsmiling cat (the statue, not Tsukiko ... obviously), it had that huge smile printed on its face ever since Yokodera and Tsukiko-san's prayers were made.

Anyway, I'm starving and I'm looking for food
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
HHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.jpg
Old 2013-05-01, 12:19   Link #504
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Suddenly, I'm getting quite hungry again. I'm sure a bowl of Tsukiko will do quite nicely.
Old 2013-05-01, 20:05   Link #505
TJR

"Korean Controversy" Part 2, huh?

Amazon reviews seem to indicate this. Apparently, C2C (who produced Ep. 3) outsourced backgrounds to some Korean companies, and one artist drew a poster with an image that resembles a K-Pop star.

With Sakurasou fresh in everyone's minds, it seems that an uproar has emerged once again.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 20:14   Link #506
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
"Korean Controversy" Part 2, huh?

Amazon reviews seem to indicate this. Apparently, C2C (who produced Ep. 3) outsourced backgrounds to some Korean companies, and one artist drew a poster with an image that resembles a K-Pop star.

With Sakurasou fresh in everyone's minds, it seems that an uproar has emerged once again.
They also didn't like the writer, who worked on some Sakurasou episode scripts, so a few people considered it "corrupt by extension".

But in the end, I don't think this will gain as much traction as the last time. It's just a sort of aftershock from the first controversy from people who won't let it go.
Old 2013-05-02, 05:06   Link #507
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Shit stirrers would be shit stirring.

Studios have been outsourcing work to Korea and other places for a long time already.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 12:06   Link #508
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 22:20   Link #509
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Shit stirrers would be shit stirring.

Studios have been outsourcing work to Korea and other places for a long time already.
I think there's one way to purge the Otaku industry of bigots. Compile a list of anime in recent years that have been partly outsourced to Koreans, Chinese or other non-Japanese animators. Release it somewhere where it would get notice. Hope that it appears in a popular Japanese forum or image-site.

Watch the uproar.

Or maybe not.

Seriously, these people amuse me, and it would be a shame of Hen-Neko flops like Sakurasou over this.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 02:39   Link #510
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

huh, I thought outsourcing is a commonly known fact, what happened to Sakurasou?
Old 2013-05-04, 02:52   Link #511
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
huh, I thought outsourcing is a commonly known fact, what happened to Sakurasou?
Rice porridge was switched with a Korean dish (which would actually be better for someone that's sick), we got reminded Otaku are Japanese. And the Japanese don't like the Koreans and haven't for a few hundred years.

It probably hurt the sales, though I don't know how much of that was bluster and how much of it was real. 2-cours shows either sell really well or fail. There's not been a real middle ground lately. (There also isn't a lot of 2 cours shows, either)
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 03:03   Link #512
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Rice porridge was switched with a Korean dish (which would actually be better for someone that's sick), we got reminded Otaku are Japanese. And the Japanese don't like the Koreans and haven't for a few hundred years.
Actually, samgyetang would have been bad. It's not for someone who's sick.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 03:29   Link #513
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I think there's one way to purge the Otaku industry of bigots. Compile a list of anime in recent years that have been partly outsourced to Koreans, Chinese or other non-Japanese animators. Release it somewhere where it would get notice. Hope that it appears in a popular Japanese forum or image-site.
Please have K-On and Madoka in it....
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 03:34   Link #514
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I'm pretty sure Shaft outsourcing a lots.
Old 2013-05-04, 03:35   Link #515
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
I'm pretty sure Everyone outsourcing a lots.
fixed for accuracy

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 03:36   Link #516
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I don't think people care that foreign workers help making Japanese shows, but they (claim to) dislike when the story is changed to introduce foreign culture elements into the work that were "never intended to be there".

But anyway, it's a silly over-reaction, and I feel like we've already given it more "press time" than it deserves. Looking forward to the new Henneko episode soon.
Old 2013-05-04, 03:37   Link #517
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Please have K-On
Kyoani is probably the only one to not outsource to Korea (although that doesn't mean they don't employ Koreans in-house).
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 04:05   Link #518
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's funny how much anti-Korean sentiment there is in Japan, given that much of Japanese culture including Buddhism made its way into Japan via Korea, and the Japanese language itself most likely originally developed on the Korean Peninsula.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 04:17   Link #519
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just sayin'... but I'd really like for this thread not to get sidetracked down this trail (that could end up in a big argument), so let's please try to leave it at that. If it really needs to be discussed I guess maybe another thread could be found... but my experience is that these topics never go or end well...
Old 2013-05-04, 09:02   Link #520
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I was told that the bellybutton scene was much more NSFW in the manga. Is this true?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romantic comedy, seinen, supernatural, tsundere