AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-03, 02:12   Link #961
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Also Alsiel is the best wife:

Spoiler for GIFs:
Gifs!! XD Ashiya is so awesome. Now I just hope someone will do a fanart of him in Demon General mode with Maou's pantsu as a war banner, emblazoned with the words "JUST A REMINDER, SIRE: SPEND YOUR MONEY WISELY" or something.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 02:17   Link #962
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 02:47   Link #963
Kyouka
Is Here
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 24
oh uh scene left out of the anime from the manga =D
Spoiler for Pic:
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 03:05   Link #964
ginger02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
I laughed so hard at Maou's voice when he told Chiho "Aw, c'mon, they weren't that amazing." Gah i love his voice actor, whoever he is.

I never heard of this show when I started watching, but now I think it's my favorite show of the season, and maybe even the year so far. I'd say it probably would go in this order now:

1. The Devil is a Part-Timer
2. Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
3. Chihayafuru 2
4. Uta no Prince-Sama 2
5. Karneval

Shame Devil and Karneval aren't streamed by CR.

It's interesting how different this episode is from, say episode 2, while still keeping that touch of the show that I like. I like Emerada and Albert too, I wish they stayed. The only thing I didn't like was the gray-scale when Maou put up the barrier.

I can't seem to find the manga or light novel anywhere. I don't know how fast it's updating even though.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 03:17   Link #965
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
I laughed so hard at Maou's voice when he told Chiho "Aw, c'mon, they weren't that amazing." Gah i love his voice actor, whoever he is.
That's Oosaka Ryouta aka Yuki from Tsuritama, this season he also plays Haruto in Valvrave. He's awesome as Maou, I hope he's going to get even more roles like this in the future.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 06:06   Link #966
Iron Maw
EXEC_CHRONICLE=KEY/
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Ep 5

Great episode as many other have said. The animation during the fight was a lot better than I was expecting given this isn't really an action series. I do have one issue here though and that's the language inconsistency. How did Emi's companions understand her when they all speaking another language altogether without a hint of a translator (spell or otherwise)? It's a fairly minor thing, but since the show bother to acknowledge some sort of barrier communication it gets annoying to see something like that.

So... I guess the main question now is where does this show go from here? Maou has method he can use to return to his world anytime, so working at MagD is pretty pointless in that endeavor. He's pretty much given up his "world domination" plans and intends to live as human from now. If show wanted it can much end here or the next episode depending when it decides to resolve things between Emi and Maou.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 06:13   Link #967
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portugal
Age: 29
They sure went all out this episode. Lucifer's beaten back into submission, evil priest gets captured and presumably sent back to Ente Isla, Chiho gets to see Maou's bodybuilder alter-ego and Emi finally gets confirmation that Maou's not really that evil.. or at all.

Makes you wonder what they'll do now. Though, so far I'm lovin' it (heh). Eagerly waiting for the next episode.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 06:35   Link #968
Anime Online
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Maou's reason for staying seems rather iffy. He doesn't want to leave because he still has shift work to do. He doesn't want to leave because he wants to get that employee of the month award. He doesn't want to leave because he just bought some household appliances. Either Maou is joking, or he has well and truly turned into the ideal MgRonald employee.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 06:51   Link #969
backbone
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Asia
Age: 23
I know that Maou has grown attached to his current life, but i somehow still cannot buy such reason for him not returning to Ente Isla. Its just too shallow as an excuse
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 06:54   Link #970
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Maou's reason for staying seems rather iffy. He doesn't want to leave because he still has shift work to do. He doesn't want to leave because he wants to get that employee of the month award. He doesn't want to leave because he just bought some household appliances. Either Maou is joking, or he has well and truly turned into the ideal MgRonald employee.
He didn't leave because he felt responsible for the damage and repaired it even though it meant he didn't have enough magic left to go back.

Why doesn't he go somewhere with lots of despair? Warzones, prisons, hospitals... It's not like he has to create it himself.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 07:57   Link #971
DorkingtonPugsly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My cozy room
That was a lot more action packed than I was thinking it'd be. Good stuff. Maou had some pretty funny lines (as usual) and chi-chan was super cute again! She makes the most adorable facial expressions.
And that final Maou punch... all that magic into one swing of the fists, I'm surprised Lucifer didn't just disintegrate.
At the end when the ending started playing I felt really fulfilled, that's how I know I watched a good episode of something. Got nice vibes at the end, Maou's back at MgRonalds where he belongs!

Oh also was the ED different this time? I have yet to go back and compare to check but I thought I hear something different.
__________________
DorkingtonPugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 07:58   Link #972
Forever
Revealing the truth
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 32
Maou realises that if he goes back, then he will change back to his demon form and his underlings will force him to declare war on the humans again.

Also all the humans back there also wants him dead...

After living as a human, he does not want kill anymore....
__________________
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 08:03   Link #973
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Maou realises that if he goes back, then he will change back to his demon form and his underlings will force him to declare war on the humans again.

Also all the humans back there also wants him dead...

After living as a human, he does not want kill anymore....
This is pretty much his retirement home.

Sure he still has to work to survive, but I think it beats waging war and being responsible for an entire kingdom.
__________________


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 08:06   Link #974
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

If demons can recharge their power through fear and despair, couldn't Emila recharge her Sacred power by absorbing the energy of people's hope and courage?
We saw this happen already in episode 4, when Emi's friend was grateful for her tack in not asking about the Kobe earthquake.
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 08:07   Link #975
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Lucifer joins Maou once again, but how could they afford the computer shown in the preview? Lucifer must be quite rich from all that robbing he did.
Ashiya gets best subordinate award, his last wish was just too moving.

Still can't believe how Maou managed to survive with a giant hole hole in his chest, humans are stronger than I thought.
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 08:10   Link #976
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
You know, they didn't quite explain how did Lucifer survived his fight with Emilia.

Did baldy cast resurrection on him or something?
__________________


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 08:15   Link #977
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Maou realises that if he goes back, then he will change back to his demon form and his underlings will force him to declare war on the humans again.

Also all the humans back there also wants him dead...

After living as a human, he does not want kill anymore....
Force him? I don't think you realize how powerful he is. The demon population wouldn't be able overthrow him even if they wanted to.

If anything, Emi is more reluctant to return than Maou is. Her family is dead, and the people who raised her also betrayed her.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 08:28   Link #978
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Lucifer joins Maou once again, but how could they afford the computer shown in the preview? Lucifer must be quite rich from all that robbing he did.
Obviously he bought it for money he stolen from purse of certain call center employee.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 08:52   Link #979
frodonk
Master of Killing Time
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Database
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
We saw this happen already in episode 4, when Emi's friend was grateful for her tack in not asking about the Kobe earthquake.
its that scene when she's in the bathtub when an angel feather dropped in the water. based on the OP, i guess when emi's at full power wings sprout from behind her back, like maou in ep01.

I would guess emi never really felt loved after she was taken away from her father. so at least she has a lot to learn in japan, apart from the fact that 2 demon generals + maou are also still there.

I was really bothered by the fact that maou could've returned to ente isla anytime he wanted to but didn't. for me, having a fridge, too many shifts at work etc etc is not a good reason to continue playing house. Anyway, based on the intelligence showed by maou when deducing lucifer's reasons for teaming up with orba, there better be a good reason why they're still in japan, apart from the fact that the church over there has gone crazy as said by that other girl.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 08:53   Link #980
backbone
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Asia
Age: 23
The scene when Maou casts a dimension spell somehow reminds me of Fuzetsu (Unrestricted spell) from shakugan no shana, which create a space to render all the damage harmless to outside world
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.