AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-04, 18:02   Link #1681
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Anyone felt this episode rushed ? I mean, 12 minutes for chapter 1, but only 4 for chapter 2 ?
And good thing that Mikagami wasn't out. I always felt that his character is hard to understand.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 18:32   Link #1682
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Anyone felt this episode rushed ? I mean, 12 minutes for chapter 1, but only 4 for chapter 2 ?
And good thing that Mikagami wasn't out. I always felt that his character is hard to understand.
This maybe should go to the spoiler & speculation thread, but I think the way they organized the episode made a lot of sense. You only have 24 minutes, and it's a lot better to use them to set-up the parallel between the A part and the B part, ending with that cliffhanger. I think they provided enough info in the B part that you can infer what happened in the interim, and they can throw the actual content onto a Drama CD bundled with this volume to fill in the rest.

In terms of cutting decisions, I'd say this was a good one. The episode has a very nice flow (the date, the inference of the boyfriend, and the discovery of the boyfriend). It's hard to think of a better way to end the episode, IMO.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 19:09   Link #1683
jasonhan416
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
They skipped volume 7 chapter 2!!!
My ayase. My angel wtf man?
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 00:50   Link #1684
Mystic_Vegetto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Only one month? I thought the novels were supposed to end with the TV series.

Not that I'm complaining. I'd definitely love to wait less time rather than more for this ending. I'm still rooting for KyousukexAyase, but it's hard to tell which way it's going to go.
The last volume comes out June 7th. The last episode of the TV Anime should be at the end of June I believe. I'm not sure when the last 3 episodes of the OVA will air/be released, but supposedly it should be some time soon after the TV Broadcast finishes.
__________________
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 01:47   Link #1685
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
The last volume comes out June 7th. The last episode of the TV Anime should be at the end of June I believe. I'm not sure when the last 3 episodes of the OVA will air/be released, but supposedly it should be some time soon after the TV Broadcast finishes.
They're releasing the OVA episodes with the volumes of the series' BD/DVD release just like they did with the first season.

But if the release of the last novel is really being timed with the release of the final TV episode, then I'd think that means the OVA ending will be different from the novel and TV series' ending. Otherwise what would be the point of timing the novel volume release with the ending it doesn't even match?
__________________
Shinji103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 03:01   Link #1686
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
They're releasing the OVA episodes with the volumes of the series' BD/DVD release just like they did with the first season.

But if the release of the last novel is really being timed with the release of the final TV episode, then I'd think that means the OVA ending will be different from the novel and TV series' ending. Otherwise what would be the point of timing the novel volume release with the ending it doesn't even match?
Well, as with before, the episodes will be broadcast online before the release of the BDs/DVDs, and we don't know exactly how quickly that will be. That said, I think the insinuation so far has been that the OVAs will actually conclude the story. I don't think it will be an alternate ending. I think the timing is such that people will still want to buy the book first, and then see it animated soon thereafter.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 06:56   Link #1687
kentasaiba
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Say, why wasn't the Ayase-handcuffs scene not in ep 5? _
__________________
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 07:17   Link #1688
jasonhan416
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
say, why wasn't the ayase-handcuffs scene not in ep 5? _
thats what i was hoping for.
Holy crap......
Sigh....
They are skipping a lot of ayase scenes here..
Volume 6
and volume 7
wtf?
Watch they gonna skip volume 8 ones too
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:01   Link #1689
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhan416 View Post
They skipped volume 7 chapter 2!!!
My ayase. My angel wtf man?
Your angel called someone to her room, handcuffed him, threathen to destroy his public image and somehow got a copy of a picture that he clearly hide.
Your defination of 'angel' is quite mess up >.<
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:45   Link #1690
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
^It is all a matter of point of view.
__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 17:07   Link #1691
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhan416 View Post
They are skipping a lot of ayase scenes here..
From an anime perspective, they just had a full Ayase-centric episode very recently. I suspect that placing that there was partly because they'd have to skip some Ayase scenes (among others) later on. Keep in mind that episodes are only 24 minutes in length and the goal is to arrange things to that each episode stands on its own and ends at logical points (usually either some sort of cliffhanger or clean resolution), so creating a full episode with a contained story is easier than trying to fit scenes in later episodes where the 24-minutes won't let it fit. There wasn't really a good way to insert that Ayase scene (among the others they skipped) and still end the episode on the nice cliffhanger of discovering the boyfriend (which connects back to the first half of the episode). Even stretching it the whole thing out into two episodes breaks the symmetry between the A Part and the B Part, so even if they had more time, it may not make sense anyway.

In the end, they will certainly cut things to fit all the remaining content into the time allotted. From this point forward, I suspect they're mostly going to concentrate on the central plot.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 17:20   Link #1692
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
From an anime perspective, they just had a full Ayase-centric episode very recently. I suspect that placing that there was partly because they'd have to skip some Ayase scenes (among others) later on. Keep in mind that episodes are only 24 minutes in length and the goal is to arrange things to that each episode stands on its own and ends at logical points (usually either some sort of cliffhanger or clean resolution), so creating a full episode with a contained story is easier than trying to fit scenes in later episodes where the 24-minutes won't let it fit. There wasn't really a good way to insert that Ayase scene (among the others they skipped) and still end the episode on the nice cliffhanger of discovering the boyfriend (which connects back to the first half of the episode).
Well,you are right.But its still sad,because they skipped scenes/story parts that in my opinion are important for the development of the indivdual Characters.Especially Ayase and Manami haven't much development in the Anime so far.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 17:35   Link #1693
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Well,you are right.But its still sad,because they skipped scenes/story parts that in my opinion are important for the development of the indivdual Characters.Especially Ayase and Manami haven't much development in the Anime so far.
Well, they'll have their scenes... but to be truthful, I'm not sure that this particular Ayase scene really tells us much about her that we didn't already know (or wasn't essentially shown a few episodes ago). I suppose every scene develops the character a little, but in terms of focusing on "the essentials", both Ayase and Manami will have scenes to come (as you no doubt know).

In the end, the anime won't be as comprehensive as the novels; that much is inevitable pretty much no matter what.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 18:01   Link #1694
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, they'll have their scenes... but to be truthful, I'm not sure that this particular Ayase scene really tells us much about her that we didn't already know (or wasn't essentially shown a few episodes ago). I suppose every scene develops the character a little, but in terms of focusing on "the essentials", both Ayase and Manami will have scenes to come (as you no doubt know).

In the end, the anime won't be as comprehensive as the novels; that much is inevitable pretty much no matter what.
Yeah,it wasn't really anything new about Ayase but I think it was still important,because even if Ayase herself isn't developing in this particular scene ,the relationship between Kyousuke and Ayase is developing further.They could have skipped the second Episode (because its not really Novel canon) and make this scene instead.But this is just my opinion.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 18:13   Link #1695
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
They could have skipped the second Episode (because its not really Novel canon) and make this scene instead.But this is just my opinion.
Well, it was written by the original author.

But that aside, it's a lot easier to budget an episode than to insert scenes here and there because they only have 24 minutes in each episode. So that's the real problem. If they could just stretch out each episode as long as they want and squeeze more things into it, then it might work. But 24-minute blocks, split into two halves that end on some sort of conclusion or cliffhanger... it's not an easy thing.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 18:22   Link #1696
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, it was written by the original author.

But that aside, it's a lot easier to budget an episode than to insert scenes here and there because they only have 24 minutes in each episode. So that's the real problem. If they could just stretch out each episode as long as they want and squeeze more things into it, then it might work. But 24-minute blocks, split into two halves that end on some sort of conclusion or cliffhanger... it's not an easy thing.
Sure it is not easy.Anyone who thinks that it is an easy job is kinda stupid...
But it would be way more enjoyable if they would have more than 24 minutes for each episode.Well,it isn't a thing that someone can change.We have to live with it.Anime is a different source than a Novel.And anyone who says that the Oreimo Anime isn't still enjoyable like it is now...well that person would just be a nitpicker.^^
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 19:09   Link #1697
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Also, animated adaptations sometimes *re-arrange* material. You may get your 'handcuff' scene later in the series.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 22:56   Link #1698
jasonhan416
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Also, animated adaptations sometimes *re-arrange* material. You may get your 'handcuff' scene later in the series.
erm they better because in one of the Openings, they showed kyosuke getting handcuffed lol
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 00:59   Link #1699
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhan416 View Post
erm they better because in one of the Openings, they showed kyosuke getting handcuffed lol
Well, it could also just be a tease. They said that things that couldn't be fit in the anime itself due to time constraints could be included on Drama CDs, so that is another option. Anyway, time will tell.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 04:31   Link #1700
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Your angel called someone to her room, handcuffed him, threathen to destroy his public image and somehow got a copy of a picture that he clearly hide.
Your defination of 'angel' is quite mess up >.<
Eh, it's Kyousuke the one who call Ayase 'angel' (or to be precise, "lovely my angel") in the first place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Also, animated adaptations sometimes *re-arrange* material. You may get your 'handcuff' scene later in the series.
Yeah, I get the feeling the Ayase chapter from vol 7, or at least the important dialogue/scene, will be combined with when Ayase calls Kyousuke the second time, when he's dating Ruri.

But of course, it's if that part isn't omitted as well
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.