AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-07, 17:50   Link #6521
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
He may need motivation but thats hardly the right kind. Godou isn't the type to care about what other campiones do, as long as they aren't abusing their power. He never wanted to be "Japan's Campione" to begin with.

Plus, any kind of romantic rival would just seem contrived at this point.
__________________
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 18:24   Link #6522
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
He may need motivation but thats hardly the right kind. Godou isn't the type to care about what other campiones do, as long as they aren't abusing their power. He never wanted to be "Japan's Campione" to begin with.

Plus, any kind of romantic rival would just seem contrived at this point.
he may not have wanted it but that's what he is. sometimes you've just got to play the hand you're dealt. If someone comes trying to usurp his position has Japan's Campione they will probably be abusing the power either way. Also Godou is extremely competitive so he may also just instinctively push back at a person of similar power trying to take his place. I don't think anyone could honestly take his girls without kidnapping or brainwashing or both though.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 21:14   Link #6523
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
He may need motivation but thats hardly the right kind. Godou isn't the type to care about what other campiones do, as long as they aren't abusing their power. He never wanted to be "Japan's Campione" to begin with.
I wouldn't be so sure he hasn't cared so far because none of them have been setting up shop in his own backyard. Japan's a small country and someone who would try to grab power is going to have the sort of personality Godou would not be able coexist with.

Quote:
Plus, any kind of romantic rival would just seem contrived at this point.
Well I thinking more of the guy trying to make a play then getting anywhere. And it's not anymore contrived then them adding on another kissing power like they did in the last volume.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 00:04   Link #6524
Nihgthawk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida, USA
So I read part three of chapter 7 this fight has reached a new level now and there were a few thing i did not know about before.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Nihgthawk; 2013-05-08 at 00:51. Reason: typo
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 07:36   Link #6525
alviam099
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
All florza pointed out is that a campione is a godslayer, but a godslayer is not necessarily a campione, which is true.

I do believe Vol.14 will introduce a new campione, but as florza pointed out there is a chance it is a godslayer, but not a campione, since the title is The 8th Godslayer, not The 8th Campione (author's fault for being ambiguous).

It was mentioned that if Pandora doesn't like the fight, a human won't become a campione even if he killed a god.
Using Loki and Baldr as an example , if Loki tricked a human instead of Hr to throw the mistletoe, the human would be known as a godslayer. But since Pandora would unlikely accept that kill, the human won't become a campione.
Regardless this Campione thingy, even if the author was what you'd call ambiguous, there's the context 8th in there, so it's obviously a Campione, even if it is a godslayer, I quite think myself that there are a lot of gods roaming about, seeking fights who knows where.

To Pandora liking a fight, she'd practically accept it, a human necessarily would be a Campione if he kills a god because the god has no choice but to transfer his authorities, remember Verethragna? Godou's fight with him isn't exactly what you'd call by likable, he just practically stole Melqart's kill.
__________________

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 08:53   Link #6526
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
"Even so, the fact remains. You are overconfident. Just like now -- hey, god! You've seen the power possessed by my stone tablet here!? Next you will take on the role of Erica -- the girl just now, and perhaps it will be successful? So grant me power!"

Godou roared angrily at the sky.

The voice heard from the dialogue when Verethragna breached the forest barrier, Godou heard it again, that majestic voice.

'Hahahahahaha! I was expecting some kind of farce, and watching quietly! Who would have expected the victorious warlord to fall for a human's tricks!'

The Phoenician divine king Melqart.

His grand laughter reverberated across the sky and the forest.

'To speak to the king of the gods in such a manner, your wish is too impertinent, boy! But your observation is not bad, so let me reward you a little! Verethragna, your most troublesome ability is that [Sword], but can it become a weapon that can slay Prometheus and me, two gods at the same time?'

Suddenly, space distorted.

Out flew two clubs.

'Yagrush the Chaser! Ayamur the Driver! Pursuers, the pair of weapons acting on my behalf, chase and drive out the eastern warlord! Show him the power of my wrath!'

"Ch...! That King Melqart!"
It's true that Godou didn't actually fight and kill Verethragna from the beginning to the end. However, he managed to resist the authority of the "Youth", and more importantly, he was able to persuade Melquart to lend a hand despite he was just a normal human boy (hell, you know how gods view human, eh?).
__________________
Ultragunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 09:13   Link #6527
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
To Pandora liking a fight, she'd practically accept it, a human necessarily would be a Campione if he kills a god because the god has no choice but to transfer his authorities, remember Verethragna? Godou's fight with him isn't exactly what you'd call by likable, he just practically stole Melqart's kill.
As Ultragunner pointed out, the difference between Godou killing Verethragna and my example is that Godou is the one tricking Melquart into weakening Verethragna, while the human is being tricked into killing a god by Loki.
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 09:28   Link #6528
alviam099
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I think it would be still practically the same, because even if you say it like that, it still would be the human killing the god. There's actually no conditions written on being a Campione, just to be able to kill a god while you are human.

Ugh.
__________________

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 11:22   Link #6529
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Yes....how to say this. For example (just example), Circe encounters Verethragna, steals all of his incarnations, then beats him up (for refusing to be her "bf" ), Verethragna barely escapes wiht his life. But then Ena, with Divine Possession and Ama no Murakumo, ambushes him=> already weaken with most of his power gone, most likely he will be slain. Do you think that Ena will become a Campione? I don't think Pandora will allow that

Just a feeling, there is no hard evidence

However, I do think that you have to "satisfy" Pandora (or make her feel that you are worthy) in order to become Campione or get a new Authority.

Spoiler for sth I heard about:
__________________

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2013-05-08 at 11:34.
Ultragunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 21:36   Link #6530
Yye1
Member of Little Busters
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Isn't determining a campione all depend on pandora ?
__________________
Dont you open your mouth about the best. Or Im ma shut it for you real quick.
- Richard Sherman

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 21:40   Link #6531
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
That's my point, just wanna add that, MAYBE aside from the human himself, Pandora also takes the will of the god slain into consideration. Just maybe
__________________
Ultragunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 22:07   Link #6532
Mars Mode
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
My take on this topic.

Regarding the difference between Loki and Godou, I think is the intent to do it. In either case if the human chose to fight a God of his own volition and through his luck managed to defeat him I think Pandora gives an authority regardless of her choice.

In consequent battles she isnt as gentle, and it demands a standard because they no longer have only luck and Guts to pull it out, and have weapons capable of fighting Gods.

And UltraGunner I think youre onto something, but I think that may be the case for every Campione, they reach some sort of understanding with the Gods they slain(as they Campiones and Gods are equal in some sense), specially with the first one(as we can see it happened to Doni too with the king of the Danaan).
__________________
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 03:34   Link #6533
alviam099
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Yes....how to say this. For example (just example), Circe encounters Verethragna, steals all of his incarnations, then beats him up (for refusing to be her "bf" ), Verethragna barely escapes wiht his life. But then Ena, with Divine Possession and Ama no Murakumo, ambushes him=> already weaken with most of his power gone, most likely he will be slain. Do you think that Ena will become a Campione? I don't think Pandora will allow that
That's exactly what Godou did, plus I don't think whether Ama no Murakumo was used by Ena, if she ever does.

Because I think the weapon used doesn't matter. Ama no Murakumo is classified as a divine sword, Tome of Prometheus is a divine artifact, you can also see that if you read V8C3, the weapon used to kill Nuadha is probably Nuadha's weapon itself(did I get the spelling right?)
__________________

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 05:15   Link #6534
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
yes yes, you're correct. Man, I'm really bad at these stuffs, indeed at first look, Godou just went and "stole Melquart's kill" just like my example with Ena, the difference is that there were a whole bunch of incidences: The fateful meeting with the non-heretic Verethragna, Godou chasing after him, refusing to recognize Verethragna as a god or a hero (in the process overcome the Youth authority), getting Melquart provide assistance (which is nearly impossible for a mere human) plus some other stuffs, then the ultimate conclusion was that Godou stroke Verethragna down.

What I meant to say in my example was that Ena just jumped in sneakily and took Verethagna's head while Godou had to go through quite a lot, Doni also fought his first god head on (probably )

Yeah I know, these pretty much seem like bullsh!t (and god does not get ambushed and killed by human that easy, if he does, then he's a god no more), but just wanna say that it isn't just simple as "stealing some kills from others"
__________________
Ultragunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 05:50   Link #6535
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: At the Edge of the World
well Doni fought Nuadha head on so its clearly a fair fight it is briefly mentioned in the novel right?
__________________
Yami no Ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 22:43   Link #6536
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Volume 7 completed and we see some interesting stuff.

A new technique for Ena and Ama no Murakamo, and Godou figuring out how to bypass the Raptor's weakness. Odysseus was also pretty cool.

Although, someone needs to slap Godou upside his head. After what happened with Athena and Circe, he should realize the necessity of getting a new authority.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 22:53   Link #6537
Trung-t-rung
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Somehow I have a feeling Godou will become a dual wielder soon.
Spoiler for Clue:
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 23:05   Link #6538
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Somehow I have a feeling Godou will become a dual wielder soon.
Spoiler for Clue:
That was spoiled a while back but looking at the translated chapter, I have the feeling that the 'white' sword might be Circe's authority.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 23:06   Link #6539
Nihgthawk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Volume 7 completed and we see some interesting stuff.

A new technique for Ena and Ama no Murakamo, and Godou figuring out how to bypass the Raptor's weakness. Odysseus was also pretty cool.

Although, someone needs to slap Godou upside his head. After what happened with Athena and Circe, he should realize the necessity of getting a new authority.
He got something he's just not sure whether the power manifest as a true authority. Plus it also looks like he can use two forms at once a bit easier then last time because he is mastering the usage of the [The Persian Warlord] authority. This also is shown from the fact that the Raptors usage has been extended and as long as it is not overused he can switch forms without the feedback taking affect.

Now what about Circe's last words about the white and black swords. What could the white sword be? Ame no Murakumo absorbing the powers of the sun and sky instead of the earth and wind? Or something else like an oracle of things to come.

Final thought, he is just NOW is wondering why he did not get any power from killing Lancelot. Godou really is dense sometimes when it comes to important points.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 23:11   Link #6540
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Godou is still trying to keep his normality side of his life, though these past volumes he is slowly moving to the point where the absurdity of his life is normal. His neighborhood's gossip over him, the way he interact with his harem, and finally coming to terms that hell no God is going to listen and follow his pacifism speech rather if he does does go about with this speech, he is going to let Gods keep attacking him with his guard down and allowing his harem to be in harms way.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.