AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-09, 11:55   Link #25901
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I figure Misaki's actions right now are just her trolling Mikoto again...
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:00   Link #25902
Acer
Death to the infidels!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in a world of pain!
Acer is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:06   Link #25903
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
So much manliness, instantly added to my list of "manly tears inducing stuffs".
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:08   Link #25904
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ No way ... it's true that I'm a Mikofag deep inside, but I don't participate in any kind of war that doesn't have yuri, loli or twintails in it.
Not really participate because I also don't but its really funny to read people troll each other. Really. Some comments are funny when one complains about Mikoto wasting space on the book and other says its for sales but overall its a fun read to waste time and wait for spoilers.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:10   Link #25905
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Quote:
Most of them are laughing it off as an extension of the usual misleading preview summary. A few are butthurt and saying they aren't buying the novel now.

They mostly seem to be blaming it on Miki (since he's in charge of the marketing side of things) and Haimura (since he's said before he likes to avoid spoilers on the cover).
Lesson of the day.

As always don't believe the cover.
I always blamed Miki for this kind of things e.e.

Just like other said, the cover was for the hype of Railgun anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Not really participate because I also don't but its really funny to read people troll each other. Really. Some comments are funny when one complains about Mikoto wasting space on the book and other says its for sales but overall its a fun read to waste time and wait for spoilers.
It can't be helped. We know its true when you add fanboy appealing covers the books sells more like NT03 .
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:17   Link #25906
Hiss13
Lore Keeper is Best Gril
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It can't be helped. We know its true when you add fanboy appealing covers the books sells more like NT03 .
Yes, but the hype seems to be more justified for NT07 as it does look pretty awesome.

Is it me or has the average length of a volume been rising ever since NT04?
Hiss13 is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:17   Link #25907
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It can't be helped. We know its true when you add fanboy appealing covers the books sells more like NT03 .
It works on harem ecchi light novel so why not use it in Index too. Its marketing strategy. Which is why its funny when the topic of argument is always fall on Mikoto. Really, people
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:24   Link #25908
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Well, what do you expected? Isn't she the most popular female character on the Toaru polls? e.e

@Hiss13: Answer yourself, was the hype because of the current content or because the (misleading) premise and cover?
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:27   Link #25909
Stufu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Condo...
Miko-chan is just a bait for fanboy well, the illus seems pretty bad ass... waiting patiently on baka-tsuki for translation

PS*now I'm a lil drunk my english is a lil weird I think
Stufu is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:31   Link #25910
Hiss13
Lore Keeper is Best Gril
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
@Hiss13: Answer yourself, was the hype because of the current content or because the (misleading) premise and cover?
Point taken. Even so, hype is still hype no matter what it is directed at. While I would rather see hype directed at the content, I can't really say anything without sounding like a hypocrite since I, like most of us here, was drawn into the hype created by the cover.

Although, I just realized...but I don't think anyone pointed out how overly simplistic the premise given by the summary was at this point and time in the series...
Hiss13 is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:37   Link #25911
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I always blamed Miki for this kind of things e.e.

Just like other said, the cover was for the hype of Railgun anime.
Weirdly, I never thought of it that way. I figured the reason she was showing up so much lately was to hype her for a future role in the novels, just like what happened with Birdway.

Quote:
It can't be helped. We know its true when you add fanboy appealing covers the books sells more like NT03 .
True that.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2013-05-09 at 13:55.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:41   Link #25912
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
PS*now I'm a lil drunk my english is a lil weird I think
I know how that feels. The worst part is when you're waking up in the morning with a hangover, missing teeth and some random text message from an old man in the neighbourhood telling you to not get near their granddaughter anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Not really participate because I also don't but its really funny to read people troll each other. Really. Some comments are funny when one complains about Mikoto wasting space on the book and other says its for sales but overall its a fun read to waste time and wait for spoilers.
Ok, ok, got it.
.
.
*3 minutes later*
.
.
Why is js06 posting the cover of Zashiki Warashi vol.3 in there?
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:45   Link #25913
Hiss13
Lore Keeper is Best Gril
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Actually, this reminds me more of the "Super-Intuition" of Hitman Reborn...
This was the first thing I thought when I saw the whole Rensa blocking his precognition thing in the spoilers. Kinda like the Tsuna vs Strau Mosca fight.

Although, I thought that Touma's precognition was more of a sensitivity to changes in AIM fields, physical fields, and mana flow.
Hiss13 is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:51   Link #25914
Stufu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Condo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I know how that feels. The worst part is when you're waking up in the morning with a hangover, missing teeth and some random text message from an old man in the neighbourhood telling you to not get near their granddaughter anymore.
I'm not that bad believe me haha ... man, even though I'm drunk, I can't stop myself checking on Toaru news.... wanna see how NT7 go now.

I feel like Misaka and Misaki appearance will spice up the story and yeah they both are being loved by many of us here. Isn't Kamachi always start with comedic parts before enter the full battle
Stufu is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:55   Link #25915
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
^ My bad, I always thought people were like me when drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
This was the first thing I thought when I saw the whole Rensa blocking his precognition thing in the spoilers. Kinda like the Tsuna vs Strau Mosca fight.

Although, I thought that Touma's precognition was more of a sensitivity to changes in AIM fields, physical fields, and mana flow.
Nah, it's mostly about him subconsciously noticing some hints in the environment. Good example might be him feeling/hearing the vibrations of metallic objects when Miko's about to fire a railgun, or when she sparks a bit before firing a lightning, or Accel having a "I'm going to transform you into a peace of meat" look on his face before he's attempting to do something, Fiamma's trademark gesture before his offensive spell are activated, intuitions about how certain magician thinks (so when they suddenly disappear it's most of the time to teleport behind the target), etc.
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 12:59   Link #25916
Acer
Death to the infidels!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in a world of pain!
want a spoiler for Motoharu vs Touma, I want to know if it was a bro-fight, or only Tsuchimikado wiping the floor with Touma
Acer is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 13:01   Link #25917
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
I wonder how many punches and kicks he took this time.
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 13:02   Link #25918
Stufu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Condo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
want a spoiler for Motoharu vs Touma.
As far as we know, Motoharu always kick Touman ass this time he did it again right?
Stufu is offline  
Old 2013-05-09, 13:03   Link #25919
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Why is js06 posting the cover of Zashiki Warashi vol.3 in there?
YESS!!!

*runs to search for it*
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2013-05-09, 13:23   Link #25920
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Quote:
>Touma: If I told you this was magic, you wouldn't understand.
>Misaki: Oh? Saying that at a time like this is certainly a lot like you. Althought I am more annoyed than impressed.
>Touma: What? Have you seen magic before?
>Misaki: I don't know anything about that. But I have a reasion to trust what you say that has nothing to do with that cheap nonsense.
>Touma: What do you mean? Have we met before by any chance?
>Misaki: If you are referring to a side event during the Daihaseisai, you are way off. You are always like this. That may be the proper form for our relationship ability. No matter how many times I ask or pass by, the answer is always the same. If I say this, you may get angry just like that one time, but that may just be what I get for having this power. After all, there is no logical way to explain these repeated coincidences.
Miksaki knew Touma before memory lost.

Desrtsku: ignore the accel gay shit. Join the stupid wars with mikoto fans BWAAHAHAHA Index mascot but still can't be compare to Saber.
So, possibility of them childhood friends, eh? If it became true then my prediction that was thought upon way before the reveal of Misaki's name and figure as the 5th level 5 will be true.

If so, allow me this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Why is js06 posting the cover of Zashiki Warashi vol.3 in there?
js06 always alerts the threads of Kamachi's series releases.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.