AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-08, 10:30   Link #541
Shadow5YA

I think a mother giving her life for her daughter has more impact than a lover doing the same.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 12:03   Link #542
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Indeed, but FeMU has soooooooo many better face and voice options than MaMU.
Uuuuh yea, that would depend on the gender playing :P Plus the female Voice Actings can fit all three of the models while the male models are Boy, Young Adult and Adult. Like Male Vs Fem shep I find it unfair to say femshep has the better voice acting when they aren't the same gender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think a mother giving her life for her daughter has more impact than a lover doing the same.
For her daughter? I do believe it's for everyone. Unit isn't that selfish.
Old 2013-05-08, 13:18   Link #543
Destined_Fate

It's the part when Lucina confronts you. Choosing yes is more meaningful as her Mother than Lover in my eyes. That and Lucina would literally have lost her mother twice while her lover only once if she went through with it. That and you could easily have married Lucina right before that event while if you married Chrom it's always from Chapter 11 and beyond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
But M-MU x Lucina changes a lot too.
It changes less as Lucina has no mandatory marriage while Chrom MUST be married by Chapter 11 end.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 14:48   Link #544
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It's the part when Lucina confronts you. Choosing yes is more meaningful as her Mother than Lover in my eyes. That and Lucina would literally have lost her mother twice while her lover only once if she went through with it. That and you could easily have married Lucina right before that event while if you married Chrom it's always from Chapter 11 and beyond.

It changes less as Lucina has no mandatory marriage while Chrom MUST be married by Chapter 11 end.
Ooh that part, thought you guys meant the last part.
Old 2013-05-10, 13:21   Link #545
Zakoo

The B talks between Crom and MU-female is so epic, I laughed so much. I knew they couldn't prevent themselves from using such a clichée situation.

Gaius X Nowi is quite good to read too.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 21:34   Link #546
Awrya
U mad?

I know I'm reviving a fairly old thread, but I do have some urgent questions.

I bought this game at my local store a few days ago and got totally hooked on it.
I'm playing at normal level and after abusing reeking crates, I've hit lv.20 with several of my characters. I also found some Master and Second Seals from merchants and drops.

I'm very confused when to use the Seals, as I've found out that e.g. Chrom can re-class into Cavalier when using Second Seal and get Discipline and Outdoor Fighter skills. You then have the option to promote into Paladin or Great Knight using Master Seal and get their skills and by using second seal again, revert back into a starter class or change into another advanced class. In theory you could repeat this to get all possible skills with a character, but I've heard as you re-class each time, the amount of experience you get from enemies becomes less.

To get all possible skills, you'd need massive grinding for each character, is this worth the trouble/time?
Old 2013-12-28, 22:08   Link #547
GDB

If you have an infinite supply of second/master seals (forget when, as it's been a while, but I believe it's around chapter 13 for master seals, and either 22 or a side chapter for the second seals), you can change as soon as you like.

And a lot of classes are worth skipping, like Archer/Sniper.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 23:19   Link #548
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I know I'm reviving a fairly old thread, but I do have some urgent questions.

I bought this game at my local store a few days ago and got totally hooked on it.
I'm playing at normal level and after abusing reeking crates, I've hit lv.20 with several of my characters. I also found some Master and Second Seals from merchants and drops.

I'm very confused when to use the Seals, as I've found out that e.g. Chrom can re-class into Cavalier when using Second Seal and get Discipline and Outdoor Fighter skills. You then have the option to promote into Paladin or Great Knight using Master Seal and get their skills and by using second seal again, revert back into a starter class or change into another advanced class. In theory you could repeat this to get all possible skills with a character, but I've heard as you re-class each time, the amount of experience you get from enemies becomes less.

To get all possible skills, you'd need massive grinding for each character, is this worth the trouble/time?
How it works:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/calcul...Internal_Level

Basically, everytime you use a Second Seal, half all the levels you have gained since then and add that to your current displayed level. The game uses this "internal level" to calculate how to scale your EXP gains.

For example, if a character levels to 10 then uses a Second Seal, his/her internal level should be around 10/2 + 1 = 6. Remember that promoted classes count as Level 20 + whatever level is displayed. Because of this mechanic, you will want to do stat grinding at early levels to minimize the internal level increase.

If you are playing on Lunatic or the Apotheosis DLC, grinding and Second Sealing is pretty much essential to make your characters strong enough to win.

As for skill grinding, you don't need to get all skills from every class because not all of them are useful. For example, Outdoor Fighter isn't really worth using at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If you have an infinite supply of second/master seals (forget when, as it's been a while, but I believe it's around chapter 13 for master seals, and either 22 or a side chapter for the second seals), you can change as soon as you like.
Technically characters have to be at least lv10 to use a Second Seal, and Promoted lv10 to class change into other promoted classes.
Old 2013-12-28, 23:41   Link #549
GDB

Well, yeah, but I meant more based on old Fire Emblems where you didn't have infinite resources and thus you wanted to cap your level before changing, whereas here you can change as soon as it lets you.
Old 2013-12-29, 08:28   Link #550
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
How it works:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/calcul...Internal_Level

Basically, everytime you use a Second Seal, half all the levels you have gained since then and add that to your current displayed level. The game uses this "internal level" to calculate how to scale your EXP gains.

For example, if a character levels to 10 then uses a Second Seal, his/her internal level should be around 10/2 + 1 = 6. Remember that promoted classes count as Level 20 + whatever level is displayed. Because of this mechanic, you will want to do stat grinding at early levels to minimize the internal level increase.

If you are playing on Lunatic or the Apotheosis DLC, grinding and Second Sealing is pretty much essential to make your characters strong enough to win.

As for skill grinding, you don't need to get all skills from every class because not all of them are useful. For example, Outdoor Fighter isn't really worth using at all.
I have read the link, so on normal the cumulative level has a cap at 20, with no cap on hard?
So on normal the internal level of a character can be a maximum of 60 (displayed level + promotion + cumulative level) while there is no limit on hard?
Old 2013-12-29, 08:59   Link #551
GDB

The cap on hard is 50, I think? And like you said, that's just the internal cap. You add that to your current level to determine your "true" level for experience purposes, so normal would be 60 total and hard would be 90 total.
Old 2013-12-29, 11:15   Link #552
shadow1296

so i've been playnig this aswell and i'm trying to figure out what are the best parents for the second gen and according to a video on youtube these were the best pairings for them to have no flaws in their stats

Spoiler for pairings:

is this true
Old 2013-12-29, 12:00   Link #553
GDB

Without even looking, no. There's no way to maximize every child, because some fathers are just plain better than others. Then it further comes down to what you want to build and what skills you want.

That said, looking at it now, I can confirm that, at least, Cordelia x Stahl and Chrom x Olivia are optimal. Stahl is quite possibly the best father in the game outside of the Avatar.
Old 2013-12-29, 12:16   Link #554
Zakoo

Nowi X Donnel can gives you one of the most OP child: Nah ( I have the european version so maybe the name differs ) can now unlocks galeforce, and she becomes a real monster thanks to the inheritance.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 12:26   Link #555
Destined_Fate

Nowi is better off marrying Gaius, Kellam, Frederick, Robin, Gregor, or Vaike over Donnel.

Donnel's best used as the parent of Noire.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 12:30   Link #556
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Nowi is better off marrying Gaius, Kellam, Frederick, Robin, Gregor, or Vaike over Donnel.

Donnel's best used as the parent of Noire.
Actually, the major favored father for Noire is Gaius. Gaius gives better skill and speed cap to Noire than Donnel.
Also Nah benefits a lot from Donnel because of underdog working wonder with Manakete class.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 13:28   Link #557
shadow1296

so the only good fathers of charaters our myunit, chrom, and stahl, and donnel for only nowi, well i can't do donnel for nowi I'm playing on classic and he died so i'll probably have to go with one of the other alternatives, what about good pairings for the other character because i do want the entire second gen because i'm on classic
Old 2013-12-29, 14:07   Link #558
GDB

It's not that they're the only good ones, they're just far and away the most amazing.

Honestly, the best way to decide on parents is to decide on who you like the most, pair their parents, and then work your way down your list of preferences from there (using Serenes Forest as a tool).
Old 2013-12-29, 14:46   Link #559
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, the major favored father for Noire is Gaius. Gaius gives better skill and speed cap to Noire than Donnel.
Also Nah benefits a lot from Donnel because of underdog working wonder with Manakete class.
With an unlimited EXP pool and source of Second Seals, Underdog becomes worthless once your unit caps his/her stats.

Nah's use of Galeforce is also limited as a Manakete, given that her Speed cap is limited by her mother and that a Dragonstone+ can't offensively outperform forged Brave weapons.
Old 2013-12-29, 17:08   Link #560
GirlsScareMeOK
不死川 心 <3

Chrom!Inigo is obviously the best because it gives inigo that dark blue hair

Tags
3ds, fire emblem