AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-12, 20:37   Link #261
anime fan99
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledgeseeker01 View Post
Changing the storyline and/or changing a character's gender are parts of what fanfiction are about.
Yes I know I know, but there's more
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 21:32   Link #262
Knowledgeseeker01
Wishes to Understand
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
Yes I know I know, but there's more
In that case, maybe you should take action in that regard.

I started Fairy Dance Alternate because I wanted a scenario with Kirito and Asuna's places switched. If you want a fanfiction story that has a different flavor, the best answer is to create a story the fits that profile.
Knowledgeseeker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 21:59   Link #263
AKAAkira
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
@anime_fan99 - I'm loathe to use the "If you want something done right, do it yourself" avenue, but do remember that one of the baser definitions of fanfiction is "a 'what-if?' scenario". You can bet people will take the easier route nine times out of ten, so if you really want to change that fact, you probably are going to have to do it personally.

And besides, just because it's a common idea doesn't mean it can't be written excellently. Have you tried Catsy's Fairy Dance of Death?

If it means anything though, I do have an SAOxMabinogi crossover planned out that focuses on an SAO survivor dealing with putting her psyche back together by throwing herself into another VRMMORPG.
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 22:54   Link #264
anime fan99
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledgeseeker01 View Post
In that case, maybe you should take action in that regard.

I started Fairy Dance Alternate because I wanted a scenario with Kirito and Asuna's places switched. If you want a fanfiction story that has a different flavor, the best answer is to create a story the fits that profile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAAkira View Post
@anime_fan99 - I'm loathe to use the "If you want something done right, do it yourself" avenue, but do remember that one of the baser definitions of fanfiction is "a 'what-if?' scenario". You can bet people will take the easier route nine times out of ten, so if you really want to change that fact, you probably are going to have to do it personally.

And besides, just because it's a common idea doesn't mean it can't be written excellently. Have you tried Catsy's Fairy Dance of Death?

If it means anything though, I do have an SAOxMabinogi crossover planned out that focuses on an SAO survivor dealing with putting her psyche back together by throwing herself into another VRMMORPG.
I'm not a writer you could say I'm like a Advisor I usually team up with a writer I suggested the idea, he writes, and I Read Chapter and suggested some changes then we meet Plan what next and so continue

And what kind of story I want I personally want a sequel story Occur after Sword Art Online and Alfheim Online and Gun Gale Online and The heroes find themselves in the game currently present in our world
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 15:23   Link #265
Rageth
That Guy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
I'm not a writer you could say I'm like a Advisor I usually team up with a writer I suggested the idea, he writes, and I Read Chapter and suggested some changes then we meet Plan what next and so continue

And what kind of story I want I personally want a sequel story Occur after Sword Art Online and Alfheim Online and Gun Gale Online and The heroes find themselves in the game currently present in our world
So a Fanfic of what happens AFTER the Alicization arc?
Well, most haven't read the Web Version, therefore, you'll have to wait another 2-3 books before a fan-fic like that happens... Or you can just speculate everything... Or you can go into the Light Novel discussion thread, and look at all the damn spoilers posted, about what will happen in the next couple books...
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 19:22   Link #266
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Although there will be some differences in the light novel from the web novel.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 20:53   Link #267
anime fan99
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
So a Fanfic of what happens AFTER the Alicization arc?
Well, most haven't read the Web Version, therefore, you'll have to wait another 2-3 books before a fan-fic like that happens... Or you can just speculate everything... Or you can go into the Light Novel discussion thread, and look at all the damn spoilers posted, about what will happen in the next couple books...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Although there will be some differences in the light novel from the web novel.
I'm more interested in reading Crossovers so Reading light novel will not be benefit
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 10:52   Link #268
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Halkegenia Online - Chapter 13 - Part 1
Operation Dunkirk begins.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 05:27   Link #269
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 19
If we're talking crossovers, then I present mine: Brain Burst Online

The cast of Accel World and Sword Art Online all come together to play a death game. Lose all your Burst Points, and the Nerve Gear will fry your brain. Played with avatars that reflect the scars in your heart.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 10:25   Link #270
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Halkegenia Online - Chapter 13 - Part 2
Battleship Alley, Apparitions.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 06:02   Link #271
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Halkegenia Online - Chapter 13 - Part 3
The battle continues.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 09:24   Link #272
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Halkegenia Online - Chapter 13 - Part 4
The Fall of Newcastle.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 11:51   Link #273
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
You know, it hasn't fallen yet
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 06:05   Link #274
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You know, it hasn't fallen yet
That's the title of this chapter by the author.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 09:15   Link #275
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Rather quiet here. I have been thinking of an SAO fanfic as of late, haven't really started any chapters but here's the general idea:

Quote:
Sword Art Online: The Red Despair

::Summary::

An AU fic that stars an OC solo player in SAO who seeks adventures but lacks any drive to do so upon reaching Floor 11, in the town of Taft.

Disappointed for being unable to seek out a guild known as Black Cats of the Full Moon which was known to reside within the town, he's soon introduced to a new rumor, one that will give him the drive he needs to embark on a journey he craves for.
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 22:07   Link #276
AKAAkira
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Rather quiet here. I have been thinking of an SAO fanfic as of late, haven't really started any chapters but here's the general idea:

Spoiler for :
As it is now, it appears to lack focus. The Black Cats mention was worth quirking an eyebrow over, but considering this fic seems to be (the OC) character-driven, there's a gaping lack of elaboration on his laziness and why his laziness is suddenly irrelevant.

I think in layman's terms, that translates to: "sounds too generic". I'd advise you to make it more personal if you want to create interest.
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 08:37   Link #277
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8679666/16/
Fairy Dance of Death has been updated.
__________________
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 02:56   Link #278
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Halkegenia Online - Chapter 13 - Part 5 and Halkegenia Online - Chapter 13 - Part 6
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 03:36   Link #279
Rageth
That Guy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8679666/16/
Fairy Dance of Death has been updated.
I wish Reki was that thorough with his spell system in ALO xD

He seems to have explained how spells work in UW, and that's awesome, but ALO would be awesome if it had the same system :[
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 11:55   Link #280
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Halkegenia Online - Chapter 13 - Part 7 and Halkegenia Online - Chapter 13 - Part 8
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
discussion, fanfiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.