AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kashimashi Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 4 9.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 21.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 9.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-31, 12:27   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Kashimashi Episode 3 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • No Manga spoilers in the Episode thread. Please alert a Moderator if you see Manga spoilers. Use the button you see below each user’s name.
  • Keep it on-topic and discuss the episode at hand.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members. Rudeness will lead to impotency.
  • As always…have fun, enjoy yourself and remember to tip the wait staff. =^.^=

Spoiler Tag Usage

Please do not post episode spoilers prior to the fan-sub release. Feel free to discuss the content if you watched the original airing or RAW, but hide all details and images (screen captures) in Spoiler Tags. Once the fan-subs have been release, current episode content can be discussed openly without the use of Spoiler Tags.

Any Manga spoilers will be deleted and repeat offenders will be warned. This thread is for discussion of the Anime only.

Example: Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=Hazumu and Yasuna]Hazumu and Yasuna are in love with Asuta.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for Hazumu and Yasuna:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-01-31 at 19:19.
Old 2006-01-31, 19:41   Link #2
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I found this episode to be very excellent, whereas episode 2 was about Tomari, this episode duelved on Yasuna development. Good crisp animation along with sprinkled bits of comedy made this another solid episode of Kashimashi.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-01-31, 22:46   Link #3
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Screen Caps

Here are a couple of links to screen caps & a summary in one case that might be of interest:

- Episode 3 Screen Caps & Summary

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-02-15 at 21:58.
Old 2006-02-04, 14:14   Link #4
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Well, it was long, but Kasimashi 3 is released by Kazenokoe and Doremi fansubs.

Enjoy!

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-02-04, 15:06   Link #5
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
"Sube-sube desu, puni-puni desu, ponyo-ponyo desu..."
I want a Jan-puu too into my closet.
Old 2006-02-04, 19:52   Link #6
sorvani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Well, it was long, but Kasimashi 3 is released by Kazenokoe and Doremi fansubs.

Enjoy!
got it, watched it, thanks Kazenokoe/Doremi. btw nice logo work you guys.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-04, 20:38   Link #7
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

That scene with Tomari was awesome. I didn't realize she was such a chick magnet. "My wonderful prince. I'm also attracted to you." XD Tomari could definitely build a bigger harem than Hazumu if she tried at all. Tsk, tsk.

And yeah, Hazumu's dad gets even creepier... But bonus points for exploiting the floating embodiment of a spaceship for fun and profit!

Spoiler for Episode 3 highlights:

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-02-04 at 21:15.
Old 2006-02-04, 21:11   Link #8
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
That scene with Tomari was awesome. I didn't realize she was such a chick magnet. "My wonderful prince. I'm also attracted to you." XD Tomari could definitely build a bigger harem than Hazumu if she tried at all. Tsk, tsk.

And yeah, Hazumu's dad gets even creepier... But bonus points for exploiting the floating embodiment of a spaceship for fun and profit!
Heh, Hazumu's dad is indeed creepy. But Hazumu's mom makes up for it. Lie there until you die!

Tomari IS awesome. Her reaction to Hazumu and Yasuna being together betrays her.

I really like how they're showing Yasuna's problem. Her parents need to be throttled though, they're the opposite of Hazumu's though. H's dote on her too much, Yasuna's aren't there at all....
Old 2006-02-05, 00:58   Link #9
Ansible

Great episode! I'm liking the anime more than the manga now, which is a pleasant surprise. They seem to be going into more depth into yasuna's problem than in the manga, and more into depth with Tomari's character too. And I didn't pick up from the manga that jan-puu was modeled on hazumu, interesting. I wonder if we're going to see any interaction of yasuna with her parents, or if they will remain anonymous? It looks like the anime studio is really going all-out on this project, I'm looking forward to 4!
Old 2006-02-05, 01:04   Link #10
GammaRed

Well, after watching this ep, I am more convinced that this series has some real potentel.

I am enjoying the byplay between Hazumu and Tomari. But I beleave that she will have a harder time dealing with Hazumu & Yasuna's relasionship, rather than dealing with the fact that Hazumu isnt a boy anymore.

I am looking forward to the interactions between Yasuna and Tomari, I mean will there be a confrontation between them, or will they be friends on the serfice with dagers in there skirts? Or will they acsept that they are rivals openly?

I hope that ep4 answers some of these questions, or at least expands on this part of the drama!
Old 2006-02-05, 01:21   Link #11
GammaRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansible
It looks like the anime studio is really going all-out on this project, I'm looking forward to 4!

I agree, they are doing a knock up job on the animations, very fluid with crisp lines, and the useage of pinkish red throughout most of the shows so far. I enjoy the pink tone they have gone with for this.

I really hope that they continue to keep the standerd they have started with. It will make viewing this anime all the more enjoyabul!

Spoiler for Jan-Puu & Mr Alien:
Old 2006-02-05, 01:41   Link #12
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

*also amused by Namiko-sensei's new theme* I sense a student in distress!

And later,
--What page are we on?
--Who knows?
And then Namiko-sensei jumps out the window. Again. XD
Old 2006-02-05, 02:36   Link #13
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansible
Great episode! I'm liking the anime more than the manga now, which is a pleasant surprise. They seem to be going into more depth into yasuna's problem than in the manga, and more into depth with Tomari's character too. And I didn't pick up from the manga that jan-puu was modeled on hazumu, interesting. I wonder if we're going to see any interaction of yasuna with her parents, or if they will remain anonymous? It looks like the anime studio is really going all-out on this project, I'm looking forward to 4!
I'm sort of hoping they keep Yasuna's parents out of the picture and go with the whole "I'm a lonely, latchkey girl who doesn't have many friends and your family is wonderful to me, Hazumu" path.
Old 2006-02-05, 02:38   Link #14
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
*also amused by Namiko-sensei's new theme* I sense a student in distress!

And later,
--What page are we on?
--Who knows?
And then Namiko-sensei jumps out the window. Again. XD
*grin* Namiko-sensei, I'm single!
Old 2006-02-05, 07:37   Link #15
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaRed
Spoiler for Jan-Puu & Mr Alien:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-05, 12:20   Link #16
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

You really don't need to put spoiler tags for episode 3 material in the episode 3 discussion thread, especially when they wouldn't be giving away anything anyway...
Old 2006-02-05, 13:19   Link #17
Boukenxha

Spoiler for Yasuna's problem... if you still hadn't make sense of it, not advisable to read if you don't want to be spoiled:

Anyway I'll let you guys in on a little secret. Jan-Puu is not modeled from Hazumu, I think she might be modeled from a certain Lacus Clyne wannabe from planet Destiny...
Old 2006-02-05, 16:57   Link #18
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

It's an 8 from me at this stage.
The comedy/funny part quite works, for now, but I suspect some cliché events may become annoying, later (see the sensei falling from the windows, or the perv Hazumu's dad). The aliens are kinda weird, there's no apparent valid reason for them to be here, but.. let's accept them, they add a bit of fun as well.
An honest 6,5 until here, also due to Tomari energy (Tamura Yukari: excellent).

What increases the episode quality, is the second half, with the romantic part. I like the stories involving a slow character development as well as an indepth char analysis. I think this aspect was done in a very good way. It's early to say, but these characters (Hazumu, Tomari, Yasuna) could really be the ones who get you attached to them. To me this is a big clue for a great series, with lot of potential. And I quite see the will of developing this potential.
I just hope it won't be wasted with too many dumb jokes because: it's true that they may bring a bit of fun. But I also think that, if too much, they could end to just break the good mood this series otherwise should hopefully really be meant to deliver.
Old 2006-02-05, 17:14   Link #19
Kyaa the Catlord

I think Hazumu's dad is getting the short end of the stick, since we aren't Japanese. I think he's basically trying to spoil Hazumu, and doesn't exactly realize that his attempts are... well... sick.

He is also dealing with her sex change and is trying to act like a Japanese father would with his young daughter, although he's missing her age by a few years. I don't think it is odd for JP dads to bathe with their young daughters and perhaps this why he is acting so bizarre. Then again, Hazumu's parents have been pretty much playing out an Osaka comedy routine. (The slap "what teh heck???" thing, if you remember Azumanga Daioh, is typical, stereotypical Osaka-brand humor.)

Or he could just be a perv.
Old 2006-02-05, 17:30   Link #20
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaa the Catlord
He is also dealing with her sex change and is trying to act like a Japanese father would with his young daughter, although he's missing her age by a few years. I don't think it is odd for JP dads to bathe with their young daughters and perhaps this why he is acting so bizarre. Then again, Hazumu's parents have been pretty much playing out an Osaka comedy routine. (The slap "what teh heck???" thing, if you remember Azumanga Daioh, is typical, stereotypical Osaka-brand humor.)
I would agree on this if he didnt also wanted to take nude pics of Hazumu...

So far im really enjoying this series, though it cant hurt to have more Jan-Puu
Closed Thread