AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-02-03, 18:24   Link #21
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tursiops_G
Is it this one? http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/DVDRW_1693SX.htm

It looks like it uses a Standard 5.25" drive. I don't have specific instructions on how to open it up, but it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

As far as adding a USB 2.0 card, They're not all that expensive... if your PC has a decently fast CPU, it should work just fine...

See Here for some examples:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...11&PageSize=50

Don't base your choice on PRICE alone... Read the specs and reviews first before deciding on what card to buy...

HTH,

-Tursiops_G.

Wow thanx...Yes that is my LITE-ON version...The hi-speed USB ports are all pretty cheap (Just around 5 bucks is that right? )....which one would you suggest?? And this will end my problems completely right?

Also I think i might order one, but perhaps I'll goto a electronic store...Also opening up the device doesn't seem to be a big problem, but it's where I would go from there that might confuse me ...
Old 2006-02-04, 02:06   Link #22
guess

I was considering a retail box because I thought it would include stuff needed for installation (screws and everything). But then I realize, the box only comes with CDs and manual. I still don't get the screws and stuff for installation for the DVD drive. Is this true? How do I know what stuff I need to get for installation and where?
Old 2006-02-04, 17:22   Link #23
Tursiops_G
Technoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Wow thanx...Yes that is my LITE-ON version...The hi-speed USB ports are all pretty cheap (Just around 5 bucks is that right? )....which one would you suggest?? And this will end my problems completely right?

Also I think i might order one, but perhaps I'll goto a electronic store...Also opening up the device doesn't seem to be a big problem, but it's where I would go from there that might confuse me ...
Without knowing the specifics of your PC (Motherboard type, CPU type and speed, Amount and type of RAM, Windows Version, etc.), I can't Absolutely GUARANTEE that installing a USB 2.0 card will Completely solve your problems...

However, If you do have a fairly decent and fast PC, and unless you have some other problems/issues with it, It SHOULD work fine.

As far as the $5 USB card, You generally Get what you PAY for... That's why it pays to read the Specs and Reviews... Personally, I'd be leery of any USB 2.0 card UNDER the $10-15 price range... Unless it has Many GOOD Reviews from other users, I'd aim higher, myself...

As far as installing the Drive itself into the PC, just Download the Installation Guide and User Manuals for that drive's Internal version, directly from Lite-On's Website. That will give you all the info you need to properly install it.

HTH,

-Tursiops_G.
Tursiops_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 17:32   Link #24
Tursiops_G
Technoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I was considering a retail box because I thought it would include stuff needed for installation (screws and everything). But then I realize, the box only comes with CDs and manual. I still don't get the screws and stuff for installation for the DVD drive. Is this true? How do I know what stuff I need to get for installation and where?
A "Retail Box" version will contain the unit, manual, CD(s), Audio Cable, and the 4 Mounting Screws for the drive...

What it WON'T have, is an extra IDE Cable, or any "Non-Standard" Mounting Hardware (Slide Mounts, Brackets, etc... Those should have been provided with the PC's Case itself).

A "White-Box" (OEM) version will ONLY have the drive itself, and (maybe) a brief installation sheet... The rest is left up to you to provide.

-Tursiops_G.
Tursiops_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 18:21   Link #25
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well my cpu is pretty fast and not very problematic for me at all, so I''l try to get one of the ports than look you up again if I need help...thanx Tursiops_G...