AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-10, 09:08   Link #181
runset
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
thanx rpapo i just finished vol2 and it was great but i have a little critique over Banri who for me was selfish with Kouko because it seems like he threatened her to accepted him (as a lover not a friend) or she'll never see him again and he knew that he was her only friend so that was my only disapointment and i know Banri is acting like that because of his amnesia and the fact that Linda hide her past with him

oh and good luck with vol3
Spoiler for to make it simpe:
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 10:08   Link #182
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
A lot of this is speculation, of course. All that is publicly known in English is what I've translated and some spoiler information left behind on MangaFox by a guy who skimmed through the story in Japanese.

So, I will indulge in a little bit of educated speculation of my own:
Spoiler:

Last edited by rpapo; 2013-05-10 at 10:10. Reason: Grammar
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 13:34   Link #183
blade82
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: you have to find out
did you read all 6 books runset?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 13:57   Link #184
runset
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
did you read all 6 books runset?
nope, i only read until vol 3. And i spoiled my self reading the cover of vol 4. There are short synopsis in the cover that tell the result of who banri choose in the end.

Spoiler for Little correction for rpapo:

Last edited by runset; 2013-05-10 at 14:36.
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:53   Link #185
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
I'd be a little careful with your speculation, is what I meant. Unless you've read the whole story, in Japanese, then you are reading the translation that I have been working on these past two and one half years. My speculations are based on what I have translated, plus a little bit more from the publisher's teasers. They remain speculations, however, until I actually get that far in translating the books . . . or somebody else does it ahead of me. For that task there haven't been any volunteers (not that I've been asking for any).

I correct myself: You will probably all know an anime version of the story around the end of this year, and eventually the manga version will pass up my work on the light novel version, at least at the rate they are going.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 16:10   Link #186
csuree
The Most Wanted™
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania, Oradea
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
Oh my God.....I just caught up again with the series.
Congrats rpapo on volume 2.

They became a couple? so fast.?...
Well it was expected... as Kouko told him, while crawling over him that she loves him.....
Wow.... unexpected but very refreshing.

Arrrgh I'm jealous of a fictional character......
Soon......real soon... I'll get myself a cute GF.

I hardly wait for it to be animated. judging by other animeations of LN's and that this might be a fall 2013 release... they will animate all 6 volumes. Even so a real light novel has 100% of the story opposed to an anime which cuts the story short.
__________________
Go for your dreams, never give up.Because when you give up your dreams, you die!
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 17:05   Link #187
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
They became a couple? so fast.?...
You should see the start of volume 3. But that is not the end of the story. Judging from the illustrations of V3, there are a lot of ups and downs yet, and Linda is now an active player in all this. Right this moment I am translating the teaser to V4 because of an earlier "discussion" on this forum. That shows yet another twist, and prepares the way for V5 (a.k.a. "The Swimsuit Issue").

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
I hardly wait for it to be animated. judging by other animeations of LN's and that this might be a fall 2013 release... they will animate all 6 volumes. Even so a real light novel has 100% of the story opposed to an anime which cuts the story short.
Maybe, maybe not. Remember, this is from the same author and the same publisher as Toradora, and Toradora had a nearly complete version of the story in the anime before the last three volumes of the LN were even published. And the story didn't really vary from the LN version until the last few chapters. . . which were better in the LN, if you ask my opinion of it.

That the anime and the LN were so much alike was because rather than doing an virtually independent "adaptation", they had the author's cooperation while they did the scripting for the anime. That doesn't always happen.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 12:24   Link #188
iCK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Golden time is like one of my favorite LN's but I can't read english and I can't wait anymore.
Runset said he knows who banri chooses in the end. Did anyone else read it and mind pming me who he chooses?
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 12:53   Link #189
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Spoilers or Speculation. You be the judge.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody knows the ending of the story but the author herself. There have been six LN volumes to date, and the sixth one does not appear to be the last one. In addition, there have been two spinoff volumes. See this page for a complete list.

A summary of the series by volume:
Spoiler:

Exactly where NANA fits into all this, I do not yet know, but I do know that she and Banri become friends to some extent.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 12:59   Link #190
blade82
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: you have to find out
the LN is not finished so its quite possible that Banri has not clearly chose betwen Linda (Banri before amnesia love interest) and Kouko(Banri after amnesia love interest)
i think from what runset read in vol3 its the combination of the 2 ABnri's consciious that made him with 2 love interest
i have a question for you rpapo why Chinami did rejected Mitsuo its weird is it explained in vol3?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 13:11   Link #191
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
i have a question for you rpapo why Chinami did rejected Mitsuo its weird is it explained in vol3?
I have no solid idea yet. Chinami strikes me as a social butterfly not ready to settle down with anybody yet, and her reaction to Mitsuo was one of "Are you crazy? We hardly know each yet." Remember: just as Kouko is not socially skilled yet because of her life-long infatuation with Mitsuo, Mitsuo himself is also unskilled in love . . . because Kouko prevented him from developing any normal male-female relationships by driving away any possibilities.

See this page.

As for further spoilers, keep in mind that my translation has only advanced to volume 3, page 40 as of this instant.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 13:50   Link #192
blade82
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: you have to find out
funny what you say is all the characters are pure novice in society (except maybe Linda) if we had Banri (one year of existance) and Mr 2 dimension (an hardcore otaku)
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 13:59   Link #193
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
funny what you say is all the characters are pure novice in society (except maybe Linda) if we had Banri (one year of existance) and Mr 2 dimension (an hardcore otaku)
Sort of. In reality, it is Linda, NANA and Chinami that know their way about the world. Banri, Mitsuo, Kouko and 2-D are all, in their own different ways, relatively inexperienced. But I seem to remember that in the very first chapter Banri's Ghost (unworldly wise) is making comments about young people and the dangers they face as they go out into the world.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 01:08   Link #194
alviam099
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Wouldn't that mean that the ghost Banri technically knows his way in the world? gyah.
__________________

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 05:15   Link #195
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
Wouldn't that mean that the ghost Banri technically knows his way in the world? gyah.
From the way he acts, he knows more about life because of death, but I would classify him as inexperienced . . . for a ghost.

Of course, he never claims to have met any other ghosts, so it is still possible that you have something going on like what happened in Chobits, where Chi's sister shared her mind and memories, and quietly kept an eye on her younger sibling.

In other words, Banri's Ghost might not really be a ghost after all, but rather a semi-detached presence that really resides in a corner of Banri's mind.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 13:00   Link #196
amrul
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I've known about this series since the end of toradora.

the first version that I read was the manga, then I realized the original version is a light novel. Thanks to rpapo for translating the novel, I've been following it ever since.

The story is so interesting (romcom is one of my favourite genre) that I can hardly wait to see what happens next. In the end, making use of my knowledge of Japanese from from watching anime/dramas and basic-level courses, I decided to read both the manga and novel. But since it comes out only once a month, it still could not satisfy my curiosities, not to mention the novel is already in the 6th volume.

In reading the novel, my kanji knowledge is very limited, but I get the gist of it (at least according to my comprehension). So far I have read up to the second chapter of the 5th volume.

I might as well spoiler it all since it's quite far ahead of the translation.
Spoiler for my view about the 3rd, 4th, and 5th volumes:


Just now I reread the earlier chapters of the manga. It's funny how I didn't realize how different Kouko was when she's overreacting towards mitsuo and quite casual when she's with Banri. And I also finally realized that she really tried not to do something that will hurt Banri.
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 13:31   Link #197
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Good insights. I have not attempted to read ahead, other than translating some of the book-cover teasers. Though I am getting gradually better at translation, it is still quite a chore for me. So, rather than spend my time skimming the text ahead, I've kept my nose to the grindstone and continued transcribing and translating . . . one page at a time. Sooner or later it will get easy enough to read casually. Maybe before I die...

I have only heard from two people (counting you) now who claim to have read the story in the Japanese original. The other posted a long description some time ago over at MangaFox, through about volume 4 if I remember correctly.

Also, regarding your comment about the start of V4, I am glad to see somebody who agrees with my interpretation of the book's teaser. I glanced at the start of the book, and the couple of sentences starting the story agreed with what I saw in the teaser as well. That is: the restoration of his memory was quite brief, and might even have seemed like a dream to him afterwards.

Last edited by rpapo; 2013-05-14 at 13:43.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 14:07   Link #198
amrul
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Looking at how things progressed, I think I will still stick to the Banri x Kouko pairing. Linda's action towards Banri is still just like a caring family member (she nursed him and such until Kouko arrives).

Besides, unless something unexpected happen, Banri already made a promise to Kouko. But I'not comfortable with the last 2 illustration in the 6th volume. Hopefully it turned out well. With the current reading pace, I would finish the 5th volume by next week, and I still could not find scans for the 6th volume
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 14:21   Link #199
blade82
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: you have to find out
Spoiler for a question to amrul:
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 14:33   Link #200
amrul
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
Spoiler for a question to amrul:
Spoiler for volume 5:
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
college, dengeki bunko, love triangle, romance, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.