AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-21, 01:23   Link #1061
sasahar17
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
Include me on the list as soon as i get my own fic up... been lacking ideas for Korean Peninsula Later January 1998
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAquarion View Post
He wakes up in a abandoned house and one of the first things he hears is a rendition of a song by Sheryl nome?
Not really sure if he'd know who Sheryl Nome is, given that he's from 2001 and Macross Frontier only aired in 2008... Anyway, bottom line: don't expect Takeru to show up in the main story.

Also, here's the first 'news article' I wrote up.

Spoiler for ML: DYRL News Snippet 1:
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 08:01   Link #1062
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
Yay!

Not really sure if he'd know who Sheryl Nome is, given that he's from 2001 and Macross Frontier only aired in 2008... Anyway, bottom line: don't expect Takeru to show up in the main story.

Also, here's the first 'news article' I wrote up.

Spoiler for ML: DYRL News Snippet 1:

now how would IRG/UN/US/Russia/EU would react to bullet deflection using PB Blade... hahahahah
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 09:43   Link #1063
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
New fic on the horizon and....

.. is yet another Macross crossover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
Yay!

Not really sure if he'd know who Sheryl Nome is, given that he's from 2001 and Macross Frontier only aired in 2008... Anyway, bottom line: don't expect Takeru to show up in the main story.

Also, here's the first 'news article' I wrote up.

Spoiler for ML: DYRL News Snippet 1:
Interesting.

Spoiler for Thoughts and speculations:
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 11:15   Link #1064
faiz blaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Interesting.

So 3 of the A-01 Valkyries goes rogue, takes over Yokohama Base, claims themselves as RLF/ Allegiance members but not before blowing themselves up including their boss Yuuko, the only Valkyrie who didn't join them and the staff employed there. And Yuuhi is somehow dead and Ikaruga has taken over Japan as regent while the IRG has made their own VTFs.

I smell a conspiracy! The A-01 would never join terrorists like the RLF so this whole hostage thing in Yokohama was probably a ploy by Yuuko to make the world believe they're dead so that Yuuko, the A-01s and the Yokohama staff can be somewhere to do their plans undisturbed. Maybe somewhere unknown or possibly the Macross universe.

I also doubt Yuuhi is dead since her bodyguard and adviser is Female Shriogane.

PS: Since TE visual novel revealed Mother Russia survived Kamchatka, will she be making an appearance in MuvLuv: DYRL?
Maybe the trusted adviser kicked the bucket first...

But leaving the conspiracy theories aside for a moment (), I have to say this is a good fic.

The only thing that I'm having a hard time swallowing is the time-frame. Too many changes happened too fast, making everything seem implausible. And I'm not just talking about the characters' lives and personalities, but the very setting as well - if I got this right, the Valkyries were introduced roughly about 2 years ago, and in that short space of time they not only became mainstream all over the world but also started to replace the TSF in just about everything (). That is not something you would see happening in at least half a decade.
__________________
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 16:53   Link #1065
sasahar17
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
I'll try and get the replies out of the way since I have something more important I want to publish here. I'll refrain on confirming or denying too much becuase since speculation from the readers makes me smile, but there are a few things I can say without spoiling too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for Thoughts and speculations:
Sorry to say, for the sake of Nastassja's story arc she's dead as a doornail. Sorry to all her fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
The only thing that I'm having a hard time swallowing is the time-frame. Too many changes happened too fast, making everything seem implausible.
Yeah, I can see your point. It was a major problem for me during the planning stages because there is a deadline the characters have to beat (February 23, 2004), and everything I want to have happen is going to have to get crammed that timeframe.

Hopefully I can give some good explanations to some of the changers later.

Anyway, this is what I want to show you. It's a teaser for another fic I have in the works (alongside a sorta Yukikaze-TotalEclipse crossover that is at 1000 words). I'm just throwing it out there to see what people think of the concept.

Spoiler for Dear Yuuya...:


It's a girl reading letters to her comatose older-half brother while getting run over by the trauma train, repeatedly, while trying to come to grips with the fact she has unresolved 'issues' with him.

Like it, hate it, please let me know what you think. If the reception is good, I might consider turning it into a full length fic (won't be too long though).
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 16:54   Link #1066
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
I don't usually make comments about other people's writing (because ultimately, my opinions are biased and subjective, and I don't really think like fixing that problem unless being locked in a formal debate...), but I have to say, that's bloody well written.

I could have seen the sparkles of love in DYRL. Even if I don't watch Macross.

Spoiler for AMT~kun's dreadful prediction corner time:



And now, I have to put in Goose and Sasahar into Comet. Hope you guys like genderswaps~
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 17:02   Link #1067
sasahar17
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Forgot to make a comment on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Valkyries were introduced roughly about 2 years ago, and in that short space of time they not only became mainstream all over the world but also started to replace the TSF in just about everything
Oops. It was never my intention that Valkyries completely replace TSFs in everything. In fact, VTFs had problems with fighting BETA becuase they run out of ammo quicker than a TSF (hence my air v armor comparison). Humanity can only win if everything works together.

I'll have to put more focus on the F-35 and the F-18 in the next JH to make up for this. Big Oops.

Oh yeah, just to clarify: The Shinden II that the Japs have is a TSF, not a Valkyrie. The IRG don't do Vallkyries.

Erm, don't forget to give feedback and comments on "Dear Yuuya..." in my post above. I will give presents (not)!
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 17:06   Link #1068
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
...No cookie?

*Leaves*

Kidding. It was quite good. It captures quite well what Yuuya's dad must have being going through, as well as what Yui would feel. I like it.
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 23:20   Link #1069
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
Yay!

Not really sure if he'd know who Sheryl Nome is, given that he's from 2001 and Macross Frontier only aired in 2008... Anyway, bottom line: don't expect Takeru to show up in the main story.

Also, here's the first 'news article' I wrote up.
I said a rendition of a song which the macross crew knows that it was done by Sheryl Nome but to the people of Earth it was done by someone else.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 23:22   Link #1070
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
I'll try and get the replies out of the way since I have something more important I want to publish here. I'll refrain on confirming or denying too much becuase since speculation from the readers makes me smile, but there are a few things I can say without spoiling too much.

Sorry to say, for the sake of Nastassja's story arc she's dead as a doornail. Sorry to all her fans!

Yeah, I can see your point. It was a major problem for me during the planning stages because there is a deadline the characters have to beat (February 23, 2004), and everything I want to have happen is going to have to get crammed that timeframe.

Hopefully I can give some good explanations to some of the changers later.

Anyway, this is what I want to show you. It's a teaser for another fic I have in the works (alongside a sorta Yukikaze-TotalEclipse crossover that is at 1000 words). I'm just throwing it out there to see what people think of the concept.

Spoiler for Dear Yuuya...:


It's a girl reading letters to her comatose older-half brother while getting run over by the trauma train, repeatedly, while trying to come to grips with the fact she has unresolved 'issues' with him.

Like it, hate it, please let me know what you think. If the reception is good, I might consider turning it into a full length fic (won't be too long though).
It was quite good. I would love to read more of it.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 23:55   Link #1071
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
Forgot to make a comment on this:

Oops. It was never my intention that Valkyries completely replace TSFs in everything. In fact, VTFs had problems with fighting BETA becuase they run out of ammo quicker than a TSF (hence my air v armor comparison). Humanity can only win if everything works together.

I'll have to put more focus on the F-35 and the F-18 in the next JH to make up for this. Big Oops.

Oh yeah, just to clarify: The Shinden II that the Japs have is a TSF, not a Valkyrie. The IRG don't do Vallkyries.

Erm, don't forget to give feedback and comments on "Dear Yuuya..." in my post above. I will give presents (not)!
I would guess that A-01 Valkyries would return back with VF-25 'Messiah' and VF-27 'Lucifer'... or something along those lines
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 04:35   Link #1072
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
“Dear Yuuya…”
- I like it. Needs a bit more fine-tuning, I think--more on usage of terms, etc.

The one bit I think could be rephrased a bit differently is this:
Quote:
Even though she was sitting on a simple foldout chair, Yui nevertheless felt lifeless. Had she been standing, she was sure she collapse in a boneless heap.
- It just comes off as a bit awkward. I know what you're trying to convey, but maybe try describing it differently? Other than that, nothing else really seems to be wrong with it.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 05:07   Link #1073
sasahar17
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
I would guess that A-01 Valkyries would return back with VF-25 'Messiah' and VF-27 'Lucifer'... or something along those lines
Nope! Nice guess, but one thing I decided upon is that interference from the Macross-verse would be limited to the five ‘visitors’ and what they brought with them. The only VF-25 the Muv Luv would will ever see is the one Hibiki was flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
It was quite good. It captures quite well what Yuuya's dad must have being going through, as well as what Yui would feel. I like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAquarion View Post
It was quite good. I would love to read more of it.
Thanks! Okay, I’ll add ‘Dear Yuuya…’ to my to do list. It’s probably going to be really short though and a very character centric piece (Yui).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- I like it. Needs a bit more fine-tuning, I think--more on usage of terms, etc.
Thanks! I’ll take that into consideration when the actual thing comes out (including the part you pointed out).
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 05:13   Link #1074
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
Yeah, well, I've decided to get with that Extraverse thing I was talking about.
Because, it's not like I'm jealous of "Dear Yuuya" or anything...

It'll probably be a tad bit OOC. Because, Extraverse.

Spoiler for So, did you think Extraverse was without drama?:


It's actually going to be a tri-shot. The first part is about Yui trying to deal with- and failing to deal with - her love. The next in Yui confronting Cryska. It also contains me, Sasahar and Goose. As girls. It'll be fun.
The last part is the Christmas party and (immoral) happy ending.
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 05:13   Link #1075
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
Nope! Nice guess, but one thing I decided upon is that interference from the Macross-verse would be limited to the five ‘visitors’ and what they brought with them. The only VF-25 the Muv Luv would will ever see is the one Hibiki was flying.


Thanks! Okay, I’ll add ‘Dear Yuuya…’ to my to do list. It’s probably going to be really short though and a very character centric piece (Yui).

Thanks! I’ll take that into consideration when the actual thing comes out (including the part you pointed out).
WHY!!! WHY!!! GIVE ME BACK MY VF-27 BETA(Commander Version)
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 07:14   Link #1076
sasahar17
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Spoiler for So, did you think Extraverse was without drama?:
Oh God, someone should introduce THIS Yui to Azaka Kokutou, beucase I started reading the former in the latter's voice about halfway through it and couldn't stop laughing after that. I mean it was mean any everything, but damn. It fits so well.

The entrance of the 'thieving cat character', stage right at the very end didn't help matters. Damn I'm mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
It also contains me, Sasahar and Goose. As girls. It'll be fun. The last part is the Christmas party and (immoral) happy ending.
Wait, hold on. I'm going to be in this? Where?

Last edited by sasahar17; 2013-05-22 at 07:30.
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 08:10   Link #1077
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9291917/...aking-the-Tide

You need to read that... quite good actually
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 08:33   Link #1078
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
Nope! Nice guess, but one thing I decided upon is that interference from the Macross-verse would be limited to the five ‘visitors’ and what they brought with them. The only VF-25 the Muv Luv would will ever see is the one Hibiki was flying.
There goes my dream of seeing the 207th taking a last stand against Ikaruga's forces until the A-01's rescues them in their new VTFs from the Macross universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Yeah, well, I've decided to get with that Extraverse thing I was talking about.
Because, it's not like I'm jealous of "Dear Yuuya" or anything...

It'll probably be a tad bit OOC. Because, Extraverse.

-snip-
Yui-chan no ecchi.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 08:44   Link #1079
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
I should say that the only reason I even know who Azaka Kokutou is, is because I read TV Tropes.

I had no idea it would fit.
It was intended to be sort of sarcastic at times, but that's because it's actually Yui's mind narrating itself, pointing out the things that Yui herself would rather keep hidden.

Yeah, Yui is a naughty, naughty girl, but then again, it's because she feels so strongly about Yuuya.

As for me, Goose and Sasa, we come up next chapter when the narration describes the kind of women Yuuya knows. Yui is convinced that my char is positively insane, and bi, since I have Goose and Ikaruga and Inia wrapped around my fingers. Also, we hang out together and cause colossal damage. There's a reason Latorova will never hold any more barbecues.

On serious note, the Cryska bit actually took me a bit to write (it's halfway done now), because it's less about hate, and the sheer despair that Yui feels when she meets her.

--
Yeah, I read that fic. As far as Takeru-centric, it feels really good. I hope the writer can keep it up.
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 09:00   Link #1080
Dragonkid11
A random-man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9291917/...aking-the-Tide

You need to read that... quite good actually
Excellent,canonity has gone out of the window by chapter 2.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfiction, harem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.