4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-21, 15:49   Link #341
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Late to the party (when aren't I?), but really good episode.

To be honest GAR Titan wasn't what gave me the chills, it was seeing that scene where everyone was really pumped to get themselves into gear. Sadly the odds didn't seem to be on their favor at first, but that apparently changed when you know-who showed up.

The part where GAR Titan sent that other Titan's head flying and regenerating was too cool for me to comprehend. It's appearance was pretty unexpected, especially when I was just anxious to see how Mikasa was gonna make it through, but I spent the time raising an eyebrow and wondering "....Wait wut just happened....?" instead of going "Things just got real!!!"

Now what'll be this next secret they learn in the next episode, I'll really want to know. Can't help but think that I'd enjoy this more if I marathoned this series.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 18:18   Link #342
Czoppy

Well I've never seen manga so I can only assume
Spoiler for Speculation:

Other things aside, since doctors shot came up number of times, can someone explain this to me? They way I got it was that Eren was hallucinating. The injection scene was happening in woods, Eren said "Since the time mom died your nuts", it just made no chronological sense to me - I thought he was just dreaming or something like that.
Czoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 21:45   Link #343
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czoppy View Post
Other things aside, since doctors shot came up number of times, can someone explain this to me? They way I got it was that Eren was hallucinating. The injection scene was happening in woods, Eren said "Since the time mom died your nuts", it just made no chronological sense to me - I thought he was just dreaming or something like that.
He wasn't hallucinating or dreaming. Remember when he woke up with Mikasa by his side with the key around his neck? He didn't have the key before that, Grisha also happened to take the key with him when he left before the attack. So at some point after Wall Maria was lost they met, he injected his son with whatever was in the syringe and gave him the key.

More than it not making sense chronologically, I'm surprised Mikasa took her eyes off Eren long enough for that to happen, especially considering she hadn't seen Grisha at all. She always watches over him like a hawk.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 21:48   Link #344
JamJackEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Seems to be a fact.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
They took that expression on Mikasa from Hataraku Maou-sama!. But I'm not complaining.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 01:53   Link #345
revive4563

btw titans have no man's organ...
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 02:17   Link #346
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Or female ones for the matter.

Assuming you mean genitalia.
Old 2013-05-22, 02:36   Link #347
larethian

I wonder how one can differentiate between male and female then. They all look like male to me
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 02:41   Link #348
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I wonder how one can differentiate between male and female then. They all look like male to me
Boobs, physique, hips, etc.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 05:34   Link #349
JamJackEvo

I've read from somewhere that female Titans are a rarity, though. Probably true, since all we've seen are male Titans.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 05:44   Link #350
zRichard

There's a female titan in the OP during the "ignore the pigs" part
Old 2013-05-22, 08:01   Link #351
Czoppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
He wasn't hallucinating or dreaming. Remember when he woke up with Mikasa by his side with the key around his neck? He didn't have the key before that, Grisha also happened to take the key with him when he left before the attack. So at some point after Wall Maria was lost they met, he injected his son with whatever was in the syringe and gave him the key.
Well, totally true. But aside from that its one of the worse loose ends I ever encoutered >_<
Did he die? Did he left his son and adopted daughter? Did he went loco and run away? Did he left those two to starve during food shortage? That gap in the story is too much :|
Czoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 08:32   Link #352
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Did he die? Did he left his son and adopted daughter? Did he went loco and run away? Did he left those two to starve during food shortage? That gap in the story is too much :|
Why do you assume it won't be covered at some point?
Old 2013-05-22, 09:29   Link #353
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Well, totally true. But aside from that its one of the worse loose ends I ever encoutered >_<
He had to go.
He has a mission to accomplish, a massive nation-wide alchemy symbol to engrave into the ground, and an evil homunculus overlord to defeat.

You know. One-armed, one-legged son and all.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:01   Link #354
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJackEvo View Post
I've read from somewhere that female Titans are a rarity, though. Probably true, since all we've seen are male Titans.
That is either pure speculation or something from manga/other non-anime sources. They seem arbitrary so far.

Since it's explained that they don't have sexual reproductive organs so does it matter what gender they are?
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 10:18   Link #355
larethian

Aesthetic purposes or other reproductive means perhaps? Who knows? They might grow them when they are in season

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He had to go.
He has a mission to accomplish, a massive nation-wide alchemy symbol to engrave into the ground, and an evil homunculus overlord to defeat.

You know. One-armed, one-legged son and all.
Erhh, wasn't the nation wide alchemy symbol done by the overlord to transmute the nation I thought?

Seems like his son may have 'awakened' into an 'Abysmal One', I'd say. We need to gather the single digits for the hunt!
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 10:20   Link #356
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
That is either pure speculation or something from manga/other non-anime sources. They seem arbitrary so far.

Since it's explained that they don't have sexual reproductive organs so does it matter what gender they are?
couldn't you understand?
kids people want titan with b00bs...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 10:26   Link #357
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Aesthetic purposes or other reproductive means perhaps? Who knows? They might grow them when they are in season

Erhh, wasn't the nation wide alchemy symbol done by the overlord to transmute the nation I thought?

Seems like his son may have 'awakened' into an 'Abysmal One', I'd say. We need to gather the single digits for the hunt!

The evil one dug tunnels to make the nation-wide alchemy symbol.
Daddy made a counter-symbol also nation wide, using his own portion of the souls.

So they both did it.
Old 2013-05-22, 12:57   Link #358
Claym0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
couldn't you understand?
kids people want titan with b00bs...
Well since most of the titans look kinda creepy someone really has to be an..........exceptional individual with unique taste if he wants to see titans with boobies.
Claym0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:23   Link #359
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I mentioned a couple episodes ago (Episode 6?) where there are three Titans running across the field towards the wall, that the dark haired one on the right looks very female-ish. Especially where the "chest" can be seen getting in front of the left arm as he/she/it walks. I'm at work right now so I can't provide a screenshot.

Endless "So busy working" Soul
Old 2013-05-25, 15:17   Link #360
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh geez, I can't believe I only just realised this now but I now noticed a deeper meaning behind Mikasa's will to fight: For someone who has always had control over her body, it must have come as an extra shock to Mikasa that her body would act on it's own like that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote