AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-02-05, 12:57   Link #1
EnZimE

How to view subtitles

Im trying to find a way to view my subtitles from animes when I burn them to DVD's to watch on tv. Some are cut half way while others are about 3/4 cut off. Any suggestions?
EnZimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 14:32   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Check the sticky thread in this forum

Long answer: the problem you are experiencing is called "overscan". It is caused by your
TV cutting off the outer edge of the screen. Some TVs or DVD players have settings that
will allow you to adjust overscan, but most will not.

Ideally the subs should be placed not so close to the edges in fansubs, but you'll have
a very hard time to convince fansub groups to do that. The only reasonble simply way
of solving this problem is to add borders to the video while encoding it to DVD format.
The borders will then get cut off by overscan, leaving the rest (and full picture) viewable.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 15:35   Link #3
EnZimE

What do you feel is the quickest and also easiest method for someone who would have to do this process for almost 100 episodes of anime(different series).
Old 2006-02-05, 16:15   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Well, my scripts (again, see the sticky thread) may take some time setting up properly,
but when they're working then you can queue any number of episodes of all kinds of series
(as long as they're fansubs -- my scripts won't work well with dvd rips) and start encoding
them by starting one batch file.

The encode process itself however may take upto 1-2 hours depending on how fast
your PC is, what kind of MPEG encoder you use and what kind of settings you use.

For example: using QuEnc using HQ VBR settings on a older PC might take up to 2 hours/ep.
But using CCE and CBR settings on a top-of-the-line Dual Core CPU PC might take only 10 min/ep.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 19:52   Link #5
EnZimE

OMG it works! and it wasnt hard of a process as i thought! I love u (no homo) lol