Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-05-23, 08:20   Link #301
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
It's weird if you know anatomy. What's not achieved in beheading that is achieved in slicing the neck aside the fact that beheading is just slicing through and through the neck?
The entire physiology of the Titans is suppose to be weird. You shouldn't be thinking of them in humans terms at all. What we are supposed take away here is that whatever causes them to cease functioning isn't located in their head. Just as they don't need sight to find humans.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 08:25   Link #302
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
The entire physiology of the Titans is suppose to be weird. You should be thinking of them in humans terms at all. What we are supposed take anyway here is that cause for them to cease functioning isn't located in their head.
Ok, ok.. I accept that.. the question is.. Whats the difference of beheading and slicing the neck? What will beheading MISSED that slicing won't?

Damn.. you should have not removed its head... you only need to slice it...

HA?

P.S. I don't know if answering this is considered a spoiler but I hope the Mods could think about it...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 08:28   Link #303
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Ok, ok.. I accept that.. the question is.. Whats the difference of beheading and slicing the neck? What will beheading MISSED that slicing won't?
you do watch episode 7 right?

the scene where renegade titan beheaded another 15m-class titan with punch

it's not that beheading won't kill the titan, enough damage to certain spot in the nape (mentioned in episode 4) is the deciding factor here

if by beheading Titan, you can put enough damage there, you can also kill it at the same time
Old 2013-05-23, 08:32   Link #304
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
if by beheading Titan, you can put enough damage there, you can also kill it at the same time
Well it seems it doesn't....
Others say it isn't....
Others say it is...
better say... NOT CLEAR...

Seems also that the author is also using the e Achilles heel as reference.
Old 2013-05-23, 08:37   Link #305
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It would work if you cut at the bottom of the neck. Most would cut at the middle, and that's too high. The voonerable spot is actually somewhere between the bottom of the nape of the neck and the top of shoulderblades.

(And that's spot's not actually softer, just less regenerat-y).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 08:38   Link #306
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It would work if you cut at the bottom of the neck. Most would cut at the middle, and that's too high. The voonerable spot is actually somewhere between the bottom of the nape of the neck and the top of shoulderblades.

(And that's spot's not actually softer, just less regenerat-y).

So its around the C5-C6, I seen that. But in another Titan in episode 7, Mikasa seemed to slice at higher around C3.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-23 at 16:08. Reason: removed hint
Old 2013-05-23, 08:40   Link #307
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Genjichan this is something I discussed extensively with Sousuke Sagara. They aren't simply "slicing" the nape, they take away a whole portion of it.
It's very fast so perhaps you didn't notice but look frame for frame and you'll notice the chunk of meats flying when Mikasa killed her first two titans.

Simply slicing the nape would most likely not work and that also explains why they need to use two swords at the same time.

So well at the very least you must admit that what they are doing causes a whole different kind of damage than "beheading".

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 08:48   Link #308
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Simply slicing the nape would most likely not work and that also explains why they need to use two swords at the same time.
So "chopping off" and not just slicing?
Old 2013-05-23, 09:08   Link #309
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I propose we get back to this discussion after the next episode.
Old 2013-05-23, 09:10   Link #310
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
So "chopping off" and not just slicing?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Like this.

It seems that the vital spot is really at the very lower base of the neck, a very difficult spot to hit unless you attack from behind.

Of course considering that cannons are supposed to work too to a certain degree and considering what the renegade Titan did, we can conclude that even a complete destruction of that part will work too without necessarily cutting it away.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 20:11   Link #311
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Latest update on the anti-titan weapon idea: a weapon combining the features of 3D manuever gear to create a sort of wire-guided rocket launcher firing a rocket that runs along the wire after it is fired into a Titan.

Basically, the user would first fire the guide wire at the neck of the the titan, before firing the actual rocket (could be powered either by gas like the 3D maneuver gear or conventional gunpowder rocketry).

The weapon would probably use a sort of warhead similar to the sticky bombs I mentioned earlier- a hardened steel spike at the end of the rocket, with a "kicker charge" to force the spike deeper into the neck, followed by a smaller charge in the tip of the spike to actually destroy the weak point.

Ideally, and given the size of 3D maneuver gear, it may be possible with SnK technology levels, to create a version about the size of an RPG, capable of being carried by single user or a two-man team, intended to remain hidden until the Titan presents its weak point and fired.

If not, it could still be an effective close range mounted weapon in a swiveling mount placed on walls and rooftops. In a mounted form, it could come in a variety of calibers, some possibly firing man-sized projectiles with large explosive charges.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 20:52   Link #312
SagaraSouske

Sometimes when they kill giants, it's just a normal cross cut swing and we see no flesh rendered. Sometimes flesh is rendered. The plan drawn by Armin show cross slashes at neck, doesn't seem like it would remove chunk of flesh with that cross cut. Also, Jean was able to swing and cut off a giant's fingers with ease again.

Combining this with the knowledge of human pilots residing at nape of neck, I don't think it is necessary to melee at all. As long as you can puncture deep or do wide area dmg to the nape, it should be sufficient to kill the giant and any human pilot within, as long as you deal fatal dmg to the human pilot.
Old 2013-05-25, 22:08   Link #313
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

if human really resides inside of the titan's nape like Eren (which probably the case for any intelligent or probably some deviant types like armored titan, not sure about the others)

and it can be concluded that slashing deep damage to the nape is intended to kill the core (human) in one hit that resides there before regeneration start to take place

geez, finally I can post this, took the whole 8 weeks
Old 2013-05-26, 03:55   Link #314
yankky5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Combining this with the knowledge of human pilots residing at nape of neck, I don't think it is necessary to melee at all. As long as you can puncture deep or do wide area dmg to the nape, it should be sufficient to kill the giant and any human pilot within, as long as you deal fatal dmg to the human pilot.
You do know the "human" pilot within that titan would still exposed to the high regenerative ability that is found within titans right. I mean look at erens arm and leg

Besides that no hand held weapon in SnK (including crossbow) has that much penetrating power and shape charged explosives is non existent they have no choice but to cut it out with those "Hardened steel blades"

Though their is a weapon that you might like. Ever heard of the recoil less rifle??
Old 2013-05-26, 04:03   Link #315
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
you do watch episode 7 right?

the scene where renegade titan beheaded another 15m-class titan with punch

it's not that beheading won't kill the titan, enough damage to certain spot in the nape (mentioned in episode 4) is the deciding factor here

The weak point isn't the neck. The the nape of the neck. So if you want to behead it, you need to aim lower. But normal human swords are too small to behead titans.

Remember when the renegade punched the head off the other titan? It was still alive, and the renegade had to stomp on the nape to kill it.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 04:08   Link #316
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
The weak point isn't the neck. The the nape of the neck. So if you want to behead it, you need to aim lower. But normal human swords are too small to behead titans.

Remember when the renegade punched the head off the other titan? It was still alive, and the renegade had to stomp on the nape to kill it.
I'm not sure why are you quoting my post, to say basically the same thing
Old 2013-05-26, 04:12   Link #317
Key Board
Carbon

my apologies let me clarify

what I am saying is that beheading a titan does not necessarily damage the nape
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 04:26   Link #318
NoemiChan
Banned

What not the head but the nape for Titan control?

Images
Old 2013-05-26, 04:55   Link #319
yankky5

Is that so...
Old 2013-05-26, 11:44   Link #320
Iron Maw
Banned

Images
more on the 3d m gear
Images
titan classes
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote