AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-05-26, 03:08   Link #521
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

I think that exterior , full tunning , the Rensa's ,the quantum , DNA, Shading computer and fluid dynamics is another set up of something major just like the sisters connection to Kazakiri guess all we can do is wait
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 05:46   Link #522
Stabman
Level 3 Instigator

Great volume and the first volume I've read without looking at the non-colour pages (as fully intended).
If that England-thing you guys were talking about is true then I'm quite excited.
It's been a while and I'm starting to seriously miss our beloved magic-siders.
Stabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 10:00   Link #523
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
So far it seems like a poor copy of volume 19, focus on science but hardly any advancement on the story, we have the group deal again with another member of the board of directors.

I dunno in general I feel this was a "fanservice" volume so to speak.

Gather of most of the level 5
The way Kamichi narrates the 6 level 5 almost make you think of Aogami at some points
Misaki introduction to the novel
Mikoto back to her tsundere antics
I agree.

Between chapters I had the feeling this volume lacked sustance.

Btw, I liked the despair from Vol.19 but here it was lacking.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 10:16   Link #524
Reality_Breaker

Hi, this is my first post after a few months reading your posts and reading the LN I finally decided to join the fun, I might not post as much as many of you but I hope to contribute to the discussions.

So to get started let me get this out of the way, I 'm a hardcore KamijouxMikoto shipper, you can't change my mind not even if you were Mental Out, that said I keep reading a lot of you post about WorstxAccelerator but in my opinion they don't go together, how about (please think about this carefully) MuginoxAccelerator after NT 6 I have been shipping these two and they actually seem to fit together since they both kinda understand each other.

Now on to NT 7 I loved this volume everything was so epic it's hard to imagine it all happened in a day. Touma (my favorite character along with Mikoto) keeps getting more epic by the volume, he just proved to everyone that he could defeat every one of the 7 lvl5 in some way by fighting Rensa, I hope we get to see Touma fight Gunha at some point that fight would be epic.

On the Mikoto front I don't understand why many of you think she took a few steps backwards in her relationship with Touma in this chapter, if you look at things from her perspective you'll understand her actions better, now as a guy even I can see why she did what she did, I mean think about it she saw a guy she knew who happens to be the one shes in love with in a place where men were forbidden to enter running along the rooftops looking suspicious of course she's going to get the wrong idea, also she didn't attack him she tried to catch him so he would explain why he was there but he only made it worse by running from her, even Touma himself admits his mistake there.

Loved Misaki trolling everyone, especially Mikoto, Accelerator was his BAMF self, Hamazura was... well theres always a next time but at least he got Kuroyoru to start trusting him... I think. While i'm on the topic of Kuroyoru, eeryones saying shes part of Hamazuras group but I think you'tre forgetting she got IDTI'd by Touma back in NT 1 and you know what that means (as a plus there was that scene in the bathroom with Touma and the cat ears).

I'm glad that Index has been left in the far background (I reeeeaallly don't like Index after the firs few volumes she got annoying she should stay as a pet from now on) since New Testament started and this volume shows why. Too bad we didn't get to see more of the Touma/Kakine team up but when Touma punche's a Cyborg that's flying at him at supersonic speeds and dodges her freaking hits and defeats her, you won't hear any arguing from me. Let's see if Tsushimikado goes back to Necesarius or takes on a new persona to stay in AC. Gunha was lol worthy, and having every lvl 5 helping Touma was awesome. Also Toumas last quote might just be the best i've read yet.

Before I finish has anyone noticed that the Kamijou Faction evened out in NT 6? I mean...

Guys

Kamijou Touma
Accelerator
Hamazura Shiage
Kakine Teitoku

Girls

Misaka Mikoto
Mugino Shizuri
Rikuo (sorry forgot her full name, haven't slept yet)
Kinuhata Saiai

also 5 of the lvl 5's are part of it, Alister is going to have some trouble going his way.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 10:30   Link #525
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I agree.

Between chapters I had the feeling this volume lacked sustance.

Btw, I liked the despair from Vol.19 but here it was lacking.
particularly speaking, I feel a sense of despair in chapter 2 (mainly) at 3 and epilogue (though the epilogue may have just been feeling like the situation was tense), this volume is contradictory, you can find things you loves and hates, anyway, I think it inferior to vol 4, 6, 1 NT.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 10:43   Link #526
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

I'm not sure how to put it but this volume was kind of like seasoning on food? Many elements from previous volumes lead up to this and this volume introduced many more science side elements that too will surely lead up to something even bigger. Like, I'm sure it will only add to the complete picture to create something awesome but as a stand alone with no knowledge of the future events or proper understanding of the inner workings of elements introduced yet, it was... well, it was kinda all over the place. Still cool though, there were many enjoyable scenes and interactions.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 15:01   Link #527
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
On the Mikoto front I don't understand why many of you think she took a few steps backwards in her relationship with Touma in this chap...
lol
Is there a relationship?

Ahem...

We were talking about her ephimere growth from vol.6 which turned into regression (90% tsun, barely dere) on the very 1st Chapter of the new novel.

Quote:
if you look at things from her perspective you'll understand her actions better, now as a guy even I can see why she did what she did, I mean think about it she saw a guy she knew who happens to be the one shes in love with in a place where men were forbidden to enter running along the rooftops looking suspicious of course she's going to get the wrong idea...
In my book any well balanced tsundere would have thought he sneaked in only to see her.

Quote:
While i'm on the topic of Kuroyoru, eeryones saying shes part of Hamazuras group but I think you'tre forgetting she got IDTI'd by Touma back in NT 1 and you know what that means (as a plus there was that scene in the bathroom with
Except Touma never punched+preached her, he negated her last attack before she collapsed after fighting Shiage and Accel.

Quote:
I'm glad that Index has been left in the far background (I reeeeaallly don't like Index after the firs few volumes she got annoying she should stay as a pet from now on) since New Testament started and this volume shows why..
It seems you missed England's civil war and the whole WWIII which just happens to be the reason why Touma went all the way to Russia, Index.
Also...

How she couldn't be of importance when she is the only magic side character so far who has angel wings like Accelerator and Teitoku and Laura acts as if the most normal thing?

It also seems you missed this is a science side volume except for Tsuchimikado whose magic is the trigger why Yakumi's plan failed.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 16:00   Link #528
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

If you ask me, Last Order is of less importance than Index- She doesn't even get involved in the fighting, she doesn't contribute to anything other than being Accelerator's moral compass and even at that Accelerator is the one doing the work, not her.

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 17:18   Link #529
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If you ask me, Last Order is of less importance than Index- She doesn't even get involved in the fighting, she doesn't contribute to anything other than being Accelerator's moral compass and even at that Accelerator is the one doing the work, not her.
I'd say they're both equal on levels of importance. They get roughly around the same "screentime", and assuming Index's knowledge will play a role in the future, they could have around the same relevance in terms of story (remember the Misaka network, and therefore LO, as its control tower, is apparently important for Crowley's plans, or at least for giving Aiwass a call, which I'm pretty sure is a big event). Last Order is passive, but I wouldn't call her not-important.
Requiem-x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 17:22   Link #530
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

Yeah, I guess 'importance' is too loaded of a word.

I know how this would play out if it continues so lets not....

Old 2013-05-26, 17:44   Link #531
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
lol
Is there a relationship?

Ahem...

We were talking about her ephimere growth from vol.6 which turned into regression (90% tsun, barely dere) on the very 1st Chapter of the new novel.

In my book any well balanced tsundere would have thought he sneaked in only to see her.

Except Touma never punched+preached her, he negated her last attack before she collapsed after fighting Shiage and Accel.

It seems you missed England's civil war and the whole WWIII which just happens to be the reason why Touma went all the way to Russia, Index.
Also...

How she couldn't be of importance when she is the only magic side character so far who has angel wings like Accelerator and Teitoku and Laura acts as if the most normal thing?

It also seems you missed this is a science side volume except for Tsuchimikado whose magic is the trigger why Yakumi's plan failed.

To some extent yes there is, my proof his reaction when Thor told him about how GREMLIN new what he and Mikoto talked about in Hawaii.

But thats just it there is no regression, she acted exactly how a girl from the garden who has never seen a guy in there is suppose to act, better yet out of all the girls in the Garden Mikoto and Misaki where the ones whose reaction were the most passive.

In my book a tsundere would be mad at him, call him a pervert and attack him before he knew what was coming, which she didn't, she saw him, thought he was her imagination running wild, realized he was real and did what any normal girl (at least the normal in AC) would do when she saw the guy on a rooftop, tried to catch him but unlike the other girls she wanted him to explain to her why he was there and at no point did she attack him or hurt him in the process so nothing tsundere there.

Also if you read carefully every encounter Touma and Mikoto have since the beginning the only time she acts tsundere is whenever Touma is with another girl or there is mention of him being with another girl, outside from that she acts normal around him, my proof NT 6 when Touma thinks it's Thor disguised as Mikoto and touches her chest, a tsundere to the lvl you seem to put Mikoto at would have attacked him but, she just stood there surprised and embarrassed, after that when Thor told her he was with a girl that's when she turned tsundere and only shocked him by mistake like she almost always does when she sees him with other girls, so I would say she's more dere than tsun by a large margin if you consider how tsunderes normally are in anime, manga and LN, with the worst offender being Louise form Zero no Tsukaima in my opinion.

But that's why I mentioned the bathroom scene and besides it's not like he always has to give a speech for them to fall for him, his actions are mostly what ends up making women fall for him most just happen to be the ones who were IDTI'd, but about half haven't even been punched so we could say Imagine Breaker almost always acts like a wingman, it gives that last shove needed to convert the more troublesome ones i'm going to say Kuroyoru is shared by Touma and Hamazura and leave it at that.

I'm not undermining Index's importance to the plot (One that's under used), maybe I should have explained better, I don't hate Index as a character, I just don't like her personality, which in my opinion got tired early on and am glad we're getting a breather from her. She is essentially a walking plot point just like Last Order, both have the same kind of importance, Index to the magic side and Last Order to the science side. Laura's Laura so that isn't anything special, she's the Alister of the magic side (in my opinion).

I know this is a magic side volume but given what's happened since the beginning of New Testament those lines have blurred, I mean come on we have Accelerator, Mikoto and Hamazura who are more from the science side stories helping in magic side conflicts, thinking of New Testament volumes as just strictly science side/magic side doesn't apply.

Last edited by Reality_Breaker; 2013-05-26 at 18:09.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 19:44   Link #532
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

Changing the topic back to NT7, I remember someone asking why Kakine didn't just split his body again- well given how he already had about 50 individual bodies out there disarming the bombs, I think if he tries to do it anymore he would risk the malicious side of him resurfacing.

This might happen if he isn't careful when regenerating his body.

Oh another thing, Rensa and Kamijou's clash of ideas might be cool to read, but it would kinda drag a scene when its in real time...

Old 2013-05-26, 19:49   Link #533
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

But you know Mikoto knows much less about the truth of the world around them than both Index and Last Order. She also has much less plot involvement and much less continuous impact than both the library of all them grimoires and Touma's connection to Neccessarius AND the control tower of Misaka Network which also supports Accelerator and Kazakiri.

Besides being the "face" of the academy city as the sane Level 5, she became pretty much discardable once they got her DNA map. She just didn't happen to run into something big enough that Aleister would need her removed(which, again, talks mountains of her plot involvement) and she's still a Level 5. She's just raw fighting power for wherever it's needed by now and most of the time it happens to work in the favor of Academy City like a perfect tool (Railgun SS anyone?) Five_OVER on top of that was pretty much just spitting on her face.

She's fun and cool and cute I get it. Love her as much as you want and sing praises to her perfection. Which she doesn't have considering she's an actual character with feelings, depth and flaws. Not the Mary Sue perfect waifu she gets treated as half of the time. But still, I wish people would think the setting over properly for once before slandering actually important characters in favor of their goddess who's pretty much just there for fanservice by now.

Edit: Yeah, sorry just change the topic. PLEASE change the topic I can't take this again.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 20:01   Link #534
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Changing the topic back to NT7, I remember someone asking why Kakine didn't just split his body again- well given how he already had about 50 individual bodies out there disarming the bombs, I think if he tries to do it anymore he would risk the malicious side of him resurfacing.

This might happen if he isn't careful when regenerating his body.:

I think it is even mentioned that he had sort of hollow kakine not have appeared.

Quote:
Oh another thing, Rensa and Kamijou's clash of ideas might be cool to read, but it would kinda drag a scene when its in real time... :uhoh

I still think that the coolest part of the volume (if you're referring to the end of their fight, or if it is for the moment just after the black wings appear, also agree

Quote:
Edit: Yeah, sorry just change the topic. PLEASE change the topic I can't take this again.

someone to say what were the best and worst moments of the volume in your opinion?
Old 2013-05-26, 20:18   Link #535
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

I don't know about best or worse, but the ending this time was really abrupt.

We get the usual montage of Kihara scheming and heroes philosophizing, but theres so many loose threads from Tsuchimikado's fake death to Misaki vs Mikoto

Old 2013-05-26, 20:28   Link #536
dniv
I am the Devil; I am Weed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
But you know Mikoto knows much less about the truth of the world around them than both Index and Last Order. She also has much less plot involvement and much less continuous impact than both the library of all them grimoires and Touma's connection to Neccessarius AND the control tower of Misaka Network which also supports Accelerator and Kazakiri.

Besides being the "face" of the academy city as the sane Level 5, she became pretty much discardable once they got her DNA map. She just didn't happen to run into something big enough that Aleister would need her removed(which, again, talks mountains of her plot involvement) and she's still a Level 5. She's just raw fighting power for wherever it's needed by now and most of the time it happens to work in the favor of Academy City like a perfect tool (Railgun SS anyone?) Five_OVER on top of that was pretty much just spitting on her face.

She's fun and cool and cute I get it. Love her as much as you want and sing praises to her perfection. Which she doesn't have considering she's an actual character with feelings, depth and flaws. Not the Mary Sue perfect waifu she gets treated as half of the time. But still, I wish people would think the setting over properly for once before slandering actually important characters in favor of their goddess who's pretty much just there for fanservice by now.

I SAID (maybe I didn't lol) whoever gets wings is important. I am hoping Mikoto gets real wings and not wings of blue light instead... When she gets black or white wings eventually: she will be super-powerful... but... maybe... her blue wings kind of count as Accelerator, Kakine's black wings do, and she just has to go one level higher to get white wings. I'm not entirely sure.

I mean she even had 6 wings at the same time: 6 was already a suspicious number in Railgun SS: Arts and Sciences City. Even though she could only make wings in that specific circumstance, she wanted to protect her friends and was able to do this... I'm not sure this counts yet.

However, I have another idea as to Mikoto's growth as an important character. Part of the reason she has so few appearances in the novels compared to what she should have in my opinion, is that Kamachi is writing a completely different series where she is the star. In this other series, we have her getting wings already once. Maybe that didn't count for real, but ever so slowly, we see Mikoto getting deeper into the darkness of the city and she can't really reject the fact that Academy City is actually very corrupt at its core. I have a feeling that after a lot more Railgun chapters we we will see Mikoto go through a lot more painful heartbreaking things

You guys can say she isn't an important character... but In Railgun: she stopped Terestina... if that isn't important than I really don't know what is Furthermore, she helped Aleister Crowley indirectly stop the experiments so that he could spread the sisters around the world. She also stopped Kiyama's AIM thought monster from destroying a nuclear powerplant causing a nuclear explosion. We forget that she has her own series. Whether or not that series is much less developed than Index as a series of its own, she will have lots and lots of development eventually. Considering she is the #1 female character and is the first to have won 4 times in a row, I foresee the Railgun manga continuing far into the future. I think that we'll eventually see her affected by the darkness greatly. In the railgun manga, we see the girl working for Gensei smile happily when she notices that is getting harder and harder for Mikoto to ignore the darkness of Academy City. Considering the fact that Touma and Mikoto have the same amount of relative character development/ presence/ importance (except Sisters arc) in the other one's franchise, if the Railgun manga covers most arcs of Index, Mikoto will have character development rivaling Hamazura, Accelerator, and Touma which is why I like her a lot. She has a lot of potential. I feel like she will eventually become a great character.

When we say Accelerator, Touma, Hamazura are great characters after reading NT 7, we are saying this after seeing their constant development for a lot of volumes... by the time the Railgun manga gets to the point... Mikoto will have more character development than any of them mainly because Index is 1/3 Touma-centric but doesn't really have that much character development for Touma, mostly for the people he saves. Touma's development is nicely and slowly dragged out, which I appreciate.

So basically, if the dark side still cares about Mikoto, if her father has enough power to threaten Crowley and get away with it (not getting any repercussions that is), if her Mother is a recurring character... if Mikoto/Misaki will have a lot of important character development in their interactions together, if Mikoto will be introduced to magic multiple times (she doesn't have to think it's different from science, I mean Saten might even learn about magic at the rate Daihasei is going), if all of these crazy things keep on happening: Mikoto will have a great back-story that doesn't need to be refurbished in the LN's. The only problem is that without huge Mikoto-Touma interactions that are in the main series, people won't ship them (if you want them to end up together that is). I think she could easily get white wings at some point and then become important like #1 and #2. She is #3 after-all and is the youngest of the level 5's that we have seen so far after all, which means she has room for some growth anyway. Plus, after seeing so little of Misaki in the Light novels, and then suddenly seeing her REAL introduction her in NT 7 and seeing her expanded upon A Lot in Daihasei arc of the railgun manga, we see a huge plot revolving around her that could have an impact in the future as well (maybe another part of one of Crowley's plans). This makes me feel like Mikoto could really suddenly be shown as having a new huge role in the future like Misaki. Also, Misaki said she knows the #6 in this volume, which makes me suspect that possibly the #6 will have an arc for himself in Railgun as well with Misaki and Mikoto, which could further increase her future importance/involvement in Index.

In my opinion, Misaki having a large role pretty much automatically means Mikoto will have a large role because they are arch-rivals, so we might be seeing more of that soon. I fore-see more of those two in the near future--- well... after we finish seeing poor Rikou get messed around with by AC.

Anyway, yes this was a huge blog of text. I'm sorry in advance.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 20:41   Link #537
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Oh another thing, Rensa and Kamijou's clash of ideas might be cool to read, but it would kinda drag a scene when its in real time...
At least it could be pulled off. I shudder to think of the horror that will result from trying to animate the whole coming to terms with amnesia and "that feeling" scene with Mikoto and Touma if/when we get a s3.

Also, everyone would be more than satisfied enough with the level 5 meeting to care about the preaching, at least during the first watch.
Requiem-x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 20:42   Link #538
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:

We get the usual montage of Kihara scheming and heroes philosophizing, but theres so many loose threads from Tsuchimikado's fake death to Misaki vs Mikoto

a friend of mine said that this is the kind of volume that would be better appreciated if read in conjunction with the 8 (depending on the content of it, of course) to see if these loose ends are joined.
Old 2013-05-26, 20:45   Link #539
dniv
I am the Devil; I am Weed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
a friend of mine said that this is the kind of volume that would be better appreciated if read in conjunction with the 8 (depending on the content of it, of course) to see if these loose ends are joined.
Don't forget that also in conjunction with Index SSS July 24, 2013
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 20:49   Link #540
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:

Abrupt is the right word, not only the ending, but the whole volume. The story just moved too fast without enough breaks in between. IMHO, this volume's story should have been split in two volume, albeit a thinner two volumes, with the first volume ending in cliffhanger with Tsuchimikado's "defeat" against Touma, and the second volume with the real Agitate Halation project.

Nevertheless, it's been a while since the POV went to the science side(since NT 1 I guess) so I guess I'm pretty happy Kamachi decide to went back to the science side. Next volume, I hope Kamijou at least show up at his school because he's skipped too many classes for his own good
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote