AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-26, 03:20   Link #101
melina_putri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Do you suppose the studio will add bits from the zero novel and the sequel game?
I guess they probably don't have time for that. Though they can put scenes from zero novel as flashback and a teaser scene from the sequel at the end, hinting they are going to animate the sequel as well (though I don't think these scenes are going to happen).

On a side note, last episode of Valvrave the Liberator and Devil Survivor 2: The Animation are scheduled to be aired on June 27th, so I guess MBS going to start airing this series and Love Lab from July 4th.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 14:48   Link #102
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I doubt we'll get any reference to the sequel in the anime, but I guess there may be a slight chance that a reference or two to Zero will be made. At least, that would make more sense IMO since Zero actually sets up the sequel's plot, anyway.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 15:50   Link #103
melina_putri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Looks like there will be a talk show and pre-air screening of the 1st episode at TOHO Cinemas Roppongi Hills on June 23rd.

http://www.geneonuniversal.jp/rondor...x00190000.html
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 16:39   Link #104
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Heck, just don't go to the game thread. Once you spoil yourself, it takes many of the interesting parts away from your experience. Way too much.
My perspective somewhat disagree with this! I guess for series like this murderer and victims are the biggest spoilers that people want to avoid.

I was spoiled regarding the first death, which is actually what got me interested. What I found really successful in this series is not the game play or tricks, it's the motive and the character building; this is something that most people don't bother spoiling (while the "main plot" takes too much effort to spoil without having to explain a whole lot of other crap). I'm about done with the first game and I still cannot accept that first death and a lot of the subsequent ones ...

The tricks are nothing new if you're a fan of the mystery series (and honestly the investigation part will literally give you every single clue needed and the judgment part will guide you step by step), if you play this with another person I guarantee you can solve each one with 90+ score even on hard on the first playthrough (ok maybe except that stupid Machine Gun part), even by yourself you can get near perfect on normal.

I think even if I knew all the killers and victims beforehand I could still enjoy this a lot, which sets this apart from much of the other mystery series. Obviously this is not to say go ahead and spoil yourself, but you don't have to be that cautious imo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Naegi Makoto: Ogata Megumi
Togami Byakuya: Ishida Akira
Couldn't stop thinking of Shinji and Kaoru while playing ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Is he a main chara or at least a regular?
Best male character and I will fight anyone who disagree otherwise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina_putri View Post
Looks like there will be a talk show and pre-air screening of the 1st episode at TOHO Cinemas Roppongi Hills on June 23rd.

http://www.geneonuniversal.jp/rondor...x00190000.html
Supposedly, the tickets for the pre-screening was sold out within 1 minute. I honestly hope this does well for a sequel because series 2's VAs are even more ridiculous .

There will be a spin-off by Kitayama Takekuni focusing on Kirigiri's "past", which I'm also very excited about. The "Castle" series from Kitayama's very, very good. The trick from the 3rd book (Alice Mirror) is absolutely great, kept me guessing with no clue whatsoever until the very end (and even at the end I could not solve it until later). Highly recommended even if you just read this one.

Hopefully this spin-off will just be as amazing. This is definitely my most anticipated series for the summer.

Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 05:05   Link #105
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
My perspective somewhat disagree with this! I guess for series like this murderer and victims are the biggest spoilers that people want to avoid.

I was spoiled regarding the first death, which is actually what got me interested. What I found really successful in this series is not the game play or tricks, it's the motive and the character building; this is something that most people don't bother spoiling (while the "main plot" takes too much effort to spoil without having to explain a whole lot of other crap). I'm about done with the first game and I still cannot accept that first death and a lot of the subsequent ones ...

The tricks are nothing new if you're a fan of the mystery series (and honestly the investigation part will literally give you every single clue needed and the judgment part will guide you step by step), if you play this with another person I guarantee you can solve each one with 90+ score even on hard on the first playthrough (ok maybe except that stupid Machine Gun part), even by yourself you can get near perfect on normal.

I think even if I knew all the killers and victims beforehand I could still enjoy this a lot, which sets this apart from much of the other mystery series. Obviously this is not to say go ahead and spoil yourself, but you don't have to be that cautious imo!
Spoiler for Just to be cautious, the comments are kind of OT refering to the game and the mechanics:

Also, in regards to the caution, I was really talking about the... To put it in a metaphor, "the end of the threads" than individual cases. Those sites can spoil the last 1/4 part of the game easily lol, which can take away some of the expressions

... Hopefully I diluted the exact specific details of spoiling level there. I think I did, anyway...
Quote:
Supposedly, the tickets for the pre-screening was sold out within 1 minute. I honestly hope this does well for a sequel because series 2's VAs are even more ridiculous .

There will be a spin-off by Kitayama Takekuni focusing on Kirigiri's "past", which I'm also very excited about. The "Castle" series from Kitayama's very, very good. The trick from the 3rd book (Alice Mirror) is absolutely great, kept me guessing with no clue whatsoever until the very end (and even at the end I could not solve it until later). Highly recommended even if you just read this one.

Hopefully this spin-off will just be as amazing. This is definitely my most anticipated series for the summer.

Ah yeah, was thinking of mentioning the ridiculous sold out pre-screening ticket, too busy with RL at the moment ;ヮ; No more going crazy with uni majors this year orz It REALLY sold out under 1 minute lol, because my cousin (er, my cousin's friend to be exact) actually told me that she actually was typing like crazy fast and yet still can't get the ticket. F5 was included.

Really, the fandom is a dedicated bunch. Now to see whether the anime can live up to its fans expectation, with how DeSu2 is... Um, well...? A-At least we know that in this one, Kodaka is supervising the script as well as opposed to DeSu2's non-information (as far as I know)?

And thanks for mentioning the spinoff! I'll definitely miss Kodaka's over the top, anime-esque description (no kidding, I can't explain it but... His description is very easy to imagine in "anime-way", compared to even LoveCom light novels. if you get what I mean ), but with the writer, Kirigiri's spinoff will be very interesting, to say without spoiling XD

Right, I should stop running away from my studies and go make more notes in the final one week... Erk.
__________________


Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2013-06-03 at 07:07. Reason: Putting kind of off-topic? comments to spoiler box
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 23:22   Link #106
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
.There will be a spin-off by Kitayama Takekuni focusing on Kirigiri's "past", which I'm also very excited about. The "Castle" series from Kitayama's very, very good. The trick from the 3rd book (Alice Mirror) is absolutely great, kept me guessing with no clue whatsoever until the very end (and even at the end I could not solve it until later). Highly recommended even if you just read this one.

Hopefully this spin-off will just be as amazing. This is definitely my most anticipated series for the summer.



Mmm, yes. That is very sweet news, indeed! Still, it's always Kirigiri who gets all the attention (mind you, she IS a cool character, but still). I wonder if the day will ever come when we'll get a Crazy Diamonds story starring the Oowada brothers.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 14:46   Link #107
ukulelembo
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 22:14   Link #108
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I see what the studio is doing
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 02:46   Link #109
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Mmm, yes. That is very sweet news, indeed! Still, it's always Kirigiri who gets all the attention (mind you, she IS a cool character, but still).
Can't be helped ... seems like her popularity's just way above the others in the entire series (just going by 2ch's character thread counts for now).

Anyway from the game's PSP thread at 2ch, Super High School Level's Shuraba/My Girlfriend and Wife Fight Too Much!





Yup, this is actually a galgame in disguise. Must say the staff has superb taste though. Sayakaaa~! And this is indeed replacing VVV's timeslot as melina_putri mentioned at the top of the page!

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2013-06-12 at 17:57. Reason: Better scan and added one more. Iby covered the last scan.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 17:00   Link #110
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^Holy crap, a new PSP Dangan game is coming out!? Well heck, I'd gladly take it even if it's a galgame. But to heck with Maizono, though. Gimme Fukawa or Sakura instead.



BTW, there is a thread for this series in the gaming section, so perhaps anything game-related should go there as well. Just beware of all the spoilers, though.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 22:10   Link #111
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Holy crap, a new PSP Dangan game is coming out!? Well heck, I'd gladly take it even if it's a galgame. But to heck with Maizono, though. Gimme Fukawa or Sakura instead.
No, no it's just my joke coming off poorly!! No new PSP game yet! And the galgame joke is just making fun of the "Daily" part of the game, especially in the 2nd one because of the additional "thing" that that you get along with new skills when you "max out your 'love' meter with those characters" (aka finish collecting the fragments). The shuraba part is just referring to that Maegi's stuck between Maizono and Kirigiri in the doujin-fandom.



The last few are official art though

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, there is a thread for this series in the gaming section, so perhaps anything game-related should go there as well. Just beware of all the spoilers, though.....
Noted!

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2013-06-16 at 03:32. Reason: Added another picture
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 00:16   Link #112
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
When in July is the series to premiere?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 02:44   Link #113
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
No, no it's just my joke coming off poorly!! No new PSP game yet!

Ah, my bad for misinterpreting your post. It's unfortunate though, because a new PSP Dangan game WOULD be welcome (even if it's a galgame). I still stand by what I said before about who I'd rather see Naegi date, though!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 08:48   Link #114
LAboy 456
Portuguese Anime Fan
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portugal
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
When in July is the series to premiere?
The official site of the series version of "Dangaronpa" has been updated with the date(s):

http://www.geneonuniversal.jp/rondor...x00020000.html

__________________

Last edited by LAboy 456; 2013-06-11 at 10:35.
LAboy 456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 09:50   Link #115
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Now if someone can tell me if it's within the first week of July or the 11th, then I'll know when to set my schedule.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 20:01   Link #116
Renchan
Nyaw~~ X3
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Renchan
^ July 4th (or 5th, or 6th depends on the TV station)


... Naegi got a harem there, as expected from SHSL Luck
__________________
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 01:09   Link #117
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
Naegi got a harem there, as expected from SHSL Luck

Yeah, I guess Togami COULD be considered a part of Naegi's harem, couldn't he?



I also like how Oowada is resting his foot on poor Yamada's shoulder.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 05:03   Link #118
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyakka Ryoran
Age: 23
Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 00:27   Link #119
Renchan
Nyaw~~ X3
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Renchan
The ending theme will be done by Suzumu feat. Soraru, called "Zetsubousei: Hero Chiryouyaku", and will be released on August 7th.

Spoiler for tracklist:
__________________
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 01:17   Link #120
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
The bear reminds me of Ted, at least in looks, well half of him anyway, is there an equivalence of a Boston accent in Japanese?
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.